Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horizon's End

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Horizon's End Empty Horizon's End

Post by The Red Blur Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:18 pm

Spagonia. 

They had made it. Well, not everyone. Shrike had fallen off of the truck, and when the hedgehog had driven back to fetch him, he was gone. God knows what he wasn't up to, now. Valtiel, on the other hand... She ducked out, simply because of just how dangerous those of the absolute bottom of the hierarchy were. Not to mention, her robot butler was in pretty bad shape, after Caen had done a pretty dumb move to deal with the one named 'Rhyme'.

Still, Caen breathed a sigh of relief as he saw the old grey brick architecture, mixed with the much newer buildings. People mingled about a market that appeared to be going on that weekend. Perfect. This is where they can find the exact location.

"Boubka, Ember, Cinder... Thank you all for coming this far, with me..." Caen said simply, glancing to everyone in the vehicle. "We've still got a ways to go, and we do need some information, but... Let's have some fun, eh? There's a whole market open, so we can do some shopping."

Ember looked out of the window, smiling at the dozens of people walking through the streets. They were all so... Calm. A far cry from the destroyed future she came from. "I can't remember the last time I went shopping..." she said, an air of nostalgia in the tone of her voice. Cinder, Caen's chao, flew up a little so he could also gaze out of the window, and he, too, was impressed by the number of people, as one could tell by him pressing his face against the window and muttering "chao chao..."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Horizon's End Empty Re: Horizon's End

Post by Shrike Marine Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:04 pm

-Well it was not that he was gone, Shrike, being Shrike who was not the best with his way of navigation had gotten himself lost just prior too Spagonia, it would only take him a while too figure out exactly where he was suppose too go after he asked for directions by some locals.

On foot and still good too go Shrike would turn up in Spagonia in a fashionably late sense, running his ass off into the nearest populated area in hopes of getting too Caen and Ember before they reached the place where this final show down was suppose too happen.

Asking several personal if they had seen a Red Hedgehog they all seem too mention the market, so yet again Shrike would have a mix of running and jogging too catch up too them. 

Market place, crap there were a lot of beings around but he knew exactly how too tell it was Caen, clothing for a start and Ember should be with him.

Finally after a couple of minutes of searching he spots the two. Sprinting like mad too catch up too them, totally out of breath by this stage.- 

"Wait!...hold up!...don't....go...further....crap...out of..breath....long ass run too get here...."

-Shrike bent over placing his hands on his knees trying too regain himself.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:19 pm

This sunny day couldn't have had a better start. It was nice and warm, there was a slight breeze and there was a busy market going on in the streets below the hotel a green wolf was staying at. It was her first vacation alone. She had a few weeks free from school and she had been saving up for this moment. It was only two days ago when she arrived at the airport of the big city of Spagonia and she was already loving it. 

There were so many amazing buildings, there was beautiful street art everywhere to be found and the people in general had been so friendly to her so far. The canine jumped up out of bed, took a quick shower and got dressed, combing her hair to undo any tangling that had happened when she was drying her hair. She ran out of the hotel room after grabbing her bag with some water, snacks, her wallet, phone and keys, basically the most standard tourist bag, slamming the door behind her and licking it. 

"Where to first..." She mumbled to herself as she basically leaped down the many stairs of the tall building. She was excited to explore the city freely, without anyone hindering her from going where she wanted to go. "I suppose the market would be a good idea to get some food first." The girl had already done most of the shopping she'd need for the time she would be staying there, but she forgot to get bread and fruit. She walked up to one of the many food stalls and took a moment to decide on what she actually wanted to have for breakfast. 

She decided she was gonna get a few bananas from the fruit dealer and a big chunk of strangely smelling bread from another stand. Not that it smelled bad, it just smelled weird. The wolf wanted to try it anyways, why else would one go on holiday? It tasted surprisingly good, better than most of the types of bread she'd had before. A sigh escaped her as she strolled onwards, down the crowded streets on this morning. "I wonder where I'll go next.."

Last edited by Dione on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:12 pm

So... here he was in Spagonia.

This city was so massive that he actually found it daunting to just be walking around inside of it. He'd been in cities before, but this place made most of them look like villages by comparison. Buildings as far as the eye could see it appeared.

There were many people around as well, and that always set him a bit on edge. He figured that he could handle it for a while... but he thought it might be best if he avoided traveling very far into the city unless he absolutely needed to.

