Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dawn of a New Day

3 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Dawn of a New Day - Page 3 Empty Re: Dawn of a New Day

Post by RezTheFalcon Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:44 am

Xenox steps back outside following Sonic and Clash to the beach. As they walked, Xenox says,

=Mr. Clash, I did happen to take note of some other abilities that you used against that creature I wasn't able to copy. Would it be too much of a bother to ask for a demonstration of those as well when we reach the beach?=
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:21 am

After an experience in the dark, cold, depressing building, Sonic was glad to finally be in the warm breeze again.
When Xenox asked their question, Sonic just looked to Clash and shrugged.
"Eh, it's a good idea, it certainly wouldn't hurt. Gizoids learn by watching others, from my experience."
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

http://pyrode.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:47 pm

Clash thought about it for a little bit, before shrugging and saying:

"Well, sure? I doubt you'd be able to copy that much though, what you probably tried to copy was soul energy stuff, and I don't know if you can do that."

Clash then realized that he hadn't given his new friends the ability to see his spirits, but there wouldn't be any need... Right?

Sonic has fought his own share of dark spirits and reportedly normal ones too, and his powers probably wouldn't be able to give Xenox the ability to see them due to... well... being a robot.

Speaking of, his dad would be ecstatic to meet a gizoid, shame he wasn't here...
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:26 am

After Clash said that Xenox would probably not be able to copy some of his skills, the gizoid responded with,

=I was designed to copy weapons and abilities. So if you have any skills I would not be able to replicate, I would be very surprised. It is possible that I was focused on the creature too much to copy the ability fully. I guess we will find out soon then, won't we?=

Xenox was curious though about Clash's reasoning as to why he wasn't able to copy his skills.

-I am intrigued to find out what this, soul energy is. I will investigate this further once I can see what Mr. Clash is talking about.-
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:07 am

Hm. Soul energy.
Sounds interesting.
"Well, I mean, I've seen Gizoids do lots of crazy stuff. They're so advanced that one time Tails tried hooking one up to a GUN-owned computer, and the computer got fried! If they can't perfectly copy it, they'll at least be able to mimic it."
Sonic was still kind and doing his best to help - he was never fit to be a teacher-type. Despite still only being a teen, he's had so many adventures that he's experienced beyond his years and would be a perfect mentor if he weren't so brash and impatient. Even now, though he tried not to show it, he was waiting for Clash to do something so they could move on and he could teach the spindash.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:13 pm

Clash was about to explain soul energy due to the slight interest that was shown, but he had also noticed the growing impatience Sonic was starting to express.

"Oh, sorry, we should start with the training shouldn't we?"

Clash stretched himself out before jumping into the air and spinning really quickly, when he landed, he rolled at a high speed for a few feet down the beach before he stopped himself.
When he came back, Clash says:

"As you can see, I can preform the drop dash just fine, but something about spinning up on the ground I just can't get the hang of."

"So, how do you go about it Mr. Sonic?"
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:17 pm

-COPYING BATTLE DATA-

-BATTLE SCAN COMPLETE: DROP DASH-

Xenox then proceeded to copy Clash's movement and jump into the air before landing on the sand and rolling quickly down the beach, sand flying up and away from where they rolled.

=Ok. I believe it is your turn to demonstrate, Mr. Sonic= Xenox said as they dusted a bit of sand off their shoulder.
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:51 am

He could drop dash, but can't spin dash? A little confused, he wasn't sure where to go from there. He only had two ideas for it, but he was willing to try anything to help.
The Gizoid shows off it's newly learned technique, kicking up sand into Sonic's face in the process, which he then had to wipe off his face.

