Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DVNz: "Ask us anything!"

4 posters

Go down

DVNz: "Ask us anything!" Empty DVNz: "Ask us anything!"

Post by imbadwithnames Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:52 am

Well since everyone else is doing a character question thread, what the hey. It wouldn't hurt to try one out. Razz Unfortunately I don't have any icon references for my characters (yet) so I can't make it look all fancy as some of the others. But I'll try to keep it as entertaining as possible! Feel free to drop any question you wish, to whomever you wish out of the four listed below (biographies in signature): 

Jonas "Volt" the Cockatiel 
"Wassup peeps! Hit me with all you got, I'm all ear...holes."

Carefree electricity manipulator who can't control his powers without K.E.S.L.A, a set of gadgets (mainly guns) designed to limit electricity generation. Fugitive GUN test subject rescued and adopted by Alloy when he was a small child. Pizza restaurant cashier by day, trained spy and gunslinger/marksman/sharpshooter by night. A pretty happy-go-lucky, somewhat snarky little birbo that longs to see his biological parents again.

Victoria "Mirage" the Margay: 
"Can we just, like, get this over with already? I have a test I need to study for?..."
Rocker chick, magician/mentalist, high school junior, and MMA fighter by day; Volt's main combat partner by night. Has the ability to create highly convincing illusions based on sight and sound—so convincing, no one outside of DVNz knows what her power truly is. Adopted by Alloy from an orphanage, a place she still hates to this day. Can come across as a jerk, but deep down has a heart of gold. 

Rico "Overclock" the Wolverine: 
"U-u-um, h-h-hi! I'm O-ver...c..lock....P-Pleased to um, meet you all! Hehe...[nervous groan]"
Alloy's biological nephew. Loyal tech guru that plays the biggest support role in the gang. Used his powers over technology to invent K.E.S.L.A (Volt's gadget set). Pilot of K.O.N.D.U.I.T, a defense mech designed to use the abilities of all 3 other DVNz members (albeit in a limited fashion). Fairly sheltered and easily gets nervous around new people.

Oskar "Alloy" the Wolverine: 
"Hello zhere. I am ready for vhatever sie queshtions you have for us." 
Leader of DVNz. In public, known by his real name, "Oskar": a surrogate father, philanthropist, professor of Spagonia University, award-winning celebrity geneticist and biological engineer, and all-around good guy. In private, known by the alias "Alloy": a paranoid, ruthless, take-no-prisoners-mindset ex-military commander with very strong metal-bending powers. Also German.

Looking forward to hearing your questions! Very Happy
imbadwithnames
imbadwithnames

Back to top Go down

DVNz: "Ask us anything!" Empty Re: DVNz: "Ask us anything!"

Post by DeltaGear Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:14 pm

Alright, question fired at alloy.

You seem rather willing to dispose of anyone or anything at a moments notice. Have you ever flat out killed anyone due to pure paranoia by accident? Even if it was highly probable they were innocent actually good?
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by imbadwithnames Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:00 am

DeltaGear wrote:Alright, question fired at alloy.

You seem rather willing to dispose of anyone or anything at a moments notice. Have you ever flat out killed anyone due to pure paranoia by accident? Even if it was highly probable they were innocent actually good?

Alloy:
"I vould first like to preface mein answer vis zhis komment: DVNz operates on a eh, how you say, 'no-kill' policy. Zat means, unless sie situation calls for it, our main objektif is to subdue sie offender, not kill zhem. Any okurrence of sie latter vould be a komplete...'accident'. As for me personally, vell...,"
he'd pause with a low chuckle, slowing the pace of his speech, "...I can assure you of zhis: everything I do is in sie best interest of mein family...everything." 
imbadwithnames
imbadwithnames

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:37 am

@Mirage: So, we know you can create sight and sound based illusions - can you also do other senses, like smell and touch? Can you do more complex stuff, like say... an illusion of magnetism or similar tertiary effects? Plus - how well do your illusions work on non-standard minds? Robots, alien minds, animals with senses outside the standard norm? Just curious how powerful it all is!

