Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Darker Purpose

+2
Electrisa
Dione
6 posters

Page 22 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next

Go down

A Darker Purpose - Page 22 Empty Re: A Darker Purpose

Post by Shrike Marine Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:32 pm

"And let is us also hope she does not bring any form of...company, usually bringing it company means something is about to go down, and that will only make the situation work, but for now...well who will speak first..I'm not the best with words..not sure about you Caen, you up to confront her first, or should we leave that to Liela to talk about..she is more friendly with her and probably will listen to her.

I highly doubt she will even remotely believe a word I have to say..maybe with you Caen but certainly not with me."

-Shrike let out a stretch, before twisting his back from left to right, clicking his neck that felt rather stiff after  complete night of sitting around doing nothing, he was not unarmed, he quickly took grip of his weapon, just in case he never knew what was going to happen next after all.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:02 am

"I plan on greeting her as soon as she appears, and then I'll see what Liela does next. If she'd prefer us to explain, then I'm alright with that." Caen said, crossing his arms. He turned away, looking out of the window, "and I will be completely and utterly honest, either way. If she wants me dead after hearing the truth, then that's just how it's supposed to be."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:23 am

"Well, Liela, the fated day has arrived. Are you ready to greet Kia?" Liela was rubbing her eye and yawning. "What? She isn't here yet. Why are you-" "Oh trust me, she's here. I can sense that spear of hers. Its energy is just close enough for me to pick it up." "Really???" " Yes, really, now I'd advise you hurry along." Liela gave Lillith a look before running out of her room and to the door, passing Shrike and Caen. 

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. "Lillith? Lillith are you there? Am I allowed to enter the house?" Kia's voice sounded very calm for the current situation at hand. "Yes, you can come in. The door isn't locked" Then the knob turned and the door opened revealing Kia. " Oh, Liela, It's nice to see you again. It's been a while hasn't it?" She gave a small smile before looking around the room. Her eyes met Shrike and Caen. Mostly towards Shrike. (Did Ren recruit mercenaries for his makeshift kingdom or are they just visitors?) "Hmm. I wasn't Expecting to see new faces in this house. It would be rude of me if I am interrupting whatever conversation you were all having right now. I'll just sit over here until your visit is done. Do not mind me." Kia went and sat in a chair in the living room but she stayed looking at both Caen and Shrike. Holding a bag she had brought with her closely.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:28 am

-Shrike felt a moment when you heart sank before rising again, upon the sound of the door nob turning, he quickly had a few seconds to suck it up and deal with it. There she was, the one who they had been expecting to arrive, surprised by her calm nature, but had a feeling this may just be a mask..before all hell breaks loose, tho she could not see his eyes he watched every step she made, he was careful and cautious.

Shrike glanced back to Caen, shrugging his shoulders, clear indication he was not really sure what to do now, but he felt it was only right to let Liela and Caen speak first before he even dare open his mouth at this point.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:49 am

A knock sounded at the door, and Caen seemed to be less calm than he was previously "it's time," he murmured, almost inaudibly.. He inhaled deeply, before releasing it slowly. Kia came into the room, and sat down. She seemed to believe that they were only visiting, or worse, she might have thought they were workers ruled by Voltraire! The mere thought made Caen feel ill. He looked at Liela, his eyes darting between her and Kia, before he finally bowed towards Kia. "Hello. Kia, I presume?"
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:09 pm

Kia looked at Caen. "Why, yes, I am Kia. It is a pleasure to meet you." She bowed to Caen, assuming that bowing must have been part of his religion. She than turned to Shrike and walked closer to him. "And what is your name Marine?" She had her hand out to shake. Liela looked tense. She knew all to well Kia was faking being calm.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:50 pm

-Shrike was a little stunned that she knew he was a former G.U.N soldier, perhaps she knew more then he even knew, when she asked his name, he was a bit hesitant at first, not sure if she was going to turn him in to local authorities, he seemed to not say a word for a couple of seconds, next he noticed her hand extending out to his, this was not feeling right to him, he was wanting to play it say and not to be conned into any thing.-

"My name is Shrike...I think that is good enough."

