Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Night

5 posters

Go down

Eternal Night Empty Eternal Night

Post by DeuxExDimensia Mon May 06, 2013 3:07 am

~Story~
In a world where the sun has stopped rising, nocturnal creatures have taken over. Many of the diurnal species of the world have fallen as prey to the nocturnal species. Many nocturnal animals have grown to be adept hunters. Recently, a light has been seen emitting from far away, past the mountain ranges that turn most creatures away, back to their forest homes. The surviving diurnal creatures have decided to take a stand and figure out why the night never ends, their first clue leading them to that light, but first they will have to learn to survive out in a world where they cannot see what their enemies can.

~Setting~
Our story starts with a group of diurnal Mobians surviving together in a small camp near a lake. Most of them live in fear of being hunted, but even though they are scared they all try to do their best to survive together. Recently a light has been appearing in the distance, past a large mountain range. There has been talk among the group that the answer to the never ending night lies there.

~Want to join?~

Name:
Species:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Personality:

Fill this out and we're good to go!
I hope that many of you find this interesting enough to join!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Leo
Species: Hedgehog
Strengths:
-extremely skilled in wielding a rapier
-can easily adapt to wielding most one-handed swords
-in full control of his cryokinesis
-Strong leader
Weaknesses:
-cannot use his cryokinesis in extremely hot places
-often makes decisions without the input of others
-a little full of himself, believes that he is the only one capable of leading the diurnal Mobians to the light
-frail defenses
Personality:
Though he can be quiet at times, Leo is a very good decision maker. He can think very quickly and make decisions just as fast. He is very intelligent. He is well disciplined and doesn't take stupidity from anyone. He has no tolerance for those who act immature and threaten the survival of the rest of the group.
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Eternal Night Empty Re: Eternal Night

Post by Azrael Mon May 06, 2013 3:18 am

Name:Azrael
Species:Fox Demon
Strengths:Skilled with Sword and Pistol
Weaknesses:the jewel of Azegel, Not good with tech
Personality:Kind to Friends Rutheless to Foes, Trusts Before untrusted. A survivor and Hunter. Azrael Doesn't talk to Often But its Important to listen to what he says. with over three centuries worth of Knowledge, he might just save anyone's life.

Last edited by Azrael on Mon May 06, 2013 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Azrael
Azrael
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Mon May 06, 2013 11:58 am

((OOC: Az, can you write something a little more descriptive? I'm not asking for paragraphs but just a little more than that.))
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon May 06, 2013 12:12 pm

Name: 'Boa'
Species: Unknown. Or more, he'd rather not say. At all.
Appearance: A black-skinned mobian (no fur). Looks similar to a hedgehog that he has four baggy quil-like bumps coming from his head. Has long claws and claws on his feet, and if angered, sharp spikes shoot out from his spine. Has a rather black furry chest and blue markings on his arms, legs and forehead. Oh, and more importantly, has four blue eyes. Very odd fellow.
Gender: Male. Well, neither but likes to think of himself as male.
Age: 100something something. Not sure, but has lived at least 100 years, but not more than 200.
Strengths:
-Is very flexible, and can move at an unsurprisingly decent speed because of his thin body.
-Has claws, and those claws can hurt if they manage to slash through something.
-Can create what he likes out of an odd, blue substance which he forms from his blood. Rather difficult to explain, uh... For an example, he can create a blue crystal-like (in appearance) sword in his claws to use to attack. That sword can then transform into a shield, and so on.
-Can't feel pain, and his limbs regenerate, almost like a goo-like substance.
Weaknesses:
-Is a pacifist to a high extend, and will only protect others, but won't kill another unless it's a mindless killing machine. Tends to feel extreme guilt when he hurts someone, and will apologise constantly until they forgive him. After afterwards most likely.
-If you just hack and slash at him, he'd be unable to do a thing because he'd be too busy trying to pull his body back together. Poor guy can't multitask well.
-What he creates can shatter - can take a few blows before it becomes a liquid substance again and reforms back to him.
-Is too curious for his own good and has a tendency to get into trouble because he really likes to discover new and exciting things.
Personality: Boa is an author, and he writes books. He writes books because he likes learning, and he likes learning because he wants to gain knowledge and there are so many things in the world. Needless to say, this guy likes to explore and write essays and make logs of the things he's discovered. Also tends to think a lot, as most of his writings are about different theories on how the world works.
He also hates to fight, and prefers to talk his way out of situations than resort to needless violence.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Mon May 06, 2013 10:00 pm

