Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sandcastle Kingdom

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sandcastle Kingdom Empty Sandcastle Kingdom

Post by TheBardPrincess Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:30 pm

It'd been a few months since there was much action in this city - a monster fought and a crystal found, but the mall was never reopened. But for these two old farts, who didn't know about the Princess of Helios or Sonic's recent arrivals, it's been at least a year. A year since they helped the Princess and her knight, a year since his daughter was found after a decade of being presumed dead, and a year since they'd failed to take on the monsters...
On the beach of Sapphire Bay, two older hermits were leaving a small shack - an old, orangish jackal in a wheelchair, and an absolutely massive sea green sea turtle adorned in jewelry made of seashells and a skirt. The sea turtle closes the door behind her after squeezing out of it, then she grabs hold of the handles on the back of the wheelchair and starts pushing him down the beach. In the distance, there were castle spires of a sandy yellow and brown color visible from their shack in the direction they were heading...
People knew about the two but rarely bothered them, a sweet old lady and her cranky, sad friend.
"Are you sure about this, Terro...? We don't have the kids with us this time, and we all barely survived last time..." She asks the old man, apparently going by 'Terro', with genuine concern in her voice.
"I'm positive Lily... We just can't rely on those kids forever. It's something that needs to be done - it should've been done years before now! I just... can't wait any longer."
But... What was the old man expecting to do? Of the two, 'Lily' was the only one here capable of walking, and it was clear she was rather uncertain about it...

They were speaking fairly loud - whether it was because the old man being hard of hearing or a lack of concern for others, would anyone overhear their conversation or see them...?
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

http://pyrode.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Sandcastle Kingdom Empty Re: Sandcastle Kingdom

Post by IceTheHedgehog2468 Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:40 pm

The sun shined brightly, blue skies gleaming above into the eyes of anyone who payed attention to it, white clouds looking like fluffs of cotton floating gently in the sky. The sun beat down onto the yellow sandy dunes of the beach, waves and such littering the harmony of bird's songs and the dances of leaves. The only thing that wasn't natural, was a certain hedgehog, blasting through the sands of the coast. With quick steps and a gust of wind following him, the hedgehog blasted through the beach seemingly back and forth from point A to point B, over and over again, like he was training. 

The speeding hedgehog finally came to a halt, however, in front of an old, small looking shack. The hedgehog then bent over, and ripped his boot off of his foot, hopping up and down on his other shoed foot while turning the boot in his hands upside down and shaking it, only putting it on after he felt he got as much sand out as possible and repeating it on the other foot. 

"Stupid....sand!" He muttered, the hedgehog shaking his quills and fur free of sand next, then moving quickly to his clothes. "It gets everywhere! I'm gonna be finding the stuff for weeks in places I didn't know I had!" The male complained. He finally stopped shaking himself like a vibrating chihuahua after patting himself down with the last of the (known) sand falling from his jacket. "why's the only abandoned city gotta be all sandy...cmon Glacius, you couldve went to Station Square or something to train, they wouldn't have minded but...alas, here you are..." 

Glacius was the name of the hedgehog, white in fur color, with blue stripes decorating his quills and eyeline. His eyes were almost as light blue as the sky as well, one could say it was almost like a lit up day. His ears twitched at the top of his head as when he shut up, he could hear talking, almost shouting. He cocked a brow, following the noise to investigate. Last he heard, the place was abandoned, so people here was an oddity. Granted, it could just be squatters. However when he got closer, he heard not one, but two voices, talking about relying on kids and some other thing. The hedgehog just couldn't help himself. 

"Hey there!" he smiled, announcing his presence rather quickly once getting close enough for the two elders to hear him. "The name's Glacius. A Hero of the ages, a dazzling handsome fellow and an all time expert cook...I think..." he paused, thinking to himself slightly before going back to his tangent, clearing his throat. 

"I couldn't help but overhear your conversation and you have me enthralled. It, at the very least, seems like you might need a hand...or three, aaaaand thats just what I do best!" he smirked. "Sooo....what exactly is the issue?" He asked, crossing his arms while he awaited an answer.