Finding his way to anything was a bit difficult here too, as so many of the buildings looked the same at a distance. He'd already spent the first hour here getting lost before he started asking for directions. Eventually someone directed him towards a hotel that was rather popular for tourists.

Although he didn't really consider himself as a tourist, he took the time to stop there. He got a map of the city that laid out major landmarks, as well as a smaller map of the immediate part of the city he was in, which included more detail about what was offered nearby and where basic necessities could be found, and he also acquired a guidebook to the Spagonia which was quite thick, but offered much more detail about most of the city, which could be handy if he spent more time here.

Tucking the guidebook and city map into his bag for later consulting, he exited the hotel and began using his other map to begin navigating around.

He spent over an hour locating various stores that he thought might be of interest to visit later on once he got settled in. Eventually, he grew somewhat tired of walking and decided he should take a break for a while. As it was, he appeared to now be in a rather expansive marketplace which was already bustling with activity. Resigning himself to dealing with being in this crowd, he carefully makes his way through it and over to a number of benches set in a circle around a tree, where things were marginally quieter.

Stopping in front of one unoccupied bench, the wolf removes his hiking pack and duffle bag, setting them on the ground in front of him. He pauses to stretch his arms up over his head and let out a yawn. Relaxing again he brushes his paws down the front of his dark grey jacket and the upper part of his black pants.

He then turns and sits down on the bench, before reaching up to scratch through his silver fur on the back of his head for a few moments. He glances around, taking in his tiny island of tranquility here, then grabs hold of the map he'd be following for to get here. Holding it back in front of him, he resumes studying it, now trying to decide where to go from here once he was ready to do so.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:39 pm

((Boubka plans on joining next turn, so assuming he is with the group, for now, folks!))

Caen lay back in the seat, taking in a deep breath, before letting out a loud sigh. "Not far to go..." He muttered to himself, before opening the door to get out of the truck. He closed the door behind him, grimacing when he noticed the massive dent in the side, complete with scuffs and scratches to the faded paint job. "I'm glad Titus didn't want this back. This would be expensive to fix," he said simply.

Ember got out of the vehicle on the other side, with Cinder perching himself on her shoulder. She walked around the other side, smirking a little. "You did shunt a motorcycle off a bridge with it, y'know. I'm not surprised it's dented!"
"Mm. Something tells me that wouldn't be enough to deal with those two, though..." Caen replied, locking the truck.

"Right, first thing's first, we need to ask people about this castle," he said, taking a picture out of his pocket. "Convenient that there was a market, today, isn't it?" He asked, looking to the group. 

Before Ember could answer, a familiar voice called above the crowds, as an armoured figure ran towards the group. Caen stated, his mouth agape, before frowning. "Shrike, where did you go? It was a straight line!"
"Long ass run? It was at least 10 miles away! How the hell did you even do that?" Ember answered, just as awestruck as Caen. 

The hedgehog finally shook his head "look, we need to get on and find out exactly where this castle is," he said, turning to the crowds. "So... Who looks knowledgeable? Hmm..."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:55 am

-Leave it up too Shrike too pull the strangest of stunts, one of his kinda quirks, too tiered too really answer truthfully about why he had taken so long too actually get too them, still regaining his breath, no all the easy running with this amount of gear also by the fact he was not a fan or running all the much. 

Yet the two seemed gobsmacked by the fact he was able too do this, here he was expecting at least a "Thank you" for not ditching them but hey at least they didn't tell him too go home.

He lifted his head as he held his hand up indicating too give him a moment before he actually would speak.- 

"I did say navigation is not my strong suite, I also lack your guys mobility..in case you have not noticed, I'm carrying oh..I don't know..maybe a lot of gear which could just be the reason Im slow....Not too mention when I fell off the vehicle it was not such a smooth landing....my back is gonna feel this in the morning.....but hey! You are welcome that I actually came back too find you guys....."

-Shrike rolled his shoulders, cracking his neck before nodding too the fact that they needed intel about the final location.-

"Don't we have some kind of GPS co-ordinates or something for this place...kinda hard too miss a castle of all places." 

