Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friend or foe? Meeting a Greater Shadow!

3 posters

Go down

Friend or foe? Meeting a Greater Shadow! Empty Friend or foe? Meeting a Greater Shadow!

Post by DeuxExDimensia Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:04 am

The moonlight barely broke through the branches of the trees covering a majority of the sky from sight. Stars twinkled over head, a stream ran its course, twisting and turning around the trees. A kitsune looking creature walked along the stream, but pitch black bat-like wings stretched out from his back before folding back up close to his body. His three tails, a sure sign of his age, whipped around behind him. The Kitsune's red eyes glowed in contrast to his dark fur. He stopped and took a breath, then looked up at the stars.
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Friend or foe? Meeting a Greater Shadow! Empty Re: Friend or foe? Meeting a Greater Shadow!

Post by Azrael Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:39 pm

Another black and red kitsune walked towards the stream. He looked deep in thought as he carried his sword.it clicked as he walked getting closer to the stream. Seven tails flowing behind him. As he walked he didn't seem to notice anything else. Even for a demon hunter that wasn't always a good thing
Azrael
Azrael
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Friend or foe? Meeting a Greater Shadow! Empty Re: Friend or foe? Meeting a Greater Shadow!

Post by Spekkal Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:22 pm

Shhhff clanang, shhhff clang. An unusual sound. Very faint, and quite far off in the distance from the two kitsunes. But, surely, getting closer. The first sound, something dragging across the grass, brushing it aside as it moved. Possibly a bare foot, barely making a sound. The second? Metal, or a metal-like material following that bare foot, that clang slightly more audible than that shuffling, that parting of the blades of grass. More so heavy, less so subtle.

Crunch crunch. The two sounds had met upon a dirt path. Now a rhythm than a distortion of steps. A white-skinned figure slowly came into view for the kitsune shadow, or more behind him. The sound of the rushing stream just barely masking the steps of the 'thing' behind him.

'Thing' indeed, for this creature was certainly not mobian. Its skin as pale snow, and its body so abnormally thin that it would be a wonder how the organs inside had not ruptured from lack of space. Very slender, and the left arm not an arm, but rather two long tendrils which entwined within each other. Eye black, completely black. 'Eye' because the right side of its face was covered by that metal. Grey in colour, with glowing red sections to signify the energy flowing throughout. No right-sided tendrils, but a mechanical arm. And no mouth, but a muzzle. No doubt its breathing device. Its snow-white tail dragged across the floor behind it, flicking lightly at each touch of a pebble or leaf on the dirt path.

"Passive or threat?" it asked, straight to the point. Its tone monotone. Lack of any sort of emotion. Robotic. No doubt due to a translator within that muzzle around its nose and mouth. An that sudden talking would most likely give the kitsune a fright, unless he heard the creature walking beforehand.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:56 pm

Twilight's ears twitched as he thought he had heard something in the distance. He looked around, scanning the area none too carefully. He didn't want to be bothered with anyone, so he casually turned his head to both sides and almost started walking again before he heard the voice. There was barely a jump from him, but any observant person would've noticed one of his tails twitch slightly upon hearing the voice. The shadow sighed before turning around to the source.

He looked at the creature, observing it from top to bottom very closely before looking back up at it's one eye and glaring at it. "I've seen weirder shadows." The Kitsune replied flatly, refusing to break eye contact with his rather menacing gaze. "What would you have to say to 'neither'?" The Kitsune shadow impatiently began tapping his foot, his tails moving around in a more awkward manner, as if they were going to tangle themselves up if the weird movements continued any longer.
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:12 pm

The kitsune heard the clang and stopped at the river. He reached for the hilt of his sword. He stood still for a few moments listening. If something was going to attack him he would be ready. "A kitsune and a robot. Hmph maybe they'll leave me in peace." He said sitting by the river. The red in the kitsune's fur vanished turning black. Scars appeared on his body and six of his tails vanished. As well as a metal muzzle on his face.

(This is the major intro for Dark Azrael.)
Azrael
Azrael
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:22 pm

"Neutral, yes?" it replied, tapping its chin with the long white tendrils, "That is the correct term. Neither yes nor no. A balance, no?" It didn't move from the spot, lightly leaning against a tree to observe the kitsune shadow, "From my research we have gathered that foxes do not have multiple tails, nor wings, yes? Yet we have also gathered that there are multiple exceptions to each species. Therefore you are an exception. An anomaly. Two."

The metal arm reached out, pointing at Azreal off in the distance, "a friend, yes? Similar skin. Similar tails, no? Why do you not sit together? Was there an argument?" It shook its head, side to side, "What opinions and beliefs do is a tragic thing, yes? Too many conflicts. My condolences."
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:45 pm

He nods when the creature mentions neutrality and then looks over to where it's pointing, at the kitsune standing near them. There seemed to be something strange about this kitsune but Twilight didn't mind. He sensed an obvious hostility, and the dark aura around his malformed left hand became thicker and more prominent in case of a sudden attack. He then turned his head back to the other, more strange looking creature and opened his mouth to answer the questions he had just been asked.