IceTheHedgehog2468

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:18 pm

As the two continued talking, Terro rose a hand up at the same time his ears perked, a sign Lily understood as she stops pushing and starts looking around. 
When she noticed Glacius, she was rather taken back... especially as they go through a list of all their titles. 
She turns Terro around, revealing his legs... or lack thereof. Didn't look natural either - it was... as if his feet and calves were sanded away, then scarred over. 
The jackal cocks a brow then looks to Lily, then back to Glacius. 
"You're a 'Hero of the Ages', Glacius? Well then I'm the Jolly Green Giant. Don't you know it's rude to eavesdrop?"
"Terro!" She snaps at the old man, who just rolls his eyes in response, before looking back to Glacius apologetically, "I'm so sorry for my friend here. Admittedly, it would normally be a private issue... but I'm not sure we could do it alone... I don't even know if anyone could really help - his daughter and the children of some friends of ours tried to help last time, and we barely survived. There's... a monster, a large serpent with the power to turn things into sand, that managed to singlehandedly destroy an entire tribe of jackals. If you have any combat experience or special abilities, any help would be greatly appreciated... Though I know it's much to ask of a stranger."
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by IceTheHedgehog2468 Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:50 pm

Glacius's originally crossed arms dropped to his side in astonishment as the turtle turned the chair bound jackal to reveal his legs, something of which the hedgehog was not familiar with. Sure, he expected an amputee, maybe really small legs or some kind of birth defect...but these...these weren't natural. 

The hedgehog, in his surprised stupor, backed away slightly, immediately going back to his original position and apologizing. "Sorry...the uh..." he looked at the legs. "you surprised me is all..." he admitted, though not bothering to tell him that the sanded and scarred limbs were what had him put off. 

When the Jackal, who was apparently named Terro, told him off for eavesdropping, making fun of the hero title Glacius gave, it felt like an arrow piercing through his chest, so in defense, he retorted back. "Hey hey! It's not eavesdropping when you're yellin' it at the entire world, man. Besides...I was just tryin' to help is all..." he mumbled. "didn't have to go for the pride..."

The hedgehog's ears twitched when the sea turtle began to speak, causing the male's attention to shift to the lady, whom promptly spoke about their issue. A giant snake that turns people to grains of sand. A part of him felt nervous when she mentioned that. If the beast can turn living people into sand, then how? How does he combat something like that that's essentially one good shot and he's dead? Nonetheless, he glanced up and nodded, giving a reassuring smile despite the inner dread. Sure, he was new, but they needed help. He may not be the best person, but either he lived and gained more experience with the whole hero thing, or suddenly its not his problem.

"Combat, special powers? You could say I got those, yeah." he mentioned, trying not to reveal too much. "I'll be glad to help! that being said...uh" he coughed, looking out to the right. "Is there anything I should know about the beast? Like how exactly to avoid being turned into a sand sculpture? As fabulous as I'd think Id look in yellow grainy form, I think we can all agree its optimal I don't."

IceTheHedgehog2468

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:31 am

Terro looks up at Ocean Lily, confused at one of Glacius's comments.
"I'm not yelling?" He said loudly to him. Might be hard of hearing then... but then again, he was a dog, and he clearly heard him earlier, so...
Selective hearing?
It'd be easy to imagine an anime sweatdrop on Lily's head from her lighthearted-yet-exasperated expression alone. Terro wasn't surprised by Glacius' shock, but indeed he was a little annoyed.
Still, he decides to entertain the idea. "The Sand Serpent is a supernatural beast, but in the end it's just a snake. Think of it like the story of Medusa from Ancient Apotos, someone also associated with snakes and petrification. With Medusa, just looking at her is enough to turn you to stone. This Sand Serpent? You can look at it all you want, as long as you aren't looking at it when it's eyes flash."
He looks back up at Ocean Lily, as if asking for confirmation. In the end, she nods, before saying, "And, by the way, my name is Ocean Lily. Sorry for not introducing myself earlier, couldn't find the time to squeeze my name in."
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by IceTheHedgehog2468 Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:33 am

Glacius cocked his head to the side in confusion. Even now the jackal was yelling at the man, though not out of anger, but it seemed rather in general. Despite the closeness of the two persons, the pale hedgehog just marked it up to hard of hearing, despite how clearly the male had heard Glacius when he spoke. 

