Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dawn of a New Day

3 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Dawn of a New Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawn of a New Day

Post by KingOfGames Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:39 pm

Unlike the normal version of Chaos Barrier, this "Counter Barrier" wasn't translucent, so Clash couldn't see what was going on, and for whatever reason, he felt to need to put so much effort into it that he had to close his eyes.

Eventually, the barrier faded and Clash got back in his fighting stance, eyes still closed.
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:08 pm

Being an android, with limited capabilities of emotion, the gizoid felt no ill effects from the mental attack. 

=Brown hedgehog. I advise you to keep your eyes closed if possible. I am getting a very strange scan from the monster after the room started strobing.= The gizoid said.

The gizoid then lifted a hand into the air. A large, silver colored broadsword had appeared. The gizoid grabbed the hilt, and then attempted to swing for the nightmare's head.
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:58 pm

Clash was back in action, and the gizoid and Sonic were on the attack!
The gizoid swings for the creature's neck, but it proceeds to grab the blade with one of his clawed paws, and roars at the robot.
Before it could slash with one of his five other claws though, Sonic called out.
"[color=#0000FF]Ready... GO!"
And launches into the beast instantly, slamming it through the blade and into some boxes. Its paw was mangled, torn to shreds, but it still got up.
Sonic's light-based attack seemed to do a lot - in fact, the purple darkness that coated its oily, black body had dissipated.
Keep it up, it's backed in a corner!
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

http://pyrode.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:54 pm

"Light..." "Carter, I hope you were able to figure that out!"

Clash puts his bracelets back on and takes the anklets off, his aura now blue.
He charges up his chaos energy in his hand but also puts his spiritual energy into it as well, the attack changing from blue to white.

"Please work... Chaos Spear!"
Safe to say, this isn't an ordinary set of Chaos Spears that's coming its way.
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:40 am

The gizoid took note of the creature being susceptible to light-based attacks.

-SEARCHING DATABANKS-

-LIGHT-BASED ATTACKS: NONE-

=It seems I have not copied any attacks that are useful at the moment.= The gizoid announced. =And I was not able to scan your previous attack, blue hedgehog. I am afraid I have little use in this fight.=
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:12 am

The nightmare was in trouble, not that with its animalistic madness it really gave a damn. It took the shots like a champ and screeched, more bare spots in the smoke forming.

Sonic looks to the Gizoid, then to the creature's hand. Putting two and two together, he turned back to the Gizoid.
"I think, maybe, you can still attack it. Aim for the spots not shrouded in darkness. See the damage you did to its hand? My light caused the dark smoke to disappear from it!"
Sonic himself didn't know how to attack it, since his only light-based attack took too long to charge.
The Nightmare wasn't having any of that though!
It lunges at Clash again, this time trying to tackle him.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:12 am

While the Gizoid was talking, Clash got a crystal cyan ring out of his pocket and threw it towards the beast.
It didn't explicitly hit him though instead whizzing around the room as a small orb of light.

It eventually landed in front of Clash, who, similarly to Sonic's light dash, whizzed across the room as a cyan ball of light, bashing into the creature multiple times before returning to where the ring was.
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:29 am

The gizoid nodded to the blue hedgehog's response and then said,

=I can see now that some areas of the creature look damaged.= 

He then saw the other hedgehog throw a ring through the air. The gizoid watched carefully.

-COPYING BATTLE DATA-

The hedgehog spiraled around the creature, hitting it multiple times before returning to his previous position.

-BATTLE SCAN COMPLETE: LIGHT-SPEED DASH-

-That might be useful later, but I calculate that the hedgehogs can handle the light-based attacks for now.- The gizoid thought to itself.

The silver android released the broadsword from its grip, and it disappeared in a small flash of light. They then transformed both their hands into the clawed paws from previously, and rushed to attack the creature where the exposed areas of it's shadowy skin were.

Last edited by RezTheFalcon on Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I can't spell. X/)
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:09 am

The Nightmare was once again slammed into the boxes, before letting out a blood curdling screech upon getting slashed by the gizoid's attacks.

It seemed mostly done for, and slowly the creature began to dissolve into black dust.

Sonic gives a sigh of relief, before chuckling.
"That wasn't so tough! You guys did a good job, thanks for the help."
Sonic steps over to the dust, picking some of it up.
"I know I heard someone crying... do you think they are still up here?"
Clash didn't sense anyone else up there... so there was a likelihood that the Nightmare somehow faked it. None of them knew a lot about this creature, who knew what it was capable of. But why would it attract attention to itself?
Is it worth looking for the kid?
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:54 pm

Clash sighed as he put his anklets back on, becoming his normal self again.

"Judging by the demonic nature it exuded, it's not hard to believe that it somehow faked crying and perhaps even a life signature."

"That being said, it wouldn't hurt to check for a... corpse in case someone was actually up here."

Clash then looked towards Sonic, remembering that he had used the spin dash to charge his light dash attack, the spin dash was something that eluded Clash for the longest time, perhaps he'd be able to teach him? Wouldn't hurt to ask.

"And, Mr. Sonic, if you don't mind after we're done here, could you teach me how to use the Spin Dash?" "I had an idea, but I wouldn't be able to do it unless I knew how, if it won't be much trouble."
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:31 pm

The gizoid, now seeing the creature turn to dust, transformed their hand back to normal. 

=I believe I have not formally introduced myself due to the... "complications" of the situation.= The gizoid announced.