Name: Adelaire / Moonlight Shadow
Species: Regular rabbit / an animated shadow
Strengths: Adelaire, somewhere deep in her body, has her ice skills. Also, she can hit people in certain places with her violin bow to paralize their limbs. ..Like on some carate films. I can't describe it very well, sorry. Moony can change shapes, colours, and HER ice skills are totally outside. And she can disconnect herself from Laira. And go away on her own. Also, enemies can't really hurt her. Since, you know. She's a shadow. Not material thing.
Weaknesses: Adelaire HATES being alone. When alone, she must play on her violin. Or else this ice strength inside starts to kill her. Starting with legs. Yep, she starts freezing while completely alone for longer time. ..And that's why Moony is always there! And also... she's a lady. So she may be somewhat useless in battles. She can only protect herself with the bow, and try to unleash her power (which have never happened yet)!
However, Moony is scared of light. Which is totally normal. It makes holes in her, and she needs to go to some shady place to recover. ..But, well, it's an eternal night! Woo!
Personality: Adelaire is a pretty nice rabbit, and she loves music. Of course. She really, REALLY hates being alone and she really can't stand someone being alone, so she's rather helpful. It helps her with getting new friends. She thinks of her shadow as a best friend and tries to hide her while Moony.. is being Moony. Yep, this shadow will try to get attention by freezing you, then licking you (another freezing of cheek), then tickling you, whatever. ATTENTION. And she likes to observe people, so she can copy their faces while playing with the mirror at home. Both will try to protect each other until one dies, then the second one will protect the body of dead one.

Sorry for failed grammar and short thing, I must go, 'cause my parents are about to kill me, I can fix something if needed, later, durrrr lC
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Wed May 08, 2013 11:26 am

((I'm going to start today after I get home from school.
Anyone else who wants to join should join as soon as possible but
the fact that no one else is joining tells me that I think we're good with what we got.
Welp, just a few hours until I start us off then.))
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Tue May 14, 2013 9:00 pm

~*OOC: Okay here we go. The squiggles and starts are going to be used for the OOC posts. Think of me as a Dungeon Master of sorts, but I have a character that I'm going to play so I must make it fair for everybody. Of course, I'm inclined to make it a good, fun RP for everyone regardless.

If anyone would like to join later, go ahead. As for now, all characters are already in a group together just trying to survive but I think I said that before.
This is going to be turn-based. I'm going to go first.
Whoever goes second, is second and so on and so forth. Please, please conform to this rule.*~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A very faint moonlight shone through the trees easily, as the lush green forest that had once taken over this area was now dying slowly. Or it did die slowly, it's almost completely gone now. A strong wind wisks the leaves littering the ground around. They swirl into the air and float safely back to the ground like feathers of a bird. Besides the moonlight and the twinkling stars in the sky, it was nearly pitch black. Unless you were nocturnal, you could barely see your hand in front of your face. It was bitterly cold due to the lack of the sun to warm the planet, strong wind storms were quite frequent even in the dying forest.

A jet black hedgehog poked his head out from a large hollow tree and looked around as if he could see. He shook his head and retreated back inside where it was slightly warmer without the wind blowing harshly. It was no use, he could barely see outside. He couldn't see anything but the faint light in the distance, the one that continues to shine past the mountains. One day they would get over that mountain range and reach the light, they had to. He turned to the group who had been living with him for a while. Thick blankets were strewn about the ground, they had to keep them at all times in order to stay warm. There were small packages of food that had not yet rotted sitting as far away from the opening to the tree as possible.

He walked over to one of the blankets and sat down, looking at the patterns sewn into the blanket. He looked up at the group again. It was small, and managable if everyone agreed to cooperate. Leo closed his eyes and leaned back, he doesn't remember the last time he slept.
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Tue May 14, 2013 9:18 pm

It was a good job that one person had four glowing blue eyes in the group, as well as the occasional glowing blue marking here and there scattered across the 'mobian's body. Though it was both a flaw to the group at the same time - the being's natural structure would attract attention from the beasts outside. Like a light attracting moths. If moths had teeth and were vicious creatures of doom and death.

