Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ive made a compelte revamp of my site

3 posters

Go down

Ive made a compelte revamp of my site Empty Ive made a compelte revamp of my site

Post by kingleon Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:17 am

"anime rp" Is a vague rp information. And the whole crossover thing was gonna become chaotic, So from now on my forum is a mecha rp site, It will be known as war of the irons

Link" http://waroftheirons.forumotion.com/
kingleon
kingleon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Ive made a compelte revamp of my site Empty Re: Ive made a compelte revamp of my site

Post by Storm Wave Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:34 am

Your setting has an allowed species list, and a very loose and vague character creation guide, yet it has no lore, timeline, setting, or backstory.

It also has no guide for what kind of mechs you can or cannot create.
Storm Wave
Storm Wave
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Ive made a compelte revamp of my site Empty reply

Post by kingleon Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:07 am

Storm Wave wrote:Your setting has an allowed species list, and a very loose and vague character creation guide, yet it has no lore, timeline, setting, or backstory.

It also has no guide for what kind of mechs you can or cannot create.
Did i not say in the description of the site that it was a work in progress

Reading is fundamental
kingleon
kingleon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Ive made a compelte revamp of my site Empty Re: Ive made a compelte revamp of my site

Post by Storm Wave Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:41 am

It's a work in progress that you're trying to already start?

I guess I just want to know more information about what kind of Mecha RP you're planning for your site. Your banner implies a huge crossover, like Super Robot Wars. Or is it something new and unique, and you build your own robots?

Is it a war? If so, is it all in one small area, or spread across the whole galaxy?

Or is it a tournament, and people are just fighting to prove that their robot is the strongest?

Is it sci-fi based, or science-fantasy, with robots powered by magic and elemental powers and stuff? Or maybe a mix of the two?
Storm Wave
Storm Wave
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:11 am

Apart from the lore and rules and stuff, I would also say it's crucial to look at your spelling and the way you write things down. 

I get that you're still young, but to make a site look appealing, it's important to have the basics down. The first thing people will notice is the layout of the site. Then, when they start looking into the subforums themselves, they will start noticing whether or not there are spelling or grammar errors. 

If you don't know for sure how something is written, ask someone older than you, someone who has more experience in writing. I would suggest asking a native English speaker as I myself, as a non-native speaker, have noticed that we tend to make mistakes more often as well when it comes to grammar and the way you build your sentences.

Also try looking at punctuation and placement of capitals, commas, fullstops and exclamation marks etc. Those can make reading more enjoyable and the texts easier on the eye, if that makes sense. 

For example, I've noticed you tend to use a capital letter for the first word after you've had a comma. Those aren't nessecary. The only times you use a capital are with names, places, days of the week, months, first words of the sentence (--> first word after a fullstop), and I'm probably forgetting something. If I do, please remind me of it. ^-^"
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kingleon Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:03 pm

Dione wrote:Apart from the lore and rules and stuff, I would also say it's crucial to look at your spelling and the way you write things down. 

I get that you're still young, but to make a site look appealing, it's important to have the basics down. The first thing people will notice is the layout of the site. Then, when they start looking into the subforums themselves, they will start noticing whether or not there are spelling or grammar errors. 

If you don't know for sure how something is written, ask someone older than you, someone who has more experience in writing. I would suggest asking a native English speaker as I myself, as a non-native speaker, have noticed that we tend to make mistakes more often as well when it comes to grammar and the way you build your sentences.

Also try looking at punctuation and placement of capitals, commas, fullstops and exclamation marks etc. Those can make reading more enjoyable and the texts easier on the eye, if that makes sense. 

For example, I've noticed you tend to use a capital letter for the first word after you've had a comma. Those aren't nessecary. The only times you use a capital are with names, places, days of the week, months, first words of the sentence (--> first word after a fullstop), and I'm probably forgetting something. If I do, please remind me of it. ^-^"
You are correct about the grammar mistakes, I do need help with building the site. I was planning on asking some of  you to help me with the site. Because I can trust you.
kingleon
kingleon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:27 pm

I'm always happy to help. Just shoot me a PM, if you've got Discord or Skype I can also help there, that would maybe be easier than through forum PMs. Just let me know if you want me to help, because I really think this thing has potential, it just needs to get a good start before launching officially.
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down