Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trouble in Paradise

4 posters

Go down

Trouble in Paradise Empty Trouble in Paradise

Post by Bryni the Wolf Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:14 pm

"Kantar town, capital of Paradise plains, has been under attack by bandits and treasure hunters who are after the town's massive gold vein. Which is in the caves underneath the town. They are still looking for warriors and mercenaries to help rid the town of these thieves."

"Hmm." A wolf said, after hearing the news report on a TV inside the electronics store he was in.
"Kantar town huh? In Paradise plains too. Guess I'm going on a trip today." The wolf said as he slung his longsword onto his shoulder.
Bryni the Wolf
Bryni the Wolf
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Trouble in Paradise Empty Re: Trouble in Paradise

Post by RezTheFalcon Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:22 pm

A gizoid was walking through Central City. He turned a few heads, but most people didn't seem to care. He happened to walk by an electronics store with televisions in the window. The news was on, the reporter was talking about Kantar Town. The gizoid stopped and turned towards the store window to listen.

After listening to the news story, the gizoid decided he would go to Kantar Town. He might be able to scan some new abilities to add to his battle data.

The gizoid turned to a nearby human.

=Greetings human. Which way to Paradise Plains?=

The human then pointed the gizoid in the right direction.

=Thank you human. I will be on my way now.=

The gizoid then headed in the direction he was given towards the bandit ridden town.
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:04 pm

( OOC: I'm going to hold off posting for now. My character would likely be going straight to Kantar Town, so I'll post after the rest of the group gets there. )

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Giblyguy999 Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:37 am

(Sorry for being late, but now i'm on track !)

I am a firm believer of Karmic retribution.

This is usually why I hate taking decisions without a bit of thoughts behind them. And, I admit, I always find it cathartic when it strikes in the right places. But having the capital of a place called Paradise Plains being invaded by ne’er do wells was an instance of cruel karma. But as harsh at it may, that was just what I needed.
Things had been way calm as of yet and even if it was a good thing I, ironically, was left without a goal. The news were surely troublesome and those people needed help. I could not just stay there and let it resolve by itself.  

Had to make some research on the town to be prepared and found less than I expected. Except from the overall size and location of the place there was no indication about why criminals would attack it in such number. I had a hunch that maybe the town was not that calm after all, maybe all of it was just a gang war that got out of hand. Or maybe that’s the usual uneventfulness of the place that led them here. Less resistance to be seen. Either way there were surely other people like me to go there. Not that being alone would stop me but it be severely harder than it needs to be.

I had my battered pick up rolling on the road leading to the town. Only an hour in and I wanted to just strangle the person responsible for signaling the way. At one point I manage to find the main road but not without taking detours and U turns over and over again. Passed this point was now a straight line stretching in front of me. Repetitive. Boring. Not a good impression when I’m approaching “Paradise”.

Suddenly a small glimpse of light caught my eyes. The sun reflected on something on the side of the road. I slowed back in case it would cross in front of me, only to make sense of it. A…sword ? Shining, resting on the shoulder of a young wolf. This surely was surprising to see a teen walking alone on this boring landscape. I was technically sure that this was the right way but since he was here it wouldn’t hurt to assure myself of it.
I carefully drove until I matched his pace before stopping. Moving my window out of the way and got my head out. Beforehand I tuned down my emotional broadcast as I always do when I interact with people. Unfortunately my tone became more stern than intended as a result.

- Is it the way to Kantar town ?
Giblyguy999
Giblyguy999
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryni the Wolf Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:43 pm

"Yeah. I'm pretty sure anyways. This doesn't quite look like paradise though. It's not very... Paradise like." Bryni answered.
"I expect you're headed to Kantar town as well. I'll see you there!" Bryni said, ignoring the tone of the person in the pickup truck's voice.

When Bryni finally made it to Kantar town, it was worse than the report had said. Anywhere he looked, Bryni saw someone trying to rob or hurt someone else.
'What could have made it this bad?' Bryni thought, but his thoughts were interrupted by a man with a handgun approaching him.
"Give me all your valubles, including that sword! Now!" He said as he held the gun at Bryni's forehead. Bryni's hands instinctively went up. But not too fast, so as not to alarm the man.
"Why don't you put that thing down so I can give them to you?" Bryni said calmly. Then as the man started to lower the gun, Bryni drew his sword, spun, and sliced the handgun in half. All in one motion. He then put the man in a hold with one hand behind his back, so he couldn't get away.
"I need you to leave this town and not come back!" Bryni said to the man, as he lifted the man's arm higher behind him to inflict some pain.
"Agh! Okay okay creep! Just let me go!" The man said with a cry of pain. Bryni then let him go and he ran off in the direction Bryni had come into the town.
"Where are the other warriors?" Bryni wondered out loud.
Bryni the Wolf
Bryni the Wolf
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:11 am

The gizoid was running down a path towards Paradise Plains when their audio sensors heard the noise of a vehicle behind them. The android turned around to see a truck was driving down the path behind them. They hailed down the driver and asked,

=Are you headed to Paradise Plains? I would be most thankful to you if you could give me a ride.=
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:12 pm

( OOC: Passing again. Maybe next cycle. )

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryni the Wolf Mon May 18, 2020 9:38 pm

Bryni was waiting for the other warriors to arrive in Paradise plains. While he waited, he went around preventing crime from happening elsewhere in the town.

(Sorry I skipped you Giblyguy but the story needed to be moved along. Speaking of which. Would the others try to arrive in Paradise plains on their next post? Sorry if I seem to be a little controlling right now!)
Bryni the Wolf
Bryni the Wolf
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Mon May 18, 2020 10:54 pm

(I think I will pass to give Giblyguy's character a chance to answer Xenox's question.)
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down