-He didn't shake her hand, he didn't trust her enough to be able to go that far, he just stood and looked at her, only the inhale and exhale from his helmet was heard, Shrike felt tense as well, his hand flexing into a fist and relaxing again.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:41 pm

Caen looked at Shrike, as though he was waiting for him to shake Kia's now extended hand, he shook his head, and awkwardly spoke "annnd, I'm Caen. A pleasure to make your acquaintance," he reached out and shook Kia's hand "and my sincere condolences, by the way. If I'd have known Voltraire had a sister, I may had been a little less-" Caen cut himself off, and looked at Liela, he released his grip and coughed "uh... That is to say, uh..." Caen scratched his forehead. He thought to himself as he waited for Kia's inevitable reaction 'now you've done it, you stupid hedgehog.'
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:10 pm

Liela covered her eyes with her hands when Caen had the slip up. Kia's face turned to one of confusion before getting very serious. "I see. So than, you both are the reason Ren is..." She didn't finish the sentence." why?" It was faint but you could hear the sadness in her voice.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:29 pm

"Because we had to....for Liela's sake, his corrupt ways were having a severe impact on her, he was using her, ill treating her and corrupting her...we did what we others should of done a long time ago...solve the problem, he became violent and aggressive, going to the extreme of attacking not only us...but he also killed her...I took it upon myself along with Caen here and we set out to a long forgotten place to give Liela another chance at living, we been through hell as it is to bring her back...he was to dangerous to be kept alive....I made sure his troubles...were....taken care of...both Caen and myself had our fair share of his ruthless desires, greed, selfishness....the nail in the coffin was when he killed Liela before us...that is when we realized it had to be done." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:38 pm

"y-yes," Caen said, looking down, almost as if he was ashamed of what he had done "not to mention that he essentially turned himself and Liela into demons, which ultimately led to Liela's death. Yes, we managed to bring her back, through an unspeakable device, but... It had to be done, I'm sorry, but it truly did. I know this may be offensive from a complete stranger like me, but he was evil, through and through. He had to be stopped." He lifted his head up "and, ultimately, I was the first to confront him on the matter of Liela's treatment, so, if you wish to take revenge..." He held up his arms, looking Kia right in the face "here I stand." He looked over at Shrike "but you leave him out of it."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:38 pm

There was a moment of silence. Kia turned to Liela. Giving her an "I don't believe this" face. Then she turned to caen. She walked closer to Caen. Liela went in-between Kia and Caen. "Kia, please! They had to! Voltraire stabbed me h-" "His name is Ren and I don't think he would do something like that. Not to you. He cared for you Devionus! Why in the world would he suddenly decide to kill after all these years? You expect me to believe he turned himself and you into a demon. How? Exactly how is it you died and then was able to have a life again? That isn't possible! Death is forever! This all sounds made up to me and I don't like it when people lie to my face. especially when it sounds this ridiculous." She put her hand in the air and a light appeared. Then the light formed into a spear and she pointed it at Caen. "Tell me, Caen, did you really kill my brother?" She stayed there for a moment. The spear didn't change to red. "No... You are just saying that so that so the real murderer is spared. I'm not going to end someone who is innocent. That is not how things work with me." She turned to Shrike pointing her spear at him. "Now... I want to hear the truth and only the truth. What is the real reason you killed my brother?" Liela went in front of Kia." We are telling the truth! This was the only way justice could be served. You've got to believe us! Please!" Kia looked at Liela. " I would love to believe you. I really do but..." She looked back at Shrike. "Those are just words. Evidence is everything in this world and I doubt you can prove that what they said is actually true." 
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:02 pm

-Shrike gently moved Liela out the way, he was going to have to admit to what he had done, he stood for a few seconds looking at her, the masked figure standing there at any time he could very well crush her but he knew killing was not the right way.-

" I was the one who killed him...Pulled the trigger and ended his life...I did what others should of done a long time ago, removed him from the world...I did it to save Liela...she was betrayed and murdered by him...the body is in the other room..still having its stab wounds intact....I took him on in the woods..while Caen and Lilith battled to separate, Lielas demon from her ghost I fought him in the woods....and how I killed him ? I took one of my largest weapons..shoved it in his face..and pulled the trigger...blowing him to hell..where he belongs....I brought my own justice upon him...with the barrel of my gun...he never deserved to live....he was corrupt...and we stopped him..before..he could claim another...we went through hell for her...we returned to a place I didn't want to go back a place where I lost every thing of who I was...night mares..monsters...creatures...hell..we went back to find a artifact that came from another world..one capable of returning life to some one who fell...we went in..did what we had to do..and got the hell out of that forsaken place."
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:21 pm

When Kia had pointed her spear at Shrike, asking him for the reason that he had killed Voltraire, Caen slid between the two, still holding out his arms. "Murderer? Murderer?! Shrike is no murderer! Your brother is the murderer!" Caen shouted angrily. He breathed in and out slowly, before speaking again "look, I know it may be hard for you to hear, but that's the truth. As Shrike said, the proof is upstairs, covered in stab wounds. Lillith, show her the way."

