Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neon Night

3 posters

Go down

Neon Night Empty Neon Night

Post by The Red Blur Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:03 am

The dim glow of the computer screen was all the light thrown out within the room. Within minutes, the figure sat at the screen logged on. A quiet beep notified him of a new message. He slid his hand over, clicking a button, bringing up the screen of a chat, with several others speaking at once. He gasped a little when he saw that it was a new user.

T.Magnus: @Neon_Kitsune hey, I got a mission for you. 

He sat there for a moment, before leaning forwards, and tapping away at the keyboard, before hitting enter.

Neon_Kitsune: How the hell did you find this server? Mission details are supposed to be submitted via the mission server. 

T.Magnus: I have my ways. Look, I needed this mission done quick, so I couldn't let it wait.

Neon_Kitsune: Fine, fine. Mail me the details. I'll decide if it needs to be shared with anyone else here.

T.Magnus: Alright, gimme a sec.

Neon sat back, putting his hands behind his head, waiting for the next message to pop through. Finally, after what seemed like forever, an email notification popped up. He clicked it, his eyes scanning across the screen. 

Like I said, this mission is needed to be done ASAP. It'll require a bit more legwork than your guys might be used to, but it's worth it. An associate of mine is after a rare crystal, held in the vaults of the Central bank. It's said to heal all kinds of diseases, and if theu could derive it's source... A lot of people could be saved. I've already hired a few guys, but we need ourselves someone a little more... Tech savvy. That's where you come in. Meet me outside the Odds 'n' Ends scrap dealership at 23:00. 

Neon didn't even need to think much. He shut down the computer, standing up, and walking over to the bed. He looked up at the clock "Ten o' clock. Guess I'm settling in for the long-haul tonight. Sheesh. This better pay well," he said, throwing on a green hoodie. He walked over to a unit, opening it up, and pulling out a pair of shoes, that looked very much like sneakers. He put them on, tying them up.

He reached back inside, pulling out a port of gloves, and what looked almost like a bracer of sorts, but with a large screen around it, as well as what appeared to be a white stick, of sorts. He pulled on the gloves, and snapped the bracer onto his arm, also slipping the stick into a small set of loops attached to his hoodie. Finally, he reached back in, pulling out a mask, which was shaped like the face of a mythological kitsune. His persona, online and off. He placed it over his face, blocking out his true face. 

After ensuring his door was locked, and his alarms set, Neon walked to his window, opening it quietly, before climbing down onto the fire escape. He slid it back down wordlessly, before climbing down the fire escape, into an alleyway. He looked around, before tapping at the screen. Lights flickered to life, one by one, starting with the soles of his shoes, then the tips of his fingers, then, the eyes and mouth of his mask. 

The sound of air beginning to flow out of his shoes broke the silence, causing the axolotl to float in the air slightly, now hovering. He pushed off of the ground, using them like skates as he took to the streets. He picked up the pace, until, with a quick action, he leaned forwards, his feet leaving the ground entirely, as he pulled out the stick. With a few pops and clicks, sheets of metal extended to form a bike, that sped off, with the same quiet blowing of air, though with wheels touching the ground this time. 

The streets were relatively busy, what with those on nights out, or the like. Just the way he liked it. Lots of people, easy to get lost, or easy to be lost. Within minutes, he pulled up outside of the scrap dealership with the tyres screeching slightly against the asphalt as he swung the vehicle around. With as much ease as before, the bike compressed, and Neon stood his own two feet back on the ground, re-attaching the device to his back.

The tingle of a bell signified the entrance of another individual. A wolf, with brown fur, and a crimson eyepatch, as well as brown work gloves, and sturdy boots of the same colour. "Neon Kitsune. Never thought I'd ever see you in the flesh," he spoke, grinning a toothy smile.

"So, you said there'd others?" He asked simply. He wanted the job to be quick. Pleasantries weren't needed. 

"Sheesh, no need to be so eager. We're just waiting on two more. One of them's our... Big guns, so to speak." He said, chuckling a little. "I tell ya, he was a hard one to rope into this one." 

"I'm not used to doing work in the field, so I'm charging double for this one," he said, bluntly, before walking over to the old-looking shack of a dealership, leaning against the wall and putting his hands in his pockets.

