Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strange Visitor

3 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Strange Visitor - Page 2 Empty Re: Strange Visitor

Post by KingOfGames Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:32 am

Clash was able to pull Zel a little faster than Julie, his squirming while looking through the binoculars really didn't help though, nevertheless, he makes it across.

"Finally..."

Clash quickly put his anklets back on, poor Carter needed a break.
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:59 am

Julie sighs, before standing back up and looking toward the dimming green light...
Even she was growing a little uncomfortable with how fast it seemed to be disappearing.

"It's... it's not much farther. Are you okay, Clash?"
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

http://pyrode.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:02 pm

After Zel climbed off the barrier, he walked over to Clash and Julie.

"Are you ok Julie?" Zel asked before turning to Clash and raising both hands to rest on Clash's shoulders. "Clash, Thank you lad. I would love to ask you how you were able to do that, but there are more pressing matters at hand."

Zel then started walking cautiously towards the trees.

When he pushed through the dense cluster of plants, he stared in wonder at what he found. A large crater about twenty feet in diameter was formed in the ground. Near the perimeter, mangled bushes and splintered trees lay dead. At the center of the hole there was a giant rock about three times the size of the average mobian in height. Scattered around the face of the rock were what looked to be green crystals that were slowly strobing with the same faint glow the group saw from behind the trees.

"These crystals were what was making that glow." Zel said as he stepped over the pile of dirt at the edge of the crater, then slid down towards the rock in the middle. He pulled out the energy scanner once again and held it up to the rock.

"This looks to be our U.F.O., but there's something very strange about these energy readings. They seem to be lowering and spiking in a beat. Almost like a... A heartbeat?"
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:06 pm

"Yeah, I'm fine, thanks." He responds to Julie

"And don't thank me, that wasn't all me." Responded to Zel, who afterwards started walking towards the forest, which he followed.

Eventually, they made it to the large rock, a prominent energy was emanating from it, which Dr. Zel commented on.

"You really gotta stop watching sci-fi movies, dude."
"Anyway, yeah, there's definitely something living in there, I can feel it."

He was expecting the soul of an alien to have a weird feeling, he's met an alien before, though, it wasn't too friendly...
In any case, despite knowing this, the soul of this thing was pretty crazy... Hopefully this one's friendly.

Last edited by KingOfGames on Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:46 am; edited 2 times in total
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:39 am

'That wasn't all me.
Pretty odd phrasing, and it certainly caught Julie's attention, but for now she was more focused on the large rock with the strange aura. 

"So... What do we do now?" She asks in a somewhat hushed voice, standing behind Dr. Zel and staring at the zone. "It's... It's not doing anything."
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:36 am

Zel dropped his pack on the ground and pulled out a small disc shaped device. He placed it on the surface of the meteor, then went back to his pack. Then he pulled out a collapsible tripod stand and a laptop.

"The disk I placed on the meteor will give us some advanced readings on what's inside it." The ferret said as he placed the laptop on the stand.

"Let's see what we have here." Zel said as numerous programs opened up on the screen of the laptop.

"Clash, Julie, you need to see this!' Zel said, his eyes still glued to the screen of the laptop. "These readings say that this meteor is indeed extraterrestrial. It's made of something that isn't found anywhere on Mobius. I'm also noticing that there is trace amounts of ultraviolet radiation emanating from these glowing crystals."

Zel walked back over to the meteor and slid his hand across it before an alarm droned from the laptop. Zel turned towards the sound and asked with a look of slight concern on his face,

"Clash, Julie, Quick! What are the readings saying?"

If the two looked at the screen, they would see that a hazard icon was flashing in the corner of one of the windows. The window was of a graph indicating UV radiation. The radiation from the crystals was spiking higher and higher. As the graph continued rising, the crystals were rapidly getting brighter and brighter.
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:56 am

Zel did that thing with the disc and the laptop, certainly was enthusiastic, again, not that he could blame him.
Clash looked at the screen when Zel first called for them, he recognized a few of the programs, but not all of them, thanks Dad.

extraterrestial- no shit, made of non-Mobius material- no shit, traces of ultraviolet radiation- no shi-
Wait what?

