Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seraph can't draw

5 posters

Go down

Seraph can't draw Empty Seraph can't draw

Post by Seraph Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:02 pm

Okay, so my art (which is probably insulting to refer to as such around real artists).. I don't draw a whole lot, but I do like to make crappy 3D renders, so um, yeah. *throws art at you*
I had to crop the first one because it maaay have been a bit NSFW. You'd have to know it's there to see it, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Seraph can't draw Chryss10
Seraph can't draw Isi_sm10
Seraph
Seraph
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Seraph can't draw Empty Re: Seraph can't draw

Post by ForevaYoung Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:04 pm

Hey no bishy bashy of your art. 3d rendering is a lot of hard work and these look amazing! They actually look like game character models and they're really nicely done indeed!
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:42 pm

Hellooo
I don't know you! Nice to meet you! xp

In all seriousness though, this looks pretty rad. The renders look very realistic and just like Foreva said, as if they could be part of a video game!

Can't wait to see more of these!
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:59 pm

I definitely agree with everyone else on how realistic they are. Plus, drawing is a hell of a lot easier than 3d modelling! I especially love the lighting on the second one. It looks... Mysterious.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:39 pm

Oh my gosh, thank you so much everyone! Very Happy I wasn't really expecting anyone to like them, so this is a really nice surprise hehe. ^_^ I'll be sure to post some more soon.

I can't take credit for the modeling, though. These are built off of DAZ's Genesis 3 model; I just apply morphs and sometimes do some mesh adjustments. The most I can make from scratch are clothes or a low-poly animal of some sort.

Oh and hi, Dione! Nice to meet you too ^_^
Seraph
Seraph
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:38 pm

I have a few renders I'd like to post here, but they need to be resized and probably cropped, so meh. I'm too lazy right now.

Anyway, here are a couple of character designs I've come up with.
Seraph can't draw Sylphp11Help I don't know how to draw Sonic OC beaks This first one is a demoiselle crane (they're really beautiful birds) I've named Sylph; she's going to be some kind of air elemental mage ..thingy. I'll figure out the details later lol. While I'm satisfied with the design of the character herself, I'm not sure about her clothing. I just.. meh, I dunno. I feel like it doesn't quite look right.

Seraph can't draw Rhonar10 This one is a kelpie, which isn't a real animal, but considering there are demon characters on here, I think it's okay?? Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Overall, I'm happy with her design. (Aside from the face, which looks more like a weird cat than a horse, but that's because I fail at drawing Sonic faces.) I'm not sure about the legs, though. They don't fit in well with other Sonic characters, but I'm afraid that with normal legs, it wouldn't be clear that she's meant to be a horse creature.
Seraph
Seraph
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:52 pm

Ahh the Kelpies. Gotta love folklore Smile

Seriously though, your designs are really nice to look at (Also welcome to the club of not knowing how to draw beaks). It looks like one though, so I don't think there's anything wrong with it at all :3
I do have to say that Sylph has an air bender look to her, with the baggy clothing anyways, which is nice. Simple is always a good starting point then you can look back in the future if you feel you can expand on it as well.

The anatomy on the Kelpie design is beautiful by the way! The legs are so different to the usual, but that's a good thing. I especially like the little scales you've added in to her, and I think the nose looks fine for Mobian style anyways. Very Happy
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:44 pm

I gotta say, I damn well love your art style! To be honest, after seeing Mae and Myron, I was wondering if you did any other drawing and, yeah, I can definitely say that I love your art! The crane definitely gives off mysterious mage vibes, and, to be honest, the clothes do fit the theme, in a way. (Don't worry about the beak, anyway! It looks fine, trust me, and beaks are hard for the best of us!))
The kelpie, while I personally haven't heard of them, is also really interesting! Like, she gives off a very... Supernatural, ghostly sort of thing. Maybe it's her facial expression, I dunno. The legs are great, anyway! People generally do have hooves on horse-type characters around here, anyway!
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:39 am

-steals the Kelpie and runs off- SHE'S MINE NOW

Okay, I love this one?? Like, I really like her design?? And it's so creative?? I've never seen a kelpie character before and I really dig the folklore (I've done some research on kelpies and man they're cOOL). Does this character shapeshift too? And if so, in what ways? 

I'm just really fond of her design and the creativity put into it and I'd love to see more of her! (Also those hooves and legs look absolutely fine~)

As for the birb, she looks majestic af. Like, she looks like she's someone who'd not hesitate to fight you if you make her angry. I really like the clothes as well, it suits her design and just like ForevaYoung said, she gives off an airbender vibe which is p/ cool! 

