Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Darker Purpose

+2
Electrisa
Dione
6 posters

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next

Go down

A Darker Purpose - Page 20 Empty Re: A Darker Purpose

Post by The Red Blur Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:01 pm

Caen stretched before walking towards the door, pointing towards Liela and Lillith "nuggets, souls... Got it."
The way he spoke was strangely nonchalant, even when muttering the word soul. He looked up at the sky as he walked out of the open door. He waved over at Shrike "hey, Shrike! I'm getting food, do you want anything?!" He shouted, cupping his hands to make sure he can hear him. He started on his way, making sure to listen for a response.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:05 pm

As soon as Caen left, Liela stopped sticking her tongue out. Her face got serious and so did Lillith's. " Kia is not going to believe them. She won't believe in a renegade soldier nor does she believe in Voltraire killing me. She going to think shrike and Caen have held us hostage or something. Forcing us to agree with them." " Yeah, she is probably going to kill them both as soon as she has heard all the information she needs to know. What do we do master?" Lillith didn't want her master losing her new friends. Liela thought about it for a moment. " We are going to need proof. Kia is the type of mobian who can not deny evidence no matter how conflicted she may feel about it. I mean I'm still shocked that he tried to kill me. I thought we had something and so did Kia but I felt the stabs." Liela paused for a moment. "Wait a minute the stabs. M-My body or at least this one doesn't have any stab wounds. Oh my god where is my old body?" "It's my room remember? You guys left it there rotting when you all left to go to the facility. I think the knife is still there too but we should go and check" Lillith and Liela started to walk to Lillith's room.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:55 pm

-Shrike lifted his head, snapping out of his thoughts at the sound of his voice, he looked over his shoulder, hearing the term food..he usually ate almost any thing you gave him, he was not picky.-

" Hey there Caen, didn't hear you come this way, just checking to make sure its all clear, erm food wise..hmm...mmmm..well to be honest I am not really fussy when it comes to this..I will have what ever you will have, keep it easy...I can eat almost any thing you give me..well almost....I just have a bad feeling about this small situation we have now..what if it develops into another fight..another enemy..hell I am sure you don't want a enemy do you..I sure don't." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:29 pm

"whatever I have," he chuckled "are you sure about that? 'cause Im starving!" He began walking, but stopped when he heard Shrike thoughts on the current situation. He turned to him, crossing his arms "there's nothing to worry about. I'm sure this girl will be a hell of a lot more mentally stable than Voltraire and, hopefully, a bit more mentally stable. I bet she'll hear us out, rather than outright stabbing us, unlike a certain guy who's name sound like gold bear."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:51 pm

Liela and Lillith entered the room. Lillith was right on the dot. There were the knife and Liela's old body. Liela went closer to it and saw the wounds. " Man this is so surreal. I'm literally looking at the real me." "No that isn't the real you,at least not anymore. That's just a body now."  Lillith looked at the demonic circle that was still drawn on the floor with a bloody knife not too far from it. "You think this will be enough proof to convince Kia?" "When will it ever enough proof for Kia. Let's just hope she is as attuned to justice as she claims to be." Liela looked down.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:56 pm

" I know I know, it's just I can't help but think this will end bad, it's only because every thing that could go wrong, usually does in my case. But if we can keep it level headed, we may just be able to avoid another battle, and another battle is something I am pretty sure you want to avoid as much as I do...well the perimeter looks fine and clear, where you heading to grab the food ? All this talk about it makes me kinda hungry now."

-Shrike packed away his gear and made his way towards Caen, rolling his shoulders still feeling the stiffness from the previous engagement.-

" Also on another note, has Liela's attitude improved at all, like has she returned to more or less her normal self, laying on glass...well that is not normal." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:37 pm

"where am I going, that is the question. I guess the closest fast-food place. " Caen said, resting his arms behind his head as he walked "no idea what I'm getting Lillith, though, she said to get souls, but I'm not killing people for her sustenance. Maybe..." Caen clicked his fingers "she's a cat, right? I guess fish'd go down well."