After a bit, he decides to just try something. "Alright- well, I'm not much of a teacher. I figured out the drop dash after the spin dash, and for me it was just... the same thing - spinning really fast, whether in the air or on the ground." He explains, before he began crouching down. "I guess, just watch what I do, and try and mimic that. I'll try and explain as I do it. First, you do what's natural - we're hedgehogs, so roll up!" Sonic was curled up into a ball as much as his Mobian anatomy would allow, whike holding the back of his head, fingers interlocking his quills.
"Then- uh..." Oh no, he had to think about it. "Then you just kinda start rolling in place."
All of a sudden, Sonic was revving up, sand and dust blowing out from behind him. But what did he do to make that start happening? Did he kick his feet or something? It was so sudden...
It looked physically impossible, how was he rolling without moving anywhere? And how does he start moving? Then again, how does one drop dash - with no extra energy put in the system, how would you start spinning fast enough to blast off upon touching the ground?
...maybe it really is the same principle and Clash never figured that out?

Or maybe, just maybe, Sonic's a bad teacher.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:21 am

Clash stared at Sonic attempting to describe the spin-dash to him, this wasn't so great like he had thought...

With a sorry look on his face he was about to tell Sonic to forget about it, but then he hears a voice in the back of his mind.
"Oi, Clash, look at him." "He's thinkin' too hard, that's what you were doing last time Slash tried to teach you right?"

The voice was quiet, as if it was whispering, but it wasn't Clash, as was soon proven by him responding.

"But when I-" "No, you're right, I am thinking too hard, I just... I just gotta do it!"

Clash grunted before quickly rolling into a ball and revving up, occasionally slowing down, but ultimately charging up regardless.
Soon afterwards, he blasts off down the beach, he would be cheering if he didn't want to make sure sand got into his mouth.
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:07 am

Xenox observed the two hedgehogs as they spun in place on the ground. Then watched as Clash launched down the beach.

=COPYING BATTLE DATA-

=BATTLE SCAN COMPLETE: SPIN DASH-

The gizoid then copied the move perfectly, following the trail left in the sand. After they got up, Xenox said,

=I am curious Mr. Sonic. How did you learn to do the spin dash? The ability seems to defy the laws of physics. Seeing as you are touching the ground, yet you are still able to spin in place.=
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:32 am

After he heard Xenox and Clash rev up, Sonic jumped and landed on his feet, facing the two. He knew Xenox could do it, he was literally designed to copy whatever he sees, but Clash being able to pull it off was so cool.

"Awesome job, Clash! I knew you could do it!" Generic, but fitting. What else was there to say? He did seem genuinely happy for them.
He then turned to Xenox, who had asked him a question.
"'It defies the law of physics'? Really, I had no clue. Guess it's normal for blue hedgehogs to run at the speed of sound like I do, but spinning in place? Nah, that makes no sense!" He snarks, not meaning any harm, but finding the question amusing. "Uh, seriously though, I have no clue. I remember when I first did it, and it was a complete accident too! It was when I was heading to Never Lake to relsx and see the Little Planet event... only to see it chained down." He explained the best he could to his memory.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:29 pm

Clash finally ran out of spin and ran back to Sonic and Xenox, looking proud of himself as, well, he finally did a spindash without falling on his face!

Though, he didn't get to hear the topic of Little Planet, so he just says something.

"Thanks again for helping me out here Mr. Sonic, really."
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:45 pm

Xenox turned over to Clash and said,

=Congratulations on learning a new ability Mr. Clash.=

Xenox walked over to Sonic and asked,

=What is this, Little Planet event? I seem to not have any recollection of it in my memory banks.=
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:09 am

Sonic smiles at Clash and gives a slight nod. "Don't mention it Clash, I'm glad to help!"
Then Xenox asks him about Little Planet, which pulls his attention away.

"O- oh, uh- Little Planet is to my understanding like- it's kinda like a miniature Mobius, though I think whatever race that was living there was long gone." He started explaining, thinking about how weird it was that Little Planet seemed so barren aside from plant life and maybe a few... were there feral animals there...?
"But yeah- every year, Little Planet seems to magically teleport to our little blue marble and acts like a second moon for a month until it disappears for another year - you can best see it at Never Lake."
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:13 am

"That sounds pretty neat!" Clash said in response to Sonic's description of Little Planet.