-As not too draw too much attention Shrike would holsters his rifle onto his back, rather then carry it in his hands, he had a bad reputation of attracting unwanted attention.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:50 pm

The girl had been wandering through the market for about an hour, looking at cutesy crafts and delicious smelling food when she decided she'd go do some actual sight seeing. "Hmm.. I could go to the university.. they say it's a beautiful building. But there's also word of a sacret shrine.." she muttered to herself. "I could also go to one of the outlook points over the sea as well. Then again..." 

She kept talking to herself as if it was the most normal thing to do, looking down at her phone to look for a map. She nearly crashed into a few people, sending a flush of embarrassment through her cheeks. A few minutes later she saw a nearly empty bench ahead. It was occupied by only one person but if she would sit on the other side of it, nothing awkward would have to happen, right?

Carefully she placed her own backpack on the ground in front of her before sitting down and nodded at the man next to her. He too seemed to be a wolf, a grey/silver.... man? boy? She couldn't quite tell, he looked rather young, yet mature. "Hope you don't mind if I sit here.." She awkwardly scratched the back of her neck and smiled, before turning back to her mumbling to herself. "I suppose I could give the castle a visit as well. It shouldn't be too terribly far away from here.."

Last edited by Dione on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:09 pm

Now that he was settled in, the silver wolf was taking the time to try and pore over the map more intently. This was much easier to do when sitting still rather than walking about. He was disappointed that he couldn't open the map up fully while he sat like this, as there simply wasn't enough space here to do so.

He'd discovered that the map he'd been looking over was a small version of the image on the reverse side of the paper. The only catch was that he'd need to unfold the paper to examine the bigger, more detailed version. He'd probably need a table... or an open patch of ground. Of course... with all the foot traffic here, finding an open area that would remain open appeared to be an extremely difficult task.

Maybe later on he could have a look at it. It just didn't seem like it was going to happen here.

Being so intent on his task, and with all the ambient noise, he barely noticed the approach of a green furred stranger. It wasn't until they had set down a backpack next to the bench, that he realized someone had come to a stop. He silently chided himself for his inattentiveness.

He stares up at her, taking note of her canine features, and realizing that she appeared to be a wolf as well... Only he'd never seen one of such colour. Of course... it wasn't like he was around enough people that the chances of seeing someone so unique were all that high either. She looks a little uncomfortable as she speaks to him after sitting down.

He shakes his head slightly in response.

"No, it's alright. Wouldn't be polite to tell you to go. Not like this thing is mine anyway." he says to her.

With his immediate social requirements seemingly fulfilled, the wolf then looks back towards his map. He plants a finger on the map, about where he currently was, and then looks a bit more closely at what was around him again.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:54 pm

The cyan fox jumped out of the vehicle. "Finally! Spagonia!" Such a beautiful place it was. Now to only find that castle. He had a slight guess of where that castle could be. "Well it must be in the older part of Spagonia. Where we are now is on the edge of the newer part and the older part." Where to new turns into the old. That's where usually most of the tourists are. And there must be a castle closeby.

Shrike seemed to have returned. "Oh wow. Seriously? You came sprinting all the way  to here? I must say Shrike, you really amaze me. Are you really a human and not like...a mobian hybrid or somethin'?" He looked a bit worried at Shrike. "Don't you need to rest for a moment? That fight was pretty hectic. Especially after you coming here from all that way, you must be a bit bummed. I must say I'm a bit tired myself. Why don't we just go walk around this district for a moment. We could do that while we're looking for the castle!" He smiled.

It seemed like Caen was thinking the same thing. "Alright then! Who's comin' with me? I am low on sugars and need something to eat!" He invited the rest to come with them, they could also split up if they wanted, but Bou was already walking towards a café.
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:41 pm

"I dunno, even with my extra mobility, I don't think I could run like ten miles in a couple of hours..." Ember finally saw, frowning as she scratched the back of her head.
Caen sighed, smiling a little, "it's... It's good to have you back, all the same. Thank you, Shrike."

Boubka had finally spoken up, making the good suggestions that the group stop and take a rest, as well as making the green point that they should most likely check the older parts of Spagonia. "Yes... Yes, we all deserve a rest... But, you can... You can all go on ahead. I need to find about this castle, first..."

Ember looked up at Caen ever so slightly "Dad... You can't let this stressed you out too much. We still have time,"
"And I don't want to risk us running out," he looked around, spotting two figures sitting on a bench "ah! There we go, they look like they're not too busy. I'll ask them, first, and then I'll join you, okay?"