It wasn't difficult for Glacius to catch onto what they were saying. He wanted to mention the tale of medusa when they told him the snake turns people to sand, but he couldn't help but wonder if it was different, like a bite or a puncture from a scale or something. Surely enough, it was the eyes, however it was looking at the beast when the eyes flash. He wasn't quite sure how easily things would work from that, if there was a signal that the thing was charging up a flash of the eyes, but he figured he could work around it. If it had anything to do with light, Glacius might be at the advantage. 

"so...question, well actually a few..." the hedgehog piped up again. "WHEN it flashes its eyes, is there something it does before then that lets me...y'know...know its gonna do that? Also, when this thing is gone, anything it turned to sand...well its a silly question but its hopeful. Do you think those afflicted will...turn to normal?" he asked, hoping more than just these two could be saved.

IceTheHedgehog2468

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:02 am

"I'm... not sure. It seems sudden. Best guess I got is to just keep your eyes closed or block them." Terro answered, though Ocean Lily was thinking a little harder on it. 
"I never learned what the tell was - maybe it's eyes start getting really bright? But... if you're looking at its eyes and you see a bright light, you're already in severe danger anyway..." Ocean Lily responded. Terro just sighs, as he continues on with answering the boy's questions. "And... I don't know. I just want it dead for what it did to my people, my family. I also don't want it to hurt anyone else...

Ocean Lily could tell this didn't sound good... But indeed, there were not many options. Terro was just... a tired and angry old man who was either really dumb or somehow underestimated the power of a monster that wiped out a civilization. 
Or something else. This man was so willing to sacrifice himself to this monster, so willing to fight or die trying when the latter was clearly more likely... 
And all Ocean Lily could do was try and talk her friend down, or get some help. To get someone more capable than him.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by IceTheHedgehog2468 Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:21 am

Glacius took a deep breath, jumping up and down in place to quell any excess energy he might have, as well as helping him focus on the words which were being put out towards him. "I see...Its a flash and most bodily functions like that have a tell...it's nearly impossible for something to just flash organically, however, that doesn't mean its completely so..." He said, holding out his hand and forming a ball of light in his hand in mere seconds. "Still, I should be able to do something about it. If I can't direct the light of the flash elsewhere I'll look for a tell...It doesn't seem...instant." He mumbled, looking at Terro. 

The hedgehog thought to himself. He wanted to offer to at least help Terro's scarred legs look a little more appealing, burning the sand into glass with his light. However with the slight chance that they COULD be brought back upon the snake's death, he decided not to. "I'll do what I can. It shouldn't take me anything more than a day or two" He smirked, pointing his own thumb at his chest. "I've got this. Point the way and I'll give this over grown worm with teeth what it is owed." He said with confidence shimmering in his voice. Of course internally he was nervous. He'd dealt with human/mobian threats all the time, but giant beasts that make Kaiju seem possible? That's a new one in the bucket list.

IceTheHedgehog2468

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:26 pm

The two looked at each other again as Glacius created the ball of light and mumbled...
That's something they'd never tried, not that they could. Maybe he's perfect for the job after all? 

"Alright. You'll... likely need my help getting there, Glacius. In fact..." She looks down to Terro, "It might be better if Glacius and I go alone?
"Why? What's that suppose to mean?
"I'd rather you be safe here, I'm sure we can take care of this-
"I'm going with you You don't know the place like I do."
After a bit of quiet, she sighs. "Alright, Terro. If you insist." She takes hold of the handles of the wheelchair again, tilting her head back and to the side as she glanced at Glacius. "Follow us - it's not too long of a walk, and any difficult terrain I can help you with.
Then she started pushing the wheelchair forward, down the beach in the direction of the distant castle and sandy hills, with Glacius following...
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by IceTheHedgehog2468 Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:50 am

Glacius looked quite proud of himself when he made the ball of light. Of course it wasn't the limit of what he was capable of, but it was a neat party trick he thought, especially when the others around him looked astounded. The ball itself was white and emanating heat from off of itself. Glacius didn't seem affected, but the warmth certainly was there. Along with that, the ball had begun changing colors not too soon after it was shown off, going from blue, to green, to red, to a flurry of other colors.

