Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Count down to terror

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Count down to terror Empty Count down to terror

Post by Shrike Marine Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:55 pm

( Had too delete previous Rp due too jumping the gun with the story.) 

-Depression, dread, panic and fear, the symptoms you would feel when he would be close by, 2 months had passed and the infamous dark figure had gone virtually un challenged as he had spread his rein of terror and destruction across where ever you set foot, A lot of civilians had come too know the warning signs of him being in the general area for the strong psi energy that would be coming off of him, any one in a 1 km radius would begin too feel the effects of the noted symptoms, while this did not effect every one and in that order it did too a large percentage communication devices would pick up severe static interference as well.

Local authorities had been unable too contain him as after he had struck a location and caused damage too both property and personal he would with out a trace be gone and so would the strange psi energy. 

Again and again he would strike sending areas in pandemonium and fear, but this was not just senseless fun of sowing destruction, he was after something, that no one could figure out, those fortunate enough too escape from him spoke of the fact the being was looking for objects relating too "Sphere's" of unknown origin. 

As time had gone on the number and severity of the strikes had increased, with no one being able too track down and take him out, some local news stations even warned civilians if they begin too feel the symptoms they should seek shelter and a place too hide until it has passed. 

The truth behind the matter was this figure was indeed looking for objects that did reside on the planet, artifacts from another dimension, powerful in there own right, yet what for, that was the greater scheme of things that no one was aware about. 
Unlike the typical evil or bad guy motive this dark and twisted fellow played more on the fears and minds of those around him, direct combat was only used if resistance was stronger then expected, when force was used no being so far has been able too defeat him. Those who surrendered or captured faced almost certain death later on, only a handful being able too escape. 

Outlaying towns were the most common hit, with even more isolated places being the worst  effected, larger places such as Station Square main or Central city had not been effected as of yet. That was all about too change. 

At exactly 10:30pm small little suburbs around Station Square began too report civilians feeling distinct panic and depression, this seemed too fade in and out along with communication systems being effected by the signal. Some returned home too do as they were told and black out the town in hopes of him missing it out right, others try too play hero and pretend it did not effect them or were scared by this psi effect. The horrid truth was...he was in the area and heading straight for for it.

Despite the black out taking place it had come a little too late as this infamous figure had seen the lights before they were shut off, having no opposition at all he had no reason too be careful, he could do as he pleased, and now it looked like he had just found a new place too unleash his terror among it, his ominous glow lighting up a small radius around him, his quest too find the sphere's driving him closer. The burning blue eyes of a twisted individual with a never subsiding urge for terror yet despite this there was always a tug between two sides of him, one between the evil side and one of his former self.

Destination arrival exactly 500 meters till the town he stood, pondering, he would look at the suburb before him for moments on end, glancing a single time over his shoulder. Lifting his arm too clench his hand into a fist before moving in, did he have any private thoughts about it?..Perhaps but not a word was said.-

Last edited by Shrike Marine on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Count down to terror Empty Re: Count down to terror

Post by Dogy9978 Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:10 pm

Liela and lillith we're in a nearby town. "Master, trust me when I say we shouldn't be dwelling near here... This energy is of something that should not be messed with..."
"I know but.. what it's the things we fought last time? What if they cane back?"
"Trust me....this is nothing like that..." Lillith replied. She was practically dragged here.
"Whatever this thing is, I'm sure we can take it... You and I both have abilities that can help fight.." liela was trying to convince lillith the best way she could.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:43 pm

-The symptoms increased further the closer he got too the area, lights that lit the place began too flicker as the psi energy aura lingered in the area, civilians were terrified,not knowing if the black out had done its job. 

Unclear if either of them knew who he was, they were going too any way. Some of the street lights blew out completely with pops and shattered glass..he was here.

The figure enters down the first alleyway, the blue glow casting his shadow across the side of the walk way as he made his way down it, stopping ever so often too see if he could find some poor unsuspecting victim too interrogate. 

"Come out come out where ever you are....There is no point in hiding...gonna find you sooner or later hmh."

-He said with a sadistic echo like tone, pausing too scan his left and his right, knowing full well this place was filled with personal..he was wanting his psychological prowess too make them panic and submit, all he really had too do was remain in the area..and just time it self would be his alley.

