Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graphical Revamp

4 posters

Go down

Graphical Revamp Empty Graphical Revamp

Post by Caliburn Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:45 pm

Alright, so, as you all know, I do graphics design. Woop!

This theme has been around for a long while now, and I'm thinking about changing it to spice things up a little bit. Of course, there's an issue.

I don't know what theme would be good.

Instead of the murky gray and the scrap brain background, what do YOU guys think would be a good theme for the site?

Colours, pictures, style... etc.
3D models look cool, but maybe you want to stick with the Adventure style pictures? I dunno! But leave suggestions. If you're one of those people who hate change like me (except for this instance) then post below why you think SRN should stay the way it is when it comes to graphics. There's no poll, just a reply section.

If no-one replies, then it stays the same.

If one person wants to change the site and no-one else suggests anything at all, then I'll go with that one person's change. So be sure to give your say.

You won't be able to complain afterwards.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Graphical Revamp Empty Re: Graphical Revamp

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:40 pm

Personal I say not to change the theme but maybe some of the graphics like the banner and the topic buttons, but not the colors we have now since it is pretty nice on the eyes if you have to read a lot of text and it makes it so you don't have to strain your eyes
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sol Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:05 pm

I'd say just change the background to a different level. I'm getting kind of sick of Scrap Brain. Maybe another dark level like Star Light Zone or something, in order to keep the easy on the eyes effect. Changing the grey to another colour might spice it up too.

Sol
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar Ferrix Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:54 pm

My vote is for something urban. The terrain from Metro Madness Zone on Sonic BTS had some interesting design elements that would make for a stylish layout without having to resort to an obscenely bright color palette.
Graphical Revamp Metro

Wasn't able to find a decent picture detailing the backdrop, but it's mostly just your average run-of-the-mill 'tall sci-fi buildings with the occasional flying car' type thing.
Skylar Ferrix
Skylar Ferrix
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down