"Pff, fine by me. This gem's rather important, you see,"
"I know that, otherwise I wouldn't've taken this job." Neon replied, as he stared out on the horizon, waiting for the newcomers.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Neon Night Empty Re: Neon Night

Post by Shrike Marine Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:13 am

-To say this was more or less one of the most odd jobs he ever sign on for was a understatement, times were getting harder and harder for the lone free lancer, places of work were drying up, fewer and fewer towns needed his help in protection and one way or the other he needed money, push was becoming shove pretty damn quickly. 

He had been task with limited information, something to do with a highly valuable crystal with properties that had abilities beyond any thing normal, powers to health and cure the infected, any disease know to the world. That kind of item could serve the world in many ways, why was it being held away ? No idea but what was told to him was good enough to take part.

Plus he needed the cash really bad, for food and maintenance of gear, he hoped this would be one of the easier jobs, recently others had not been so eventful or reaped any real rewards. All he had been given were UDM co-ordinates to follow and meet up, still he had no real idea who he was gonna meet, he just knew the simple object at hand.

Making his way through streets and alleys the GPU was directing him through some pretty busy sections, easy to spot a mile away among those who wondered it. 

Slowly but surely the masked figure closed in on his objected meeting area, keeping eye on the GPU to follow it exactly to the letter, cause last thing he wanted as to be lost in the extremely populated confines of this place.

Upon getting closer Shrike noticed something, something that harked back to event some time ago, it was a Scrap yard, fairly decent in size, tho this familiar like place reminded him of a character. He gently shrugged it off and proceeded ahead.

He gripped the door hand, opening it, sending off the same tingle as those who entered before, there he stood, decked out in gear, armed and armored looking nothing short of a G.U.N trooper with some more custom gear added to him, the start difference between his charcoal colored armor and helmet stand out over his green clothing underneath , slowly looking left to right, until making eye contact with the wolf.

-There was Titus just like he remembered tho it had been a good while since the two had crossed paths, small world huh, He had to make sure Titus didn't try to buy him over to much or make it so he could be pushed around.

Over near by was another figure, a mobian with a strange looking mask concealing his face, and dressed with some unusual looking gear, what the hell had he signed up for this time. He remember his last dealing with Titus which was....difficult at best to put it, but the information was solid once....maybe it would be again. Shrike tho didn't trust him but that was normal for most others he ran across.-

"Titus..Hell I never thought I'd see the day I would come back to a place like this, let alone side off with a job of yours, but I guess desperate times has called for desperate measures, this crystal you looking to get better be fucking worth it...and so should the pay out I'm basically broke at this point.

Got the ordinance to deal with any thing that may.....interfere with the operation, tho I hope the guy you hired knows his way around security and computers, gonna be a mission to hack it all and bypass.    

-Shrike glanced back over at the masked figure, was he part of this small team ? Well perhaps so.-

"Names Shrike...Shrike Burn...and..you are ?"
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Adablur Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:18 am

Listen closely. The rhythmic thumps slow and few and far in between. Akin to the footsteps of a Diablur indeed.

...Perhaps not as unsettling as previously mentioned... I mean, in the end they are but an oversized puppy.

The doorknob abruptly opened and parting from the shadows of night and twinkling lights: A 5'2" blue beast thing in man's attire.

Underhog.

The Blue Fable.

Iumentum.

...Blustiel.
Adablur
Adablur

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:57 pm

Neon perked his head up as soon as the ringing bell of the door signified the third member of their little thieving group. A tall man, presumably human, from his stature. He was muscular, and looked to be quite experienced in battle, judging from the wear on his helmet. 

Titus seemed to know this man, from his reaction. He smiled, opening out his arms "Shrike! Glad to see you took up my offer! Trust me, this crystal would be worth it by a mile, and of course you'll all be paid handsomely for this."

Neon cocked his head when the unknown mercenary remarked that he had to know his way around computers. "Oh, I know my shit, don't you worry about that," he looked up at Shrike "you can call me Neon, and I hope your guns'll be big enough for any jam we might get into. While I know my stuff, I doubt we'll get in undetected, and I'm gonna bounce the moment it gets too hot in there."

Neon jumped a little when he suddenly heard slow, rhythmic thumping sounds against gravel. Presumably footsteps. Finally, with a turn of the knob, and another tingling of a bell, a beast, just about taller than the axolotl, and blue in colour, walked in. 

