Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strange Backgrounds make Strange Friends

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Strange Backgrounds make Strange Friends Empty Strange Backgrounds make Strange Friends

Post by Phrovikus Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:01 pm

The outlying city at night was bustling, and the night was lit up with the never-ending traffic, lights and streams of taillights in the distance seemed beautiful. Phrovikus sat on top of one of the taller buildings, the large Harrier jet he piloted beside him, his aviator's gear on, just... Staring out. In the back of his mind, he wished for someone to join him, to tell him stories of their travels, to show him indifference in judgement and express true endeavors towards friendship...

If only.
Phrovikus
Phrovikus
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Strange Backgrounds make Strange Friends Empty Re: Strange Backgrounds make Strange Friends

Post by vegetaovr9000 Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:04 pm

"If only." thought a cyan hedgehog, as he parked his classic 1992 LS400 near the building Phrovikus sat on top of. He got out and locked the door, then sat on the hood "If only someone could tell me of their adventures...."
vegetaovr9000
vegetaovr9000
Expert Member
Expert Member

Location : Cruising down I-29 in a '97 Plymouth Grand Voyager B)

Back to top Go down

Strange Backgrounds make Strange Friends Empty Re: Strange Backgrounds make Strange Friends

Post by Phrovikus Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:14 pm

The sound of a heavy motor, the roar of an engine parked just so... Casually, could this really be fate calling unto Phrovikus? Could this really be something given from chaos itself? Questions, so many, but without a tongue, he knew he could not just approach or make conversation on the fly, instead, he reached into his back pocket, to pull out a small notebook, writing a note into it, and folding into a plane before tossing it down, hoping the note would reach the cyan creature at the ground level...

The paper airplane fluttered down spectacularly, and within it was a note...

"Look up"

Though it was written twice, once in cursive, once in print, it was clear that the author was nearby, and if the hedgehog were to look up, he'd see the pilot, staring down at him...
Phrovikus
Phrovikus
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by vegetaovr9000 Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:16 pm

The paper plane was caught it his extravagant hair. He took it and read it "Look...up?" He looked up and saw him. Having half fear and half excitement, he waved towards Phrovikus
vegetaovr9000
vegetaovr9000
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phrovikus Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:19 pm

He... Got the note?! This was exciting for the pilot, who promptly waved back in glee... Jubilant, he began writing another, and sent it down... The small paper plane did a barrel roll, and a corkscrew dive before reaching the hedgehog...

"Come up here, the password to the building's door is 1588, the password for the roof elevator is 0899. Hope to see you soon."

With that, he looked back, just to ensure his fighter jet wasn't blocking the elevator, and alas it was not, happily, he sat back down and looked outward...
Phrovikus
Phrovikus
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by vegetaovr9000 Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:21 pm

He nodded, but instead of taking the elevator, he jumped up and flew! FLEW up to the possible new friend. He landed down next to him. He was kinda red in the cheeks because of how shy he was. "U-uh...hi..."
vegetaovr9000
vegetaovr9000
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phrovikus Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:24 pm

The first thing notable about the roof was the GIANT GODDANG GUNSHIP, THAT HUGE PIECE OF METAL WAS RIGHT THERE.

Aside from that, the pilot was relatively skinny, and did not speak, he waved to the cyan hedgehog, and patted the area next to him, as if to gesture for the new friend to sit down... He didn't seem in the slightest concerned or worried, probably because of the fighter plane behind him...
Phrovikus
Phrovikus
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by vegetaovr9000 Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:27 pm

To be honest, he had seen a lot of crazier stuff, so this was normal to him. He sat down next to him, he had a light blue jacket on, it was unzipped. He also had a white shirt underneath, and he wore dark teal jeans with gold boots with brown tips. He had a prominent widow's peak and had hair that naturally stood up. "So, what's your name...?" He whispered a little
vegetaovr9000
vegetaovr9000
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phrovikus Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:32 pm

The pilot did not respond, but wrote again, and slipped the note under the cyan hedgehog's hand...

"My nickname is Phro. I cannot speak, so I will write you these instead, you are?"

It read that, and jut that alone, if he were to take note of the book, it would be very well filled with scrawled writings and sketches, rather than the gorgeous writing he had done before...
Phrovikus
Phrovikus
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by vegetaovr9000 Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:35 pm

He smiled a little bit, still red in his cheeks "M-my name's Srunks. It's nice to meet you.... So what're you doing up here...?" He asked, but didn't try to be rude with the question
vegetaovr9000
vegetaovr9000
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phrovikus Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:38 pm

He did not write, but instead pointed to the sky, and then slipped a small recorder out... It was a voice, presumably him before he went mute...