Shrike brought up Liela's recent behaviour, and Caen spoke in a calm tone "she seems to be back to normal, although I think she's worried about this Kia. In truth, so am I. I do hope that she has some sense to her. Then again, she might want evidence, and I'm drawing a blank on anything good." He looked back, continuing in the same direction "I'm gonna be wary, though. Can't have her jumping us at the wrong time."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:00 am

"Attuned to justice? Are you really asking that question? That's literally her job. If she isn't on the side of justice... well..." Lillith looked at Liela. "Well?" There was a moment of silence. Lillith didn't know what to say. Liela saw this and walked out of the room back to the living room. "We're doomed" She started to bang her head on the wall repeatedly. Lillith went over and stopped her. "Correction, they are doomed. Kia isn't going to do anything to us."
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:52 am

" well as must as I want to go in and help you, good chance I will be spotted down at a populated area, I wil stay here and keep watch over Liela and the little purple fuzz ball...but if push comes to shove and no matter of words can turn this around..be ready for another fight..just saying. See you soon."

-Shrike made his way back to the house, rolling his shoulders trying to get the stiffness out of his arms, he overheard talking coming from the next room about something to do with them "being doomed" this would only make Shrike feel that much more worse. Seems like the chances for a fight just swung in its favor a little more.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:44 pm

((I'll skip this turn. Nothing really interesting happens, he just gets food from a place nearby))
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:12 pm

Lillith heard Shrike coming in so she quickly stooped the conversation with liela.." Welcome back big green. I thought you left" she dragged liela to a chair. "welcome" Liela didn't even look at shrike as she sat down. She had a very worried face.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:30 pm

-Shrike skimmed a look over to the little purple one with her remark, knowing her, she probably wanted him to go, but he was not gone yet...yet, instead he looked back towards Liela had had slummed down in a chair looking lost and in thought.-

" Yea yea Lilith I get it..I will be gone soon, then you won't have to keep harping on this story over and over..but right now we have but one more issue to tackle with..and I already think I know what is going through Liela's mind...don't need to be a rocket scientists to figure out you are worried about the what if situation with her. 

Chances are she ain't gonna believe us..well not myself and Caen, she has no idea who the hell we are and wouldn't care either. I want this to go with a problem, but if it means going before she even arrives..well I guess its a option I am willing to take..to avoid another....how do I put it..confrontation." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:53 pm

"I'm back, and I bring gifts from afar! Or, rather, from down the street." Caen shouted, almost singing his words. He was carrying several paper bags, most likely filled with food. He handed one bag to Shrike, Leila, and Lillith in that order, saying "bacon double cheeseburger, chicken nuggets, fish fillet" as he handed each one out. "As for me, I've probably bought enough food to last days." He laughed, placing his bag down on a table. "Anyway, back to business," he said, crossing his arms, his voice taking on a sudden serious tone "this Kia, what are her chances of attacking us, and more importantly, what would her main choice of attack be, if things were to come to that? Obviously, I will try a more diplomatic approach first, but that may not work, that's why I need to know as much about her as possible."

He picked up the bag "ooh, also, do you have any plates? Don't wanna make a mess!" He looked at the carpet, stained with lava lamp liquid "more of a mess..."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:19 pm

Liela and Lillith took the bags. Liela took the nuggets out and started to eat them. Lillith, on the other hand, took the whole bag and put it in her mouth. There was a loud gulp and then it was gone "Well that was yummy". Liela ignored this. "She will listen to what we all have to say. She will give us the chance to explain ourselves but... she has a spear... " " Yeah a spear of justice!" "and well she doesn't carry it with her... when she needs it just... appears. Then she points it at you and judges you." 
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:32 pm

-The more she explained the more this situation was becoming a nope for Shrike, he had already been through enough over the last 2 days, and now he really didn't want to carry on with deal yet another problem, he inhales then exhales with a clear sign of " I'm tiered of this sh*t" vibe, he just wanted things to finally go smooth for Liela, Lilith and Caen, but it seemed every chance, something new was on its way.-

" Look..I am the one who blew Voltraire to kingdom come, I am the one guilty here, had I know he had family, I probably wouldn't of pulled the trigger..I ain't a murderer you know, not how the world sees it but you know...if the only way to keep the peace is for me to be out of the picture..well then I guess I don't have a choice really do I, If I go before she arrives she won't bother you guys as much..probably be spending a hell of a lot of it looking for me..and by that stage..I will be long long gone."  
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:03 pm