The hedgehog glanced back up at the others when they began speaking, his focus just barely able to catch the sea turtle's offer to show him the way, whilst also arguing that Terro were to stay, instead of risking his neck out and getting hurt. Glacius, the one who offered to help, felt like he needed to speak up. The whole reason he offered his assistance in the first place was to stop people from being troubled. "If...it's any condolence, once you guys show me HOW to get there, I should be fine on my own. I don't want either of you getting hurt when I go to fight this thing." he said, scratching the back of his neck with a nervous motion. "I'd feel bad, I know we just met n' all, but it ain't right offering my hand and getting more people hurt in the process."

IceTheHedgehog2468

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:50 pm

Terro... didn't really respond. He didn't want to dignify that with a response, at least not yet. 
As the three moved along the beach, away from the water toward the actual castle, Ocean Lily did speak up. "Not only is there a chasm, a canyon nearly impossible to cross for most, but inside the castle itself is a lot of quicksand that'd be hard to traverse. If you get on my back, you can ride me as I roll along the walls."

She...
She can do that? How does that... even work? 
And... if that was how she was planning to get there, how was she planning on taking Terro along? Put the chair on her back and hope he doesn't go flying off? 
Maybe that's why Terro was quiet, he might've realized finally he should stay behind, but didn't want to admit it. 
The way they talked, he managed to face the snake before, presumably after he lost his legs, but Ocean Lily made it sound like she was needed to get over there.
"Besides, though I understand the concern, would you really want to face it alone?"
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by IceTheHedgehog2468 Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:44 pm

Glacius sat silent, waiting for an answer or some kind of acknowledgement to his words from the other two. He finally did get something from Ocean Lilly, however Terro stayed silent the entire time, like someone who was proven wrong but didn't want to admit it. Glacius's eyes stared at Ocean Lilly as she explained how she was planning on traversing. Although it was tough to admit, if there was a canyon, crossing it would be difficult without teleportation of flight. However the castle walls wouldn't be too difficult. He could run along the walls or jump from wall to wall, one way or another, hed get across, however he didnt say anything about it because he knew the more energy he'd have, the better. 

A part of him wondered how Ocean Lilly could "roll" along walls and somehow over a ravine, but a part of him knew in a world where half the people can run at at least over 100 mph, what was the use in questioning special abilities. He knew people wondered in and out on how the man could control light like he did, despite there seeming to be no physical way. He glanced at Terro, wondering how the jackal would even stay on. Of course he decided not to overlook the possibility of Terro having his own unique abilities, but what if he didn't? Would he still be coming. 

Ocean Lilly had quickly asked Glacius if he wanted to face the monster alone. Of course he had his thoughts on it... and he didn't exactly feel the easiest about fighting the beast, but... it was better if he did. Although, lying wouldn't exactly help him. "Truthfully? No, I'd rather not, however, what I want and your safety are two different things. You're asking for help because this isn't a situation you can handle on your own. I-" his cocky demeanor fell for a little, being replaced with a more serious one. "We'll make a deal...ok? If I...die...or get taken out the fight. You leave. There's no reason for you to put yourself in harms way after that. I don't want my lack of ability to handle said situation to be the downfall of more than just myself."

IceTheHedgehog2468

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:47 am

"If we're not sure if we could do it alone, why would you expect to do it alone? I asked for help, not for someone to do the dirty work." Ocean Lily responds jovially. "And similarly... would it not be silly for me to stick around if you did die, based on this? No offense to you, but as someone well over a century old, I'd like to think I know when I'm out of my league."
Well...
She is a turtle.

Walking up over a large dune, the three come to two large rocky walls with a deep crevasse between them, one that seemed to stretch for miles. It was mountainous... yet the castle of sandstone seen just through the long crevasse was still somehow larger, even considering distance. Whatever this place was, it was huge, yet secluded. You could only see it from the beach over the small mountain due to its size, and it seemed unless you can fly, there's only one way through...
Ocean Lily looks to Terro first.
"...I'll stay here. I've no need slowing you too down. I'll wait for your return."
"Alright. In that case... are you ready, Glacius?" She asks as she turns to look at him.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by IceTheHedgehog2468 Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:08 am

"Right right..." Glacius rubbed the back of his head, glancing towards the ground with an embarrassed look on his face. While his words were very much true, he said it to simply sound more heroic. However looking and sounding the part of an aspiring hero was all good and dandy, but one must be able to act the part. So instead, as not to insinuate anything else or come across as an idiot, he decided to keep his mouth shut for as long as he can. Five minutes of silence for anyone near him.

