Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Returning Home

3 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Returning Home Empty Returning Home

Post by TheBardPrincess Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:52 am

It's been many years since she and her sister were last in Station Square, not that they quite remember it. Their family escaped the damage of Perfect Chaos and moved to away to the UF countryside, where they were raised. 
It was only about a year ago the two decided to move out after some drama with their family, and primarily because Julie loved the beach, they found an apartment in Station Square and have been living in the area for a few months now. 

Cut to now, a young, red avian woman was walking down the sidewalk heading to a nearby hot dog vendor with a confident, relaxed smile. For her it was just another boring day, but she really didn't mind in the end. 
She's found quite a bit of "work" around town, keeping her entertained. Enough to pay for the apartment, though no one really knows what her job is. 
Tall, for a Mobian, and kinda plump, she looks a little try hard, like she's the kinda girl who'd challenge you to a fight then get wiped across the floor and you'd enjoy it. 
It wasn't long before she reached the line to the vendor, and she pouts a little at its length. 
"Great. Hopefully it doesn't take too long, otherwise I'm not gonna be too pleasant when I reach the vendor dude." She snarks to no one in particular.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

http://pyrode.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Returning Home Empty Re: Returning Home

Post by KingOfGames Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:11 am

A young brown hedgehog was going for a run that day, a little farther away from his home, but it didn't really matter, ending up close to the hot dog vendor's line.

"Oh jeez, I was gonna have a snack but looks like luck isn't on my side..."

He then notices the bird, who seemed to share the same sentiment, perhaps they could bother each other while the line passed.
He walks to the end of the line and tries to start conversation.

"Is this stand popular or something? I haven't seen one this long in a while."
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:46 am

"Station Square. I've always wanted to visit this place, but I've just never had the time to. What with my training and all." Said a young orca walking along the streets of the wondrous city. Her stomach suddenly growled in hunger.

'Hmm. Where can a girl get some food around here?' She thought to herself.

She continued down the sidewalk to try and find someplace to get some food, when she almost bumped into somebody, a hedgehog. She peeked around the mobian and saw there was a long line leading to a hot dog cart.

'Must be a good hot dog if there is this long a line for a measly sidewalk cart.' The Orca thought.

"Excuse me, do you know how much these hog dogs cost?" She asked the hedgehog in front of her as she checked her ring bag.

RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:42 am

The bird's attention was certainly got, and she looked back at the hedgehog with curiosity. 
"Uh, honestly, I don't know. I guess? Maybe people were just especially hungry right now, it is lunchtime for most after all." The phoenix girl reasoned, as she sized the hedgehog up. 
The orca came behind the hedgehog and asked about the price, which she just shrugged at. "Around 10 rings I think. Not too bad for vendor hot dogs.
The line moves up by one, with Pyra stepping forward, and putting a wing on her hip as she waited again. 
She looks back at the two behind her again. "So, hey, what's your names? I'm Pyra."
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:34 am

The hedgehog was about to answer the orca's question before the phoenix answered for him, as she checked him out.

Right after doing the same, showing a bit of admiration for her feathers, she had asked for his name.

"Ah, I'm Clash, it's nice to meet you Pyra!" "And same to you miss..." He looks towards the orca as he says this.
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:20 am

"Quin. But you can call me Screech." The orca said in response to Clash and Pyra.

"Ten rings, huh? Not too bad!" Screech said as she put away her bag. An award silence came between the small group before Screech asked,

"So, you guys from around here? I myself am from pretty far off. Quite a ways away from here at least."
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:41 am

Screech and Clash. 
"Cool names, nice to meet you guys.

With the awkward silence, they moved up the line again. Three more people before it'd Pyra's turn. 
"My sis and I were born here apparently, but we had to move after a water monster destroyed the city the first time. We only recently moved back a few months ago." She explained in a very matter-of-fact manner.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:48 pm

"Oh! Chaos right?" "I heard that this city got destroyed by that guy years ago."

Clash seemed excited as he started talking again

"I kinda wish I was there during that time, the remains would have been a great obstacle course!"
"Not to mention the big guy himself, I bet I could take him on with a bit of help!"

Clash then realizes that he might go on a tangent so he stopped himself there.

"O-Oh, wait, sorry if that was insensitive, what happened was very unfortunate and I'm glad things turned out alright for you in the end."
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:40 pm

"A water monster, huh? I think I remember hearing about that. I also heard some rumors that it was stopped by a flying, yellow hedgehog. Crazy right?"

Screech looked around the city intensively. She then turned her head back to Clash and Pyra.

"They seem to have cleaned up most of the damage. Can't even really tell something happened here!"

Screech then heard Clash ramble on about how he probably could have beaten Chaos.

'How sweet! He thinks he could have beaten up a fifty foot water monster.' Screech thought as she smiled. Then her smile disappeared as she thought to herself again.

