Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond the horizon

+2
Dogy9978
Shrike Marine
6 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Beyond the horizon - Page 5 Empty Re: Beyond the horizon

Post by Shrike Marine Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:32 am

-Shrike had not control over what the Rage sphere gave to him, perhaps he did have a little self control, but its power was clear as intended, immersive power of strength and ability to endure, but its trade off was pure hatred and rage. Shrike shifted his eyes over the Caen that seemed to be coming in rather hard and fast.

Now this normally would of caused panic and made Shrike brace himself yet his blade stuck home yet did nothing to him. the dark energy actually stopped his blade from making contact to him about 5 cm from impact. Shrike slowly shook his head at Caen before looking back at his primary target, well actually Liela was in his way still so he shifted his eye contact to her.-

" You are still in my way...I am growing ever so patient, denying my chance to finally end this threat, she will just go to another town and do it all again!...AND DON'T TELL ME TO TONE IT DOWN!"

-Shrike had no real control over the power levels, the rage sphere almost had complete control. But the longer he was denied the more that would build up.- 

" If I ever find you trying to do this again...if you do..I will hunt you down...and destroy you." 

( I think you doing well with her.)

Last edited by Shrike Marine on Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:05 am

Lillith finished reforming hard body and walked to the now normal sized mobian. She was listening to what was happening. Lillith get very close to her. "I think you should like hide somewhere. Things are sounding not good for you." Liela didn't move out of the way. She wasn't going to let her growing fear make her back down. "Please...I promise we will not let her go to another town and destroy it. I p-promise." Liela extended her hand to Shrike. "We don't have to fight." 
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:03 pm

As Caen's blade was about to hit his target, it bounced away, leaving the marine completely unaffected. "Wha-?" Caen said quietly as his arm reeled back. Shrike shook his head at the hedgehog. Lillith calmly tried to speak to Shrike, but this didn't seem to be working. Caen growled, before shouting "Shrike! Or... Whatever it is that's trying to pass off this as Shrike... You need to stop. We've been through this before, if you let anger, and bloodlust cloud your judgement, you end up losing sight of yourself. You know this. Mercy is a... Rare value to have. That's why we must show this person the light, instead of sinking to their level..." Caen raised his sword to the marine "I don't want to fight you, Shrike. Please, lower your weapon."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Shrike Marine Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:56 pm

-Shrike continued to stand there as the red energy swirled around him, he lifted his head to see her laying in the dirt, his urge to break through and finish what he started, yet he seemed to be stopped on all sides deprived on what he wanted to do, what the sphere was making him do, yet due to his fairly strong mind, he had limited self control. 

Shrike then looks back at Liela, even in this close proximity, she could feel just anger and hate emanating off of him, as each and every moment he was ever angered or frustrated could be heard in her mind as a collection of screams and shouts.

The masked armored figure looks at her hand, tilting his head to look at it, before looking back at her, ten seconds pass until he finally speaks again. 

" Keep that...to yourself...I will be back.."

-With that Shrike halted his assault on the Mobian fox, turning around to quietly head into the nearest brush line, but he did mention he would be back, perhaps this may of been the only alternative to wait out the rage sphere's effect.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:00 pm

Lillith enjoyed watching the mobian go to the ground like a baby. She even gave a little laugh. Liela backed away from shrike. She was shaking. She heard screams which scared her too much. She kept her distance from him and watched as he left. She looked very worried and scared. While Liela didn't follow, Lillith did. She even had the nerve to flip him off. "Fuck you green shit!!! My master offered her hand and you refused?!? Piece of shit!!!! You even scared her!!"
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:34 pm

"Lillith, knock it off," Caen commanded "he's not himself. That I can say. By the looks of it, he's gone to try and defuse the situation." The hedgehog said, sheathing the blade he was holding before walking over to the other one, still lying on the ground. He picked it up, and also sheathed it, before moving onto the Mobian on the ground.

The hedgehog crouched down, making sure she could see him," I apologise for the aggression of my friend. I can assure you, none of us will bring any more harm to you." He rubbed the bridge of his nose "however, you've gotten yourself into deep trouble. As much as I'd like to let you go, I doubt Shrike, or any of the villagers will be particularly pleased about it."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:01 am

-Shrike had done as Caen said, gone to defuse the situation, by getting some distance he could just wait out the Rage spheres effects, but with all spheres it all depended on the user behind it, how the long the effects lasted, since Shrike already had aggression issues this meant the spheres effected had lasted longer then it should of.

