Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resurging past

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Resurging past - Page 2 Empty Re: Resurging past

Post by SillyString Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:02 am

Camille smiled softly as Shrike complimented her on her bravery, giving a small chuckle. "It is easy to be brave when you're quite powerful through magical means, such as myself. It is another thing to be brave when all you have is armor, a rifle, and a helmet... With no powers at all. Unless you've been hiding something from me, of course..." She said, flashing a quick smirk at the soldier. "I admire your bravery, Shrike. It's not often you see someone with very little powers in the hero business unless they've got a lot of money."

The Lady hummed softly to herself as they drove, a small smirk coming onto her face as she listened to Shrike's words about her vest. "Yes, that was my conclusion as well. It would at least protect me a bit better from near-disembowelment..." She glanced down with a small grimace at her bloodied outfit. "...Luckily, I can handle quite a bit of pain." Camille gave a small, musical laugh as Shrike mentioned that he 'knew someone'.. "Does this someone happen to be a tailor who occasionally moonlights as an armorer? From what I've heard, it's not the most common profession..."

Soon, Camille turned onto a smaller side road that seemed to be a long gravel driveway, before coming to a wrought-iron gate in the midst of a tall hedge. The gate opened automatically as the car approached it, swinging inward to welcome them. They were soon driving up a small, lamplit drive...

Soon, Shrike could see a rather large Victorian-style home on the top of a gentle hill. Camille was more focused on noting the response of Shrike about his helmet, but decided against pressing him further. Many people covered their faces for a myriad of reasons... Some from shame, others from trauma. Or perhaps the soldier was just shy? She smiled at the thought as they approached the house. Shrike's next question brought up fond memories of when she acquired the place.

"The house has been here for quite some time... I've lived in it for a few years, now." She sighed as they reached the end of the drive, stopping in front of a decently-sized seperated garage in the same style as the house. The house was only a short distance away. "I had the garage added, of course. As for living alone..." She pressed a small button on the ceiling of the car's cabin, causing one of the three garage doors to open before deftly backing the vehicle in. "...I do, yes. And it does seem rather empty, occasionally... But the solitude is very nice sometimes."

For a moment, the garage was pitch black before the lights flicked on. On Shrike's side, he'd be able to see another black SUV, this one being a more luxurious and modern SUV. Further along, there seemed to be another car that was covered by a tarp. Judging by the silhouette, it seemed to be a sports car of some kind.
SillyString
SillyString
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:29 pm

As the lights casted over his frame he quietly listen too the Mobian. The passing sights showed a very calming appearance, something to put his paranoid mind at ease...even if it would only be for a short time, being so close to his former home did conjure memories of a better time... a different one..before fate stepped in and changed it all, little did the occupants of the city knew what happened...and could of been on that frightful night.

Her remark on his so called bravery was welcomed...but he didn't know if it was..true bravery or perhaps just the adrenaline that made him act the way he did, the odds were not in the humans favor when it came to the greater scope of the world. The hero's that brought change could face monumental challenges and come out swinging..while he was lucky to come out with his limbs attached after fighting the empires robots in a pitched battle. It was all he had after all...armor...firepower and the sole determine grit to fight on. He could never see himself as a hero, he left that title for the likes of the freedom fighters. 

Oh he most certain knew someone who could double as that, if there was one figure on this world who knew both that it be his longest standing ally, a faint grin came upon his face when the Mobian dog asked if he was capable of such a act, bobbing his helmeted head lightly at her smirk

"You certainly proved it out in the field...you won't simply roll over and accept defeat either...your outfit could be repaired and perhaps even upgraded...my ally's talents are far beyond any thing I can perform...the true MVP....a good friend....even during this time of change......Hmh if it's any proof of it...my upgraded armor array and clothing should be enough.

He alone modified it and added onto it, protection, technology, weaponry, even the very fabric I wear was enhanced by his technical know how.....these days however he is occupied with his new life and partner...but who knows....."

Coming into view before his eyes the first images of a large iron gate, large hedge rows lined the walls. This is not exactly what he was expecting for a "House hold." This was starting to look a lot more fancy then just that. The gates automatically swung opened as they proceeded ahead. There...before him..her home came into view...enlarging every more as drew closer and closer....the establishment was...impressive in scale....designed on a architecture from a time passed..but stylish...gazing in awe the human had never entered a home such as this....he figured she must be doing quite well for herself if this is what she can get her paws on.

