Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Draw To Adopt (one of my characters)

3 posters

Go down

Draw To Adopt (one of my characters) Empty Draw To Adopt (one of my characters)

Post by Dione Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:28 pm

Hey everyone! It me, Dione

I'm here with a bit of an announcement for the whole website; I'm going to be giving away my character Ira (and with him Ayuna as well) to someone here on the site. If you're interested, please keep reading! I'll attach pictures of both characters below, so you'll have a visual of who I'm talking about, especially since anyone who joined after 2019 won't know who he even is and what he looks like. 

I'll start with a bit of explanation about him and why I've come to this decision. 

Ira was the second fan character I ever made, and I'm honestly quite proud of his design and the stages he's gone through/the development he's had over the years, design wise. However.. I've just grown really detached from him over the years. He doesn't fit with any of my lore anymore, and he kinda just... exists. He's sitting in the dusty corner of my ToyHouse, doing nothing at all. I want to change that. 
Now, you might be wondering, "Dione, why not just retcon all of his lore/personality and rewrite him as a character that fits into your existing cast?" And to that I say, good question! 
I feel like if I did that, it wouldn't work for multiple reasons, the biggest two being 
1) I don't have any idea where he would fit into what I currently have and 
2) I would still see him as the edgy boy he is at the moment
I would rather someone else took him, made him into something they like/want/envision for him, and have it be their character completely anew. Give him a new start with a different writer so to speak. 
I understand this might all sound a little sentimental, but that is because eventhough I've grown detached from him as a character, he's still a little special to me due to how early on in my time on this site he was created. 

Now on to the more fun stuff! 

So as you've probably read in the title of this post, this is going to be a "Draw to Adopt" (DTA) event. What does that mean? I'll explain to you!

A DTA is almost like a raffle, but instead of putting in a little money, or even getting a ticket for free or by other trades, you enter a piece of artwork to enter the thing! This can range from a small sketch, all the way down to a fully rendered scene. 
In this case, to me it doesn't matter. Skill in art won't matter either, so if you're a beginner artist you will have as much chance as a seasoned pro. The thing that matters most to me is the thought and intention that went into the piece. I will put a list down below of what media I will accept to enter, and the conditions for everything. I must say, I will be relatively picky on who wins, because of the previously mentioned things. 

This seems like a good moment to actually introduce you to the kids in question!

First up is Ira (Link to ToyHouse bio)
Draw To Adopt (one of my characters) 12779269_3HOqREogzRE0RrN
Draw To Adopt (one of my characters) 2052975_j42KQxaDsmK48YA
(Second picture is drawn by MultiLefaiye)

Ira (in my lore) is a bloodbender from an ancient tribe, but you don't have to keep any of that! All of his lore can be retconned and/or changed to your liking, after all, he'll be your character if you win him. The only thing I'll ask is that you keep his design close to what he looks like now. Obviously tweaks are fine, but I only ask you don't completely overhaul him appearance wise.

Secondly is Ayuna, the secondary character that comes with him automatically if you win! Link to ToyHouse profile
Draw To Adopt (one of my characters) 6938255_ijXQfRar7NXEjeu
The reason she comes for free, is because she basically only has a half body design, and not as much art. She's Ira's boyfriend and partner in crime. Again, all of that can be retconned and changed to your liking! I'm not as fussed about changing her design, as I really don't have much attachment to her at all, and since, well, there isn't much design to change to start with hahaha.

If you're still reading, I really thank you, because this is really important to me, and I appreciate the time you took to get this far. We're almost there, I'm just gonna post down the technicalities of everything and then we're done! 

So as I mentioned, I was gonna post the rules here!
1) Media forms allowed: 
    - Digital art in any form (like mentioned, anything from sketches to full renders)
    - Traditional art (same thing as for digital)
    - 3D models
    - Literature (bonus points for writing something with Ira in the way you want him to be as a character!)
    - Music (think of themes or aesthetic pieces) 
    - If you have another skill I forget here, please let me know below and I'll edit the list
2) I won't be looking at the quality of the piece of work you submit, but rather the thought that went into it. If you don't have much time or resources, but still want to enter, that's completely fine, as long as it's visible that you're in it for the right reasons
3) When enough people have signed up for this, I will post a deadline for the DTA event, including a timezone. Once all entries are in, I will compile everything into a ZIP file along with the currently existing art the two characters have, and prepare it to be sent out to the winner
4) If you have any other questions, please let me know and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! If the ToyHouse links above aren't working, let me know as well, and I'll fix it (:

I really hope you guys are interested in this. I want Ira to go to a good home <3 Thank you guys so much for reading!