And now the meteor was glowing... SHITSHITSHIT

"Zel! Get out of the way!" 

Clash really hoped he'd be able to make this.
He'd attempt to grab Julie, warp over to Zel, and then warp behind something before they got the sunburn of a lifetime.
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:08 am

Unlike Clash who seemed to have some experience with this kinda stuff, for a few seconds she was a little lost. 
But she wasn't an idiot, and she could at least read english. You don't need to be a genius to know what these words mean. 

Cause now it's radioactive. 
That can't be good.

"Uh... Dr. Zel, we should probably get aw-", she began saying before getting grabbed and teleported closer to Zel. 
She wasn't sure how to react, but if Clash was successful in grabbing Zel, she wouldn't have much of a choice in the matter anyway, now would she?
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:04 am

Zel heard Clash shout for him to move, then he turned back to the meteor. The crystals had rapidly turned from a faint green glow to a bright white light that hurt Zel's eyes to look at.

Zel closed his eyes and tried to step back but he felt something grab him. He then got the feeling he had just been teleported somewhere else.

The crystals on the meteor were now glowing almost as bright as the sun. Suddenly the meteor exploded, sending shards of the crystals and foreign rock everywhere. Clash had safely teleported the three behind a large boulder that was able to block the radiation waves, and protect them from the flying shards.

A few moments after the noise died down from the explosion, Zel slowly opened one eye, then the other. Aside from Zel's vision being fuzzy for a moment, and his ears ringing from the explosion, the three seemed to be unharmed.

"Clash, Julie. Are you two okay?" Zel asked before pondering, "What just happened? One minute I was in front of the meteor, and the next I am behind this boulder."

Zel then decided to peek around the edge of the boulder. He saw that some of the nearby trees were scarred with burns, and some bushes were crackling with flames. When Zel looked back towards the crater, he saw that the meteor had been almost completely shattered. Though when he saw what was now at the center of the crater, his eyes widened larger than a puppy begging for food.

"I can't believe what I'm seeing!" Zel squeaked with joy. "Clash... Julie... Prepare for an encounter of the fifth kind!"

At the center of the crater, there was now a mobian-like creature down on one knee. It's skin was made of the same rocky material as the meteor. It's head, arms, legs, and chest were adjourned with what seemed to be the same kind of green crystals that were decorating the meteor.
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:55 am

WHEW! That was close! they almost got burnt AND hit with meteor shrapnel.

"Chaos Control, Dr. Zel, didn't think I was gonna make that, but I'm fine at least."
"You ok, Julie? Sorry I just up and grabbed you like that."

Clash apologized, but then Zel started squeeing, which Kane responded to by almost bopping the lad, before seeing the alien,

("Yo, uh... You wanna see this, Clash?")

"What're we looking at-"

Oh wow, that was an actual alien, crystally lookin' one... Aside from the ultraviolet flash earlier, it seems friendly enough...

"Hey there?"
Clash waved hello while doing so, might not understand English, sure hope it did though, would be a lot easier.
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:14 pm

"So that's what... Chaos Control is...?" Julie mumbles to herself cheekily, completely unsure of where she'd heard the phrase before, but finding it quite appropriate here.
"I- I'm alright, thank you." She says to both of them before standing up from her somewhat crouched position behind the rock and brushing herself off. 

As the situation settles down, Zel's sharp squeak hurt her ears and she gives him an annoyed pout after covering them for a few seconds. 
She notices Clash and Zel both looking to the meteor, and lo and behold, there it is... 
Her eyes went wide, and she gave a sharp chuckle as her tail began flicking around. 
Oh dear.

"So... This is the alien?" She whispers from behind them. "Looks more like a Rock Mobian to me, expected it to look a little weirder..." Despite her apparent... disappointment(?), she was more just hiding her concerns of a potential threat by minimizing its importance. In reality, she was genuinely a little, if not creeped out, then just weirded out. 

She stays behind the two, though she stares all the same...

Last edited by ThePromiseIncarnate on Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:17 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fixing the code)
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:46 pm

Zel stared intently at the alien creature. He was curious what it was going to do.

The crystalline alien stood up. They then opened their eyes which were glowing the same color as the crystals were before. The alien scanned its surroundings before hearing a voice call out,

"Hey there?"

