Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beginning of a Journey

4 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Beginning of a Journey - Page 9 Empty Re: Beginning of a Journey

Post by C.S.O. Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:33 pm

"I'm sure it might happen one day." Wolf replies.

He sighs softly and glances away from her again.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:57 pm

"Yeah, I think it will," Reena went on, "I mean, c'mon. You're a cute guy, you're at least bound to run into a girl that can't get enough of you. If not a few."
She smiled broadly now and shifted her gaze back in front of her.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:04 am

Wolf is about to reply, but he stops and looks towards the canine as he registers exactly what she's said. She's already turned her attention away by this point. He opens his mouth as though to reply to her, but he's unsure of what to say in response. Instead he closes his mouth and glances away from her again, thinking about what she just said and what it might mean.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:20 am

Reena said nothing further on the subject for now, seeming content to either let him think of a response or leave the conversation where it was.
It was several minutes more of walking, now in relative silence, until they reached the inn Reena had indicated earlier was where she had rented a room. It was a cozy-looking place, if a bit small, but well decorated and clean.

Reena made her way in through the lobby and up the stairs towards the second floor. She slowed in her walking as she fished her room key out of one of the pockets on her camera bag. By the time she reached the wooden door, the key was in her paw and she opened up the door easily and stepped inside.

The room itself was small and cozy, just like the rest of the inn. It was clearly meant for only one person with the full size bed against the far wall and a small night table beside it. There was a table and chair in one corner opposite of the bed. Reena had clearly gotten comfortable in this room as there were a couple of articles of clothing strewn across the unmade bed and she had various items, including snacks and a small laptop, on the table.

"Here we go! My temporary home away from home," the Klee Kai announced as she carried her camera bag over to the table and set it down.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:30 am

Wolf still wasn't sure of how to reply to the canine's seemingly offhand comment while he follows her through the streets and back to the inn. He makes his way inside and looks around at the interior of the lobby.

"Huh. This place looks pretty nice." he says.

He trails along behind her on the way up the stairs and down the hall to her room. While she opens the door, he glances up and down the hallway, watching for anyone else that might be on their way. Then once she opened the door and headed inside, he lingers in the hallway, unsure if he should just head in there with her. After a few moments consideration, he steps inside as well and pushes the door shut. He looks around here as well, briefly taking in the contents of the room.

"Seems pretty nice for one person." he says, watching as she heads over to set her camera bag down.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:19 am

"Yeah, it's a nice little place, isn't it?" she agreed, "You can get comfy, if you want. Put your stuff down or whatever."
She bent down and picked up her backpack from where it was sitting by the chair, setting it down on the table and unzipping it.
"Now, let's see..."
With just a short search, she withdrew a paper map that had been folded and tucked away in the pack.
"Here it is!" She held up the map and turned back towards Wolf.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:33 am

At her urging, Wolf removes his duffel bag and leaves it on the floor by the door. He walks over to join her at the table while she searches through her bag. He back up a little as she turns with the map in her paw.

"Okay. That was pretty fast." he says, "Now we can take a look at it."

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:06 am

"I don't carry a lot of stuff with me," Reena admitted before turning away again.
She pushed aside some of her things on the table.
"Now this is just a map of Northamer. But I have a world map with all the continents on it, too, if you're really goin' far," she explained as she began to unfold the map and lay it out on the table for them to look at. It was a decent-sized and relatively detailed map so it took up quite a bit of space on the table and took Reena several moments to open.
Once done, the canine leaned over the map, skimming her index finger along the middle of the region. She had to search for several moments before pointing to a spot and tapping there.
"You are here," she said, looking back towards Wolf.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:18 am

As the canine lays out the map, Wolf stares at it uncomprehendingly. Rather than having just a map of the region he was looking at a map for the entire continent, which was far more than he expected to deal with.

"Uh... this seems like a bit too much information..." he says, "Do you happen to have something for just the area we're in instead of... everything?"

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:46 am

"How small do you need?" Reena asked as she looked over at him. "I don't have any maps smaller than this, but I can pull one up on my computer for you."
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:49 am

"Ummm... Well, maybe a map for this city and the cities that are nearby?" he replies, "I'm not sure what that size area would be described as."

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:16 am

"Oh, I should be able to get one of those on my computer," Reena said with a nod. She stepped over to the left side of the table, opening her laptop. The screen promptly lit up and she leaned forward slightly to start tapping at the keyboard to log in.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:21 am

"So... since you have such big maps, does that mean you travel a lot over the whole... um, continent?" Wolf asks, while the canine begins typing away at her device.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:35 am

"Yup!" Reena replied with a grin, "I love to just see as much of the world as I can, even if I've only left this continent once. I mean, there's so much stuff out there, y'know?"
She made quick work of opening up a program on her computer and typing rapidly again.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:40 am

"Clearly..." he replies, "Some days it seems like there's too much if you want to get anywhere."

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:49 am

"Maybe," she agreed, "But I sure don't let that slow me down."
She glanced over at Wolf. "And are you going everywhere on foot?" she asked.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:51 am

Wolf nods in reply.

"Everywhere I've been, I've gotten there on foot." he replies, "But I was too young to remember most of the details of those trips, so I couldn't say where I've been."

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:56 am

"Ohhh. Wow, I bet you get to see a lot more details of the land and stuff, then, don't you?" Reena asked.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:59 am

"I guess so." he replies, "There is only so much you can get around to on foot. You can easily miss the majority of what you pass by. But you can fully experience whatever you choose to along the way."

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:04 am

"Yeah. I usually take trains or buses if I don't have my car with me," Reena pointed out, "I was thinking of leaving here by train maybe later today or early tomorrow."
On her screen, she'd pulled up a map and was zooming in to find their location along with the surrounding area.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:12 am

"A train? That's like... a group of buses, right?" Wolf asks.

He's looking over her shoulder at the screen in front of her, watching as the image changes as she works and now as the map moves and enlarges there as she finds where they are.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:17 am

"Well... kinda," Reena replied, "They're long like buses and there's a bunch of them hooked together, but they only run on tracks."
She looked up over her shoulder at him and smiled. "For someone who travels a lot, you don't get out too much, huh?" she asked teasingly.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:21 am

"Well, I get out, but I don't use a lot of this stuff that you do." he replies, "So I only know about a lot of it in passing."

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:41 am

"There's a lot of handy things out there," Reena pointed out.
She finished finding where they were and zoomed in to cover the town they were in as well as enough surrounding area to show the nearest towns and cities as well.
"Case in point..."
She smiled and turned the laptop more towards Wolf so he could see the map on the screen. It was a hybrid map, showing both the land and its terrain, but also clearly marking roads and settlements.
"Behold. The power of the Internet."
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:52 pm

"I don't doubt it." he replies, "Not a lot of it is really necessary though. Convenient perhaps."

He then glances towards the map she had on her screen.

"So... what are the directions on this map?" he asks, "And do you know where we are exactly and where we met on this map?"

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next