Ember nodded, reluctantly joining Boubka, and Shrike as they walked towards a café. 
Caen, meanwhile, walked towards the bench. One of them was obscured by a map, while the other was lying down. He hoped that they wouldn't be too peeved at his disturbance. He cleared his throat "um.. excuse me, do you know of any castles close by to Spagonia?" He asked, speaking quite clearly, his time as friendly as he could make it.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:28 am

-I guess you can say distance running was not a strong suite for him either, clearly by the fact he was still regaining his breath, however the main fact was he didn't just throw in the towel and leave, I guess when he went too ends of the world he meant it..well at least too Spagonia any way. 

Gently adjusting his helmet as he gotten a little unstable with all the running he just did, twisting it a little left and a little right till it fitted perfectly back on.

So it seemed out of the crew that started out those who remained where Caen, Ember and of course Bouka seems like Valtiel and Tala were no where in sight, either bail or something happened that they did not make it here along with them.

Bouka seemed surprised that Shrike actually managed too get here, took him a while but he eventually did, even too the point of questioning Shrikes real origin of being really human, well that was certainly a interesting question along with some concern of the previous fight where he had embarrassingly fell out of the vehicle.-

"Huh, maybe I am maybe I'm not Bouka I guess I'll let you dwell on that in time, I'll be good in about 5 mins, just need too collect myself and be good too go to go once more..I'll be fine..good too see too see you also made here as well..shame about the others but hey..we gotta keep going..the end of the world wont be waiting forever."

-He said as he patted the fox's shoulder seems like Shrike was warming up too him, a bit a rare thing considering Shrikes distrust of most others. Caen on the other hand didn't seem like he wanted too rest, even for a moment, he wanted too find this location and as soon as possible, gravitating over too others asking them for directions while the rest of them remained where they were.-

"I agree with your dad Ember, time is something we just don't have, but we still have a decent enough force between all of us too take the fight too him, I just hope we don't loose any more..and better yet..maybe gain a few more allies too help out."

-He said making some minor adjustments too his gear as he looked up into the sky-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:52 pm

The girl carefully planned out a route, making sure she would come across everything she wanted to visit today. A few of the more well known fountains, a museum she wanted to visit, the university and the castle as her final destination. She made a few screenshots on her phone from the map and grabbed her backpack. 

Dione was just about to stand up and make her way over to one of the places she had chosen to visit today, but something stopped her. She heard a rather familiar voice calling out from the other side of the bench. A red hedgehog seemed to be conversing with the silver wolf whom she shared the bech with. Was that..

"Caen?" Before she even realised what she was doing she stood up and walked towards him to see if it really was him. "Hey! Caen! What are you doing here?" The wolf was confused, to say the least. Out of all people, she didn't expect to see him here.
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:12 pm

While he continues to try and make sense of the map before him, with only some success, the wolf notices the approach of someone else. He glances past the map and spots a red hedgehog who came to a stop a short distance away.

He looks over the hedgehog briefly and pauses as he felt like he'd seen him before... Something about a lake and... some sort of girl with horns was it? Was that even something he'd experienced? The wolf shakes it off. He'd noticed that his memory had been a bit jumbled lately, but hopefully it was something that would pass.

The hedgehog then interrupts any further musing by the wolf and inquires about any castles near Spagonia. The question was one the wolf didn't have a useful answer for. He was still struggling to figure out things that were nearby with the map, so having a stranger ask him about something else that might have been in the city was a tall order. It really left him with only one response.

The wolf shakes his head slowly.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know where you might find a place like that around here." he replies, "I'm not very familiar with this--"

He trails off as the green wolf who'd been sharing the bench with him steps over to the hedgehog, addressing him as Caen, and begins talking to him, cutting off the rest of the wolf's response.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:24 pm

Boubka laughed at Ember's comment made on Caen's stress. "You should listen to your kid somewhat more Caen! She sure seems to know what's up!" He did a thumbs up towards Ember and nodded. Bad bad Bou also didn't notice that the green wolf sitting on that bench was Dione! Probably because he didn't expect her being here, and the fact that this architecture just looked so astounding to him.