'Maybe there's more to this kid than meets the eye. He seems pretty confident in his abilities. Better keep my eyes open for trouble.'
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:47 pm

Pyra rolls her eyes, and smirks. "Dude, it's fine. If I weren't a baby at the time and the city weren't flooded, I'd agree." Pyra looks back at the two again. "Also, if what my sis told me was true, the Chaos was apparently a God of some sort. I doubt any average guy could take 'em on. Not even me. Just be glad those heroes were around at the time, otherwise the world would probably look more like this city did 20 years ago."

She stretches her wings out. Bored out of her mind, she was glad she had these two to distract her.
"You seem pretty confident. Calling city ruins an obstacle course, thinking you could take on a water monster that big. No offense, I'm just... intrigued. What's your deal?" Her smirk grows a little more across her beak. Screech may have found it concerning...
Pyra saw it as a challenge.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:17 pm

Clash got a little embarrassed at the fact that he tooted his own horn, but he wasn't all bark and no bite.

"The ruins looked like a great place to practice wall-running especially, all the debris and thrashed metal railing, it's just some great platforming!"

It was then that the strategist in Clash started to take hold, time for some rambling!

"As for Chaos himself, yeah, he's a god but as you said, he's still just a giant water monster, with a pretty obvious weak spot."
"Getting to him is the hard part, but if you got close and are quick enough, he's practically defenseless, I bet that yellow hedgehog didn't even need the chaos emeralds, just enough force to break through the water, which they provided."

"Though of course, without a way to dispel the chaos energy, he'd just get back up again after a while, and that's not something I can do by myself, I can tell you that."

Clash then snaps out of it and gets back to the original question.

"A-Ah, sorry, right, 'My deal' is a bit hard to explain but it gives me the ability to at least have the potential to do all of the things I mentioned, and it's also why I'm wearing these."

Clash points at the bracelets and anklets as he finished what he was saying.
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:18 pm

After getting lost in thought about what Clash could do that would be able to help with stopping a god-like creature, Screech was brought back to reality when Clash said something that intrigued her.

"Your bracelets and anklets give you powers? Mine do too! Well, k-kinda. Here, I'll show you!"

Screech then closed her eyes and stood silent. The cyan rings on her wrists started glowing brightly before a cyan energy spear appeared standing up next to her. She reached out to her side and grabbed the spear. She then pulled it in front of her, holding it in both hands.

"These bracelets belonged to my mother." Screech said as she slid a hand down the grip of the weapon.
"But... That was a long time ago."

A small tear dripped down the mobian's face. She wiped it away before saying,

"A-anyway, what can you do Clash? Oh, and before I forget, can you do anything cool Pyra?"
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:30 am

As Clash continued rambling, Pyra quickly began losing focus, hearing nothing but blas. When they seemed to be done, she crossed her wings and cocked a brow.
"You... really thought this through, did you?" She didn't seem too impressed.
Screech hears Clash has cool abilities and decides to show off. Now Pyra's interest was on her.
"Holy crap, that's pretty badas-"

"Hey, can you put the weapon away?" The vendor asks, looking around the two people ahead of Pyra at Screech. Realizing the line moved without them, she begrudgingly steps forward again. She was annoyed, but what could she say? She wanted a hot dog, and would prefer not to be kicked out for making a scene.
Pyra turns back to Screech.
"I can generate fire from my body heat." She explained matter-of-fact, with a hint of annoyance in her voice after the vendor revealed themselves to be a dick. In front of her, hidden from the vendor's view, she waves her wing in a circle, creating a trail of flames that dissipate into the air as smoke.
"What about you, Clash?" Hopefully he could show off without pissing off the vendor.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:59 am

Clash was at first intrigued about what Screech's bracelets could do, staring in awe as she was focusing, but then when the spear appeared he was not as intrigued.

"W-Wait! Tell, don't show! We're in a line here!"

But she had already been yelled at, Clash now also seeing that the line moved as he was talking, now feeling kind of ashamed for not waiting until they got their dogs.
Afterwards, Pyra had shown her ability, which Clash was impressed by, and when she had asked what his ability was, he got a little worried.

"I'd love to explain, and show you, but I feel that we should get our hot dogs first so we don't wait up the line again, or piss off the lovely vendor here."

Clash then goes into a whisper

"And, perhaps, if it feels right, I could use them on 'em."
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:10 am

After hearing the vendor "kindly" ask Screech to put away her weapon, Screech replied to the vendor,

"Oh! I'm so sorry sir!"

Screech released the weapon from her grip, and the spear disappeared in a small flash of light.

'Guess they have different laws about openly carrying weapons than we do in my village.' Screech thought. 'Or maybe this guy is just a jerk,'

Screech handed the vendor her ten rings, and the vendor gave Screech her hot dog. Screech then followed behind Clash and Pyra, as the avian mobian waved her hand in a circle to create a ring of fire that quickly dissipated. Impressed, Screech came a little closer to Pyra.