@Alloy: Hey there! So, German ex-military eh? Begs the question - well, two questions really. Firstly, what got you to leave the military - simple retirement or something else? And on top of that, what got you to move overseas, away from Germany?
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by imbadwithnames Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:11 am

Dregan wrote:@Mirage: So, we know you can create sight and sound based illusions - can you also do other senses, like smell and touch? Can you do more complex stuff, like say... an illusion of magnetism or similar tertiary effects? Plus - how well do your illusions work on non-standard minds? Robots, alien minds, animals with senses outside the standard norm? Just curious how powerful it all is!
Mirage:
She scoffs with a slightly annoyed eye twitch. "You know, asking a magician to reveal her secrets really isn't cool...Fine, whatever. No, it's just sight and sound. Nothing else. And I don't need anything more than that. Those two senses alone are like, the most important parts of 'perception'", she says, making air quotes with her fingers. "Think about it: you walk into a dark room, all alone, and you feel something brush up against you. What's going to freak you out more—the fact that something touched you...or the fact that you cant see or hear where it came from?

As for the other part: cameras, robots, sensors, aliens or whatever, heightened senses or not—if they rely on the same type of vision as me and you, then they're just as easy to 'trick' as anybody else. Of course the same manipulation tactics might not work on a robot as it would someone with an actual brain, or maybe they like, see in infrared or something, so I'd have to adapt once I know what I'm dealing with but...

...wait, why the heck am I telling you all this anyway? That's for me to know and for you to find out the hard way, buddy."

Dregan wrote:@Alloy: Hey there! So, German ex-military eh? Begs the question - well, two questions really. Firstly, what got you to leave the military - simple retirement or something else? And on top of that, what got you to move overseas, away from Germany?
Alloy:
"Vhy, yes, I am indeed a military veteran. Unfortunately, I vas discharged on eh, how you say, 'medical leave'. I vas fairly...distrakted at sie time, and zhis kaused me to be seferely injured on sie battlefield. I had to undergo multiple surgeries, but I efentually recofered and am eh...fortunate, to be alife and still standink. After mein service, I moved to Spagonia to begin edukation at sie university zhere—sie same university I teach at today—and kontinue to reside zhere as my primary place of residence."  
imbadwithnames
imbadwithnames

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:06 pm

@Alloy: What got you to become a professor anyway? Did you feel a calling to spread your knowledge to younger generations? Orrr did it just.. sorta happen.

@Volt: How's your search for biological parents going? ..Is there any search going on, or plans for it? I assumed so from your mini-bio, but I'm not sure.
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by imbadwithnames Fri May 11, 2018 10:45 pm

Electrisa wrote:@Alloy: What got you to become a professor anyway? Did you feel a calling to spread your knowledge to younger generations? Orrr did it just.. sorta happen.

Alloy:
"Very gut kuestion. Mein eh, main motif for becomink a professor vas for sie research opportunity. Vhen I graduated vis mein eh, how you say, 'bachelor's degree', I vas fairly...limited, in mein resource to kntinue studyink sie biology field. Zherefore, I decided it vould be beneficial to kontinue mein edukation, earn mein eh, 'doctorate's' degree, and vork for sie University to take advantage of sie ekstensife library zhere. Visout it, I vould never hafe been able to write mein first thesis, let alone kontinue mein research of sie Reactor gene."

Electrisa wrote:@Volt: How's your search for biological parents going? ..Is there any search going on, or plans for it? I assumed so from your mini-bio, but I'm not sure.

Volt:
"...Uh...well it's...complicated...[sigh]...nah. I haven't started yet...I mean, I want to but...freakin' GUN. They've still got all the heat in the world on me after the whole breakout deal, let alone the vigilante stuff. And there's no tellin' how many times my folks've been questioned over it and...Look, it's....it's just too risky right now. Pops told us to break contact for a reason: 'cause trying to get back together too soon would just make things worse for both of us...and I'm not tryin' ta give 'em any more trouble than I already have, ya know?

...but that doesn't mean I won't ever start on it...and trust me, when it does, I could care less about GUN or...whoever. I'm gonna find em...no matter what."
imbadwithnames
imbadwithnames

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:48 am

Right! Seeing as most all y'all are all kinda... y'know, 'teammates', here's a question for all y'all. How well do you feel you work with the others? Do you have anyone on the team you prefer to work with? Anyone you don't?
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by imbadwithnames Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:09 am

Dregan wrote:Right! Seeing as most all y'all are all kinda... y'know, 'teammates', here's a question for all y'all. How well do you feel you work with the others? Do you have anyone on the team you prefer to work with? Anyone you don't?

Alloy, Volt, Mirage, and Overclock

"Heh, yea, I’d say we work together pretty well!...Well besides Icky. She sucks."