The helmet story was...a complicated one...a series of events leading too a point....experience..reactions....isolation....why would any one want or need to see under it, why did he fear it, he felt...conflicted...a double edge sword between doing so...and refusing...Perhaps time..and trust were all that were needed...He tried not to dwell on it and rather focus on the majestic house before him

Pulling up and close too a double sided garage not too far off from the main premises, upon stopping they had finally reached their intended destination, Shrike promptly unbuckled himself as she carefully parked the vehicle in its intended spot, course there was another beside it....another SUV tho clearly not built for all terrain its appearance seemingly more for travel in well built up and developed area's and not the lines of going off the beaten path, Even further more another vehicle hidden under a tarp, it was any guess what it could be but if she could own three cars and that mansion, wow she really must be well off. Briskly the human opened the door clambering himself out giving the shoulders a quick once over rotation.

"Well for the job you hold has to pay pretty well too have all of this....kinda mind blowing really....never been to such a....elaborate place....usually this was all reserved for the mega wealthy or the planets super stars....it's...quite the opposite of what I experienced.....I'm just surprised you do honestly......You have all of this....you seem to be incredibly talented and...I suppose looks to boot....I guess it was just a given...hmh."

Shrike didn't want to be nosey and ask that personal stuff, maybe she just enjoyed being on her own instead with someone, who was he too judge he was doing the same thing as well really, then again he didn't really have many admirable attributes to rely on for such things. Swiftly collecting his firearm and detached assembly of gear he would make his way out of the garage and onto her drive way, awaiting the lady herself to lead to her home.

"It's a lot bigger up close then I imagined....After you "

He firmly stood aside and waited for her too lead, it was almost like he felt totally out ranked by her, as if he was below her, it was only his mind doing this too him, for he lived his life like a grunt, following what the superiors wanted....old habits die hard.
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by SillyString Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:28 am

Camille sighed softly. "My job doesn't pay enough for me to be able to afford this. I was fortunate enough to come across this place in total disrepair..." She smiled fondly up at the house as she too exited the garage, the door rumbling closed behind her. "...And I had just become the recipient of an unexpected inheritance. I bought the place quite cheaply and restored it to what it is today." She gave a small chuckle. "Well, I paid for it to be restored. I'm not much with any sort of tool." She didn't comment on the mention of her looks nor talents, simply smiling to herself.

The Lady walked by him, humming softly as she walked up to the front door, pulling out a small set of keys from inside her suit jacket. "Good thing these didn't get messed up..." She muttered to herself, before calling back to Shrike. "So, this friend of yours. Tell me about them! Do they have a usual price for custom work?" With a small click, a lock slipped put of place from the door, yet it didn't open. Holding a hand out and touching the door, she seemed to mutter something quietly before it finally opened, moving noiselessly to reveal a large foyer shrouded in darkness.

"Please, I insist you come in first." Camille held the door open. "You probably saved me quite a lot of harm, Shrike. I'd like to find out how I could repay that." She smiled at him, waiting for the soldier to enter. "But that' s for later. For now, I need to patch myself up a bit more and stop showing off my midriff like some prostitute." She'd look down at her stomach area, noting with satisfaction that the wounds had mostly closed up on their own, though bandages would still be necessary. "And you should take care of your injuries as well. Most of the bathrooms here have decent medical supplies, so you should be able to do what you need in private. Now please, do come in."
SillyString
SillyString
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:58 pm

Upon reaching the front door, he stood in silence behind her as she fumbled around with the keys, questioning his friend and more important what he charge her for said upgrade or repair. A second or two passed as he tried to remember every thing the former scientist was capable of performing, the list seemed to forever go on if he had all the time in the world to explain. The lingering gaze quickly snapped back to her, speaking up.

"Doctor Marcus Lysander.... ? Well I'd have too inquire about it....all the upgrades I received were......uhhhh...necessary for the situation during that time. Free of course, given that I was assisting him in a......complicated time, still his range of skills and material he has acquired over time means I'm confident he can just about get you access to any thing you would want...course the more rare the steeper the price....There is even some that I am not aware of."

Arching ever so lightly to the left the freelancer witnessed her open the door....with out touching it ? Maybe it was a voice command system, the focus shifted as the large door opened with that iconic creaking sound exposing a dark foyer the lead into deep into the house. It was at that moment the Armoured human felt a strange...and...unnatural gust hit him, faint..but noticeable, generating a slight unease in his stance, regardless the Mobian insisted he enter first. Not wanting to ruin the floor Shrike removed the thick steel grip plates from under his boots taking about a inch or so off of his height and leaving them outside taking his first steps into her home. He didn't seem to answer about her repaying him, either he didn't know what to ask or felt there was no need for her to do so.