Glacius stared ahead, whistling and juggling a few balls of light as he walked with the pair, only stopping when the other two were. Of course silence for him was only not talking, he couldn't promise not whistling or fidgeting. He came to a halting stop however with the group. His attention averted from his balls of light, which fizzled away, to the deep crevasse that other two of the trio were staring at. It looked...deep. A far fall. His ears flattened on top of his head, and the little tail he did have dropped between his legs. He shouldve expected it when she mentioned a ravine...but at the time he wasn't taking it seriously. He looked over to Terro, whom assured the pair he'd stay behind, then glanced back at Ocean Lilly, who was asking Glacius if he was ready to leave. His eyes darted side to side, his mind racing about how to leave this situation be, then, finally, he nodded. "Y-yeah! let's get goin'..." After all...he did say he'd help. Whats one little crossing of a crevasse?

IceTheHedgehog2468

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:42 am

She notes his apparent concern, almost considering turning back right then... 
But indeed, he says to go on ahead, and with a small sigh she nods. She steps backward toward him, only taking a couple steps as to not bump into him and potentially hurting him.
"Climb onto my back, Glacius, and hold on tight. I'll carry you through..." She says, with a trusting voice. She waits a moment for him to make his decision, and if he were to decide to hop on, she'd take her action. 

Running forward as fast as she could with her heavy, massive body on proportionally small legs, at the last section she lunges forward, front-facing-down... and starts spinning in mid-air. 
She'd thrown herself like a frisbee.
What.

And as if that wasn't silly enough, the side of her shell catches onto the wall... and she starts rolling along it, even slowly getting faster as the two moved along the wall to the other side...
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by IceTheHedgehog2468 Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:47 am

Glacius took admittedly longer than what he figured he should have to answer her question. It pained him to be this obvious about his fears, but heights were...well he couldn't stand them. He found it odd that when the aspect of a deadly snake that could turn him to sand at a moments gaze was a problem he was going to face, he was ready to tackle it head on, alone even, despite some of the uncertainties. However heights? They crippled him. Despite that, he swallowed a hard gulp, looking at the sea turtle, then nodding, climbing on up right after the fact.

It wasn't too far after when the lady had launched herself off of the ravine's edge that the hedgehog had curled up and clung to her shell like a child who just found their favorite lost teddy bear. His quills were up and his tail and body tucked on any part he wasn't clinging to. One could swear you could hear him hissing at the heights, cursing under his breath any moment he thought he'd fall, which was, despite not being so, a lot.

IceTheHedgehog2468

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:49 am

Despite the hissing and growing discomfort, Ocean Lily didn't stop. Even if she wanted to, she couldn't, for fear of falling into the chasm and dying. They either make it to the end of the chasm, or they don't make it at all.
She also said nothing, not that anyone would've been able to hear her anyway. She was entirely focused on safely getting to the other side. 
When the wall she was riding along got too rough or she saw something she might crash into, she'd hop onto the other side and continue rolling forward, often with a little jolt from the momentum. Despite trying to make the ride less rocky, it still certainly wouldn't be comfortable. 
Her rolling would make Glacius feel the texture of the wall in her shell's vibrations. 
Every hop might jostle him, threatening to throw him off. 

And this would last for a good couple minutes at least.

Eventually, eventually they'd reach solid ground... Well, sand might not feel like it counts as "solid ground" but what the hell ever they didn't fall into the canyon-
Ocean Lily.baseball-slides along the sand, leaving a large wake of sand, an indentation leaving a trail, behind her. She takes a few deep breaths, and pokes her head out of her shell.
"Are you okay up there? It's safe to let go now." She says, before eventually standing up. 

Ahead of them, for one was the large castle, but for another thing...
What resembled a small town, or a large tribal village. A bazaar perhaps? But... It seemed to be completely abandoned, deserted. 
It was all that remained of the Dust Jackal Clan, barring the two... well, I'd be hard-pressed to say they were "survivors" when one was still a ghost of sorts and the other didn't survive unscathed, but indeed they were the last remaining. 
There was something rather peculiar, however. 
Planted in the sand and in various pots around the bazaar, were blue flowers. 
If someone knew anything about flowers, they'd recognize them as ocean lilies.
Hundreds... maybe even thousands of them, planted around the area like a massive garden. 