"Um, excuse me?? I'm the one who has to train your feathery—"

"G-Guys! C-Come on, not...i-in front of...the people..."

"What? She started it."

"Started? You were the one who just tried t—"

“A H E M.”

“...” “...” “...”

“...Better. Now, if you vould please—answer sie question.”

They all stop bickering, simultaneously responding: "...Yes, sir.”

“...Um...well I-I guess I’ll go first. Uh, yea, no I really do think we uh...all work pretty well together. 'specially when it comes t’ missions 'n' stuff. We sorta...switch modes come game time, ya know? And, heck, we've been around each other so long we kinda know each other's ins-and-outs:  strengths, weaknesses, how t’ pick up each other's slack...all that kinda stuff. So I mean, yea, we pretty much need each other out there. Each 'n’ every one of us."

"...Yea, what birdbrain said, I guess...it's like, one minute we're like, an average-looking family. And the next we're like, off in some distant part of the globe taking out some criminal meathead. It’s sorta funny —none of that really like, changes how we act around each other. I mean”—she scoffs—”I’ll be honest, we’re almost always at each others throats about something. But overall, there's still like...a general sense of respect? Being both family and combat partners. We’re kinda like, all equal in that sense. So there's nobody that I like, wouldn't? Want to work with I guess."

"...I...I just like supporting th-e others...t-that's...that's...all..."

Alloy simply nods in agreement with the 3.

"And, sie ozher question, eh...who ve prefer to vork vis, individually? Eh...hm-hm, I will need some time to answer zhis one. Eh, Volt, vould you mind answerink?”

"Heh, sure! Well... again: in this gang, we kinda all need each other. All of us. (Even Icky.) Just how the family works, ya know? But if I were to pick one guy outta all of us—heh, easy one. My main man Big O ((Overclock))! Dude's pretty much my lifeline out in the field. He's always watchin' my—well, our—backs from his cameras ‘n’ stuff at base, keepin’ us up to date on every single movement happenin’ wherever the heck we're at. Trust me, he's got some of the sharpest eyes 'n' ears on the planet, and I'd bet money on it! If it wasn't for him...man, ain't no tellin' how many holes I'd have in me right now, heh."

"Umm… If I had to pick one too, I'll sayyyyy...ugh I can't believe I'm actually gonna say this—Volt. Despite how...ugh, unbearable he can be, he...knows how to like, get the job done. We’ve been training our CQC together and like, he's improved quite a lot? Like, day by day almost. It...admittedly, makes me a bit proud of him. Plus, like, we sorta offset each other? When we’re out on a mission or something. What I lack in spatial awareness he makes up for, what he lacks in people-awareness, I make up for… So on so forth. Honestly, I...UGH why am I saying this...I...mmmmmmcouldn't....ask...for...a.....better....partnerrrrr?????"

"AWWWW ICK—" "Shut up or I'm grilling you on an open flame."

"U-uh...w...well...I...I do...n't...know if I...[nervous groan]....I...I guess if I h-had t-to p-pick a-as well, um...m...my uncle? Or, uh, w-who you know as um, A-Alloy...N-N-Not that I d-don't like working with the others! Not at all! I love w-working with them all e-equally it's...just...u-um...Well, I do a lot more u-um...behind-the-scenes stuff, if you will. S-Such as making new gear for the gang aa-nd upgrading older technology a-and...t-things like that. A-and... I’m not really...uh...o-out in the field with Volt or Mirage per se, so I-I’m um, more than likely b-back at base w-with my uncle most of...e-eh, well...all of the time. H-he’s uh...r...really helpful with coming up with ideas for a new machines a-and upgrades o-or helping me solve problems. H-his research on the Reactor gene has been a r-really uh...really big help...P-plus he, uh, k-knows how to u-um...h-handle...my...n...nervousness and…and inspire me to stay on the job...and...stuff…[awkward chuckle]...B-But y-yea! A...Alloy...heh...yea..."

"Hm. Zhis is an eh, how you say, a hard one. Em...hm--hm, mein apologies but I simply...  cannot choose. I lofe training and vorking vis all mein children equally, and I hafe lovfed doing so ever since I adopted zhem. Sure, each hafe sier eh...imperfections, but zhey all hafe grown to be vonderful, vonderful young adults, who I am fortunate to call comrades. As, eh, Mirage, said, I could not hafe asked for eh, better partners zhan zhey. Let alone a better family."
imbadwithnames
imbadwithnames

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down