Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Clouds Looming

4 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Dark Clouds Looming - Page 4 Empty Re: Dark Clouds Looming

Post by RezTheFalcon Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:43 am

Engel telling Terry that fusing with Ravage was helpful to the situation left him with a bittersweet feeling. He was glad that everyone was okay, but he despised having to fuse with Ravage. The main reasons being that he had no control when they were fused, and he can’t remember anything from when he is fused with Ravage.

When Clash explained how he stopped Ravage’s frenzy, Terry held a hand to his chest with a look of confusion on his face.

“Forcibly separated us? But… H-How did you…?”

Ravage was still squirming and screeching around in the cloak. “Let me out Terry! They must pay for ruining my fun!”

Terry gave the cloak a slap as Ravage wailed in response. “Shut it. Your so called ‘fun’ is over for today.”

Terry then turned to Engel and asked, “Would there be any more of those Nightmare things coming? How do you know if one of them is attacked, they don’t call for more of them to come help?”
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:02 am

The wolf doesn't move from his spot on the ground as the hedgehog and horned rabbit speak to him. It's almost like he doesn't hear them. Or at least it seems that way through a lengthy stretch of silence.

Until.

"Please just... leave me alone..." he says quietly, his voice shaking slightly.

Whatever had happened, it seemed that it had affected the wolf much more than anyone there had realized.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:03 am

Clash seemed to genuinely want to help the wolf, unsurprisingly, meanwhile the wolf asked to be left alone.
Either way, he wasn't of concern.
Engel turns to Terry, hands behind his back as he steps forward. "They didn't seem to call for help, and I don't feel anything in the area anymore - in fact, the only things I can sense approaching are the natural wildlife. You're safe for now."
He stepped back, seemingly lost in thought, as he heads back over to the large tree.
Almost as if on cue, a couple dozen frogs large and small, green, blue, silver, pink, black, ect. hopped into view through the trees around the heroes, hopping up and down seemingly in joy. Happy frogs, thinking their heroes.
How adorable.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

http://pyrode.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:19 pm

Oh, he wanted to be left alone... Aaaalrighty then.

In response Clash walked back to the others.

"Uh, yeah, I went into your soul and separated it from Ravage's, and- well, it unfused you!"

He'll just omit that he's never done it before, and it could've just straight-up mentally damage him, it didn't happen, he don't gotta know.

He turns to the scientist again.

"Nice to see the job's done, I guess. Though, uh, what was that you said about a Nightfall?"
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:39 pm

'Went into my soul?' Terry thought to himself, feeling somewhat violated. 'What the heck is this guy capable of? First he talks to ghosts, and now he can unfuse people from wisps?' Terry released Ravage from the cloak as they had finally calmed down. He snapped the clasp around his neck before asking Engel, "Sooo... What happens now?"
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:53 am

( OOC: Gonna pass this round. Don't have anything to add while Wolf pulls himself together. )

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:57 am

He stopped upon hearing Clash's question. No one could see it, but he was... grinning. He'd been waiting for this moment...
But maybe now wasn't the time for the full story. 
Terry also speaks up, and he turns around, looking to him. 
"As anti-climactic as it might seem, you can just... go about your business again. I once again thank you for your research help, however sudden it was." He explained to Terry with a small nod, before looking to Clash. 
It was harder to hold back his grin this time, though he tries playing it off as morbid laughter - that whatever Nightfall is was so uncomfortable the only thing he could do was laugh. After a bit, he looks back to the wolf, then Terry. 
"I'm not surprised you were the one to ask, young Kopis... heheh, it's a bit of a long story though.
The frogs' presence starts to call a light rain, setting the scene. 

He steps back, and takes a deep breath. "In my research traveling the world, from my early days in Spagonia and learning of an underground city of monsters, to my studies on the Power of the Soul during an excavation on a flying battle station, to studying the ruins of a flying city, I've come to learn a dark secret that not many do." He begins, extending a hand out and forming a small purple cloud of smoke, which soon dissipated into what looked like an illusory projection of a star-shaped island, one with eight points. 
"There are many deities in this world - Chaos, the God of Destruction. Solaris, protector of Soleanna. Light and Dark Gaia... Many legends and stories. This is but one more. Tiranus, the God of Fear.
The island in his hands becomes shrouded in purple, cloudy mist. "According to symbols written in the walls of the island's temples, Tiranus was an outsider to Mobius, one that came to this planet to destroy it. It's believed that a phoenix, a soldier, and a noble died trying to seal Tiranus away in another realm, Feign. Since then, fear was spread across the island - if the gate to this other realm, the Feign Gate, were to be opened again, Tiranus could grow in power and escape. The opening of the Feign Gate is referred to as Daybreak. The prophecy of Tiranus' return, what succeeds Daybreak, is what we call Nightfall.

As he told the story, the illusions gave the visuals. At that point however, he snaps his fingers and whisks it away in smoke. 
"It's believed that the Feign Gate has been opened, resulting in the higher formation rate of his army, the Nightmares. And now that it's opened, no one quite knows how to shut it again. If the legend is true, Tiranus will come. People need to be ready for the worst. More and more nightmares will spawn, stronger and in higher numbers." He finishes off, finally. 

He crosses his arms. "You three can leave whenever, I don't want to hold you up anymore."
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:35 am

During the story, as well as his short while processing it all, Clash looked very tense, his expression filled with concern.

Clash had listened intently, and he couldn't believe what he was hearing.

Not only was this person supposedly well-versed in the powers of the soul, but he knew of another deity.

He'd seen it before, during his visit to Sapphire Bay, a star-shaped island floating in the distance.
He never knew it was so important, however.
Upon mention of a Phoenix, as well as a silhouette, he immediately had one thought.

Pyra.