Unable to explain the sudden shift in how he was feeling Shrike just kind of peered about, the space and size was well only second to those facilities he once trodden, tho Camille was quick to remind him and herself that they still had injuries that needed attention with the comment about looking like a prostitute for her exposed stomach area, which oddly had healed....far quicker then natural....causing yet another confused and perplexed glare from him, while his own were still as fresh as when he took the hit...clearly Shrike was slowly starting to realize there was more to it then just a simple being before him. 

"I....Uhhh I can at least help with that regard....I am as well not mechanically gifted but I do have some useful equipment...including specialized nanoite compound gel layed bandages....I'll probably have to apply some myself....but...I'll wait inside one of the restrooms if you decide on it.."

While he peered at her mid rift and her wounds he took her own advice and promptly entered the nearest rest room, closing the door to just about shut. Alone and out of the way a exasperated sigh left the helmet vent, a mirror before him reflected himself as he slowly approached it, eyeing himself in it, boy...to say he looked like hell was a understatement

"Man you look worse then you thought....probably embarrassing....two different leagues that's for sure........Looks like a few more wear and tear too add to the list....burn marks go under the helmet...stings like a bitch. well..gotta do what I gotta do."

The freelancer raised his black gloved hands disconnecting the sealing clips of his helmet, sleeving it off the top of his head, placing it beside him near the sink, he would begin apply the gel compound bandages, the gel was a rapid restoration process but it did generate a great discomfort during the time it would take for it too fully work.
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by SillyString Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:16 am

Camille would simply nod about Lysander's prices being steep. Currently, money really wasn't a problem for her... The benefit of being alive for as long as she had been was the ability to amass wealth without suspicion. Especially if you were smart, knew where to invest, and uncursed a lot of cursed gold.

The canine would shake her head at Shrike's offer of medical supplies. "I'll be able to take care of myself, don't worry..." She trailed off as she watched the man forge onward into the darkness of the house, shrugging to herself as she waved a hand towards a light switch.

The lights in the house would come on, bathing the halls in a warm, golden light. Quickly grabbing a pen and paper from her study, she'd write a small note and slip it under the door of the bathroom Shrike was in. The note read as follows with elegant, flowing handwriting...

"Shrike, after you finish up with whatever you're doing, please meet me in my study and library. It's down the hall through the big double doors. Feel free to make yourself comfortable there.

DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THE BOOKS ON THE FAR SHELF BEHIND THE DESK!"

Camille had even signed the note, her signature as elegant as she was. The Lady herself was quickly heading up to her room, some bandages and a change of clothes sorely needed.
SillyString
SillyString
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:44 am

A gloved hand trailed over his forehead brushing from left to right as any one would do when experiencing fatigue. The burning sensation of the medical appliance was thankfully wearing off now, he no longer needed to make cringing faces in the minor to handle the pain that followed from applying it. Checking out any last parts of his attire for any thing out of the ordinary or just simple inspecting were the last of his actions.

"Not the best, but it will do for now."

Collecting the the ever worn and ever distinct helmet, Shrike would slowly slip it back on as the gentle hiss of escape air triggered followed by a subtle click, securing over his head once more. Isolated in the room the ever growing unease was rising, this place, her....it all began to feel....out of the ordinary, never quite able to put his finger on it...something...was a miss.

Hearing the dulled muffled footsteps from the other side Shrikes head swiveled over as a note was passed or seemingly spotted under the door it self. re-orientating himself to pluck into into his digits the note ask him to meet her in the study and under no circumstances to ever touch the books located on the far shelf behind the desk....this filled him with unease.....his suspicions were starting to build by the minute.

Stowing away the well written note, Shrike eventually exited the bathroom, lights now enveloped the once dark interior, the sounds of large steel capped boots against the floor was probably the loudest sound there was as he ventured to the pair of large doors as requested.

Slowly he pushed them open creaking as they exposed the study before him. Seemingly un occupied as of yet, gingerly he entered....the eyes peering left to right, down and above at what was in the room. Again shrikes sense of unease was at the forefront. A cold shiver trickling through his frame feeling as if something else was present. Of course he can't sense as he had no ability to do so....but this was beyond that, attempting to shrug it off as just his own mind at it again. Patiently he waited....eyes fixed to the rear shelf...but dare not make a move upon it.

".....Something's not right here...."
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2