He however picked up a aura of something else..something familiar in the general area, what he was picking up on was Lilith's energy.-

"Well...there is some one you don't see every day....I can sense you want too run..too bad you not gonna be able..I think I'll start with you first."

-He began too wander towards their general direction, each step leaving a small blue energy mist that would quickly evaporate, as he would hum a evil like tone along the way.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:37 pm

Lillith got only a slight chill. That was enough for her to turn into ink and hide. Liela sighed until she too felt the chill but it was more intense for her. She felt scared... But she wasn't scared at all. She looked around, walking to lillith's ink puddle. "Lillith stop being so scared. What happened to that tough monster that took down that whole gang in the rain?"
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:59 pm

-He knew exactly where they were, instead of direction confrontation right off the go he decided too mess with them mentally, whether it would be generating noise in a location where nothing existed, false shadows or simply voices in their minds, his ultimate goal was too break them, moving in too finish them off or perhaps get some answers, he was too unpredictable too figure out his motives. 

"Well now, I'm not sure what too really say here, either you are extremely brave..or you have the mental capability of a brick....hmmm...it's been a long time since we last met...so much has changed...I didn't think I would find you...luck is on my side I guess...before I...sweep you aside like a fat ball of dust....I am wanting answers...where are they...."

-Watching them from a vantage point he would be able too see Lilith was indeed panicking...perfect, his psychological impact was working all to well, now he just had too wait till one broke and spilled any information about what he wanted.-

"I got all the time in the world...unfortunately you do not, You can run and hide if you like Lilith..but I will find you..hmh." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:32 pm

"It's different when the thing you're fighting isn't a mortal." Lillith replied to liela before hearing his voice. Lillith formed back to her body and looked around. She was trying to ignore as she forcefully grabbed liela and was dragging her away. "We h-have to go! Right n-n-now!!!" Liela sighed more. "Lillith we can't just back out! If this threat continues, more people will get hurt!"
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:06 pm

-Strife was enjoying this far too much, while he was twisted and evil he held many former features of his before corrupted self, memories, personality traits and possibly even more, he knew very well of all the times she tried prove she could beat him, or all the accounts of her disliking him.

The situation was far different this time, tables had turned and he was now having his go upon her.

Eventually deciding that he had installed enough fear into the local area including Lilith it was time for him too emerge from the shadows and finally confront the two, face too face. 

Directly ahead the blue glow grew in size and brightness until at last, exiting from the closed space alley way, the figure emerged walked directly towards them, his eyes burning blue, arcane energy crackling around his forearm armor, clothing of a striking blue nature. The armor extremely familiar but subjected too extreme warped attributes. 

He would come too a halt 10 meters away from them, moments would pass as the figure would just stand there staring both of them down, I guess in the back of his mind he knew the truth of what was going too happen. He would finally opened up, his voice familiar but with a hint of darkness and echo following it out.- 

"Well well well, looks like we meet again...It's  been a long time huh...didn't think we would cross paths ? Lilith sure looks terrified...yea that is for all the times in the past you little purple fuzz ball..I remember!

You don't recognize me do you, like the new look ? goes so well with what I do....cause I am gonna burn this place too the ground once I am done.....but before I do....I am looking for something....the spheres..and I got a feeling one of you know where I can...find them." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:46 pm

Liela did enough force you to get her out of being dragged. Liela got into a defensive position looking at strife.
"So this is what you look like...I honestly expected better..."
Liela didn't sound like the shy mobian shrike might of known in the past. She had changed. Lillith was behind her being the shy one. It was a strange opposite from the past.
"You sound familiar and you seem to know us....I don't really remember a psychopath with pathetic blue powers"
Her body was feeling the far that was being almost injected into he but she stayed strong.
"You're not getting anything out of me!"
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:47 pm

-Neither offended or anger by her remarks, they meant little if any thing too him at this point, tho he did find it amusing and interesting too finally see some one stand up too him, instead of run in fear as others have always done.- 

"Hey I didn't ask too look like this, just part of what was bestowed upon me, gotta roll with it one way or another, sure get's the job done of sending others in panic at first sight....tho I would of liked green more...green is my favorite color."

-Dropping a small hint in that remark, keeping close tabs on Lilith, not that he cared tho last thing he wanted was he running off, he had some sweet revenge in mind for her later. Strife could see a change in Liela, before when he knew her, before the corruption she was indeed shy, reluctant too fight and not as tough sounding as she appeared too be.-

"Well, you certainly have changed..at least in your attitude, I remember the good old shy you..rather not wanting too fight..avoiding conflict...not a inch of toughness...yea I know...I remember back when I came across you at the burned out village...remember now?