Caen scratched the back of his head, smiling awkwardly "sorry, it's a bit unusual for me to lose my cool like that."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:46 pm

Kia lowered her spear but didn't unsummon it. Lillith started to walk towards her room. Kia silently followed until she made it to Lillith's room. As soon as Kia saw Liela's dead body she let out a gasp and ran to its side. "four stab wounds...fatal stab wounds... " She looked down on the ground seeing the demonic circle drawn and the knife, still with blood dripping from it. Kia looked back at Liela. " H-how? I don't even.... How is there two of you?" Kia was twitching a little.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:34 am

-Shrike walked into the same room they were in and stood next to Kia, he could see she was shocked to see was before her, seems like she didn't believe in the paranormal or strange situations.- 

"There are some things far beyond this world..that even the most stalwart can not understand or comprehend, I didn't at first, but then I began to see there is far more beyond our world then we all know, far more twisted things, dark secrets, powers , creatures, abilities and god knows what else is out there...but there she is...or her body...now you can see what he had done..he was a murderer..and got what he deserved.... What I used to bring her back...that is long gone...now do you understand what had to be done ?" 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:44 pm

Caen followed the group upstairs and into Lillith's room. Kia knelt down and examined Liela's corpse, noting the multiple stab wounds that would clearly be fatal. She was confused by Liela's body being in the room, even though Liela was clearly alive and kicking. Caen clapped his hands together "that's the occult, I'm afraid. Always confusing, no matter how used to it you are." He walked over, standing next to Kia, and looking at Liela's dead body "still, even though Liela's revived, the sight of this sends a chill down my spine. It still reminds me of the betrayal by the one man she trusted. I still blame myself. If I hadn't have spoken to her two nights ago, and changed her thoughts on what Voltr- I mean, Ren, was doing to her, how she had lost sight of who she was, and what she stood for. This would have never had... And Ren would be..."
Caen knelt down on one knee "Kia, I am truly, truly sorry."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:38 pm

It was evident that Kia was breaking. She looked like she was about to cry. "Sorry isn't going to change anything." She quickly turned to Shrike with her spear and all most hit him with it but stopped an inch or two away from his face. She held the spear for a couple of seconds before unsummoning it. "Revenge isn't going to change anything either." Her face was more serious this time. "Can you all... leave... me alone..." She was looking down at the ground. Liela knew Kia needed some space and walked out of the room. Lillith followed but was stopped by Kia. "You can stay. I need to talk to you." Lillith turned to Kia giving her a surprised face. "Really?!?" "Yes..."
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:00 pm

-Shrike didn't like where this was going but he respected her wishes and left the room, he showed no sign of fear or intimidating at her spear, he said what he knew was the truth..whether she liked it or not..that is how it was going to be, Shrike turned around and left the room, but knowing that she asked Lilith stayed behind began to raise suspicions, what was she going to speak to her about, he hoped they better not try any thing or he would intervene very quickly.-

" Well I don't know about you guys but I think that went off pretty well, well better then expected...I was expecting the whole house to crash when we opened our mouths...however...I don't trust the fact she asked Lilith to stay behind..I have a bad feeling about this..they better not be thinking of what I think they are..cause hell no is it not happening...not while I am here." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:39 pm

Caen saw Kia's face change, from pure non-belief, to anger, and then to sadness, and she nearly attacked Shrike with the spear she could summon in and out of existence. But she muttered that revenge wouldn't help in this situation. She asked Caen and the others to leave her alone. Caen stood, "of course. Take as much time as you need." Caen said, walking out of the room, closing the door behind him.

Caen listened to Shrike speak, before opening his own mouth "yes, it has definitely went better than I had hoped, in terms of physical conflict. But now I think of how conflicted she must be within herself. I mean, she must detest me, now. I feel disgusted for what I've done."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:20 am

When everyone left, Kia went closer to Lillith. "So this whole time when you said you were a demon, you were telling the truth?" "Yes.." " Hmm... So... demons live in hell right? Then how did you end up here?" There was a moment of silence. "Well, I was summoned of course. That is really the only way demons are able to get to the overworld. We just wait around for someone stupid to summon us and leave us a portal. Heh... usually some dumb teenagers with Ouija boards. Luckily for me, I was summoned by a powerful young magician because of a trait that I have that only a few demons have." "and what would that be?" "Loyalty... well that and what he used to summon was a bottle of ink and the only ink demon available at the time was lil old me." Lillith pointed at her face smiling. " Wait he used an ink bottle to summon you? is it really that simple?" " Yeah and also he used this book." She pointed at Recin. " But I know what you're thinking and I'm not going to let that happen. As much as I'd love to summon Ren, Umm I'm pretty sure green over there is going to not only end him but you and me. " "Isn't there a way where I could just talk to him without releasing him out of hell?" Lillith looked at Recin then at Kia. "Of course there is but... look I just don't Shrike killing me today okay?"

