Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beyond the horizon

+2
Dogy9978
Shrike Marine
6 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Beyond the horizon - Page 10 Empty Re: Beyond the horizon

Post by Shrike Marine Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:36 am

- The armored figure had manage to get fairly close to where he wanted to be laying down fire on any one trying to stop him, however he had strung 2 more automated defensive turrets freezing him dead in his tracks, lowering his weapon he slowly shifts to look at the two guns pointing at him.

Shrike had now just run straight into a hellish cross fire of turrets, lead came waves towards him, just impossible for to dodge or get out of the way. The first round struck his armor followed by another and another and another until he was barraged by multiple shots over and over again.

Sparks flew off his armor and helmet as the bullets smashed into him, stumbling back as each shell took a direct him again him. He tried to raise his weapon to shoot back but the weapon was soon blasted out the grip of his hand as more bullets continued to collided into him. 

Eventually the armored figure back upped a few paces and collapsed onto the his back with a thud, he did not move nor show any attempts to get back up. It was unclear if he was even alive after taking that many shots.-

Last edited by Shrike Marine on Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:51 pm

Liela turned to where she shot the beams and noticed the turret was aiming right at her. She gasped and began to quickly run to some sort of cover. The turret only hit the side of her clothes and the side flesh but nothing to major as she didn't stop running until she was safely behind some cover. She was bleeding a little. Lillith ran to Caen. "I don't think you're going to have any luck with that!!! Just ditch it and do something else before those other turrets lose interest on big green!!!"
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:49 pm

CHING!
Caen's blade bounced off of the thick metal plating that surrounded the turret, causing sparks to fly around him. Caen stumbled, struggling to stay on top of the moving turret. He crouched down to try and keep his balance somewhat. "ugh, it was worth a shot," Caen muttered.

Caen stood up again when he heard Lillith shouting up to him. According to her, other turrets were focusing on Shrike, which made Caen breathe heavier. "What? Shrike's in trouble- WHOA!" Caen cut himself off when he finally lost his balance and tumble off of the side. He immediately reacted out of instinct, trying to dig his sword into the side to catch his fall. Out of complete and utter dumb luck, his blade caught in the cracks formed by Shrike's grenade. Presumably, this would sever any wires contained inside.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Shrike Marine Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:30 pm

-Moments pass by and Shrike did not move at all, finally after some time shrike's arm lifted up, he seemed to rock back and forth before throwing himself onto his stomach and slowly crawling away from the turrets, he couldn't go any faster as he had sustained injuries, the firepower was just to great to even try to get close to the base, with more of the turrets still active and the possibility very high there were more around.

He crawled towards his rifle, grabbing hold of the handle, however the shot that had hit the weapon also destroyed the firing chamber of his gun, it was practically useless now at this stage, tossing it away. 

Managing to pull himself into the nearest ditch he could find he was out of danger, but the true extent of his ordeal he was about to see, Shrike had been hit 98 times but the turret, most were stopped by his armor but a few either connected with him or grassed off him, his left shoulder, left back and right chest had taken direct gun shots, which had penetrated the armor and hit him.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:09 am

Liela stayed there hiding behind cover looking at her body. "Fuck! This hurts! Then again it could be way worse..." Liela looked back and saw shrike in a very bad condition. "Way worse!!! Omg shrike!!" Liela tried to stay as much under cover as she could, traveling closer until she was with shrike in his ditch. Liela took out Recin and opened the book. "Come on, show me to a healing spell or something that'll help us!!!" The book turned to a random page. Liela didn't have time to check it it was a healing spell or not so she just said the incantation without second thought. 

Then suddenly a little fire spirit was summoned. The heat the tiny thing emitted was very great. Enough to make Liela take a few steps away. "GRRRR RECIN I ASKED FOR A HEALING SPELL FOR SHRIKE!!! " "You're such an idiot. " "HEY!!! I'LL TELL YO-" "No I don't want to hear it. Just use the healing spell." And then the book turned a couple pages before landing on the healing light page.Liela immediately said the words and a light Aura surrounded shrike healing his wounds. Liela kneeled down to shrike. "Are you ok now?"

