Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About Elemental Powers

2 posters

Go down

About Elemental Powers Empty About Elemental Powers

Post by dreamharp79 Wed May 31, 2017 7:22 pm

As I create powers for my first Sonic Fan Character, I've been hitting a big roadblock that I haven't really experienced before. Powers and how to incorporate them. I've always been someone to play regular people and I wanted to try giving elemental powers a try but I keep stumbling on how to incorporate it in my character so I've got a few questions.

1) Could someone who's without powers in the beginning develop them?
A little self explanatory. Could a regular without powers develop it through contact with a magical force or someone who has mastered their own quite a bit.
2) Could someone's powers change over time?
This one needs a little explanation. One of my friends suggested purposely leaving her powers as non-elemental until she attunes to a certain element. I was wondering if it would be too OP to do so.
3) What are ways, if possible, to obtain or attune to elemental powers?
Also, self explanatory but relies on the past two questions.
4) What are some underrated elemental powers?
Not really that big of a deal for my questions. I just enjoy sticking out a little bit with something that people would often just pass over for something cooler.

dreamharp79

Back to top Go down

About Elemental Powers Empty Re: About Elemental Powers

Post by Dione Wed May 31, 2017 9:40 pm

Imma try and get my opinion worded as best as possible. Bear with me because languages and stuff.

1) I would say yes to that! I've seen cases where people have done that and it usually works pretty well. I'd say if you have a good backstory for how your character for the power and why, that it would be a creative way of doing it instead of just... having it to begin with.

2) Again, if there's a good explanation and reasoning behind it, then I'd say go for it! Just be sure you're balancing it out with strengths and weaknesses.

3) I really think that that's up to your own imagination. Electricity: Struck by lightning or exposed to any other kind of high voltage. Fire: Maybe struck by a spell of a mage maybe? Water: Nearly drowning which triggers the power. The options are limitless here, again, just be sure to balance it out.

4) I might be totally wrong about this but I've seen the least characters with earth powers. Electricity, fire and water seem to be the most common, followed by dark/light. I myself have a blood bending character but I'm not sure if you could count that as elemental. Earth benders could for example also control lava and magma, seeing as it is basically melted stone and earth. Just go with what feels best to you honestly.

Hope this helped!
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamharp79 Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:38 am

Thank you Dione. I have thought about it and I think I was able to explain how she'll have the "non-elemental" powers and will submit her soon.

dreamharp79

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:08 am

No problem at all! I'm keeping an eye out for her bio ^-^
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamharp79 Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:53 pm