They put their right fist up to where a heart normally would be and said,

=I am Xenox. Warrior gizoid of the once great Nocturnus Clan of echidnas. What do you two hedgehogs go by?=
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:08 am

The idea of finding a young child's corpse wasn't too pleasant, but sometimes a hero had to face some horrible things to get the job done - if a child was dead up here, it'd be wrong not to check.
Sonic was about ready to go look, when the others spoke up.
Sonic addressed the Gizoid first, mainly cause they apparently hadn't caught his name.
"Nice to meet you, Xenox! I'm Sonic," he gives a thumbs up close to his chest and a big grin across his muzzle, "Sonic the Hedgehog!"
He then relaxes his posture again before turning to Clash. "And sure, I don't mind teaching you I guess, no problem! So, uh, what's your name anyway?"

Sonic swears he's heard of the Nocturnus Clan before, but he wasn't quite sure why. It made him feel a little uneasy, but Xenox didn't seem so bad.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:27 am

Clash smiled at Sonic for doing that superhero thing, always nice to see in person, but then he was let known that he hadn't even said his name yet.

"Oh! I'm sorry Mr. Sonic, was a bit too caught up in the fight I guess." "My name is Clash Kopis, it's nice to meet you both."

Clash was happy that someone was willing to teach him the spindash, and coming from the person who (possibly) made the thing, it was a honor.
There was still a corpse to possibly be found however, so Clash started looking.
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:58 am

=It is a pleasure to meet both of you.= Xenox said. 

=If there is a missing child, or any age of person in this building besides the three of us, I am certain that we can find them. With my scanners, along with your speed capabilities Mr. Sonic, I will begin searching the layout of this building for any other signs of life.=

Xenox then sped off, scanning everywhere that was visible to them.
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:58 am

"Clash? Cool name!" Sonic says, before getting ready to search. He felt like asking Clash to stop calling him mister, cause it did feel weird.
But there were certainly more important things. The three went their separate ways, looking for the kid.

Last edited by ThePromiseIncarnate on Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Is this better?)
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:35 am

Clash nods with a smile before doing what he can, running through the building, constantly having "Carter" divine everything to search for life, recently snuffed out or, preferably, alive.

While, his other spirit tries to figure out, being a demon himself, what kind of demon could that have been?
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:38 am

Xenox whizzed around the building, scanning everything, and everywhere. Inside boxes, underneath tables, under rubble caused by the creature. To no avail, all the scans pulled up negative. Xenox announced to the group,

=No life signs yet. I will continue searching until we find something of importance.=

The silver android then continued their search for the source of the crying heard earlier.
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:52 am

Sonic moved around as fast as he could without doing damage to the surrounding area. He swore he heard it again, yet with his speed he'd looked all over the maze of boxes but to no avail...

"Have you guys found anyone yet?"
Xenox replies negative.
"I guess... no one was here after all. But if we destroyed the monster, what was creating that noise?" He mumbles to himself.
It sounded like a... young Spagonian(aka British in this context) boy. Or girl? Hard to tell.
He sighs, shrugs, and rushes to the space where they all entered.
"I don't think anyone's here, I think we should leave. Meet me at the trap door, okay guys?"
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:28 am

"Yeah, I guess nobody's there."

Clash runs back over to the trap door, kind of worried that it might have really emulated a scream.

"Wonder if Dad would know anything..."
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:21 pm

=Ok. I have not found anything either. I hate to say this, but I believe Mr. Sonic is correct. There doesn't seem to be anyone else here.=

Xenox came back to the trapdoor, meeting the other two there.

=It is likely to assume now that whatever that monster was, was responsible for the sounds of distress we heard.=
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:22 pm

The three were back at the trap door, all with the same conclusion as to what the scream was.
The monster had been beaten, but Sonic didn't quite feel so satisfied.
It'd been a while since Sonic had seen his friends, and he didn't quite feel okay with dragging these new people into the fray. He didn't have anyone to help him learn about this monster.

"Well, that was a bust," he says while shrugging, "sorry to get you guys involved. At least the monster was dealt with, I guess... but I've got a guess that this isn't the last time I'll see one."
He turns to face Clash.
"So, you said you want to learn the spindash? Maybe Xenox could come along, too, if they want. Not sure if they oicked up on the technique during the fight." Sonic started down the stairs a bit while waiting for an answer, no need to just stand around!

Last edited by ThePromiseIncarnate on Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I put a $ instead of a #, whoops)
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:56 pm

Clash got a determined smile on his face, maybe he could finally figure it out! While he was worried about seeing the monster again, this would help.

"Yes! Once again, thank you for doing this!"

Clash follows close behind Sonic with visible excitement.
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:27 pm

=I will take up the chance to learn a new technique or power any time. So yes. I will accept your offer Mr. Sonic.=

As Xenox stepped down through the trapdoor, they looked back to the pile of dust that once was the creature.

-I wonder what that organism was that there was no data on it in my databanks.- The gizoid thought as they followed the two hedgehogs down the steps.
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:01 pm

"Alright then, meet me at the beach then!" he tells the others, already rejuvenated, ready to have some fun as well as ready to teach one of his signature techniques to some new friends.
Sonic heads out the building with a smile, looking back at the others to make sure they're coming. The building was still cool, but that was fixed as he opens the door, letting a warm breeze and sunlight in.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:37 pm

Clash runs after Sonic, keeping up well enough to follow him towards the beach. If he manages to get the hang of the technique, then a whole new door of possible techniques he could use could be opened!

And with all three of them being able to use the spindash, Clash was already thinking of strategies against more of those demons.

Yeah, this was going to be great!
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next