The fire spirit, seeing as it's summoner didn't need it's help, started skipping away from the ditch and in the line of fire of the turrets. It left a trail of fire behind it. Despite the fire spirit skipping likes little girl, it was chanting Something girls wouldn't say. "Burn...burn..i love the burning sound! Burn everything, burn everyone, down to the ground!" Lillith heard the song and looked at the spirit before tapping Caen very suddenly. "We got to be not here Caen!! We have to get away from the turrets now!!!" Lillith said that before slowly walking away to cover.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:43 pm

After Caen regained his composure, the hedgehog heard the crackle of electricity, before looking up and seeing the sword he was holding onto sticking out of the turret. "That didn't sound good," Caen said plainly, hearing what Lillith had to say, but kind of ignoring it.

Caen pulled his legs upwards, putting his feet onto the side of the turret, yanking out his sword and propelling himself away from the weapon. He landed with a small amount of finesse, using one of his arms to break the fall. "This thing's gonna blow," he said to Lillith "you need to move, now!" Caen said, standing up straight and running away from the turret. In the corner of his eye, he saw the fire spirit, but shook his head and decided to ignore it. He'd rather not end up as an equally red stain on the grass.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:17 pm

-Shrike was about 50 different versions of messed up, thankfully her coming to his aid ensured he was not gonna be bleeding out any time soon, if not for his armor those turrets would of shredded him like a piece of paper going through a officer shredder. Dazed, confused and dizzy her voice was like a muffled tone he couldn't make out what she was saying.

As the spell took effect, mending the wounds of the armored figure so did the return of his true sight and hearing, the pain going away as if he never got shot to begin with, shaking his head rather quickly he brings himself around, finding the fox before him looking directly down at him, the only words he heard were if he was alright.

Shrike placed a hand on his helmet moving it down to over his chest armor then back onto his helmet, all the bullet wounds were gone he was back to himself. Slowly lifting his head to look at her, he couldn't really think what to say until finally snapping out of the fact he was not dead.-

"How in the...Yea yea I am fine...thanks for the timed save..I think..pretty sure I was bleeding out and half dead but I guess that spell book came in handy....I owe you one.

Listen we can not attack that base just the 4 of us it is suicide, it is to well defended, we can barely handle one turret and who knows how many are protecting it, we didn't even get close to breaching the wall..we have to pull out Liela all of us we have to go now or we will all be killed off. This is not a battle we can win, but I think I know some one who can even the odds...see if you can get Caen and Lilith to pull back. 

I'll put a call through to them see what the situation is."

-Shrike stood back up moving down the ditch till he was away from her, he looks down at a small device he pulled from the webbing on his armor, pressing the button the device generated a open radio tone, holding button in he spoke.-

" Hyperion assault this is...this is Shrike do you read me over."

-Some one picked up from the other side.-

" Well, well if it ain't Shrike how goes it man been a while since I heard from you, what can I do for you ?" 

"Yea I am in a situation here, a pretty big one any chance I could well use your assistance in the matter, I have some wako nut case and a whole military formation here busy shelling a innocent town, and no they are not G.U.N we know they can be dickheads but even they wouldn't go this far, they come from the "Other side" How quickly can you get here ? "

" Well I did say if you needed a favor I would be willing to help and just so happens we are not occupied our self, we will settle the score and deal with this issue of your's,  transmit your position, myself and 2 others will be on route with some heavy ordinance." 

"Alright transmitted should see up on your HUD now I need you here ASAP we getting our asses handed to us!"