Meanwhile, in the same area but away from the main crew, another brown hedgehog arrives, along with what looked to be a robotic replica of himself.
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:06 pm

=Interesting. I will remember to visit Never Lake next time this takes place.=

Xenox then turned to Clash and said,

=Now. If it would not be any trouble, would you care to demonstrate some of your... soul magic you called it?=
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:08 am

Sonic hadn't quite noticed the new people yet, and merely parroted what Xenox said.
"Yeah! Let's see your 'Soul Magic', sounds pretty cool!"
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:09 am

Clash looked shocked, he was not expecting for them to ask to see his spiritual powers, but it wouldn't hurt to show them, they were kind enough to help him with the spindash after all!

"R-Really?" "Well, uh, okay then!"

Clash pointed at his bracelets and then his wristbands

"These are my soul anchors, they allow my other two souls to stay bound to me, and I can allow them control to utilize their powers by taking a set off, I did it earlier while we were fighting that thing."

"Other than that though, I can put some spiritual energy in my Chaos attacks to give them more 'oomph' and possibly another attribute to make them more effective." "I think I did that earlier too."

Clash then clenches his fist, bringing it up to his chest while looking at it.

"I'm also working on a new move that solely relies on the stuff, but I haven't quite gotten it down yet." "You want to see it?"
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:21 am

Xenox was very intrigued to learn more about Clash's abilities. Though no one else knew that because of the gizoid's limited emotional capabilities.

As Clash explained how his magic worked, two light beams emitted from Xenox's eyes to scan the soul anchors.

-SOUL ANCHORS ADDED TO MEMORY BANKS-

The lights receded back, then Xenox said,

=A move that uses only spirit power? I would very much enjoy a demonstration.=
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:19 pm

Sonic was pretty curious, but given the power of the soul, he understood why he wouldn't have just showed them, rather than explaining it.

"Wow, that sounds pretty intense! The idea of letting a ghost or something like that control you... what was is like your first time?"
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:17 am

"It was weird! I gotta say, a little dangerous too, who knows what they'd do if things got out of hand." "But luckily, we learned to trust each other."

Clash, while he was saying that, focused his spiritual energy into his fist, eventually making it glow a light purple.

"About that attack though, you wouldn't mind being the one tested on, would you Mr. Sonic?"
"Probably wouldn't work on Xenox, and shouldn't try it on myself 'till I get a better grasp on it."
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:48 pm

While Clash readied the ability, Xenox stepped back to get a better view of both hedgehogs. 

-COPYING BATTLE DATA-
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:39 am

It sounded pretty dangerous, but it couldn't have been that bad if Clash was willing to try it on someone else anyways. He nust gives a light shrug and says "Alright, I don't mind." before standing ready for whatever comes their way.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:12 pm

Clash drove his fist into Sonic's chest, causing both he and Sonic to freeze in place as the attack was completed.

Clash had now ended up inside of Sonic's soul, and what a strong soul it was, it did belong to the hero of Mobius after all. He then waits until the effect of his attack wears off, which would allow both he and Sonic to regain control of their bodies.

As for Xenox's battle data, while he does gain data on the attack and knows what it does and how it works, he is incapable of using it due to the fact that he does not have a soul.

"Phew!" "What just happened is that I... Injected myself into your soul, and because my body didn't have a soul and yours suddenly had a bunch, we couldn't move while doing that."

"Though uh, only lasts a couple of seconds, can't do much in that time, hehe."
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:22 pm

-BATTLE SCAN COMPLETE: SOUL FREEZE-

-ERROR: SKILL NOT COMPATIBLE-

=Hmm... This is... Peculiar. This is the first ability that I have not been able to properly replicate. It must be due to me being a synthetic being, and I not having a, what you called it Clash, "soul."=

He walked over to Clash and have him a pat on the back as he said,

=Congratulations Clash for being the first person I cannot copy.=
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next