The alien turned towards the voice to see three creatures, assumably natives to the planet, watching them from behind a rock. The alien stared long and hard at the group, tilting its head side to side occasionally.

Zel was freaking out. He had to get video evidence! He reached for his backpack to find a camera but...

'Wait... Where is it?' Zel thought, before realizing what probably happened. He peeked back over the rock to see that his pack, along with all his other equipment stored in it, was destroyed in the explosion.

'Awww shoot! Well, I guess I'll just have to take some of the meteor shards.'

Zel turned to Clash and Julie and said,

"I am going to try and talk to it. Just be ready if it tries anything."

Zel them proceeded to slowly step out from behind the rock and climb over the lip of the crater. As he did so, he said to the alien,

"Greetings. I am Doctor W. E. Zel. You are on the planet Mobius. Who are you?"

The alien stood there watching Zel, not saying a word.

"Can... Can you understand what I'm saying? Can you even talk?"

The alien tiled it's head in confusion.

"Talk? C-Can you speak words?" Zel tried harder to get it to say something, anything, to get more information.

He stomped his foot in frustration. As he thought of how to get this thing to tell them where it came from, the alien started to do something.

The alien started stomping on the ground too. Seemingly random at first, but then Zel started to notice a pattern.

"Are you... This is fascinating!" Zel said as he pulled a notebook and pen from a pocket in his lab coat. He started making dots and dashes on the paper, trying to follow the alien's stomping patterns.

Once the alien stopped, Zel looked across the paper, before saying to the others,

"It's ok guys! This alien says it's friendly!"
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:38 am

Huh, apparently it was friendly... And didn't speak English... Wonderful.
Spoke in morse code apparently, but it wasn't like he knew how to translate that either...
Maybe he could try talking to its soul? Nah, who knows if this thing had a relatively normal one? And besides, his means of doing so is a bit... Aggressive, wouldn't help anything.

"Cool!" Clash responds, before turning back to Julie.

"Seems nice enough, too bad it doesn't speak English though, that's gonna be annoying."
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:12 pm

Though Zel had found out he didn't have his camera, Julie was quick to pull out her phone and turn on the camera app to record it. 
And as she did, it did the most bizarre thing she could imagine an alien doing. 

It stomped. 
In morse code.
Morse code that Dr. Zel could understand. 

She blinked, looked to Clash, then looked back to the alien, then to Zel, then back to the alien... Then she just facepalmed, rubbing her face intensely. 

"It knows... English morse code? How do we know it's not some huge coincidence that it can communicate like this, that this means what we think it means? I- it might not be able to speak English, b- but-" She began stuttering a bit, and had to calm herself down. No one else here seemed concerned or confused, why should she? 

"S- sorry, uh... So what now? Do we just... Start asking it questions?"

Last edited by ThePromiseIncarnate on Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Ah yes, sign language, of course)
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:16 am

"Good idea Julie! But what questions to ask it though?" Zel said as he paced back and forth in front of the alien.

He started muttering to himself as he thought about what to ask it.

"What to ask it? We obviously need to ask it where it's from, but also what it is. I am also very intrigued about it's physiology and what its' capable of. It could also not even understand what we are saying to it and- URK!"

The alien suddenly out of nowhere grabbed Zel by the neck as the crystals around its' three-fingered hand started faintly glowing green.

"W-What are you doing?!" Zel said as he tugged at the alien's hand grasped firmly around his neck. "Clash, Julie! I might need a bit of assistance!"

Just then, the alien let go of Zel as the ferret gasped for a breath. The glow on the alien's hand then looked to travel up it's arm, and then to the crystals on its' chest, then finally up to the crystals on its' head.

"Apologies. This is the only way that my species can talk like you Mobians." The alien said as it bowed with its' right arm across its' chest. "My name is In-Juun. I am a Crystalite from the planet Aldon. I came to warn all of you of an incoming invasion."

"An invasion? I thought you said you were friendly?" Zel said with a very confused, and also concerned look on his face.

"I am. But the leader of Aldon is not. For years we have lived a peaceful life on Aldon. But then a new leader Crystalite was born. Hadaan. He believes that since he has so much power that he has a right to be the leader of the galaxy. And Mobius is his first target."
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:41 am

Clash looked at the exasperated Julie and sighed.