Last edited by Dione on Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Draw To Adopt (one of my characters) Empty Re: Draw To Adopt (one of my characters)

Post by Dione Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:38 pm

I forgot to add, and it's pretty important, if you do wanna sign up for this, please reply to this thread with 

- Your name 
- The art form you would like to submit with
- The reason you're signing up for this/the ideas you have for the characters
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Draw To Adopt (one of my characters) Empty Re: Draw To Adopt (one of my characters)

Post by RezTheFalcon Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:53 am

Name: RezTheFalcon

Art Form: Sketch maybe a digital artwork

Reason/Ideas: I feel like I could put these characters to good use as possible specialized agents of my underground crime syndicate, "the Black Rose."

Essentially, they are somewhat of a super soldier that underwent special tests to give them powers. These powers would still be the blood bending they already have. I really liked the concept and think it is something unique that shouldn't be changed about them.
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninathelioness Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:29 pm

Name: Ninathelioness
Art Form: Digital art (Maybe even a mini comic thing if I feel like it)
Reason/Ideas: I really like the design of the characters and I think that the creative freedom given to the winner could give me a chance to utilize them in unique ways and maybe form an entire narrative around them and play around with personalities that I haven't really portrayed before
Ninathelioness
Ninathelioness

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:22 pm

That's two people who have signed up so far! I'm gonna put a deadline on sign-ups now, so if you wanna join in still, be sure to do so before the deadline! 

Deadline will be:

==SUNDAY 18-04-2021, 12.00PM GMT==

After this, you can't sign up for the DTA anymore, and I will announce the deadline for submissions as well.
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:01 pm

Alrighty, that's the sign ups closed! It looks like we have 2 
contenders, Shalina and Rez!

Thank you both so much for showing interest and entering! I can't wait to see your submissions and choose a winner! I'm really interested in what either of you is gonna do with them, and I'm sure both of you would make a good home for them! 

Now, the deadline for the submissions will be in 3 weeks from now! If both of you decide to submit your entries earlier than that, then obviously we won't have to wait until the deadline to have a result and a winner! Please post your submissions under this thread so it's easy to find for me, and so everyone who is interested can see them! 

So just to put a solid date and time to this, the deadline is:

==SUNDAY 09-05-2021, 15.00PM GMT==
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Fri May 07, 2021 7:06 am

Here's my sketch of the redesign. If I do win, I want to make a full color version. I just feel like if I don't post this now, I won't have time to finish it over these next couple days. Anyway, here you go Dione! Ira, Rez-ified!

Draw To Adopt (one of my characters) Img_2016
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninathelioness Fri May 07, 2021 9:18 am

Here is what I have so far. It's a work in progress but I think it's coming along nicely Draw To Adopt (one of my characters) Partne14

Last edited by Ninathelioness on Sun May 09, 2021 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because I made progress in the art)
Ninathelioness
Ninathelioness

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Fri May 07, 2021 9:58 pm

I finished up the color artwork.

Draw To Adopt (one of my characters) Untitl10
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Sun May 09, 2021 4:59 pm

WOOOOOooOoOoOoOOOoo I got very caught up with work stuff but the submissions are now closed!! 

Thank you both so much for the interest and the hard work you put into this, I'll be looking at both submissions later today, and hopefully I'll have come to my conclusion by either tonight or tomorrow. I'll keep you guys updated! <3
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Sun May 09, 2021 8:53 pm

Alright, after much consideration and thinking, I've come to a conclusion. Ira's very dear to me, since he was the second character I ever created, so a lot of factors weighed in on this decesion. 

Before I announce the winner, and take up in private with them how we're going to transfer everything to them, I'd like to thank the both of you again for the interest in these characters. It's nice to see that people were willing to take them in and give them a second home.

Then now for the exciting part.

The winner of this DTA is...

RezTheFalcon

I have multiple reasons for this choice, but it did come quite close. I loved both submissions you guys put forward, but Rez's stood out a little more to me. Congratulations on the win! 

I do ask Nina to finish her artwork, so it can get added to Ira's gallery on ToyHouse at some point.

Once again, thank you guys both so much for participating in this, I hope you guys had fun in doing so <3
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down