" We will be there, Hyperion assault en route ETA  10 mins, lucky for you we are fairly near by, we will be bringing the rain." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:36 pm

Liela nodded at Shrike before making a run for it to the others. The fire spirit didn't look fazed by being shoot because everything shot just went through it. It started to skip closer to one if the turrets. Lillith had ran away with cean when the turret exploded. She hid behind cover. "Well that was close but that's just one turret. How are we going t-" "We have to retreat now!" Liela said making it to the other two. "Shrike said we have to leave or we are just going to die doing this. And I agree. He said he knows someone that will help."
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:38 pm

Caen had barely managed to get out of the range of the blast. Sure, the flames themselves wouldn't have done much, but the amount of debris and boiling liquids held inside the turret would have done more than the hedgehog could imagine. The mere thought of these things harming him made him shudder. "One down," Caen muttered, brushing some soot off of his arm.

Liela approached him and Lillith, telling Caen that he needed to retreat, as some friend of Shrike's was coming "and how long will this 'someone' take? In the time that they take, that village could be razed to the ground. That is not a risk I'm willing to take!"
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:31 pm

-Shrike was sure that what was on the way would be more then enough to stop the threat, for a moment after the guns stopped firing there was only a moment of silence before in the distance thuds were heard coming closer and closer, something big was moving towards them, as the closer they got the very ground began to shudder under them.

-The trees shook as the sound came to a stand still, then in a awesome display, 3 large mech units smash through the treeline. Heavily armored and armed with a array of weapons the 3 humanoid shaped war machines stood about 45 feet tall and were marked by a distinct skull shaped head. 

The 3 mechs striding Caen and Liela down below them as each foot step generated a large mechanical impact sound.

" Hyperion assault on site target destination 2 kilometers and closing , all units go weapons hot and prepare to engage, close with in assault range, let's see if they can stand against us, Reaper on my left Nomad on my right, 6 meter spread distance, arm counter measure systems. " 

-Shrike got out of the small ditch upon which they were residing in he moved up near to the colossal war machines as they were making their advance, new weapon in hand he was acting as a ground soldier supporting the larger units.-

" Come on you two the big guns have arrived it's time for some pay back stay close to the assault mechs and let them do most of the world." 

-These large machines were painted in a distinct grey and red with large G.U.N symbols on the left shoulder armor plates yet they seem to be well worn out at this stage.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:03 am

Liela was going to reply to cean but then she heard some thumping noise in the distance. "What is happening?!" Liela hid in some other cover near cean until she saw a few big mechs. She was about to shoot at them but saw shrike come over an talk saying we should let the mechs have their way. "' is this the back up you were talking about!? Oh my god" Liela said getting closer to one of the mechs. Lillith just rolled her eyes. "They look old." The fire spirit continued it's childish skips towards to the turrets until it got close enough to the turrets to poke it.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:50 pm

As Liela was about to reply to Caen's response, a loud, slow thumping echoed through the forest. Caen grimaced, muttering "is this girl really that much of a coward?" Before shouting to Liela "get behind me!"
He noticed that Liela had ducked into a nearby bush, rather than doing as Caen ordered "or... That works too, I guess,"

The whirr of machinery was the first thing to signify what was coming, before three massive mechs emerged from the forest. One thing that stuck out as odd, though, was that these were very clearly old G.U.N. models. Perhaps this was the backup that Liela was talking about?

The hedgehog's suspicions were confirmed through Shrike's shouting. With this sheer amount of help, Caen thought, he, Shrike and Liela could take down whatever dark force was so intent on harming the townspeople.

"Shrike, you amaze me more and more each time I meet you," Caen said to him. He cupped his hands around his mouth to try and shout up to whoever was in the mechs "I'm guessing Shrike filled you in, sir?"
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:25 pm

-The 3 mechs were known as Atlas class assault mechs, built to spear head attacks with their thick armor to absorb large amounts of damage, the 3 large mechanized units moved in closer until they were in range to use most of their firepower.-

" Hyperion assault unit hold position, confirmed multiple ground forces including artillery positions, alright boys switch to missiles target spread 200 meters arm salvo's "

-The 3 large mechs line up beside one another, their left and side torsos seem to show holes, these holes were missile tubes, before long dozens upon dozens of missiles started to leave their racks one after the next after the next, until the sky started to fill with smoke trails of untold amounts of missiles heading for the compound. 