"Well, last time I met an alien, it knew English because it ate people and assimilated their knowledge, so this is pretty ta-"

Shortly after he said that Zel was getting choked out! Not having a part two of that!
Clash charges up a Chaos Spear, but then the alien let go.

The alien introduced itself, In-Juun apparently, kinda sounded like "engine"...

It then stated that he came to warn them about an invasion.

God damn it.

"Jeez, seriously? This is a Black Arms scenario all over again..." "Still though if this guy's to be trusted, we have to prepare."

Clash gives a stern look to the alien

"June- I hope you don't mind me calling you that-, How big should we expect this invasion to be?"
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:12 am

Julie was quick to grab her bat as the alien seemed to attack Zel, but before she could rush in to swing at him, he started speaking. 

Oh dear God, an invasion. As if her anxiety wasn't bad enough, now she has yet another thing to worry about. 

"W- wait, an invasion...? When's it gonna happen?!" Quick and to the point. Odd.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:36 am

Zel was surprised by what In-Juun was saying.

'An invasion on Mobius?! This is getting more serious really quick!'

In-Juun then responded to the questions.

"To answer your question pointy Mobian, you can expect an army of several hundred Crystalites. And to answer your question fluffy Mobian, I do not know for certain. I volunteered to go with the scouts that were going to examine how advanced Mobius' defences are so that I could warn as many Mobians as I could."

"Wait. You said scouts. You mean there are more of you here? Now?" Zel asked with concern in his eyes.

"Sadly yes. Their mission was to come here, then report back, but not to fight unless they are spotted."

Just then, a rustling noise came from behind the trees nearby. In-Juun turned towards the noise, then back to the others.

"Quick, you three need to hide!" In-Juun whispered with a tone of concern in his voice. "If they see you, they won't stop until they know you are dead."

Zel then looked around the area. Where could they hide? Everything was destroyed by the meteor explosion. Except...

"Come on you two! Behind the rock from earlier!" Zel said as he began climbing up the slope of the crater back towards the rock.
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:20 am

Clash's face tensed up at the mention of "several hundred" aliens that would be invading their world. The news that followed was not better either.

"Jeez..."
Clash runs over to Zel to offer his hand, so they could warp over to the boulder again.
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:53 pm

Julie was rather confused and panicked, not even able to get a word in edgewise even if she had anything to say,
Upon the demand to get back behind the rock, she began running as fast as she could, only to be picked up by Clash along with Zel and get warped with them.

"Oof- oh Chaos, oh no... What did we just get involved in? An alien invasion, are you kidding me?!" Julie hisses out in a hushed cry. Of course, this isn't Mobius' first extraterrestrial invasion, nor would it be their last, but she was... Fairly sheltered the first time.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:05 am

Zel grabbed Clash's outstretched hand, and along with him and Julie, they warped back behind the boulder.

Zel took off his adventuring hat, then layed back against the rock, sighing.

"At first this was a simple research expedition. Now we are having to hide from supposedly dangerous aliens!" He said quietly. "I am truly sorry for bringing the two of you into this. If I had known it would escalate this far, I would have asked for some more professional help."

He then decided to carefully peek over the edge of the rock to see what is going on.

From out of the forest, another Crystalite walked into the crater. Only this one had dark blue crystals across it's body. In-Juun started tapping his foot, then the blue Crystalite tapped back. They then grabbed wrists. A glow traveled from In-Juun's arm through the blue Crystalite's arm, and to the crystals on its' head.

"So. You encountered natives."

"Yes. Three Mobians came to my pod after it opened. I gained their language before disposing of them."

'So they were telling the truth.' Zel thought. 'They lied to their partner about what actually happened to protect us.'

What Zel hadn't realized was that despite protecting them earlier, the solar radiation had worn down the rock's integrity. His face turned pale as his hand slipped and part of the boulder broke off from supporting his weight.

The blue Crystalite looked over In-Juun's shoulder and saw the three sitting behind the rock.

"We've been spotted!" The Blue Crystalite said as they began rushing up towards Zel, Clash, and Julie.