A Phoenix who helped seal away a Nightmare God? That would explain so much. The damaged soul, the dark presence within, heck, maybe even her amnesia!

And of course, that gate was supposedly open, and something terrible was going to happen...

He needed to tell her immediately.
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:59 am

Terry listened to Engel’s story, grabbing Ravage and releasing him again a couple times after the wisp tried to fly off towards Clash again.

“So those things are like… Not even supposed to be here?” Terry said once Engel finished his story. “Weird...” He then walked over to Clash with his ears drooped a bit.

“Hey, uhhh… I guess I should like, thank you for separating Ravage and I. I don’t have any control over what I do when he does, so I always fear having to fuse with him. Once Ravage decides he’s done, which is usually whenever he almost runs out of Hyper-Go-On, I always am afraid that once I open my eyes that I’ll have done something terrible.”

Terry rubbed the back of his neck before continuing, “Look, what I guess I’m trying to say is, uhhh… If you’re not busy that is… Do you think you could help me learn to control Ravage’s power?”
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:39 am

After a slow, shaky breath, a pause and then another, the wolf carefully braces his paws against the ground and slowly pushes himself up from his protective huddle, eventually coming to a stop in a hunched over kneeling position with his back to the rest of the group. He rests his paws against his legs and continues to breathe slowly while keeping his eyes closed.

Last edited by C.S.O. on Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Punctuation and some details)

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:57 am

Engel looks over to Terry and chuckles lightly. "Well of course they are, just as light can' t exist without dark, hope and knowledge can't exist without fear and ignorance. They just aren't suppose to exist in such high numbers. Their growing presence is just one of many signs - Tiranus grows stronger by the day..."

Then he looks back to Clash, noticing his tension. Feeling the vibes coming off of him... He takes a deep breath to try and calm his excitement and remove his smile.
"Is there something wrong, young Kopis...?"
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:34 am

Clash snaps out of it when Engel spoke to him, though, his tension hadn't left.

"N-No, it's just... A lot to take in."

Soon after, Terry started talking to him, the different topic easing his tension enough to talk a little bit more normally, at least.

"Oh, uh..."

Was he asking to learn spiritual control? Couldn't have been anything else, right? Nothing was mentioned...

"S-Sure! I haven't taught anyone how to do that kind of thing before, but I-I can certainly try!"

Clash was shaking, slightly, he needed to get moving, he won't be able to relax until he talks to Pyra.

"M-Maybe another day though? I dunno if I could do anything like that after hearing something that heavy, hehe..." "You got a phone?"
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:01 am

“Yeah. I’ve got one.” Terry said as he pulled a very cheap-looking phone out from within his cloak. “Don’t be surprised if I don’t answer though. I go through these things like crazy with this little demon around.” He motioned to Ravage who growled back through gritted fangs. He held it out to Clash and said,

“Here. Put in your number and I’ll message you.”
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:03 am

After remaining in a kneeling position for a little while, the wolf finally opens his eyes. His gaze only appears to focus on the ground in front of him. He doesn't bother to look around the clearing or towards the three other individuals standing nearby in conversation. He doesn't even appear to look over his now mud smeared self.

After several moments like this, the wolf finally moves, reaching forward with his slightly trembling paws to once again take hold of his short swords that had been lying in the mud on either side of the impression he'd made while cowering there. He grabs hold of the hilt of each blade, clenching his paws tightly then slowly and carefully climbs back to his feet.

Without a word or glance towards the trio, he starts walking back to where he'd dropped his backpack a short time ago.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:20 pm

"I can imagine." He responds in a low voice as Clash changes his focus to Terry.

He was getting a little suspicious of Clash - the most competent and knowledgable fighter against the Nightmares(at least as far as he could judge), who was the only one not Fear Flashed... Yet he's this freaked out.
Seems like he suddenly had personal stakes...

He decided to head out then, his business was done.
Noticing the wolf walk off in one way ro grab his stuff, Engel started walking the opposite direction. He pulls out his notepad, looking over it as he walked.
He then continues writing as he passed some trees into the darkness of the jungle...
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:43 pm

Clash puts in his number on Terry's phone, he'd make sure to message the number back to him just in case Ravage did wreck his phone.

After that was done, he noticed Engel had gone, which was slightly relieving for some reason, as well the Wolf who was now gathering his things. Clash'd wave to him before turning back to Terry.

"I really gotta get moving now, but I'll see you sometime in the next few days, promise!"

Clash would then start running off. He had something to do.
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:31 pm

Terry nodded to Clash, before he lifted his hood back up and was about to go on his way into the forest, but then paused for a moment before turning the other direction to head out of the forest.

‘I think I’m done with the wilderness for today.’ He thought to himself as he walked, Ravage flowing close behind. His blank face turned to a very subtle smile. He had fouled a chance to learn how to control the power of his wisp… He wouldn’t say ‘partner,’ rather more ‘acquaintance.’ If he was able to control Ravage’s power, he wouldn’t have to worry about what he does while he’s fused with them, because he would be the one in control.
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:30 am

The wolf makes his way over to his backpack.

He's faintly aware that the trio who had been here were making their way out of the area, without any such words to him on the way out. To be honest, he was glad about that to some degree. He really didn't want to speak with any of them under the current circumstances.

He was still very shaken by what he'd experienced and he just wanted to get out of there and go somewhere safe. Back to what he considered home would probably be best. There would be someone there he could talk with and perhaps there would even be someone there to help him put the pieces back together.

It was very distressing for him that his past could still frighten him so much. He'd need to find some way to cope, especially when there were beings that could do... whatever it was that had just happen to him as a result of it.

As everyone else had now departed by this point, the wolf drops to his knees and wraps his arms around his backpack while getting hold of his cloak. He closes his eyes for a few moments, takes a couple of deep breaths... and then was gone.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4