Liela was listening to what Shrike and Caen had to say. "Hmm... this is kind of weird of Kia to ask Lillith to stay instead of me. Usually, when she vents, she asks me to stay. Whatever I guess."

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:59 am

" Like I said I don't like this situation..you guys be ready for any thing..first sign of trouble.we will nip it in the bud before it has any chance to get worse...there is no way come hell or high water I am letting her bring him back to this world, not happening...what has just made this worse is what Liela said...this is not normal..why Lilith and hot her....I can't just stand here and wait for something bad to happen...some one here has to have a plan or something ready to go ?"

-Shrike started to pace up and down the room he was in, he was getting rather frustrated with the fact he had to wait the whole time until she came back out, but even then he knew something bad was coming, he hated not knowing what it is they were talking about.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:06 pm

"I have a plan. We wait," Caen said, looking over at the chipped plaster on the wall "it's all we can do, really." He scanned his eyes across the several tell-tale signs of damage within this house, and was surprised that Kia seemed to have missed all of them. "I doubt Lillith would summon him as a demon, anyway. She knows the destruction Voltraire could reap if he were to be anywhere but where he belongs- in Hell. I wonder what his fellow demons think of him, now. How he threw his mortal life away, in favour of being corrupted by an entity of darkness. It's almost sad, how he'd go to those lengths to be more powerful. Then again, I'm not exactly surprised. People like him would go to any length to get what they want."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:11 pm

"Please, Lillith! I'm not going to let him stay here. As soon as I'm done talking you can send him back." Lillith looked at Kia. "I said no. Look I know you and Ren were like close but he isn't the same. He went from typical villain to psychopath in 5 seconds." "Lillith! I don't care if he has changed. I never got the chance to say goodbye. Why won't you let me have that chance."....." You know I had a sister that I never got the chance to say goodbye to. It really broke my heart. I for one think you should do it, my love. " Kia looked surprised that the book talked." OMG, not you too. You guys aren't going to stop bugging me until I do this aren't you?" "Basically" 

Lillith sighed. "Fine, but you have to make the conversation fast okay. Recin, remember when old master summoned that one demon because he wanted some information. What page had those symbols that made it impossible for that demon to leave the summoning circle?" The book turned a couple pages. Lillith looked at it and started to draw the symbols on the floor with her ink. "Recin, we are summoning him from the depths of hell. I don't want the summoning spell we used for Liela." "Of course." He then turned to another page. "Ok Kia, he will try his best to make you get rid of these symbols on the floor. As long as they are there, you are safe. Please don't take long talking to him. I can only imagine what would happen if one of the others decided to walk in and see Ren there." "Okay, I got it. thank you." "Don't thank me yet." Lillith looked at the book one more time before closing it."Bezati bacuro det itzu naeuto Ren Katsu haken net. naeuto Ren Katsu haken net. Haken net raku!" The symbols on the floor started to glow red and a shadow appeared in the middle of the room. Forming into Ren. Ren appeared to be kneeling down. His body looked like he had been whipped and tortured. How may I be of assistance morta-" He stopped as soon as he realized who was in front of him. "Kia? Heh heh, of course, you'd be the one to bring me back. ha ha haaaaa " Kia saw her brother's demonic form. She looked horrified. Ren tried to walk over to her but the symbols stopped him from leaving the circle of symbols. "What? Oh, I see what's going on. You don't want to set me free do you?" He was looking at Kia in the eyes. "And here I thought you actually loved me." He gave Kia a twisted smile.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:27 pm

-Shrike continued his pace up and down, the more time went on the more frustrated he became, they were taking far long then he was expecting, and the longer they took the less he felt good about the situation, Caen's idea on waiting was not sitting with with Shrike, he hate being left in the open when he almost knew with out a doubt something bad was about to bust out.-

" Why are they taking so long....they can't just be talking about Ren...why keep Lilith...why...wait....Lilith has that book....do you think?....no would she even consider doing it ?.....Liela what can that book do in terms of death...is it possible to return life ? ....cause if it can..then I think I know why Kia wanted Lilith to stay in the room with her.

Wait....do you hear that....it sounds like...oh hell no ....guys listen...that sounds like Ren."

-Shrike may of been the only one to hear it thanks to the helmets audio system, he could hear his voice..he was almost certain of it, but he couldn't be brash about it, he could be wrong after all an would make him look like a even bigger target then he already was.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next