...how have they survived this long in desert conditions?
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by IceTheHedgehog2468 Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:11 am

Time seemed to move slowly on that rocky ride for Glacius, almost as if it wasn't moving at all. One could swear you could see the life and age leave his eyes every small rocky bump the pair hit, or every time the turtle launched herself towards a parallel wall. Each bump got a hiss, each jump got a curl of spikes and quills, and every rocky shake made him clench to whatever was grabbable on the "vehicle"/person he was riding on. It was only until they landed in the sand did he stop hissing and puffing his spikes towards the sky. Almost immediately upon stopping, he fell into the sand and purred, his face nuzzling into the ground.

"Sweet land...." He murmured, only to hop up and dust himself off after a little while, turning to Ocean Lily. "Look uh...I'm...obviously not the best with heights...can uh...can you do me a favor and pretend the hissing and stuff didn't happen?" He coughed, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment. "anyways...I'm fine... I lived after all..." He grinned. "Too young to have a heart attack!" 

Glacius turned his head to the castle in front, looking at the place up and down, trying to size the place up. It was only until his gaze averted slightly lower did he notice the bazaar, deserted by life, inhabited only by the crumbling sands of time and...blue flowers? In a desert? 

"Creepy..." the hedgehog mumbled, walking forwards immediately to check the place out. He wasn't a florist, but he knew most plants cant survive in a desert, so they were more than likely just planted. "I wonder if a ghost has been plantin' flowers..." He asked out loud, part of him inquiring to himself, the other part asking the elder turtle that's been accompanying him. "They do look pretty though..." He smiled, walking up to the closest one to inspect it more, crouching over the flower and turning his gaze to its sides and behinds.

IceTheHedgehog2468

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:22 pm

Oddly enough, the flowers weren't the only odd sight to see in the village, for there was also a brown hedgehog woman with a braided ponytail and green eyes, garbed in a rather fancy cloak. She seemed to be intently observing the flowers.

When Glacius approached the flowers, the cloaked woman speaks.

"Oh, hello there, darling, what brings you to a quiet, little, place like this?"

Last edited by KingOfGames on Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:54 am

She... couldn't help but feel a little guilty. Upon his request, she responded rather cheekily "What hissing? I heard nothing." before moving on with a soft sigh, just glad he was okay.

As they walked forward together, heading into the bazaar, she noticed Glacius looking at the flowers and asking questions about them.
Indeed, she knew all about them... yet she did make a mental note that they should've been dead by now. "It was no ghost that planted these flowers..."

Then a new, different voice catches her attention, and she looks up in slight shock.
Who was this new hedgehog, what were they doing here? How long had they been here?
At first she was a little angry, worried some archaeologist had come to defile a friend's home, but they didn't come off as a threat at first. She calms down fairly quickly, though she sternly responds "I... could ask the same of you. How did you get here, and who are you, anyway...? The young hero and I are here to take care of some decade-long overdue business."
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by IceTheHedgehog2468 Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:44 pm

Glacius snapped, finger gunning to Ocean Lily the moment she played along with his request, feigning ignorance as his...less than gentlemen like behavior whilst riding on her back. He gave a nervous chuckle, looking down a bit. "sorry for...not telling you before though... I'll be fine if we need to go and...ya know...do something like that again...I can't promise I won't repeat the same thing over though." 

When the hedgehog dashed over to the flowers, the one he stood in front of particularly caught his attention, more than likely because it was the closest one to him. He looked at it up and down, tempted to pick the flower out of the ground, but decided against it. "Not a ghost huh? Does that mean theres someone still he-"

Before the young hero in training could finish anything he was saying, a voice chimed out next to him, causing him to jump back immediately, his stance changing from a less chilled out and casual stance to his arms up and ready for any action that might occur. He wasn't going to attack, but being snuck up on, even if it was because of his own negligence, wasn't exactly a pleasing scenario, especially right after he got done with that whole ravine ordeal. "Uh...Lily? I thought you said this place was a ghost town...that doesn't look like a ghost..." He mumbled, glancing at the turtle. The large female immediately answered their reason for being here, and asked the new hedgehog why SHE was here, in which Glacius nodded, keeping his defence up, but not trying to look like he was going to attack her. "yeah...who are you..."