Titus grinned "and we have our fourth."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:13 pm

-Shrike was less then amused to see him, after all it had been a pain to deal with him once, and there was no telling if it was going to be any smoother the second time round, only this time the world was no riding on all of it so little stress less on this operation, however he had many thoughts about this item he needed them to recover, details were still in the dark for the most part.-

"Hell I hope so, been forced to live off preserved canned foods, for months now and well...this stuff is as about as tasty as a ration, plus my gear could use some repairs from Lysander its...seen better days."

-Neon spoke up for the first time directing Shrikes attention to him, seems like he was the tech guy for the operation, sounded like he could handle himself which is what every thing would probably be riding on, if he couldn't get the rest in, this operation would be canned at start.-

"Nice to meet you Neon, that's good to hear cause a place like that is no doubt gonna be locked down hard. Yea I got bullets and explosives but not infinite, so I hope we don't get a god damn army crawling down us, well if it gets hot make sure to at least let us know to get the hell out at the same time."

-Shrike slowly looked at Titus before looking back to the door, yea he heard em too, was this number 4 or was this something else, when the figure entered, Shrike had seen nothing like it, looked powerful and some one not to mess around with. Titus cleared it up noting that this was indeed the fourth.-

"Well, this is some one I was certainly not expecting..but fuck it..welcome to the rag tag team uhhh...who ever you are ?" 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Adablur Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:34 pm

"I'm uh, Blustiel. From the Forthright. Hewwo."

Her speech was muffled some by the headgear she wore. Typically whenever out on assignments with fresh faces and unfamiliar surroundings she'd be quite nervous, though for some reason, things here felt familiar. Therefore no butterflies were warranted. She had been experiencing bouts of Deja-Vu lately and was having trouble distinguishing old memories from old dreams- given how blurry they both were, it was difficult.

She approached the 3 other operatives of this jewel hiest. Looking over Neon's mask and Shrike's armour she nerded out a bit in her head about how cool the mask looked and the potential abilities of the armour- was it ordinary or was it comparable to Marvel's Black Panther's body armor with its kinetic abilities? She'd ask if she didn't care for making a good first impression.

"Nice body armour...Shrike was it? Not sure why but that the name feels so familiar somehow. I don't believe we've met before under similar circumstances. Have we?"

Blu would turn to Neon next to complement his mask.
Adablur
Adablur

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:48 pm

Titus shrugged his shoulders, saying "I mean, some of the people I've hired have said that some of the rations can be quite tasty, but what do I know?" He leaned forwards, putting his hands on the desk "don't worry, you'll all get your money. Talking of which, Blustiel, glad to see you joining."

Neon looked Blustiel up and down, before saying "huh. Guess we're all dressing like proper thieves." He then looked himself up and down "well, maybe all of you, considering you don't have big flashing lights, but my goal isn't stealth."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:27 am

-Shrike couldn't agree more on that some times yes they did the job and were tasty but when you are stuck on them for days going into weeks then months it starts to get just a little bit dull.- 

"When you live and die off them then you will get just how bland that shit really is but any way." 

-Shrike turned back to eye Blustiel, this was indeed the first time he had ever seen her kind and he was fairly impressed, she looked like she could hold her own in just about any hair situation, which they were no doubt going to need. She approached him and claimed to almost..know him previously, then again Shrike was aware of his apparent memory loss, several gaps here and there, some pretty big.

"Uhhh maybe ? I don't know my memory has some pretty big gaps according to my friend, couldn't even remember my second old ally Caen when I first saw him, so who knows. Thanks on the armor, you wouldn't catch me dead with out it, cause well with out it I would of been dead....You yourself seem rather interesting and looks like you can handle yourself well, welcome to the rag tag team.

-Neon made his own comment about being dressed for the part also that Stealth was not what he was here for, in truth Shrike was terrible at Stealth, he couldn't sneak past a passed out drunk man who also took sleeping tablets if he even tried. He was here to simply fill the slot of firepower should it be needed.- 

"Myself and Stealth don't go hand in hand so don't expect any sneaky stuff from me, I'm here to provide firepower really and protection. So Blu what do you...specialize in huh ?" 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down