After the blue Crystalite began their pursuit, In-Juun closed their eyes and then thrust their hand into the ground. Just then, a wave of green crystals started rapidly sprouting out of the ground towards the other Crystalite.

'I can't let you hurt them Felgran. I just can't.'

The crystals then took a turn around the Crystalite and created a wall between Zel's team and the blue Crystalite.

"What are you doing In-Juun? Remove this wall, now!"

"I'm sorry Felgran, but I can't do that."

The two Crystalites stared at each other for a few seconds before Felgran said,

"Then you have proven yourself a traitor to Hadaan."

Felgran thrust their hand forward as a blue beam of energy shot from their palm. In-Juun held their arms up in front of them to block the blast, but it was too powerful. In-Juun was launched backwards into the dirt slope of the crater.

"Hmph. You know that I am a blue, and you are a green. So why even try to stop me?"

In-Juun got up slowly while saying,

"Because... Because I believe what I'm fighting for... Is the right thing to do!"
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:25 am

Well, this sucks.
After warping to the rock, Zel apologized to the two, and Julie was freaking out.

"Hey, hey, Julie, it's alright, we can get through this, there are people like Sonic out there that can take care of this like it's nothing." "When that invasion happens, you gotta keep calm and protect your sister, alright?"

As for Zel...

"Yeah, my dad probably would've been better for this, but I don't regret it, I got to see some aliens again, and this time, we got a warning."

And then, In-Juun lied to the other alien, and then the rock broke, Felgran was going to attack, but In-Junn protected them, showing how determined they were to protect the planet.

By the time In-Juun made their statement, Clash had charged his chaos energy, going for his special move from behind Felgran! 

"Chaos Punishment!"
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:57 am

Julie nods slowly as she tries to calm herself down with Clash's help. Even if she couldn't do much... She had to do something. There's no "protecting" Pyra, but she could at least try and fight alongside her so Pyra wouldn't have to defend her.
She wasn't just some damsel in distress Princess.

Hell, legally she wasn't even a Princess anymore, but who's counting?

However, the sudden action didn't help matters, distracting her from her thoughts as rocks fall and she certainly felt like she was about to die.
She turns to where Clash was, and he was already gone, launching an attack at Felgran from behind.

'Now's a better time than never to use this thing, no way am I getting close to it!' Julie thinks to herself, grabbing her Hover Wispon in a panic, and immediately pointing it at Felgran and pulling the trigger while screaming "Take this you alien freak!"
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:24 am

Felgran was about to ready another energy blast towards In-Juun, when suddenly he heard from behind him,

"Chaos Punishment!"

He turned and saw Clash jumping towards him for an attack. Felgran quickly thrusted his arms into the ground. A short wall of blue crystals erupted from the ground between Clash and the Crystalite. The barrier protected Felgran from the attack, but they hadn't noticed that that the attack was strong enough to crack the crystals forming the wall.

In-Juun was readying to blast at Felgran from behind, now that Clash had him occupied. When he heard Julie's voice from behind the rock.

"Take this you alien freak!"

In-Juun didn't know what she was holding, but he assumed it was some kind of weapon. So instead of blasting at Felgran, In-Juun decided to take care of Felgran's crystal shield. He thrust his hand into the ground, and another wave of green crystals rushed towards the barrier. The two colored crystals collided, and shattered. Felgran was wide open for an attack.

"What?! How did you-" Felgran was then hit right in the face with the full force of the hover wispon's blast. He stumbled back a few steps, holding a hand to his forehead.

"Well, well... I guess Mobius does have some decent defences." Felgran said looking up to Julie. "Hey, fluffy one! Haven't felt a hit like that in a few decades!"

"Leave them alone Felgran! Your fight is with me!" In-Juun shouted.

Zel was unsure of what to do in this situation. He wasn't really a fighter. He had some protective measures with him in case of wild animals, but those were all destroyed along with his pack. The best thing he thought to do now, would be to sit and help out from the sidelines. Watching people's blind spots for them.
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:39 am

Damn it, the Carbink had Protect- I mean- What?

Clash took the opportunity to warp and slash again, in a falling karate chop sort of motion with his saber.
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next