Yes, keep up the good work and post moar because I like looking at your art (both the renders and the drawings c: )
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:17 pm

Oh wow, thank you so much you three! Very Happy I'm my own worst critic, so I really appreciate the feedback. It helps a lot. Thank you! :3

And I'm so glad you can tell they're scales, Foreva. I wasn't sure if others would be able to tell they're scales after I sat back and looked at the finished result. But as I said, I'm apparently biased against myself lmao.

Supernatural and ghostly was what I was going for, Red Blur, so I'm happy that's the impression she gives. ^-^ Kelpies are like these evil, demonic horse entities. They live in lakes and swamps and such, and they drag people into the water to drown and eat them.

NUUUU MY KELPIE lol
I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes kelpies, Dione. Smile As for the shapeshifting, I've thought about it, but I haven't developed her enough yet to know for certain if she'll have that ability. I have a bad habit of drawing characters before I've developed them, and then either end up shaping the character around the design, or tweaking the design a bit to suit the character. I'll come up with a role she needs to fill, then build the backstory and abilities to support that.

If she does shapeshift, though, it'll probably be into some pretty, evil merlady thing. Just so I have an excuse to draw one.

Also, you've got what I've developed of Sylph's personality so far down perfectly. XD
Seraph
Seraph
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:18 pm

All righty, so here are those renders I wanted to upload. I actually have more, but that would make for quite the long post, so I'll just post these three for now.
Seraph can't draw Lailah10
I was quite the newb at Marvelous Designer back when I made this (still am really, just less of one lol), so the dress is pretty blocky. I sorta like it anyway, though.

Seraph can't draw Raph0510
This is one of my 2364385650780 angel characters, Raphael. He's adorable and has dimples, and is too precious for this world. He's also kind of a huge manslut.

Seraph can't draw Raph_a10
Another one of Raph. I made this as a ref for a roleplay I'm in, but I really liked how it turned out.
Seraph
Seraph
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:06 pm

let me steal raphael AND that dress please

And ssshhhooooot, duuuuuuude. These look amazing! I don't have much else to say, just keep it up
(And I'm totally late here but I really like the swan lady design!! Though I can see what you mean about the clothing. Maybe experiment with their colours or something? The shoesies on her are adorable tho ;u; )
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:32 am

Thank you so much, Electrisa! (and sorry for the late reply; I kept meaning to reply then kept falling asleep too early XD)

I did tweak Sylph's design a bit, and I think I'm satisfied with it. I'll have to post the new drawing when I stop being so lazy. lol
Seraph
Seraph
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:03 am

Okay, so I got a new tablet recently, and unlike my old dinosaur, this one has pressure sensitivity. So I've re-drawn Sylph and the kelpie character (who's now named Iona).
Seraph can't draw Sylph210
I like Sylph's new outfit a lot better.
Seraph can't draw Ionafl10
Just flat color with this one for now. I'm tired and shading is my enemy.
Seraph can't draw Sphinx10
And this is really just a design I decided to make. She's a sphinx (based off the Greek variant; the one with the "four legs, two legs, three legs" riddle that Oedipus had to solve). I just wanted to see if I could make a sphinx in a Mobian-like style. I probably won't ever make anything out of her, though.
Seraph
Seraph
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:15 am

Iona sounds like a perfect fit for her! 

Oml I just... Why. You honestly have such good skills. I am loving the amount of detail you put in to your drawings as well, and I am so jelly of how well you draw feet! 

I must say, Sylph is looking pretty casual just chilling in that picture but awesome all the same. And the new outfit is looking pretty darn snazzy too! 

Iona just looks like such a pleasant girl. I really hope to see more of her as she's very unique (that and I still stand by that kelpies are the best scary monsters who appear innocent until it's too mate. Mermaids? Pfft no thanks.) 

ANYWAY, yes. I like very much and I'm sorry for going on a ramble a bit there Wink
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:04 am

Thank you so much Foreva! ^-^ You're too kind (though I'd have to add that your drawing skills are way better than my own).

I'm so glad you like the new art of Sylph and Iona, and don't worry, you'll be seeing more of the kelpie. Smile I was drawing out a form she'll shapeshift into before I got too busy. In fact, as soon as I get her developed enough, I'm planning on RPing with her.

Oh and sorry for the lateness and inactivity, by the way. Real life hit me hard for a bit. lol
Seraph
Seraph
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down