Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mobius Ring; Ep 1

3 posters

Go down

The Mobius Ring; Ep 1 Empty The Mobius Ring; Ep 1

Post by Dregan Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:40 am

"Welcome... to The Mobius Ring!"

A flash of light, a splash of colour... and the arena was revealed!
And a reasonably-sized arena it was too! Seating just over 1,000, a buzz of energy murmured it's way through the audience, all eyes transfixed on the room's centre. On the Mobius Ring itself.
Despite the grandiose name, it was nothing too spectacular. A relatively standard wrestling ring, silver ropes highlighted against dark posts added the only decor to this otherwise unremarkable sight.
What did stand out however, was the figure stood at the centre of this ring.

"I am Saratheina..." she introduced herself, "And wherever this canvas, these ropes, these posts stand - that is my realm."
The enormous highland cow who dominated the focus of her audience may have been familiar to many. Dressed in gear which seemed to be somewhere between 'handsy brawler' and 'high priestess', she was certainly a unique character on the circuit. In recent times, she'd apparated onto the scene with the Chapel Of Wrestling Spirits - a Trinus-based weekly show where she pitted competitors against each other in observance of the beauty of combat.
The Mobius Ring however, was something altogether new. Whilst C.O.W.S was constricted to the ex-church in which it was built, the T.M.R project was intended to allow her some more freedom. To move from venue to venue around the globe, presenting a variety of ever-changing talent as it went.

"And in my realm, we fight. We fight for the sheer glory of battle, and for the observance of you... our wonderful audience." As she spoke, she seemed to have no need to raise her tone. Rather, her voice seemed to simply resonate around the chamber as she gestured outwards. It was a voice of power. "As one travels down a mobius strip, they find themselves moving into a spiralling eternity. A forever in which both sides are one and the same. In this way, we carry forth the philosophy of battle. Where The Mobius Ring begins, it also ends - a battle for supremacy moving forward and forward into that same forever."

As she spoke, a light slowly rose highlighting a ramp leading from the backstage area to the ring Saratheina currently resided in. Following the growing light with their gaze, those watching would find their eyes drawn up to a large screen placed just above this entrance. On it, various faces appeared.

"Tonight, we shall be introducing you to your combatants, in a free-for-all contest that will see each and every one duke it out in the hopes of catching your eye. And mine..." she gestured to the screen, and a series of clips were showcased - small videos of each of the wrestlers competing in various other territories, exampling their talent, "In this Rumble you will be introduced to them as fighters. But first... I will allow each of them to introduce themselves as individuals..."

Suddenly, the lights dimmed in the arena, allowing all focus to fall onto that large screen. On it, a series of promos played, introducing The Mobius Ring's wrestlers to the collected crowd...

Hello and welcome to The Mobius Ring, what should hopefully be a fun li'l series of wrestling-based RPs!
This RP will act as a small little fun thing to introduce some characters and get the ball rolling. I'll give all y'all chance to RP a short 'promo video' now with your characters talking about themselves. These li'l promo vids will also sorta count as the 'sign-up' for this particular RP. If you miss your chance on this one, there may be more in future.
Each person may have up to two characters active in T.M.R at any one time. If you want two in the Rumble, don't feel you have to post both promos/sign-ups at once in a single post - just as long as both are up by the time the Rumble begins!
Have fun, and any questions, feel free to message me! Will give it a week before I move on!
Will be posting a couple of promos in the week to add my own characters to the mix!
Ciao for now!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

The Mobius Ring; Ep 1 Empty Re: The Mobius Ring; Ep 1

Post by Hellez Bellez Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:57 am

The very first video began to play upon the screen. The lighting around the arena changing to that of a rainbow coloured flash, bright reds, blues, yellows and greens flared throughout the stage. Before the screen transitioned with a star effect.

Suddenly, face to face with the camera, was a tiger with fur white as snow, and pink stripes to match her bubblegum-coloured hair. She was decked out in a two piece wrestling attire, high cut top and trunks. The amount of stars upon the pink lycra made her pop out as a bright, out-going personality.

"A bright light is coming your way~!" Her voice echoed out with outrageous enthusiasm. Suddenly, cut between her talking, some highlight clips began to play. Showing the woman in her own hometown promotions. Clips showed her using quick, flashy offence. Throwing dropkicks connecting square on her opponent's faces. Flinging her body at the opponent to send them inside out with headscissors, and finally, a crossbody dive from the top rope, down to the floor of the venue.

"My name is StarBright, and I'm here to shine above the rest!" She would point her hand to the camera, sending a wink down. Her personality being displayed nicely with her exaggerated positivity.