-Perhaps all this memory speaking would possibly make her realize just who was in front of her..or was it simply she knew but no longer cared about that.- 

"I am shocked you still haven't figured it out...some times I feel like I have too explain a god damn dictionary worth for you guys too put the picture together...regardless...I know you at least have come into contact with one of the spheres...why cause I saw you near it...Tell me where it is!...or I am gonna blast you and your little purple ink blob there into the next dimension!" 

-As his anger started too escalate the energy seemed too become brighter, bluff or not he was dangerous enough too be the truth.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:17 pm

Liela was glaring at Strife. She wasn't backing out but then she finally put two and two together as she backed up.
"S-strike? What...what have you become...?"
Liela was shook. She always thought strike would never end up an evil spirit if he ever died.
"Shrike who did this to you!"
Liela was avoiding the question of the spheres once again. She was more concerned on what happened to her old friend who she owes her life for.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:32 pm

-Seemed like the hints finally hit home, all he really had too do was mention a few and let the the rest figure out who he really was, however that moment had passed, he had finally tracked some one down too the location of at least one of the spheres.-

"Looks like the penny finally dropped..congratulations Liela you figured it out...now I see you have a sudden change in nature huh...and here I thought you would of liked the new me...shame...your good friends from Cydonia...the dark ones as you and I refer too them as, mindless creatures who soul drive is violent and destruction.

Now I am gonna ask again..I don't like repeating myself but I will for one last time. Where is the sphere you encountered!"

-Too perhaps add more fear and sense of dread in an attempt too break her spirit and give him the information he wanted, Strife began too close the distance towards her, step by step the warped individual approached.- 

"Oh and by the way..no one calls me that any more..call me...Strife." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:07 pm

"You're not getting a word out of me... Strike..."
Liela said backing up as he came closer.
"You'll never get the answers you want! Not out of me."
Lillith nudged liela.
"But he could if he corrupted you. "
Lillith whispered to liela.
"Don't let him get too close or he might take you and make you talk."
Lillith whispered some more.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:31 pm

-Strife edged closer and closer, if she was not willing too talk he had but two other options too get the intel he wanted, begin too tear this place apart or better yet attempt too corrupt her and force the information out another way. Lilith may attempt too intervene but if she would even dare Strife would not hesitate too deal with her. 

"You are starting too piss me off..I tried the easy way with you..but it seems I am gonna have too take it by force...so here are your options..choose wisely.

I can burn this entire place too the floor and every one along with it, perhaps then you will talk or I can do it the painful way...and corrupt you into telling me it's location....

-He emanated a sadistic laugh for he had already concluded what he wanted too really do..corrupt her and use her. The tall figure continued towards her, every step his psi energy only spreading deeper, extended his arm in order too grab hers so the dark arcane energy may begin too take effect.- 

"You seem reluctant too even fight me, why is that..why has no one even bothered too try, are you scared..are you fearful...or are you too much of a wuss too even put up a fight...If so..you gonna need more friends if you wanna stand a chance in hell of stopping me." 

-Strife was now with in a mere 2 meters of her, his burning aura and evil twisted self all before her, now was the time too see what she was going too do, fight or flight time.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:28 pm

Liela stood her ground.
"W-Why don't we just talk about something e-else...? Nobody has to get their house w-wrecked. I'm no wuss... just... you're my ffriend... remember? There is strength in restraint."
The dark energy started having it's effect on her as Liela shivered more. Before the corruption could take much of any hold, lillith went infront of liela and hissed at shrife. Lillith's small energy suddenly becoming something far more threatening. Lillith wasn't going to let anyone corrupt her master.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:42 pm

-Strife was wanting too corrupt her for multiple of reasons, information one another was the possible use of her as a alley, if he could bend her too his will he would be able to use her power along side his too cause destruction and panic.

Indeed it seemed his psi energy aura was taking minimal effects upon her. The corruption process was beginning and it would not be long till it would convert her.

Unfortunately it did not seem like this was the final outcome, a certain little purple cat finally got the guts too intervene putting herself between him and Liela creating a barrier too which the energy could not seem too corrupt her, maybe interrupted by Lilith's.