So the creature had a long blanket around him, long enough to make-do as a cloak until the guy got something better to use. He was a short thing, and sat against the wall, eyes open, watching the others. Not because he was a creep, but because he was physically enable to sleep and thus had to occupy the time. By watching people. He wasn't a creeper, he swore. The four eyes shifted towards the black hedgehog, the being's face wrinkling into that of concern.

"Is it safe?" he whispered, cutting the silence like a knife.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael Wed May 15, 2013 4:31 am

"getting Paranoid?"Said A Voice Next to The Mobian. THis Was a Demon. A Black and Red Kitsune with Seven tails. the Fox Had Come with the Group. A Demon Hunter, He Hunted Demon Far and Wide. But tonight he was an Adventurer. So far the Group was small. But he thought there were more. The Fox Looked around. Wondering if HE should Put on a Light In this Darkness. But Why would he do that? he Loved the Darkness, its Very Power flowed through him.
Azrael
Azrael
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Wed May 15, 2013 8:49 pm

In the middle of the hideout, a little feral rabbit was lying on the ground. Looking kinda cute. It didn't have any eyes, just two holes in a black, quite transparent 'mattery'. But still, it looked cute. The rabbit rolled over and started to jump around, occasionally hopping on the head of someone. It had to be an uncomfortable feeling, incredibly cold paws suddenly hitting your head. ..The rabbit itself was pretty light, but the chill was still awful.

Eventually the thing lied on the ground, resting its head on feet of a rather tall (though curled up right now) red-rose rabbit lady, her eyes closed and curly short hair covering a part of her face. She was seemingly asleep under one of the blankets, leaning against the wall of the tree. She sighed as her hand reached over and gently stroked the feral rabbit. Wow, her hand didn't freeze. Woohoo. "Do you want me to send Moony outside? She can see if there are any of those... creatures.." Laira whispered. Well, Moony was.. some kind of nocturnal creature too. ..Is shadow a nocturnal thing? The feral rabbit jumped happily, hopping outside the tree and stopping in the entrance, its colour changing into pure black from the dark blue. Even if she wasn't nocturnal, she liked night. A lot.
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Mon May 20, 2013 1:48 am

~*The order is:

1. Me
2. Tank
3. Az
4. Elec
Please conform to this order*~
------------------------------------------------------------------

Leo's ears flicked, sorting out the three statements that entered the room very quickly, breaking the hold that silence had over them. He glanced at Boa and shook his head.
"I couldn't see a thing, I'm not sure.." He responded.
He then stared at Azrael for a second, not in the mood to deal with that statement, before turning to Adelaire.
"If you want." He replied "It would be helpful to know if anything is out there, so we can prepare."
It's not like he never prepared for the worst, every night he tried his best to keep a thick wall of ice between the monsters and the entrance to their tree home.
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael Tue May 21, 2013 8:34 pm

(if tank's not going can i go)
Azrael
Azrael
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Tue May 21, 2013 8:35 pm

(Sorry, my bad! I'll be a while for posting, so we'll see what Wisp says about it)
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Wed May 22, 2013 10:55 am

((Wait, nevermind))

The black mobian-like creature (or 'abomination' if your speciesist like that, you should be ashamed!) sighed, twiddling with the blanket wrapped around him with his claws, poking, prodding and twisting at the material, just something to keep him busy. "We can't stay in here forever," he replied, that odd accented voice ringing out across the hollow of the tree they were residing in, "That's like an invitation to have your rear bit off by a feral animal."