He found himself a small isolated zone, lifting his one hand to look at it, he could feel the energy pour out from it, the power was immersive, yet at the same time strong willed enough to call that choice to turn away. 

Rain came down in buckets, pouring over him, washing any would be grime off his armor.....thankfully it was not much longer until the dark energy began to lift into the sky, letting go of its users body, the energy swirled before vanishing in a distinct thunder clap.

Shrike had been totally drained by its effect and was left on his knees, it however only took a couple of seconds to regain himself. Slowly he forced himself back onto his feet, shacking his head left to right.-

" Well, that was...to say the least..a mad rush, I could barely tell what was going on...oh shit the town!"

-Shrike wasted very little time figuring out how he got there or what really happened, he bailed off heading back, reaching the outskirts he could tell from there the town was fine, a sigh of relief came out from the helmet as he slowly made he was through the storm night back into the town.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:46 am

Lillith turned back to Caen still a little mad but she decided to listen to him. "FINE!!! I'll stop now but I can't promise you I'll back of for that much longer. " Lillith crossed her arms. Liela finally felt her growing fear go away after shrike left. She walked over to the mobian lady. "Now you start explaining why in the world you thought any of this would be a good idea! There are innocent people here!!!" Liela was a bit mad.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:14 pm

Rain had begun to fall, quickly getting heavier. Caen looked up, catching some of the raindrops in his palm. It somehow made him almost calm. "what now, indeed. I... I don't know what to say. It baffles me that you would even try that stunt. I can't let you go, because not only would Shrike be pissed, who's to say you won't do it again to a village that isn't protected? I'm afraid I just don't trust you that much." Caen said, crossing his arms and letting the rain wash over him. He took a deep breath, letting it out slowly in a long sigh. "I mean, I just look at what you can do, and I think 'what a waste'. You could be so much more than a criminal who destroys villages."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:50 pm

-The sound of boots approaching was a clear indicator he was back, he had not taken that long since the vanish of the rage sphere had occurred, upon coming back he was first of all glad to see the town in one piece, however upon seeing her still there pretty much where he left before hand, didn't sit well with him, yet he manage to catch only a fraction of what was spoken.

He moves in closer but this time didn't have any weapons armed or any thing, yet it was unclear what he was going to do, he stood there beside Liela to his left and Caen to his right.-

" It's gone, but it seems we still have a problem, and I do not like problems, we need to settle this, now I only caught the last of it, but what do you mean you are like this, it is the way you are.

Huh I guess you were brained wash to believe that this is the way we are and there is nothing else to it, they thought the same of us, yet there are living proofs each day, that we can defy what they believe we are.

I did that and so did many, you choose who you wanna be at the end of the day, sure some circumstances put you in a position that force you to adapt but it's still a choice on how you go about doing it.

Caen, Liela....take her to the bar, keep her under watch.. perhaps we can solve things now with out throwing any more punches...I think she got the message." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:43 pm

"It's your natural instinct? Really?" Thats all liela could say before shrike came. As soon as Shrike went next to Liela, she moved away from him and immediately went Inside the bar. She didn't look happy at him. As soon as she left Lillith started laughing towards shrike. "HA!!! Shouldn't have been messing with things you're not supposed to. Dumb Human." Lillith sticked her tongue out at him. She honestly didn't listen to what Shrike said making annoying noises all around him.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:05 pm

This fox described her motives for her actions as instinct, in a way. This made no sense to Caen. He opened his mouth to speak, before noticing Shrike arrive. Liela almost immediately disappeared to the nearby bar, whilst Lillith began heckling the marine, again. Caen turned his head towards the cat demon. "I said that's enough, Lillith!" He spoke in a more stern tone. Shrike gave his piece, suggesting what to do next towards Caen. The hedgehog nodded, holding his hand towards the vixen. "If you say that this behaviour is in your nature, come with me, I'll try and help you beat this habit. Like I said, if you wasn't like this, you really could do great things. I wanna help you get there."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:53 pm

" Caen I trust you on this, you probably the right guy to handle this kind of thing, I have something else to sort out, but don't be to long ok, storm is really bad, probably going to get worse. And as for you...fluffy, I will be watching you, and Caen here does not take likely to back stabbers. Now if you excuse me."