" Here comes the rain! Alright Hyperion assault close with in full arsenal range, load your guns we gonna bring down the hammer commence full assault, max speed, you guys below..try to keep up."

-The 3 large mechs throttle up to their full speed closing with in range to bring the the rest of their guns in range. Shrike down below was going in for the attack as well right besides the giant mechs, he was not standing out of this fight.-

"Come you guys let's kick some ass! "

-Perhaps he was enjoying this a little to much, but when you got giant mechs with enough firepower to level cities you can not help but feel the adrenaline serge through you, with the back up weapon Shrike had he to went to town discharging weapons fire at the base besides Reapers mech.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:24 pm

( Doggo ? )
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:32 pm

((rip my notifications. Give me a couple minutes.))

Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:21 pm

((that's a long couple of minutes...))
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:39 am

((heh what can I say.))

Liela had to back up when the mechs started shooting missiles. There was so many of them. Before long the mechs started heading to the base and shrike went right beside telling Liela and the others to go and fight. Liela was about to go with them but Lillith put her hand in the way. "This man is mad...Insane! You shouldn't be joining him in this madness!" "Lillith there is a village that is getting destroyed! I'm not going to just stand here! Now let's go!" Liela started running behind on of the mechs. Lillith turned to cean. "Please don't tell me you are going to go back! You'll die!!" The fire spirit turned it's attention when it saw the mechs. It started to skip towards them with no fear at all.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:38 am

( Mr red you up. )
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:03 pm

The men in the mechanical suits seemed to all but ignore the tiny hedgehog that formed a speck beneath their feet. He wasn't surprised, to be honest, due to the very loud machinery that made up the three behemoths. Shrike ran ahead when the three mechs began to unload the salvo, firing missile after missile at the base, filling the air with loud whistling of rocket propellers. Shrike ran ahead, attempting to storm the base, telling both Caen and Liela to storm ahead. Lillith stopped Liela when she went to follow, mentioning that Shrike was most likely insane, and that the lot of the were likely to die. Liela replied to the cat, telling her that it was more important than that, before she ran ahead.

Lillith looked at Caen, telling Caen that he couldn't go back, as he could die. Caen started to smile, before chuckling "Lillith, wow. I thought you didn't care about us mortals. Well, except for Liela... Look, all of us have fought much worse than some jumped up bastards with delusions that they are part of some great army." Caen began to walk past Lillith, before stopping. He held a hand towards the demon. "C'mon, we can do this."

The hedgehog's eyes began to wander towards the fire spirit "uh... Lillith, is that... Uh... Thing yours? It's getting... Really close to the mechs."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:22 am

-The 3 mechs carved a wave of destruction, pouring large amounts of ordinance down range, at any one stupid enough to stand up against them, these large machines were built to do this kind of work spear heading attacks.

Seemed like their overkill doctrine was more then enough to break the defenses and they had not even gotten with in assault range. They spared nothing and no one just like Shrike when in the thick of battle they went a little overboard. 

They pummeled the shield with blow after blow of heavy firepower slowly weathering it down enough to at least allow the ground personal to get in.

" Yea! run you son's a bitches. Alright press forward, Hyperion assault force I want that base to look like the surface of the moon, destroy every thing. Burn those guys out and shoot who is to stupid to run, confirm ?" 

" Nomad copies time to light em up." 

" Reaper here understood, watch your little head down there green boy."

-Shrike was all for it breaching the wall only catching a small fragment of the smirk like comment he got from Reaper, he was on the move and looking for her, he personally wanted to find her and deal with her. However his searching operation would soon be interrupted.-

"Hey Shrike I had to break it to you, radar is lighting up like a pin ball machine looks like we got company coming back for round two, we will hold here, the shield won't last much longer, once it is down we will finish destroying this place."

" Solid copy Striker, Alright Liela, Caen let's get to work, get inside there find those ammo dumps and blow them to hell. Striker told me we got more bad guy's coming this ain't over. Let's go!" 

Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next