He stretched his arms out, little glimmers of dim blue light from Boa's markings sneaking past the blanket. Four eyes closed as he made a faint indescribable noise, each of his limbs giving a firm stretch before relaxing once more, not to mention as he stretched several spikes shot out from his spine, each one deadly and sharp. It may have possibly pierced the blanket. Upon relaxing, the spikes receded back into his body.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael Wed May 22, 2013 11:10 am

Azrael agreed. Nodding. "The longer we are here the bigger target" he said sitting down.
His seven tail flowing behind him
Azrael
Azrael
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Wed May 22, 2013 9:14 pm

The rabbit lady nodded and the shadow jumped out and changed into her regular, two-dimensional form - a tall rabbit silhouette, wide grin which looked like it was about to rip her head in two, and two eye shaped holes in the mattery she was made off. ..Okay. Not a mattery. It would be horribly cold if you tried to touch it. But still, you were able to even.. go through the shadow. A cold guaranteed after that.

Moonlight jumped again, letting out a quiet, but high-pitched whistle and she started to run around, sneaking up on the bushes and peeking from them, climbing on trees, letting out short whistles here and there. Heere, you nocturnal monsters, don't be afraiiiid.. She only wants to play! ..And, cough, see if you'll freeze in her deadly hug, cough cough.

Adelaire flinched a little when Boa's spikes shot out, then she just curled up more in her blanket, looking at the entrance and rubbing her eyes. It was strangely hard to sleep during this eternal night.
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by -Karma- Thu May 23, 2013 4:58 am

(Hopefully Im not late)
Name:
Turbine Terence

Actor, Pilot

Species:
Fox

Strengths:
Turbine is a brave and daring fox, He is wise and wont constantly start fights thinking things through before making a random choice right on the spot.
He is not easily scared while on the job, conquering his fear in his teenage years.
While smart, he is a very good actor, faking his death and stopping his heart beat in many drama plays.

Weaknesses:
While not easily scared, He is very weak and fragile, dropping like a feather when punched or hit.
Turbine is not quick witted and will need time to think things through.
Unlike most foxes, he is not fast or agile and really slow.

Personality:
Turbine is good at heart, and will not judge people for the way they look.
He doesn't blab alot and will not bother people and be annoying.
But, He will not cheer people up either deciding it wasnt worth getting into it making it very hard to ask him for anything.
-Karma-
-Karma-

Back to top Go down

Post by -Karma- Fri May 24, 2013 4:00 am

Behind them a figure stumbled out of the forest (Assumed its a forest) not clearly recognizable at first with scratches across his shirt and jacket a machete in one hand a machine gun in the other. As he attempted to look up and raise the gun he collapsed into a heap one of his legs broken.
-Karma-
-Karma-

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Sun May 26, 2013 12:07 am

~*Karma, if you read the earlier posts you would know there is already an order set.. you are supposed to go after elec..*~
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon May 27, 2013 9:08 pm

((GAGH SORRY WAS THROWN OUT OF LOOP GAGH))

A growling sound? Now that caused this unusual creature to wrap his blanket more firmly around himself, covering the markings across his body, nothing but his four eyes giving off a faint light. Claws flexed in the darkness. A deep frown formed on his face. If everyone were to just be quiet and remove all light in this area, they would go unnoticed.

Boa closed his eyes. He held his breath. But would the others?

((Also sorry for such a short reply ;-; ))
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael Mon May 27, 2013 9:47 pm

Azrael's Red Eyes Glow as he Quickly Draws his sword And Rushes out. the Beasts were Attacking someone. Someone who needed help. "Hold on Buddy." he said Snarling at the coming Beasts. Slashing at them.
Azrael
Azrael
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Fri May 31, 2013 7:16 pm

~* Five days late. ..Oops~ (No, really, sorry lC I'm a lazy hedgehog..)*~

Adelaire grasped her long ears and pulled them down, trying to deafen the sounds from outside. Damned sensitive hearing. She closed her eyes, too. Though they weren't glowing. Nah, she was just scared, slightly.

Meanwhile, Moonlight started whistling. It was the only thing she could do after all, so why not? Also, she jumped down from the tree, then ran towards Azrael and those 'nocturnal beasts'. Why was he attacking them? She wanted to play tag, and she won't be able to play with them if they are all dead!

So, yes, the rabbit-shaped shadow jumped first on Az's head, then leaped to bushes, running away from the trees. Running rather slowly. A high-pitched, really high-pitched, annoying whistling accompanied her. Perhaps it will distract creatures' attention? ..And, yeah, the whistling only made Laira flinch and grit her teeth. Oh gods, her ears.
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down