Caen listened to Liela, nodding slightly as he did so. "So... She can summon a spear? Interesting... Let's just hope that she won't use it." He laughed nervously, looking away from Liela. Shrike began to talk about how he was the guilty party, and how him leaving would be helpful to the situation. Caen wasn't pleased by his words, and he looked at him, very clearly displaying his anger "Shrike, I don't think you understand. We both led to his death. If I hadn't have stepped in yesterday, he wouldn't be dead right now. I'm just as guilty as you. This isn't murder, either, this was justice, plain and simple. I just hope Kia can see it the same way..."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:23 pm

"Maybe she'll see it as justice... a justice for the first time she won't like...maybe..." Liela continued to eat the nuggets. She looked at Shrike. "I'd advise not to flee. It'll just make you look more guilty in her eyes and.." Liela focused more on Shrike. "trust me she will find you." Lillith gave a "She's right" face to Shrike. "Yeah don't go full coward on us big guy. Makes you look less threatening"
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:29 pm

" I was never actually trying to be threatening...its just the armor that makes me look like that, chances are she will come here and she will want to hear every bit of detail, if the detail is good enough to give us clear, then I will do what needs to be done..its the truth and the hard truth but one she is going to have to accept, whether she likes it or not..because god forbid I am not going on a search for another possible Harbinger sphere to bring that son of a you know what back to life, that I refuse to do..he stays dead....oh yea and one more thing..do not...call me a coward..I'v stood up to things no one should before..last time I checked..cowards don't do such feats." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:47 pm

Caen bit into a burger, the lettuce leaves making a satisfying crunch, as he held the bag in his other hand. He spoke after he swallowed that mouthful. "Look, the point is, we need to make her realise that his death was for the greater good. Personally, I don't want to fight someone who could very well be a decent person, that's why this calls for diplomacy. Oh, yeah, you needn't worry about detail. I've remembered everything important."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:11 am

" Ha, decent person. Liela are you hearing this?" Liela gave a little smile to her before turning to Shrike and Caen." Well then, I guess we will see what fate has in store for us tomorrow. I'm going to sleep." Liela ate the last nugget and gave the nugget box to Lillith. "Here you go" Then she left to go to her room. Lillith took the box and ate it. "Wish these things came in different flavors. It's like they're not even trying!" 
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:41 am

" Good night Liela....well..just in case things do go hostile..I have a little something laying around I haven't used in a long time that I will try out...so I am all set...well time to go on night duty...I'll be taking one of those with me while I wait for morning to finally come around. Cya guys in the morning."

-Shrike quickly swept up a burger Caen had brought back for him, Shrike left the confines of the house, night had set in really fast and thus he was out side, slummed against the remains of a dead tree to watch the night..making sure no one was around, Shrike unclips and removes his helmet, setting it down next to him, thus he began to consume his burger...been a really long time since he had something this good.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:52 pm

Caen stretched, and yawned "I hope you don't mind me crashing here for the night, 'cause I don't think I could get back home before Kia gets here, and I think that'd be a bad idea to disappear. I mean, she'd probably take my head off!"
He lay back, and put his head back "I'll take over in a few hours, Shrike. Just wake me up when you're feeling sleepy."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:12 pm

Lillith saw Shrike leave the house. She crossed her arms. Lillith turned to Caen. " You can stay here as long as you like Caen. After all, I owe you so much." She paused for a moment before laughing. "You know, taking your head off would be quite merciful for Kia to do compared to what she usually does."
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:41 pm

-Shrike watched the star sky, nothing but the gentle breeze and the sound of quiet ambient filled the landscape, he takes bites out of his burger as he kept his gaze, he liked to look at them and think about the future..what is going to come, he always tried to keep a positive mind, but spending a lot of time on his own had molded a negative mind set, after finishing his burger, shrike rubbed the side of his head, letting out a long stretch followed by a yawn, he picked up his helmet, he switched on some audio music and selected a song that he had not heard in a while, a song that he enjoyed a lot.-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XoULBGfJ6M
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:35 pm

"no, no, I don't care about talking. I can talk to the cows come home, but I'm talking about taking my head off, as in," he motioned his hand in a stabbing motion outwards, making a noise when his hand stopped moving "you know, like I was a very spicy kebab. Anyway, what do you owe me? I just did a thing any decent person would."

Soon, Caen had just outright passed out on the couch, and he snored softly. The past two days effort must had taken its toll on him. Unlike yesterday, he slept rather peacefully, with no noticeable worry or strife of any kind. Caen seemed... Almost happy, at least content.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next