The video feed transitioned once more, showing StarBright bringing her opponents head between her legs, hooking both thier arms up with her own, but right before the move, the camera cut back to her.

"I'll burn out all the darkness, with my Star Light Strike~!" She yelled out with fire in her voice, right before the clip cut back to the ring, showing her lifting her opponent by their hooked arms, having them upside down before bringing her momentum forward, driving them face and sternum first to the canvass!

Then, with a bright flash and one more star effect, the video feed transitioned to the next competitor's promo...
Hellez Bellez
Hellez Bellez
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vega Desol Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:22 am

The video then begans to transition, the screen being filled with bright green flashes, loud, trance music being heard over the feed until a black porcupine with neon green stripes appeared in front of the camera. This porcupine, sporting a devilish grin on his face slowly removed his sunglasses....which he was wearing inside.... and put them in his pocket.

"Well, well well! The Mobius Ring! What a big, monumental event, something that will be remembered forever!" His smirk remaining plastered to his face, his neon green eyes making direct contact with the camera. "And how fitting, that you lucky, lucky people are going to be graced with the most handsome wrestler of all time, the one true heart throb, everyone's faaaaavourite wrestler, Axel Heart~" His voice, his expression, his movements, all of them made you want to his hit him in his face, he screamed arrogance and annoyance.

The video began to transition, showing an in ring video of Axel, he was garbed his an attire of black shorts and large boots with more neon green stipe designs. Axel showed some quick, fast movements, leaping from the top rope, running across the running to deliver sharp kicks to his opponents.

The video was about to come to an end, Before showing Axel awaiting his opponent raising to his feet, before raising his leg, connecting his foot to his opponent's chin with a shattering SuperKick!

The video finally showed Axel one more time, zooming in on his face. "I'm the guy every guy wants to be, and every girl wants to be with~ its okay to be jealous, I would be too~" He finally ends that painfully cocky sentence, winking into the camera before the video would finally cut, taking his smug face off the screen.
Vega Desol
Vega Desol
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:19 pm

The next video unveiled a rather large woman who would strikes as... familiar, to those who kept up on the wrestling scene. Having worked for HtR, held championships in FWA, and made various guest appearances in other companies, she was hardly a small-time name, or a new face on the scene.
Towering over many of her fellow female competitors, as well as a fair handful of most of the roster's men too, she was a powerhouse of raw musculature. To further add to this image, the woman's ring gear seemed designed to be less in-line with the tight spandex often expected of the ring, but to look much closer to the leathered armour and furs of an ancient warrior.
This individual was none other than Katherine Redgrave; The Barbarian King!

Sat back on her makeshift throne, a confident smirk absorbed her features. Crossing her thick arms over one another, she closed her eyes to address her audience;
"It's been a while since I've really gotten to stretch my legs..." she declared as smoke rolled around her, "Honor Thy Ring has always been fun. But alas... it's seen better days..."

As the smoke drifted through, images from her original run were projected onto it. Her original Rumble debut before she'd become the 'Barbarian King'. A much more lightweight individual than she was now, a streamlined young kickboxer striking her way through the competition. She'd impressed back then... but never truly achieved much.
Still, through the clips there was an observance of her growing into the challenger she was on now. Putting on muscle, adopting her current moniker. It was a brief little history lesson.

"Over at FWA I fought from the very bottom to the very top..." she spoke out through the mists, "And held their championship to the company's last breath..."

More clips were displayed on the mist. The final days of FWA before it closed down - Kath taking out various challengers to seize their championship for herself.
Since the closing of the company, the belt had been retired with her. It now sat as a permanent fixture of the King's throne room.

"Since then... I've battled on here and there in smaller feds. Letting the world know that The Barbarian King still reigns."

What followed was a slide show of sorts. Quick images and clips of her guest appearances in smaller, indie feds. She was evidently enjoying herself... but it also felt like a step down after what had come before.

"But now... I'm done with travelling place to place. I do not wish to simply 'dominate'." As she took to her feet, the haze around her dispersed - the images fading with them too. Looming over the camera, her form cast a great and imposing silhouette. "I am here for competition. I want a fight, from each and every other competitor here."

Removing her royal cloak, she prepared herself the battle.
"Let's put on a show."
And with that, she cast the cloak over the camera - stealing herself from the audience's sight.

Apologies for the big delay here! Decided to put things somewhat on the backburner whilst the Valentines event was running and sorta taking focus. Hoping to actually start running this proper now so... yeah, here it is!
People have until 21st March to post their introductory promos. I'll hopefully also throw in another character myself during the week to fill things out slightly!
Any questions, feel free to hit me up!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down