As they walked towards the cafe, Shrike said to Boubka that he would keep his species secret. This made Bou's puzzle senses tingle. "Pft. If you say that you keep it a secret..." he smirked. "...That must mean you're not human! Gotcha!" Then he thought something to himself. "Human or not Shrike, maybe you should take that helmet off sometimes. It can get really sweaty in there and cause a lot of infections you know, you wouldn't want that to happen!" Bou wouldn't want that to happen to a friend at least. That would be kind of sad.

He walked into the cafe. "Go look for a table. I'll order. What do you guys wanna have?"
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:30 pm

Caen raised his eyebrow. There was something about this wolf. He knew him, he was sure of it! He couldn't remember the name, exactly, but he was somehow reminded of Tala... How odd.

Before the wolf could finish off his sentence, he was cut off by a familiar voice to Caen's side. He looked over, to spot a friendly green wolf. Dione. God knows what she'd be doing in Spagonia. A long overdue holiday, perhaps?

Caen chuckled a little, scratching the side of his head "oh, just, um... Adventuring, yes!" He said, deciding that it would probably be best to not let Dione know what was going on. It was too dangerous, and she wasn't exactly fantastic in a fight. "Um... Talking of which," he showed Dione the photo he was holding, asking "do you know where this castle is? It's... Um... Important..."

Suddenly, he widened his eyes, turning to the other wolf "oh, I am so sorry! Thanks for the help, Mr. Um... I didn't quite catch your name..."

-------

Ember, meanwhile, sighed as she watched her Dad talk to others, trying to find some semblance of information. "I know, Mr. Shrike, I just... I just worry that I'm driving Dad to his breaking point... It wouldn't be the first time..." She said, practically muttering the last sentence. 
Cinder landed on her head, tapping on her forehead gently, as though he was trying to cheer the hedgehog up!

Ember, trying her best to ignore the Chao, looked at Boubka, with a sort of nostalgic smile "Dad used to always tell me that, even though he never found out just what Shrike was, he was a friend, through and through, to the very end..." She looked up at Shrike "s-sorry, I'm talking like you're not even here!"

Soon enough, they were in the café, and Boubka asked them to find a seat while they ordered. "God, I haven't had anything to drink other than water for so long... Hell, surprised me!" She said, a somewhat cheerful tone to her voice.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:26 am

-Shrike found a spot too sit himself down, slinging his arms over his knees while he would wait for Caen too figure out where the next destination was. This would give him the time too see the more exotic kind of life of the world which he rarely got to see due too his frequent movement from one place too another.

Seemed like Bou had come too his own conclusion of Shrikes origin, strangely enough Shrike either confirmed no denied such a statement, perhaps it was too keep the mystery or leak something. Bou had even stated about removal of his helmet some times, for the sake of course of avoiding such things as infection.

"I think you must be the first too tell me this, the first too suggest removal of it, well I do remove it..when no one is around..other from that I guess more know me because of this helmet then with out it...but one day perhaps, can't keep it hidden forever I guess. 

I do appreciate the thought tho.

-Shrike shifted his attention over too Ember, who seemed concerned that her actions might cause Caen too have a mental break down of the sort, Shrike felt like Caen was a tough guy on the inside feeling like he could handle just about any thing, but as he always knew, every one does have a breaking point one way or the other.-

"I understand what you think Ember, Caen and I and have seen some action before with different situations, in all of them it would of taken a strong being too come out with sanity in check, and your dad did, he is a strong minded guy, gonna take a lot too break a man such as himself. It's a driving force too save the world and your future, since you family you are important too him, family sticks by family that is how it works.

It's alright Ember, Caen was one of the first being too befriend me after the crisis happened, before him I was pretty much on my own, he helped me come back into a world I was cast out of, so I owe him a lot for what he has done, I'd drop any thing too help him in a moments notice."

-Shrike left the two too find a cafe, he felt like if he followed he would draw un wanted attention from the crowd, he would remain outside too watch Caen address two personal on directions, during this he enjoyed the down time.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:39 pm

Dione waited for the other wolf and Caen to finish their conversation before saying anything else again. She felt bad for cutting off the silver wolf before he could even reply properly to the hedgehog. Caen's response to her didn't seem completely complete, however. He seemed to be rather hesitant about telling what was up. Adventuring could mean so many things, it was such a wide concept.