"That's really cool! I have another power, but I think now is not the best time to use it." Screech said as she scratched the back of her head. "It can get a little... uhhh... destructive."
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:46 am

Pyra had paid up her 10 rings, got her hot dog, and decided to wait for Clash to get his before they walked off together.
She was thinking of asking for a spar, hearing about and seeing powers were one thing. Actually experiencing the powers was another.
She takes a bite from her hot dog, and after swallowing she decided to speak up. "Hey, question guys - are you guys busy? Maybe after our hot dogs we could... I don't know, head to the ruins' field and have a spar there?"
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:18 am

Clash seriously thinks about doing something funny, but ends up leaving the man alone. So he gets his hot dog and leaves towards the group.

"Nah, I'm not doing anything, going for a spar would be great!"

Clash inhales the hot dog, waiting for Pyra to lead the way.
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:25 am

Screech started eating her hot dog, and after swallowing a bite replied to Pyra,

"Sure! I was actually planning to go see the ruins next in the first place."

She gulped down the last few bites of her lunch and finished with saying,

"I agree with the other thing you said as well, What's the point of bragging about powers if you can't show them off? Lead the way!"
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:15 am

Pyra nods and chuckles softly. Seems everyone was in complete agreement as to how they should next spend their time together.
This should be fun. "Alright, let's go!"

It wouldn't be long before they reached the train station, where Schreech and Pyra likely would have finished their lunch. The announcer informs the civilians in the station that the train would be heading to the Mystic Ruins, and they got on the train just in time.
On the way, Pyra looked out the window of the train, seeing the scenery pass by. It was surprisingly soothing, especially imagining herself flying through the sky, above the ocean...

Eventually the train would stop, and the three would get off. Pyra, being Pyra, rather than using the stairs proceeded to jump off from the platform, catch some air under wing, then after doing a flip in mid-air she landed in some grass.
"[color=#990000]Whooo!" she calls out, spreading her wings out in triumph before turning to face the other two. "Let me know when you guys are ready!" She seems pretty excited to kick her new friends' butts.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:38 am

Clash during the train ride seemed to talk to himself the whole time, occasionally getting frustrated or laughing, at what, nobody knew.

When Clash gets off, he sees Pyra do her little stunt smirking at it all the while.

"Oh, I'm ready alright!"

As he said that, he jumps onto the railing along the stairs and grinds into a jump, where he rapidly spins horizontally until he lands, where he spins into a pose with his fingers shaped into a W pointed towards the sky with a face of confidence, like he had done this before.

"I know, a bit show-off-ey, but you left me no choice Pyra!"
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:55 am

Screech stepped towards the exit of the train and as she did, she saw her new friends showing off as they exited the train.

"Hah!" Screech chuckled. "You call that showing off Clash? Then you 'aint seen nothing yet!"

Her bracelets started glowing again. Screech grabbed her spear that had appeared next to her, then slammed the flat side onto the ground, using the weapon like a pole vaulting stick. She flew into the air, over both Pyra and Clash. When she reached maximum height, she threw her spear into a nearby rock, sticking into it horizontally. After doing several flips, she landed on the grip of the spear. As she looked up to her new companions, she shouted,

"Bring it on guys! I'm waiting."
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:30 am

Pyra watches the other two as they perform their stunts, and she relaxes a bit, crossing her wings with a sweet grin. A free-for-all among her and these two cool people? This was gonna be fun.
They both stated they were ready, and she nods in acknowledgement, then gets into a fighting position with her wings balled up into fists and held in front of her.

"Alright, buttmunches. Show me what ya' got!"
Without much warning she brings her wings together, crouches slightly, then swings them outward as flaming feathers fire out at both Clash and Screech, five each, while back flipping to get away from the triangle they were forming for a bit.
Upon landing again, she got back into fighting position and waited to see their response to her fiery projectiles.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:35 pm

Clash had taken off his bracelets before the fight, leading him to gain an intense red aura, red irises, and a more sinister expression on his face.

When the feathers got launched, he spins as the flaming feathers were sent elsewhere, intense heat emanating from him as he does so, and right after, he quickly dashes towards Pyra at a high speed to go for a barrage.
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:52 pm

Screech saw the fiery projectiles coming towards her. She flipped off her spear and pulled it out of the rock, taking a defensive stance with her weapon in front of her. Once the feathers got close enough, Screech spun her spear in front of her, deflecting each one of the feathers.

"You'll have to try harder than that if you want to beat me!" Screech said enthusiastically.

Screech noticed Clash running towards Pyra. She held her spear up in the air, and then threw it like a javelin. It landed between Pyra and Clash, Screech attempting to possibly trip Clash as he was running.
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:19 pm

"Oh, I'm just getting warmed up!"
Ha.
Ha.
Ha.

Clash ran at her but Screech throws her spear in front of Clash. Pyra had already begun running before hand, leaving a trail of embers behind her, but when the spear landed she stopped for a second, jumped over it with a flip, then went in for a flaming axe kick downward at Clash.

The embers remained - odd for someone like Pyra to have such a strategic area control move under her belt.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next