Strife retracted his arm back onto his side, turning his attention too Lilith.- 

"Well well well look who finally got the guts too stand up instead of hiding in fear. Come on Lilith thought you were all about causing chaos and panic, you seem too enjoy it upon others..especially me, I remember all those times like it was yesterday..tho things have changed now...perhaps I can offer you the same...or I can just reduce you too a pile of ash right here and now. 

My patience is about too run out and when that happens..I will burn this all too the ground and you along with it !"

-Strife's sudden spurt of anger and aggression meant maybe he was going too switch too more dramatic solutions, backing up slight before the two and bringing form his weapon, no it was not his own rifle, he had lost that some time ago, this was a fully functional high rate of fire plasma rifle, more then capable of reducing targets too dust.- 

"Well you two, looks like option two is in effect...time too burn it all down to the ground."

-With that Strife began too indiscriminately fire upon buildings and houses, setting fire too them as the burning plasma struck upon impact, turning the weapon and his attention back too them.- 

"End of the line for you two!" 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:49 pm

"As much as I love what you're doing shrife... I will not disobey my Master's will and if she doesn't want chaos to spread then I don't want it to spread!"
Lillith hissed out not much caring for the houses now being burned as she didn't lose eye contact. Liela in the other hand freaked out not wanting more houses on fire. She threw energy at shrife's rifle.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:00 pm

-Letting the burning buildings and and fire surge through the area as a testament too chaos and his burning desire too spread destruction and terror through out mobius, it did seem now finally the two were going too collide into each other in one epic fight, He had never fought her but knew her powers, well at least what he had seen before hand. 

Before Strife could fire his weapon upon the two it seemed like Liela struct first sending beams of high output energy hurling towards him, yet strangely he did not seem too attempt too avoid the incoming blast at it.

Then impact! the beam smashed into his center with a serve force, the impact generating a blast followed by smoke of debris, as the smoke cleared probably too both their shock he stood basically untouched by the impact, her beam tho making impact with him, did not hit him directly it had had a thin psi energy barrier that faintly swept over his body, this shield like power had absorbed the impact full hold dispensing the energy around him.-

"That was most certainly a good display of power, much like I remember before...just think of what you can use it for Liela.... all your enemies could be swept aside by it...unfortunately for me...I think you gonna need too find something else if you have any hopes in killing me...but its good too see you willing too try it any way...now it's my turn. I am gonna sweep you two aside like a fat ball of dust."

-Strife unleashed multiple shots of highly concentrated heated spheres of plasma energy from the weapon in their general direction, some heading directly for them, others missing left and right, exploding violently behind.- 

" I think you gonna need more allies you two!" 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:09 pm

Liela's jaw dropped. He took a direct hit from one of her beans and nothing? Liela knew she was holding back but still. He should of at least of knocked to the floor. She didn't have time to think about it as shrife shot at her. Liela wasn't good at dodging but she tried her best. Sadly the expolsions being caused made liela distracted enough for one of the bullets to hut her side. Lillith was heading to strife with her whip.
"Even when gifted with such dark powers you still use those dumb guns..."
Lillith spit out.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:20 pm

-The psi energy field had dispersed the energy around him from the impact, tho it was unclear if it was capable of doing this multiple times or eventually if it could be worn down, however this meant that direct heavy attacks that needed time would be mostly ineffective against him, tho if it was not for the shield, the blast could of very well ended him there on the spot.

Seems out of his inaccurate fire one projectile seemed too have harmed her, a step closer too wiping his former alley off the planet, spurred on by the moment Strife would continue too focus upon Liela firing sphere after sphere of blue energy from the weapon. 

Being single minded upon her he did not see Lilith coming in hard and fast towards him, switching targets he began too fire on Lilith instead figuring she was more of a threat at this current point, freeing up Liela. 

"The powers I have allow me too make these weapons even more powerful then they were before hand an advantage I am not willing too give up."

-The fact was true, Objects or weapons he held in his grasp gained external damage output, the ability simply known as fury allowed Strife too amplify weapons damage by engulfing the weapon with the psi energy effectively making the weapons more dangerous then in general, one of his multiple perks of being possessed. That and of course he was trained with guns, thus still retaining his superior range combat but perhaps still having his lack luster close range skills? that may be an advantage. As Lilith attempted too get closer Strife began too walk backwards discharging plasma sphere after plasma sphere towards her.