-Shrike turned his back to them and ventured off, his direction was of course the bar, simply choosing to ignore the purple cat he had to explain some things, and of course clear it up wit her.

Of course him and words didn't go very well, he was not good with that kind of thing yet he was willing to try and talk things through at least for her sake.-

" Liela? Liela are you here some where ?" 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:54 am

Lillith straightened up and got stiff when Caen told her it was enough again. Almost like how a little kid gets tense when a parent corrects them. Lillith stayed like that until Shrike left. She looked at Caen. "You know I hate him Caen. Why always defend him? I know very well what he did was not right and still you're just chill with it? What am I going to have to go through the break of habit crap you're going to give not so gaint anymore here?

Liela was sitting on the chair where the broken table was. She looked up to see who had came to the bar. When she found out it was shrike she looked down at the ground crossing her arms.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:16 am

"Lillith... I'm sorry if I scared you, but Shrike is a good man. His methods are where he can trip up, and I can see he's trying to be less aggressive. However, I know what he's been through. It could send any man insane. So, I'm not asking for you to like him, I'm just asking for you to give him a break, 'cause he's trying his best." Caen said, trying to keep his voice calm. He turned his head to the vixen, putting on hand underneath his chin, "now, I have no idea where to start to help you out with this... I know! I think we should start by apologising to the townspeople, and Shrike, Lillith and Liela. How about that?"
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:29 pm

-Shrike slowly made his way over to her, he stood there for a moment trying to figure out what to say to her, rubbing the back of his neck he kinda more or less not really dealt with this kind of thing before, so he was going at least try and solve this.-

" Liela, look I am sorry alright, I had little to no control over myself during that state, I had enough in me not to totally flip our and attack you or Caen, but push came to shove and I needed to do any thing to protect this place, even if it meant tampering with something I originally was suppose to dispose of.

What ever I said that was not me, that was the anger the rage sphere brings out on you, all the spheres have a down side, there was little to nothing I can do.

Also you should know me by now Liela, you know that I am not right in the head, I can't fit it, I don't know how to act normal, I lost that a long time ago, this new way of life is about as close as I will ever get to what I always wanted.

Yes no one probably will like me for obvious reasons, but at least I know I am doing the right thing, even if I have to go to the far reaches to find it, some things can be changed others can not. 

You probably one of a hanful and if even a handful that I would protect to the very end, hence why I turned my back and left I put to much chance to risk of hurting you, don't think I could live with that.

So all I can really say is I am sorry, I am sorry I am the way I am but I can't change that, I can change other things but well I'v seen to much to ever go back, at least on my own." 

-Shrike didn't know what more to say so he left it at that, he had to return to over see Caen and their former enemy to see if progress was being made, he hoped something at least made sense in that speech.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:31 pm

"If shrike was trying his best then he'd be all like" Oh hey Lillith, rainy day right? You know I'm sorry about killing and making every demon disappear around expect for you. Didn't know you actually liked them or anything." I'd give him a break If he'd try. " Then Lillith turned to the vixen. "You don't know how to apologize? Wow you sound just like me when I was first summoned to this planet. " 

Liela listened keeping her head down. She looked at shrike when he was finished. "You promise you won't do a crazy stunt like that again...or at least near me? It's just....... you've always scared me when your mad. I don't want to be scared of a friend."
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:45 pm

"Lillith, some demons do not belong here, as they only threaten others' wellbeing. Even you must know that," Caen said sharply, before turning back to the fox once more "apologising is showing that you regret your actions to another person, usually through saying that you are sorry." Caen explained.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:44 am

-Shrike hesitated at the exit of the bar, upon hearing her words, she wanted to hear him say something, but he knew it would hard for to hear what he really wanted to say, something she probably would never accept.-

" No, I can't promise you any thing like that, I am the way I am, this is why I went to the furthest reaches, to get away from it, or at least as far as I possibly could. To avoid it happening often and perhaps over time finally just let it go, but even out here it seems it still finds me. 

I don't want to loose what I have, I spent to much time loosing many things, now I want to rebuild. But I guess there will always be a part of me that will be the Shrike you knew but also the Shrike I wanna be, this is as close as I will ever get. Try not to worry about me, worry bout yourself, you also got things to do in this world."

-Shrike left the bar after that, he intended to find out from Caen what was going on.-

"Caen!? Where are you man." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next