IceTheHedgehog2468

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:26 am

The hedgehog looked curiously at Glacius and Lily, seemingly baffled by her question.

"I... Walked here? I simply came to visit Sandcastle Kingdom after so long, such a tragedy it seems to have been ravaged..." "At least these beautiful flowers took their place."

She presumed they were grave markers, so she didn't touch them.
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:54 pm

That didn't quite put her at ease, but she did feel a little foolish. There were paths here you could take on-foot, obviously, but from the Sapphire Bay beach the quickest path was through the canyon.

It's best if Glacius doesn't know they could've just walked there, cause in her mind it... really wasn't an option.

"Alright, you've got me there... but it's funny to think that I've never seen you here before. This place was like a second home to me." She says, not really trying to be accusatory but more just stating her confusion as she decides to keep moving on. She doesn't even question the female hedgehog's age - given her appearance, she was probably a teenager when the place was attacked, but while it didn't quite add up, she decided not to comment on it since her even being there was kinda odd to begin with. "The flowers are beautiful, though. It took a lot of work to plant these here."
She looks down to Glacius, then back to Samantha. "My friend back at the beach, Terro, use to be the leader of the tribe who lived here, and a year after our last attempt, he urged me to come out here and try again. He wants the serpent that killed his people, that lives in that sandcastle," she says as she points to the castle, "dead. This young man overheard the conversation and offered to help. I just want to let you know, this place is dangerous, so be careful. I may not know you too well, but if what you've said is true I can at least trust who have no ulterior motives for being here..."
Unsurprisingly, she was deathly serious about the preservation of this place. Almost feels like she's the groundskeeper of a graveyard.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by IceTheHedgehog2468 Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:57 am

"Wait what?" he stood up straight immediately when the female hedgehog answered some of their questions, saying she walked there. Walked? You could walk? But...they just...crossed a ravine? "Are you saying theres a way around the giant ravine instead of wall running and hopping?" He paused, glancing at the ground with confused eyes. Should he be angry? No...this was probably quicker... she probably couldn't run as fast as he could either...turtles were notorious for being slow...or was that tortoises?

Glacius, who was lost in thought, took a good minute before looking up again, glancing at Ocean Lily, who was now explaining their situation, and giving a little backstory as well. The man sat silent, letting her explain everything, and trying to gain a stronger grasp on the situation himself. Unfortunately, the only added information he got was that a year passed before the attempt they're giving now. He cleared his throat, looking at his companion, then at the stranger whom they were talking with. "Yep, Glacius is the name and heroics are my game! At least...they will be..." He tapped his foot, likely do to his energy building up. He was always a hyper one. "Aim to be number one, thats what I always say! Helping everywhere I go! Even help old ladies cross the street!" He pointed at his own chest using his thumb with a cocky grin. "One of these days I'll even do better than that blue running guy...what was his name? Sinic? Senic? Snooky! that's right!" He snapped. "Speakin' of names, whats yours. You still haven't answered the whole 'who are you?' bit." The pale colored hedgehog crossed his arms, tapping his fingers on his arms in a small rhythm whilst he waited for an answer.

IceTheHedgehog2468

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:04 pm

Ah... Sounded like things were quite serious here. Though she raised an eyebrow at Terro's name, she's heard it before for sure, though it had been quite a while.

At Glacius' surprise...
"Well, if it makes you feel better, that way sounded quicker, more fun, and something my grandson would prefer."

And upon learning the situation.
"Dearie me! Well, thank you for letting me know, I can handle myself, in fact, perhaps I can help?"

And then Glacius introduced himself, which brought the woman to quite a chuckle.

"Well! You certainly seem confident enough for the part, darling, just remember to ask before jumping into action, that old lady might be just fine."
She had learned that the hard way, once.

"Ah! Right! My apologies, darlings. My name is Samantha Kra Kopis, powerful wizard."

She said that last bit with a bit of a flourish, letting some sparks from her fire magic fly.
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next