"Friends? Why would I need friends?" He asked back with a sudden change in the tone of his voice. He became almost angry at the assumption. "I would never be friends with one of them." He took a deep breath and sighed. "I'm not a fox though. I'm a greater shadow. I took the form of a Kitsune when I was born though, if that's enough information to get you to leave me be.."
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:26 pm

Azrael's ears perked. "Learn to mind your own business bolt head. I have no friends. And I don't need a meddlesome metal head bothering me" he looked back to the water and went back into his deep thought. He sat there channeling his anger. For he was the demonic shell of his former self. Not the benevolent person he once was.
Azrael
Azrael
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:33 pm

"I have no metal bolts in my skull," replied the creature at the kitsune in the distance, "that would just impale the bone and cause harm or death. If that were the case, I would not be having a conversation with you, or with this other 'shadow', no? And my head is not metal, this device around my eye socket and nose pathways allows me to live on this planet without fear of suffocation due to your air, and to speak to you, yes. If I were metal, I would be of the Greater League of the Kryllise Legion, yes."

From the blinking, it was pretty obvious this alien took the words of the kitsune literally, and was terribly confused. "You mobians are certainly unusual, yes. Are your eyes wounded? You are all so aggressive. It is worrysome."
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:38 pm

"Not a mobian, genius." Twilight rolled his eyes. At this point, Twilight was just fiddling around with the emblem hanging around his neck. The moon half of the emblem was glowing, indicating night time. He looked up at the sky, it was slowly darkening.

He glanced over at the Kitsune. "Why you gotta be so aggressive, hey?" He tried provoking... it. It's always fun to get a rise out of anyone you can, right? He smiled a devious little smile and quickly went back to fiddling with the emblem.
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:55 am

Azrael sighed. "That's none of your business. I am what I am for a reason. And that reason you don't need to know. Now if you two are done talkin to me I would like to go back to what I was doing." He said looking back to the river closing his eyes going into a meditative state.
Azrael
Azrael
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:32 pm

"You mobians so unwilling to talk, no?" the white-skinned creature commented, observing the two with that single black eye, and the mechanical red, "we assumed mobians were sociable, and were able to talk to others. Most do not like to be alone, we have noted. More anomalies, yes, as we have met little who refuse to talk. Who show aggression, yes. No no, impossible habitat for Greater Hatcher, no. Threats, yes, too many." The two tendrils entwined once more, like an arm, and pointed towards Twilight, "That object. Around the neck. Explain, yes? We cannot identify what it is. We must know."
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:39 pm

Twilight raised an eyebrow. "Who's 'we'?" He asked back before taking his hands off of the emblem.
"This is just a little trinket I got from my home realm when I was young, I guess.." He stopped after talking just that little bit. "Tch, why do I gotta explain this stuff to you though?" Twilight turned away, he definitely wasn't going to open up to these two things.. whatever they were.
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:15 am

Azrael stood looking to them. "Look I'm not here to make friends. If I was it sure as hell wouldn't be a metal head and a shadow..." He sounded harsh but he looked like he was plagued with something. A death of a family he once had.
Azrael
Azrael
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:41 am

"We is the term for a collective species, yes," it replied, leaning forward to examine the amulet, the single viewable eye looking back and forth the little thing, squinting. Its long, white tendril poked at the amulet, watching it sway back and forth. "home realm? Tell me, yes. You mean you are alien like myself, no?" it asked, looking back up at his face before turning to the kitsune as he spoke.

"Ah, you are deaf, no? My head is not metal, no, for that again is only ranked for the Greater League Of The Kryllise Legion. Not I, no. If I were of the Greater League I would not be scouring this planet, yes?"
Number of sympathies: -1
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:50 pm

"Firstly.. Alien..? I guess. I guess so." The shadow replied, grabbing his amulet to stop it's movement.

He tried to swing the topic away from where he's from. "You talk really weirdly, you know?" Twilight turned his attention toward Azrael. "Someone's got their panties in a knot, eh?"
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:35 pm

"Please try not to piss me off. I have enough anger already." He said calming down. "Names azrael, may I ask what yours are." He looked between the two trying to make sence of the alien, the shadow he knew was possible... He never met an alien before
Azrael
Azrael
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:41 pm

"The Greater Hatcher of Our Eggs, before her passing and fall, labelled myself as That Which Wanders, yes," it replied with a nod, closing that single visable eye in deep thought, "I am a Scout of the Greater Legion of the Kryllise, one who searches planets - or more this one alone for my life cycle - to find a suitable birthing spot for the New Hatcher," it finished, opening its eyes to examine the kitsunes.

It paused just for a moment, before turning to the shadow with a sudden tilt of its head, and then quickly turned to Azrael with that same tilt in the opposite direction, "We have determined this planet as unsuitable, yes. So I must remain here until my own passing. I believe your word for it is 'stranded', no?"
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:06 pm

"Twilight." The kitsune mutters. He'd really rather not tell anyone his name but in a situation like this, what are your choices?
"And that's an.. umm, interesting story.. Eh. Wander." He directed this statement at That Which Wanders, hopeful that the nickname will catch on. "The days here are pretty boring so it kinda sucks to be stranded here."
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:10 pm

"If you came about a century ago there was action almost everywhere you looked" Az said. He looked to twilight. "Anyway, if your a shadow why do you look so physical?"
Azrael
Azrael
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:38 pm

"Many kill. Many fight. Your beliefs and ideals are your own downfall, no?" it asked yet continued, "Conflicting thoughts and emotions. They cause violence, yes? Cause anger and pain, yes? No. No it is not 'boring'. And this planet is uninhabitable, yes."

The alien shrugged, its long thick tail brushing against the grass as it stared at the rushing water. "Mobains are strange, yes. With your hibernation once a sky change ends, and your material on your bodies for sake of appearance, and your language and your environment," it shuffled awkwardly on the spot, "it is... concerning. We wonder how you have not wiped your own kind out yet, yes."
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down