"This view... It's great..."

It sounded relatively old, and he paused it, a bare-clip of another voice was heard, but was caught by the pause before it could speak...

He gestured to Srunks, and shrugged, as if to ask what he thought...
Phrovikus
Phrovikus
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by vegetaovr9000 Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:41 pm

He smiled "It is a really nice view, I've never seen the city like this... and it's beautiful..." He dangled his legs a little "So...Phro...what's this thing you have with you...?"
vegetaovr9000
vegetaovr9000
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phrovikus Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:43 pm

Unknowing of what Srunks was speaking of, he pointed to his recorder and tilted his head. As of to ask if it was that...

He knew what it was, and refused outright to reveal anything of it, even to the narrator! Oh the fourth wall mayhem!
Phrovikus
Phrovikus
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by vegetaovr9000 Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:48 pm

Srunks scratched his head "That voice right before the pause...? I dunno... I couldn't hear what it said..."
vegetaovr9000
vegetaovr9000
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phrovikus Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:52 pm

Waving his hand outward, shaking his head, he dismissed the worries of his friend, and clicked the recorder several times, playing another message...

"Don't worry your head about it- -mate!"

It seemed as if he hacksawed some of his own recordings to make messages for general situations...

"Why are- -you- here...?"

Each bit that seemed to cut was an end of one, and a start of another, why did he do this?
Phrovikus
Phrovikus
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by vegetaovr9000 Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:54 pm

Srunks didn't question it much "I'm here to relax, usually I just stay in my car and just sigh for about an hour, but I decided to switch things up today and well... it lead to a pretty awesome thing"
vegetaovr9000
vegetaovr9000
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phrovikus Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:05 pm

He clicked the recorder's play button again after cycling through some messages...

"I am- -mute- -because of something that- -happened ear- -lie- -er- in- -life-."

He paused a bit, and pressed it again...
     (tongue)
"-My- tu-ng- -was cut from- -my mouth due to swelling-. -I am- -not sure why..."

Again, strange and eerie, but it seemed he was comfortable sharing this information with Srunks, due to the nature of their encounter, and his longing for a friend...
Phrovikus
Phrovikus
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by vegetaovr9000 Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:10 pm

He nodded "Well, I'm sorry to hear that...but hey at least I made a new friend that won't vanish from me..." He sighed a little and hugged his knees
vegetaovr9000
vegetaovr9000
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phrovikus Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:13 pm

He stopped for a bit... And pressed the recorder a few more times, it was strange how it worked, as if linked to his very mind...

"I- -see- -perhaps maybe- -we can- -stick- -to- -gether?"

He looked over, and in unison pressed the button...

"It'd be fuuuun..-"
Phrovikus
Phrovikus
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by vegetaovr9000 Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:15 pm

He nodded "It'd be lots of fun, besides, you're a pretty cool guy, and I'd like to hang out with you a lot more"
vegetaovr9000
vegetaovr9000
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phrovikus Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:21 pm

"I'm- -not cool- -I'm- -a godddamn- -mute-."

He sighed a bit underneath his helmet...

"You know..- -you are- -a lot- -more exciting- -than- -I am."
Phrovikus
Phrovikus
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by vegetaovr9000 Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:23 pm

He shook his head "I'm about as exciting as a tumbleweed..." he covered his face "Besides, you must have seen some awesome things on some adventure you might have had..."
vegetaovr9000
vegetaovr9000
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phrovikus Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:33 pm

"Tumble- -weed- -is- -more exciting- -than me..-"

He set down the recorder, and took off his helmet, the oriental hornet within the suit was now free to breathe, but his respirator was kept on...

"I can't believe- -I ac- -tually- -found someone- -to talk- -to."
Phrovikus
Phrovikus
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by vegetaovr9000 Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:40 pm

He smiled and just patted his back "Same here, I'm really glad..."
vegetaovr9000
vegetaovr9000
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phrovikus Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:30 pm

A loud, wheezy laugh escaped the lips of the mute... He was truly enjoying himself, and it seemed as if Srunks's demeanor was pleasing to him...

"You- -are- -really a- -good person- -you- -know that?-"
Phrovikus
Phrovikus
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next