The fire was spreading those would escape did, not every one was luck, yet there was another reason why he set the town on fire, a simple attempt as a reminder too Liela when he first met her, the setting was similar but not this extreme, only this time instead of friends, now they were hated enemies.- 

"Alright you pathetic excuse for a demon let's see what you got!"

-He mockingly shouted at her.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:46 pm

Liela grabbed her side.
"That really hurt..."
She was glad shrife stopped firing. She didnt think her physical body could take such strong hits like that without lasting damage.
Lillith ran closer dodging with great skill.
"Your words have no effect on me. " She she pounced and swung her whip at his weapon.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:55 pm

-He would in good time come back too Leila but right now he was about too close in contact with Lilith, seemed like this was not the most accurate of weapons as he some how missed every shot at her. 

Her whip came in with a strong thrash gripping around the center frame of the plasma rifle, unknowing of what was going too happen Strife took aim at her, but with the sudden click of the trigger the weapon detonated in his hands, her whip had surrounded the cooling cell that dispensed the heat from the weapon, as a result the pressure from firing exploded sending Strife onto his back with a thud.

He lay on the ground a bit of smoke coming off of him...did they get him? Nope he suddenly sat up staring directly towards Lilith with a his head twisted, you could not see his face but you didn't need too, too know he was pissed off.-

"You just destroyed by second favorite weapon...now...now I am pissed off.."

-Strife stood back up reaching over his back drawing a blade weapon, this is was weird, Shrike had never employed a close range weapon, but here, he just did, must be a new trait being evil and all. The long blade weapon had smaller blades rotating around its shaft kind of like a mix between a sword and a chainsaw.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:18 pm

"heh..."
While lillith was close to the explosion and it practically blew half her face off, it didn't take more than a few seconds to form back. "Aw I guess you're gonna have to use something else besides
that gun."
Liela was taking a breather as she took out her gunblade.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:25 pm

-Strife began too approach Lilith, not in a radical sprint matter, more of a menacing slow walk towards her, the bladed weapon heard reving up as the smaller teeth on its exterior rotated around the frame, the blue energy around him had gained brighter, this indicated quite clearly that was he was well not happy too say the least.

The weapon it self had identical blue energy surrounding it, much the same as the plasma rifle, it seemed too be any object held in his hand would be infused with his strange dark psi energy.

"Trust me..I have something far more impressive then that weapon...Riptooth blade...Some come on then....let's see how you handle that in a close range fight..."

-He taunted her once more despite her ignoring his threats, tho he still seemed too keep a close eye on Liela who herself brought out her own weapon, two against one...his kind of odds.- 

"Oh don't worry Liela, I have not forgotten about you..I'll be there soon enough..once I send your little minion back too the depths of where she came from..or perhaps too a far worse place...Cydonia. Let those creatures tear her apart..while I finish off with you." 

-Strife waited for Lilith too strike with her whip again, he had a little trick he was wanting too exploit upon her.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:29 am

"hehehe close range is my specialty, green!" Lillith smiled. She was ready. "Glad you finally use a weapon worth fighting against!" Lillith whipped the ground with her ink whip. Liela was ignoring his words. She was just focusing her energy. She was going shot a bolt that had more energy than anything she had ever thrown.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:13 am

-Strife's grip flexed around the handle of the bladed weapon, his eyes staring down Lilith like they two had engaged in the most epic staring contest of all time, being this close too the Purple cat, his blue psi energy was attempting too actually make it's way towards Lilith, if the aura energy would make contact, the effects could be horrific. 

That same energy was clearly visible on his sword shaped weapon, seemed like what ever he touched or was in very close proximity too would have it. 

Strife was so fixated on Lilith at this point he did not even remotely pay attention too Liela, considering her not a threat at this point. 

Time felt like it slowed down, the world around them was on fire, burning what was left of the town. Strife was preparing for a direct head on attack against Lilith using the added Fury energy as a means of strike. 

Raising the bladed weapon up on high he quickly came in fast, leaping up into the air, driving the weapon ever so closer towards Lilith, this is when the unexpected happened. 

Liela's bolt collided with him, in his right upper chest and neck region, knocking Strife way off course and plowing him straight in the ground with a thud force that would of killed Shrike in his original form.

For several moments Strife would not move nor budge on the ground.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next