She decided not to prod too much about it, and to shrug it off. As long as he would let her tag along. It would be nice to spend a day with a friend. Especially if he was going to the same castle as she was. After all, how many castles does one city have? When the hedgehog and the other wolf had finished up talking, Dione turned to her red friend. "Hey, I could tag along to the castle. I don't really know the way here, but I have a phone with internet so that should help!" 
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:52 pm

The wolf watches the short exchange between the pair standing in front of him. They appeared to be friends and this would probably lead into them catching up. No place for a stranger to be butting in.

He glances back down towards the map in front of him again, but before he tunes out the pair, Caen addresses him once again. The wolf looks back up at him to address his apology and question.

"It's no problem. You've run into someone you know and I tend to just sort of fade into the background usually. Tends to be my preference." he replies, "As for my name... you may call me Wolf."

Wolf let the conversation lull there, but the green wolf picked up the slack referencing a castle that they each seemed to be looking for, but weren't quite sure where it could be found.

"Well... if you'd like, I have acquired maps of the city... and possibly the surrounding area. I've only gotten to look that this one." he holds up the map in his paws for a moment, "It only covers the immediate area though. Perhaps it or the other one I have will be of use to you. We'd just need some space to open it up and lay it out... and there's not really any room here to do so."

With his suggestion now out there, Wolf waits to see what their response to it will be.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:38 pm

Boubka patted Ember's shoulder. "Hey, don't forget. This time it's not just Caen. We're here too to help you out. We'll make it this time! don't you worry about that for a moment!"
Ember wasn't sure on what to exactly drink, so she gave the prompt to the cyan fox. The fox smirked in excitement. "Alright! I'll surprise you! I know just the type of brew they make here and I'm so interested to try it out!" He walked towards the counter.

Seems like Shrike wants to hide his identity. That's okay. Maybe he just has a really ugly face and doesn't want to show it. He tried to imagine what Shrike would look like. A heavy jaw line for sure and some prickly hair. If he actually was a human. He still didn't tell. He also didn't want to join them inside the café. Was he really that unsure about himself? Maybe it's better for Bou to just not think about it. He tried to keep it out of his mind and instead think about the drink he was going to order.

Bou came back with a big plate with two small plates on it, both with a cup of brown substance, together with a small cookie. "There ya go!" He placed it on the table, then gave one of the plates to Ember. "Chocolate coffee! Or uh...Chocolât du caffee or somethin' as they call it here!" He sat down and grabbed his own cup. "I hope you've had coffee before. I normally don't like the taste of coffee that much, but with chocolate it must be great!"

He moved his lips towards the cup, blew a few times in it and then took a sip. His face suddenly flinched. "BLE-....ew...gross." He looked saddened. "Welp...guess I still don't like coffee huh? I'm sorry dad..." He then looked towards Ember. "What do you think about it? Normal people like a cup of coffee, so I bet you'll at least like it a bit!" He then started to eat his cookie, but not before breaking a part off and offering it to the chao. "Hey. Want some too, pal?"

It must've been very bad for Ember, being from a dystopian future and all. The only thing he could do for her right now is make her feel a bit better and show her that the world has a lot of stuff for her to offer once this was over. Giving her a bit of hope.
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:50 pm

Caen scratched the back of his head at Dione’s response, and chuckled nervously. “Uh... That might not be the best idea... It’s not exactly one of those... Safe kind of adventures. World-ending threats, and all that...” he said, relatively quietly. 

When the wolf, who was aptly named after his species, spoke again, Caen turned, and thought for a minute. “Um... I know some friends of mine are in that coffee shop,” he said, pointing behind him “perhaps you could lay out the map on a table there? Th-that is, if it’s not too much trouble!”

———
Ember sat as Boubka began to get drinks for the group, and she leaned onto the table, partially hiding her face in her hands “I seriously hope we do make it this time... I don’t think I could take another chance, unless we can somehow invent a time machine 25 years too early...” she muttered, barely audibly.

Soon, the fox had returned with some rather delicious-looking biscuits, and some “café du chocolat”. She picked up the cup, giving it a quick stir with a spoon and smiling “they’d always drink instant coffee in the labs, back when things weren’t so bad... Dad’d hate the stuff, though,” she said, taking a sip and smiling “maybe you just need to give it a stir, Bou? It tastes pretty sweet to me!”

Cinder sat himself gently on the table, watching the grown-ups enjoy their snack. He happily accepted the chunk of cookie from Boubka, which, compared to the chao, was absolutely massive. He took a comparatively small bite out of a tiny chocolate chip on the edge, and squeaked in glee.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:08 am

-Shrike remained where he was, he had no intention too venture in places filled with many others, just really his scene, tho where he sat, gave him time too think on Bous words a little of. Perhaps I was not such a bad idea, at least he considered it yet still he re framed from making that move.

He would watch others going about there normal days, thinking back too years long past of a time where he did that, just a average dude going about his day like all those around him. 

Too say he was terrible at making friends or socializing would be putting it mildly, tho for it was worth he had made good friends in the time that had passed, some were here, others spread across the world. 

Peering down too the weapon that lay across his lap, he would often look down at the small inscription in the rifle it self..it would ever so do on a regular basis too remind him of why he did the things he did "Fire of hope." The spirit and determination too face evil where it was and strike it down. 

He couldn't imagine a world gone too hell, all this turned into nothing more then a Apocalyptic wasteland, certainly the most dangerous task he has ever undertaken, nothing small like simply over watching a town, no here this was the entire world at stake. 

Many more thoughts would go through his mind but he stayed put and now just simply waited for orders from his friend on proceeding onward The little radio hooked into his chest plate echoing garbled radio chatter was the only sound emanating from him at this point in time.
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:27 pm

Caen's mention of his friends, made Dione really curious, considering they both knew a few of the same people and one of them were also mutual friends. She let the other two finish spekaing, weary of not interrupting anyone again. It wasn't something she liked to do. Then, she decided to ask the fiery hedgehog a question about these people. 

"Not to be nosey, but who are those friends? Do I know them?" Caen's mention of it being dangerous was still in the back of her head. "You've seen me fight before and you know what I can do, maybe I could come in handy. I don't want you to put yourself in danger without giving me the chance to help out.. We're friends y'know..." 
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:25 pm

Wolf smirks slightly at Caen.

"It wouldn't be a problem." he replies, "That was my general suggestion after all. Let me just put this map away and I'll be ready to go."

While Caen and the green wolf continue to speak with one another, Wolf works to fold his map back up as neatly as he can. Once he has that taken care of, he then puts it into his duffle bag along with the other map and handbook. He then stands and hoists up both of his bags, then looks towards Caen and waits for him to lead the way.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:39 pm

The fox nodded to Ember. "I'm sure of it. You know, after this fight I'll treat you on a good ol' hot chocolate when we're back home!" He laughed, slowly pushing away his cup of coffee. "You can have this one if you like. I don't think I'll be able to gulp it down. It's too bitter for me." Then he grinned at the chao eating part of his cookie, letting out a tiny squeak even. His hand slowly reached for the chao, hoping he could pet him.

"unless we can somehow invent a time machine 25 years too early...” The sentence kept nagging at him in his head. Chaos control stopped time. What if there were a few gifted Chaos Kitsunes that could actually go back in or go forward in time? There are a lot of Chaos Kitsunes that had some wierd special gift that made them even stronger. He should go ask that to mom when he would return.

He tapped his feet on the floor. "Hey...maybe we should see how Caen is doing. I don't want him to work too hard. He could strain himself y'know..."
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:57 pm

Caen bowed his head a little at Wolf, thanking him for offering his help to the hedgehog. Once again, he turned back to Dione, hoping that he didn't seem like he was ignoring the other wolf. 

"Boubka is with me," Caen said simply, before sighing "look, I'll be honest. The very world hangs in the balance right now. I don't want to put people in danger, but... People keep seemingly wanting to put themselves in harm's way for my sake. You... You wouldn't believe why I know what's going to happen if I don't act now..." He said, scoffing to himself.

He turned to the café, stretching his arms. "Well, the café is just over this way..." He said to the both of them, glancing back.

----

Ember laughed, leaning her chin on her hand, propping herself up on the table. "Oh, there's no need for that! I'm sure Dad'd be able to get me one, after all!" She said, smiling.

She looked down at the other coffee, before taking another sip from hers. "I... Probably shouldn't drink too much caffeine. I need to keep my energy levels up, but not too high, after all," she sighed "at least I wouldn't be like Dad, always chewing on some candy, or something..."

Cinder watched Boubka intently, taking another small bite of the chunk of cookie. It was almost like he was waiting for the fox to... Do something...?
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum