Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

December Event Week 1

+11
Funkydude527
Nexus
Mephiles the Dark
Midknight
ChaoticBou
Knuxtiger4
Shadow
Tyson_the_Comet
DeuxExDimensia
lady-tragedy
Uncanny-Illustrator
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

December Event Week 1 Empty December Event Week 1

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:08 pm

The sun shimmered high in the sky, well indicating the mid day timeframe. It's rays peeking through a few clouds that had taken to hiding the glowing orb away from sight. Even with the rays it was far from warm. Even without the wind it was cold. Not the freezing cold, but the type of cold that hangs in the air a few days before frost will greet the city. Breath showing up once in a while, but not as intense, just ever so slightly a whisk of white.

Crowds, they didn't often form on peaceful days like today. But yet, there were a small crowd forming about a board filled with taped on posters and the likes. It stood tall near the entrance of the park with different colored papers stuck to it. Each reading a different thing, from people trying to sell their useless things to posters of missing pets.

Non of those seemed to be what was of most interest to this crowd. Oh no. All attention seemingly was towards a small 'wanted' poster. On a far away few it didn't really stand out from the rest at all, just an average poster. But it certainly seemed to draw quite the attention to it.

It's paper upon a closer look a light sandy brown. No image on it, just a bunch of text that was cluttered to say the least. From the whispers and words it was clear that the text, despite it's hard to read handwriting, was the cause of this slow growing crowd.

'For years I have searched alone but I fear I no longer am able to do so on my own. Now what have I been searching for? A weapon that had it's pieces spread out and about.
It is said to be powerful enough to change the world!
I however lack knowledge on what it looks like but have managed to get at least one bit of information. A riddle that I found at the end of the trail of clues I found.
-"Older than it looks as it stands in the meeting place for many. It seen many meet, many fall in love and even see people die at it's stone base. It's water flowing as the sun will keep on rising. Yet no lake or river attached to it."-

Please if you could, reunite these pieces before that end of the year in the park and I will reward you greatly!'

---------------------------
((You are only allowed to post ONCE till either me or Spekkal posts again))
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

December Event Week 1 Empty Re: December Event Week 1

Post by lady-tragedy Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:05 pm

Scrible scrible scrible

The white and light blue furred hedgehog slowly lifted the pen from the paper he'd been scribbling on. Narrowing his eyes at the wanted poster, then looking at his paper to see if he had indeed noted it all down correctly. He tucked the piece of paper into the pocket of his thick high collared coat , tucking his hands into his pockets and snuggling deeper into his coats collar. It was show more then anything, for he didn't feel the cold at all. It might as well be summer to him.

He detached himself from the crowd to join the two girls standing near the edge of the crowd. One was a hedgehog like himself, white furred, but not a natural white. It was the whispy white of an albino. Which was quite evident from her pinkish red eyes and her pigmentless nose as well. The other girl was a snowleopard, well mostly anyway. The stiffness of her 'hair'  indicated some other species had been thrown into the mix somewhere. She was a little on the chubby side, she didn't wear a coat, but a thick wool turtleneck sweater with a snowman on it and a long skirt.

"Well? whats the fuss about Terrant?"The albino practically jumped him when he came into ear shot, brimming with a high energy excitement. The snowleopard didn't say anything but gave him a look that echoed the albino's question. Terrant snorted, casting a look back at the crowd"It's a wanted ad..." he started, before taking a step back to reclaim some personal space as the albino got in his face. " AAAAAAND?" she asked, leaning in further and causing him to lean back with a mildly annoyed look.

"Mikki...you'd learn what you want to know a lot faster if you didn't interupt him..." The snow leopard chided her companion in a meek, soft voice. "But he's dramatising and dragging it out!" she huffed and crossed her arms, giving the only male in their company a 'well, get on with it!' look. The Snow leopard grimaced apolageticly at him.

"Appearantly..." Terrant drawled, making a show of brushing himself off and giving Mikki a withering look"Someone is offering a reward if we can collect pieces of a weapon and bring it here... with only a poem as a clue as to were the pieces might be...". " Reward? Clues?" Mikki practically burbled, clapping her hands together in excitement"That sounds great! whats the clue! whats the reward? where do we start looking?!

The Snowleopard looked thoughtfull though" Uhm... if these are pieces of a weapon... should we really want to look for them...?" She hesitated before adding" If it's anything powerfull... It could be dangerous...and we don't know what this person would do with it right..?". The albino hedgehog huffed, planting her hands on her hips " God Amya you're such a spoil sport!". "No... she's only being reasonable..." Terrant said softly, raising a placating hand" the ad said it could change the world..".

"So? Lots of things can change the world!" Mikki threw her hands up in digust" I don't see the problem here! I mean helloooo if we don't get them someone else will! Someone tries to destroy something or other all the time! I say we get something out of it! besides it'll be fun! kill some boredom at the very least".

Terrant and Amya looked at each other, Amya unsure and Terrant questioningly. The male finally simply shrugged" Eh, I guess why the hell not... Though if the reward is 'the feeling that comes from doing good and the gratitude of a dying man'  I am going to make sure the guy won't be dying any longer..." he smacked a fist into his open palm" He'll be dead". The snow leopard gave him a quelling look, obviously not taking him at all serious.

He took the paper from his coat pocket " So we've got the riddle ' Older than it looks as it stands in the meeting place for many. It seen many meet, many fall in love and even see people die at it's stone base. It's water flowing as the sun will keep on rising. Yet no lake or river attached to it.'".

"So... its like...a fountain?" Amya asked slowly and the two hedgehogs looked at her in confusion, causing her to fidget and stammer" I-I mean... a fountain is made of stone..and has flowing water... besides.. lots of public meeting places have fountains...". The two hedgehogs exchanged another look before Terrant shrugged slightly and said"well.. that does make the most sense...".
lady-tragedy
lady-tragedy
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:25 pm

A predominately white hedgehog pushed his way through the crowd, pulling his scarf up to his mouth and shivering as he went. "Hey, okay, I just want to read it!" He called, impatiently shoving people out of the way to take a look at this scrap of paper. His navy blue scarf fell back down to it's usual position as he talked. He frowned, leaving it as it was. When he finally stood in front of the paper, he stared at it, getting closer, almost totally blocking the view for the other mobians reading the message. He stood back, making the view clearer for everyone, and clapped his hands together. 

"... I don't get it." He admitted, totally out loud, whether people were listening or not. He read it over again. Nope, nothing. Third time's the charm? Aaaand, no bells ringing. He was completely and utterly stumped, but one thing was for sure- he wanted that weapon. The hedgehog slipped his way back out of the crowd, trying to figure out what he was going to do. At this point, he was probably hopeless and it would've been better to go home and have some hot chocolate or something. But that's not how Lumin operated! He would get that weapon no matter what, because it sounded awesome!

He looked around, there had to be someone that could help him, or some other clue that didn't require him to think too hard. Not to say that he was stupid, but he wasn't bright either and riddles definitely weren't his cup of tea. Okay, maybe he was a little dull when it came to a lot of things- but that means nothing!
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyson_the_Comet Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Zetski, Echo, and Tyson just so happened to be walking towards this very crowd, curious themselves. Earlier they had heard some talk about a riddle and a reward, but what mainly got Zetski's attention about it was the fact that it was like some sort of scavenger hunt, but with weapon pieces, which meant for him, machinery!

Gripping a black and yellow toolbox in his right hand, he shuffled in it with his free hand, pulling out a pair of high-tech binoculars. Echo spoke, concerned. "Zetski, why don't we just wait until the crowd dims out or something?" Tyson calmly looked between the two.

"Because by the time that happens, a dozen people will have already set out to find it!" Zetski replied. "Don't worry, I can probably read it once we get a few yards closer."

They manage to stand just a yard from the crowd, Zetski with his binoculars pressed against his eyes, Tyson now holding the toolbox for him. Zetski twists a couple of dials on the binoculars, and reads the riddle to Tyson and Echo, occasionally stopping for a moment to wait for a passerby to stop blocking the view. He finishes the statement, and removes the binoculars from his face. "Meeting place... stone bank... flowing water... no lake or river attached."

"It's gotta be a fountain, right?" Tyson asked in a hushed tone, making sure to not spoil it for anyone else spying on them. "It fits the description well, at least." Echo was busy writing the details down on a notepad he had pulled out of a green bookbag slung across his back. "It does seem the most logical. But which one? There's more than one fountain, you know."

"Well, we'll start out with the closest one, and we'll head on from there."

"Or, we could just follow another group that's going the right way."

"Better idea. But who?"

They then looked through the crowd from that distance, keeping an eye out for anyone who might know what's going on. Echo closed his eye and shifts his left foot a bit, entering his Sonar Vision. "I can only hear what's going on through each conversation for so long... we must be quick."

He listens for anyone who might know the way.
Tyson_the_Comet
Tyson_the_Comet
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:26 am

Glancing over the peculiar piece of paper, Shadow the hedgehog was brought into the mystery full of curiosity. A weapon that could change the world? He only knew of one weapon that could do that, and the only material that one was made of was metal, not stone. Despite the cold air, Shadow simply wore a red scarf, hardly bothered by the cool air that most people would find unbearable. He'd been through worse circumstances, and ran through much colder weather without a scarf, so he didn't have much to worry about. 

"Older than it looks as it stands in a meeting place for many," he read, keeping this information in memory. "It seen many meet, many fall in love, and even seen people die at its stone base. Its water flowing as the sun will keep on rising. Yet no lake or river attached to it." This was a strange mystery indeed. It looks new, but is actually old. It's seen life, but has also seen death. It has water near it, yet no river or lake. Well, it can't be the Master Emerald, then. Angel Island is surrounded by a large body of water. This must be a new kind of weapon.

Ignoring the increasingly growing crowd, Shadow left the scene in search for clues. This was indeed a mystery worth investigating, though he was hardly in it for the prize. He supposed that if it was some kind of jewel that he'd give it to Rouge, knowing that she'd appreciate it much more than he would. He was more interested in how it could change the world. It was a weapon, so perhaps it wasn't for the best, but there could be a chance that it could change it for the better.

Shadow knew that it was not a probable possibility, but it was still worth investigating, even if it was bad. Because if he did investigate, and found the pessimistic thought true, then he could put a stop to it. Perhaps. To be honest this was more of something that Sonic, Tails and their other friends would do, but he had to admit that this would be the first time in a while that he'd try to figure out something this interesting. 

So, with all these clues in mind, Shadow walked off into the opposite direction that the crowd was staring, and that the paper was at. What sort of mysteries did this weapon hold? Shadow was almost certain that he'd figure it out.
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:48 am

Well wasn't exactly one of the nicest day out today but seems like the commotion at the local board got his attention.  Word got out fast about the board, some posters on it that was drawing people out of their homes and apartments to read it.  

Walking a strange gait, a rather well dress bat started to walk towards the crowd forming at the board.  It was clear that the red and gold colored jacket he was wear along with the black pants and various cuffs on him that he was that of a higher class than most of the people there.  What was also clear that he was a vampire bat by the shape of his wings and those nice pointy pearly whites that seems to poke out of his mouth.

He held an elegant umbrella, using it to protect him from the few sun rays that were piercing through the clouds.  Not really in much of a rush either as he slowly walked over and waited behind the crowd before he calmly and quietly walked over to the board to get a good look at this 'poster' everyone was talking about.  Staring at it intensely with his red eyes, he read it over a few times before stepping away from the board and stood on the sidewalk now.

"What do I have to lose?" he thought to himself.  "I've been doing nothing but hanging out at the high end places and that gentlemen did tell me I should find something to do to entertain myself.  Plus it has a reward and can't not be tempted by that." he smirked a bit as he looked around at the others around him.  "I should be able to outwit and smart most of these folks." he added as he watched the people around him, eyeing up the competition he would be up against.
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:32 pm

Two cyan foxes were still slowly reading the wanted poster. One of them was female, which looked more green that the fox next to her. She was already wearing a thick, purple coat and a black scarf together with gloves. The other fox was more blue and just wore his normal green sweater. He did wear gloves what he doesn't normally do.

"So someone needs parts of a weapon huh?" "Riddles! I love riddles! We could find these parts! Maybe it'll make everyone happy!" "I think the weapon has greater chance of it destroying things. Bad stuff could happen when it falls in the wrong hands. We better try to find these parts before anyone with evil intentions does it" "Wow. A treasure hunt. This time without mom and dad, right?" The female fox shrugged. "Only if this thing isn't far away. Hopefully we're not participating in something really dangerous"
"I think it isn't far away Luka" The female fox asked "How do you know?" Boubka grinned "This riddle obviously means that we have to go to a fountain. The question is; which fountain? I'm guessing it's not far away from here though!" 

They struggled out of the crowd. The male fox saw a face that he recognized. He walked to Echo. "Hey there! Didn't see you in a while! I think I never actually introduced myself to you. I'm Boubka. And something tells me that you're trying to find these weapon parts where all this fuzz is about. Do you know where the closest fountain from here is?" Luka mumbled a bit. "We could also just look around y'know" "Asking is always the better option!" Luka sighed
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:26 pm

The cold weather was actually enjoyed by a particular feminine looking icy blue reptilian. Today he sported his regular sweater and super-skinny jeans combo, but due to it being the festive season he was wearing a knitted-Christmas-decorated sweater. The cold never bothered him, in fact it was more comfortable and relaxing to him more than anything.

Anyway, like every other citizen in the area he was also curious as the rest of them. After much polite "Excuse me" 's, "please" 's and "Could I squeeze through here?" 's he finally made it through the ocean of Mobians and creatures. He squinted his eyes as he tried to read it, there were still a few people in front of him but he was close enough to just make out what the handwriting said. 

Midknight enjoyed riddles, he enjoyed to think and figure things out. Problem solving. If only he could solve all the worlds problems, alas, this was another to add to his list.  He heard the murmurs of the crowd discussing the weapon, where the riddle was talking about, hearing a lot of people saying 'fountain'. He felt he should scout around, maybe gather a group of people to aid him...or he could do it himself..? He was curious, a weapon? What weapon? What if it got in the wrong hands? All things that were probably going through everyone else's heads. 

He clapped his hands together several times to gather the attention of others, "Hello everyone?" he says, with a surprisingly loud and assertive voice for such a frail and gentle looking creature. "Does anyone want to come with me in search of a fountain? I feel for the safety of their being a dangerous weapon within the city people are going to have to work together...Or does anyone have a map of the city? That could be helpful...Anyone?..okay..." his voice drifted to silence. He hadn't even got an answer and the attention filled him with a hot, fuzzy, uncomfortable, -awkward- feeling.
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephiles the Dark Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:36 pm

There was one particular hedgehog that was reading the wanted poster out of curiosity. He looked like another particular hedgehog, just, well...more of the same, really, with grayish-blue streaks running vertically on his spikes, greenish-yellow reptilian eyes, and surprisingly, no mouth. Well, what's this? he thought, his eyes widening almost instantly. The hedgehog, Mephiles, read on further, eventually coming to reason. "A weapon that could change the world, it has been meant to make people fall in love when they meet as it stands. These people who have met also have faced death in the sense of life." At the mention of the word 'death', Mephiles became interested immediately and walked away from the wanted poster, beginning his search.

(I may or may not be on, so my turn might have to be skipped.)
Mephiles the Dark
Mephiles the Dark
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

http://lozskullkid.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:55 pm

Fleeting whispers in the crowd as others tried to figure out just what this riddle meant. As well as thoughts and mumbles about what this weapon could be and how it could be so strong. Assumptions were made and ideas tossed out. Some making the most perfect sense and some clearly had no read the paper correctly. But that was always a risk with things like this now wasn't it? people bound to not read closely or miss understand it completely.

However what was fact was that the majority of whispers and words seemed to agree on one thing. Whatever the riddle was pointing to, it was a fountain. Which had led right into the next issue though, which fountain? There were a few around in Station Square. The park, within that office building, on one of the open town squares. But which was truly the one out of the riddle?

As it was most tossed the idea to the one in the town square due to it being the closed to where this billboard stood. And few had started to slink off in that direction. Slowly thinning the crowd out as the first ones started hunting down the clues. A few argued about the one in the office building, debunking that right away. It had been placed only recently and thus was not old enough to be considered at all.

However it seemed, non had yet to consider the one at the park. The only out of the three fountains that had not been destroyed when the rest of Station Square was wrecked. Perhaps this was partly thought due to the last big event having been near it. Funny how life sometimes works.
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:02 pm

Midknight sulks and his pointed furry ears sag as he huffs, "No?.. No one."

He tightens a fist, "Guess I have to take my own initiative..." he thinks to himself, watching the rows of Mobians peels and decrease, one by one. 

"I better get a move on, seems everyone else is already after it..C'mon Mid..think..think...!". He tried to remember the fountains. There was one in the park for sure, and the town square..and the office building. Was that all of them? He takes a deep breath, trying not to panic in the situation. "Maybe the park? Not many people have gone in that direction...It's worth a try.."

Midknight starts to make a light jog to the Park Fountain, the clump of hair on top of his head bopping up and down as he did so.
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nexus Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:55 pm

Coming from a jewelry shop, leaving a bewildered jeweler, Pandor saw a crowd dispersing from what seemed to be a sheet of paper. Pandor carried a large pouch that overflowed with rubies. Pandor walked over to it and he took a look at it.

It read:

'For years I have searched alone but I fear I no longer am able to do so on my own. Now what have I been searching for? A weapon that had it's pieces spread out and about.
It is said to be powerful enough to change the world!
I however lack knowledge on what it looks like but have managed to get at least one bit of information. A riddle that I found at the end of the trail of clues I found.
-"Older than it looks as it stands in the meeting place for many. It seen many meet, many fall in love and even see people die at it's stone base. It's water flowing as the sun will keep on rising. Yet no lake or river attached to it."-

Please if you could, reunite these pieces before that end of the year in the park and I will reward you greatly!'

Pandor looked over the first line about the one searching for the object. Obiviously this one would have been one that was aging or injured while searching for the item in question, a weapon, or at least parts of a weapon that would complete it as a whole.

'A weapon that has the power to change the world.' Pandor thought as he looked over that particular line a couple of times. 'This weapon may either be used for good or for evil. I should go along to look for this weapon and maybe I can determine if it should be confined or freely given away.'

Knowledge of weapons were a specialty of Pandor's, seeing it was his craft, and he was always on the search for legendary weapons that could cause much destruction to keep them from those that would exploit their power for evil.

He went back to the line that stating something about flowing water and no body of water nearby. He knew then that this meant something man made or artificial in nature. Gathering his composure, he quickly made his way back to his weapon shop.

Nexus sat peacefully, awaiting the arrival of Pandor. He looked around the shop, per the norm, as he waited for his friend to return.
"I wonder how come I never get to go out on errands." Nexus thought aloud. "I never get to do anything fun around here."
Nexus turned around and nearly jumped a mile, for there in the doorway was Pandor, panting as if he ran a marathon.
"You ok?" Nexus asked as he came over to Pandor, concern on his face.
"I need a map of the city." Pandor said impatiently and urgency.
"Ok, but I don't know how much good it will do you." Nexus said as he searched for one.
Pandor placed the pouch of rubies on a table and began helping Nexus and quickly found one. Pandor quickly looked on it and began marking all of the man made structures that held or produced water within the city.
'Older than it looks as it stands as a meeting place for many. It seen many meet, many fall in love and even seen people die at its stone base. Its water flowing as the sun will keep on rising. Yet no lake or river attached to it.'
The phrase rang in Pandor's mind for what seemed an eternity.
"Older than it looks as it stands as a meeting place for many. It seen many meet, many fall in love and even seen people die at its stone base. Its water flowing as the sun will keep on rising. Yet no lake or river attached to it." Pandor said absentmindedly.
Being cleverer than most, or at least than Pandor, Nexus came up with an answer almost immediately.
"I think this riddle refers to a fountain." Nexus said. "There are three within town, though I don't know exactly where they are located."
Pandor looked down at the map. "There's one at the the park, one within an office building, and at one of the open town squares." He pointed them out for Nexus to see.

"Man I feel stupid." Nexus said, looking at the map.

"We must find out what this means. You go to the one in the office building, I will take the one at the town square. We will meet up at the one in the park." Pandor said. "Take this. You never know what you will find when you reach the fountain." Pandor said as he tossed Nexus a earthen colored mace.

Nexus placed it down. Doubt I will be seen as friendly entering an office building with a weapon."

Pandor nodded in agreement. Nexus went off. Pandor grabbed his overlarge quiver that carried around works in which to gain new customers. It held one cloth covered longsword, an electric yellow colored sword that cackled with electricity, A fire red colored mace, a shotgun that emitted a whitish colored glow. Deeper within the bag there were two handguns, one that was an ice blue in color, and one that was a light grey in color.

Putting it on, he made his way to the fountain.
Nexus
Nexus
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyson_the_Comet Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:04 pm

Echo couldn't hear thoughts, which was a shame, but also a good thing. But he noticed majority of the crowd went towards the options other than the park. That seemed to bother him. However, another voice seemed to snap him out of his Sonar Vision.

He re opened his eyes, now turning towards that male cyan fox who spoke to him. "Oh, it's you again. Glad to meet you once more! Sorry I hadn't introduced myself properly. I'm Echo. These are my friends." He motioned to Tyson and Zetski. They both gave a simultaneous wave.

"Yeah, we're looking for those pieces as well. No one seemed to be going to the park, at least that what we think. You must be in on this too! Oh, and I'm Zetski." Tyson then nodded, followed by his reply. "I'm Tyson. Nice to meet the both of you."

Zetski puts the high-tech binoculars back into the toolbox, looking at the crowd then back to both of the cyan foxes. "Yeah, I think the park would be the best option." "You're welcome to join us, if you want."
Tyson_the_Comet
Tyson_the_Comet
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:55 pm

Lumin's ears perked as he listened to the groups discuss their ideas. So many people seemed to be getting together to look for this thing, and there would no doubt be a lot of competition for this thing- whatever it was. He jogged in place for a while, thinking about it as he heard mentions of fountains over and over again. A fountain, huh? He could probably find one of those. In fact, he could think of at least one fountain that might hold the answer. He looked around, no one seemed to be moving for it yet. They all still seemed to be conversing. 

He started to run in the direction of the park, but as he did, he saw the blue reptilian mobian also jogging for the park fountain. "Hey!" Lumin called to the reptile. "Everyone else is working together, maybe we could too!" He heard the reptile previously but had not seen him in the crowd. He sped up after having slowed down to a jog to converse with Midknight for a second- breaking out into a run that would allow him to cover ground very quickly. It would not be long until he reached the park fountain now!
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lady-tragedy Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:31 am

" Everyone seems to have reached the same conclusion.." Terrant muttered as he watched people fan out. Quite a few were headed straight for the park." Well the park seem pretty popular" Mikki replied, clasping her hands behind her back and rocking on her heels almost impatiently"We should check that fountain too"."I agree" Terrant told her amiably, looking in the direction of the park" It IS the oldest still standing fountain in Station Square...".

"Yes... but didn't notice say that the man was old? and had been looking for it all of his life?" Amya said slowly, causing the other two to blink"In which case the clue he's been using all this time was written before station square was destroyed" she added and comprehention dawned on the two hedgehog. Mikki scowled" well shit... what were the most public locations of the other fountains?".

"Town square had the oldest.. but there's another thing.." Terrant hesitated" we don't know if the riddle is talking about the actual weapon or if it's where you can find one of its pieces..."."Well if the fountain IS the weapon then the one in the square is certainly in pieces" Mikki quipped before grabbing terrants arm" look you two popsickles, I'm getting cold... so me and terrant will have a look at the one in the square.. nice and close to the bonfires they've got going there... Amya how about you check out the one in the park and we'll meet back here in an hour to report our findings".

The Snowleopard nodded a little, watching the two hedgehogs set off to the nearby square to have a look at where the old fountain had been and examine the new one. She shrugged a little to herself, heading towards the park, right past where some people where still examining the billboard
lady-tragedy
lady-tragedy
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkydude527 Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:14 pm

Sully had picked the wrong day for a trip to the park. Worse, he had picked the wrong place to sit. He did not know how wrong he was yet, or even that he had made a poor decision, but it would soon become apparent. He flipped the newspaper over and began to read the business section. 

Sully's day off had thus far been pretty average. A trip to the local cafe for a hot cup of cocoa, and a purchase of a newspaper from a fellow Shamari fox. He reflected on the young newspaper salesman with a bit of nostalgia. The ten-year-old's accent was thicker than Sully's, but it was more of an endearing quality than an irritating one. 

Blithely unaware of the small crowd approaching, Sully began reading an editorial on why the economy of Station Square was diversifying. Tightening his jacket and wrapping his tail around his waist for a little more warmth, he noted that this park fountain made for an excellent seat.
Funkydude527
Funkydude527
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:08 pm

"The park? That's a good guess. It would be the first place we would've visited by ourselves." Boubka nodded. "I see you guys there. But first I need to go home and get a backpack with stuff we could use. Don't worry. Our house is really close to the park" Boubka ran away, passing through any mobian that was in his way. 

Luka stayed and smiled "Well nice to meet you guys. I'm Luka. Boubka's sister. We should probably go to the park as fast as we can, before anyone bad shows up and finds the parts before us. I know the shortest way to the park. Follow me!" She waved her arm to the direction of the park and then ran that way.

While running, Boubka almost bumped into the reptile and hedgehog. He slowed down for a moment so he could just dodge the two. "Whoops sorry, but I got to go the park as fast as possible!" and he was gone.
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:28 pm

After the crowd FINALLY disappeared, a white wolf showed up. Well white in fur that is. And the fur was covered with a long flowing black coat, and black pants. Black is best colour clearly. No shoes though, the guy was walking barefoot for some reason.
Also while one of his eyes was pretty emerald green, the other one was laser-red. Because it was it. As in, his other pupil was a laser, and the whole eye was made of metal. And so was the left arm. And right foot, so leg as well probably. And all of these looked rather old compared to these new fancy prosthesis (if someone looked closer, they'd probably notice some rust here and there). Fun!
  ANYWAY, the wolf stared at the note for a moment, his brows furrowed. A while longer, and he ripped the poster off. Well that was kinda mean towards people that hadn't read it yet. But hey no-one was there anymore, SO. One more glance at the note, the wolf turned his head from side to side, narrowing his eyes. Laser focused on the group of people heading for the park. He liked the park! AND he liked people! Yeah, let's go after them!
  And so the wolf began to jog in fountain's direction as well.
  Except he was more aiming for the blue reptile rather than the water spewing stone thing. And he didn't stop before he bumped straight into the reptile, also muttering a 'hello' while he was at it. He also grabbed the poor guy's arm and pulled him so the blue one faced him now, because personal space wasn't a thing to the wolf  I guess. "So apparently everyone's looking for something near the fountain or what. I'm gonna look with you, k?" He waved the poster in poor reptile's face, then waved again, except to the white hedgehog with a smile, "Hello," and another wave to the blue fox that just ran by. "It sure is crowdy today!" The wolf chuckled and began to drag the blue reptile towards the fountain. I mean the guy was going there anyway, so not like he would mind it, no? "..So what are we looking for exactly? I didn't bother to read the whole note." The wolf glanced back at the reptile and smiled a friendly smile. He was good at this social stuff I swear.
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephiles the Dark Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:29 pm

The first place, obviously, was the park, but Mephiles wasn't going to be bothered. Well, at least, not today. He spotted a wolf dragging along with him a reptile, which caused him to shake his head in disgrace. It had been a shame that he'd been through the same thing, but there was no time to think about that... He had to get back to work, so he began looking for the machine once more.
Mephiles the Dark
Mephiles the Dark
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

http://lozskullkid.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazingshadows Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:47 pm

The young grey female cat that had been staring at the poster was a strange sight to behold.  Not only was she not wearing a coat, but she was wearing a peculiar white dress that slightly poofed out at the bottom, accompanied by a black and jacket that was long in the back and short in the front.  With this she wore black tights and white boots. Clearly, she was in no shape for the weather, although she didn't show any signs of being effected by the cold.  The most peculiar thing about this girl that stood out was the large, satin, dark purple bow tied around her neck.  It stook out, and slightly brushed against her chin.  There were two smaller bows of the same color on her boots as well.  Other than that her hair was normal:  long, grey and straight with part of it covering her left eye.  The ends were slightly dyed purple.

She stood a ways away from where the poster was- or rather where it had been.  She looked at the strange wolf who had taken it down, but didn't say anything as he ran off.  It was fine, anyway; she hadn't seen the note herself, but she had heard enough from the other people in the crowd to know what it was about.  A weapon in a fountain by a park?  It seemed interesting.... She made the decision to go check it out.  She didn't exactly know where it was since she had never been there, but she quickly followed behind the wolf, following him quietly to see the place herself.  This could end up being one heck of an adventure.
Blazingshadows
Blazingshadows
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:12 am

Those big bat ears were going to pay off once again for the bat.  He listened in on the crowd as they started to talk it up, trying to figure out what the weapon was and what the riddle meant.  "Fountain?" the bat uttered as he started to hear that word being dropped several times.  Then the guess one which fountain it was talking about started to get brought up.

"Well clearly its an ancient weapon so any recent fountains are ruled out." he thought to himself.  "Though..." a small pause, "I heard several people at the restaurant talking about 'disappearance' happening in the city and that a bunch of fools when out to that fountain in the park to try to figure out what occurred." he added to his thought.  Considering what's been happening lately he ruled in favor of checking out that fountain, seeing that people were in a hurry to the fountain itself.

"No rush at all~" he grinned a bit as his wing flapped a few times before he was airborne, slowly heading for the fountain in the park.  With umbrella in hand to help shield him from the sun, he wasn't exactly moving fast but he could at least see who was heading towards the fountain.  Up ahead he could see the fountain, in all its glory, flying overhead of it to wait and watch to see what happens next.
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CreamBunny Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:42 am

Bare feet prodded at the ground as their owner leaned against the message board and shivered despite herself while waiting for everyone to disperse. The golden brown rabbit couldnt be bothered to think for herself after reading the note, she wouldnt have known what to make of it even if she had truly paid attention while reading it anyway.  She knew everyone else would though and waiting was her best bet.

When the white wolf ran off with the paper Willakova figured that would be the last of the group and everyone seemed to get the idea of where to go rather quickly. She saw a couple more mobians follow the crowd, but overall the number was dwindling.  It looked like a rather diverse group, so no one would notice if she tagged along for a small adventure.

She dusted off her puffy white winter coat, taking in the rabbit head shaped pockets each coloured like the satin ribbons she tied at the top of her rust red ears to look like pony tails off her similarly coloured hair.  Light blue on the right, light yellow on the left. Her hands were coloured like her hair starting at a point from her elbow. The back of the coat had a small hood with faux fur fringe and rabbit ears atop it. The fringe wrapped around to the front then lined the opening of the coat before lining the bottom. It looked far warmer than it felt, or so she thought. It was always cold to her.  The sleeves of the coat looked ripped off, and no matter how cold she was she could never stand sleeves. Golden eyes watched half lidded as the crowd made some distance away before she decided that it was time to follow.  She picked up her white rabbit plush that was previously propped up against her leg and dusted her off while quickly, but nonchalantly, following the crowd.
CreamBunny
CreamBunny
Basic Member
Basic Member

https://charahub.com/user/Ruetella

Back to top Go down

Post by -Karma- Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:55 am

Trotting in front of the group stood a tall dark blue fox in a long brown trench coat with a long collar and a fold over buttoned up lapel. 
His long bushy tail wrapped over his thighs as he fixed his top hat with his wooden cane. "Hello, now what is going on here, an odd group of people going in one direction, seems like you guys are after something" The fox's face was as pale as the snow around him and his eyes, pure red. 

He had overheard the conversation back there and he knew exactly what was going on but the one thing he was after was what people wanted to use it for. 
A weapon to change the world is a very powerful thing as the description suggests, but we can't have this falling into the wrong hands even if it is real.
He dusted off his coat "If I could find out what it is I would be very, very grateful!" 
He chuckled and grin and with a flick of his wrist he turned over to his watch.

(Sorry for such a short post just wanted to insert my character)
-Karma-
-Karma-

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:51 pm

As the crowd parted, mostly in annoyance at the wolf taking the poster it seemed like the large majority headed to the Square. Only few to the Park and the very rare single ones to the office building. Leaving the board to stand alone once more, rid of that poster that had started the commotion.

Office Building

The building stood tall as ever. Previously there had been a much small office but since being rebuild, it was many times larger. Standing there as a giant within the city with it's white stone bright in the sun's non heating rays. The inside was elaborate as can be with a large hall and in the middle of sad hall stood the first of 3 fountains. It had been the newest one with no fountain previously in it's location at all.

It was a nice fountain however, detailed greatly with curves and swirls like the branches and vines of nature. The entire thing made out of that same white stone as the building itself. On it's stone was attached a small bronze part in the stone. Stating it had only been build last year. It being impossible this statue had seen dead. Heck it was questionable if it had even seen love. Whatever the cause though, it was clear this was not the fountain the riddle was talking about.

December Event Week 1 Tumblr_ng4i23LvYI1tq9ou0o3_400

Town Square

The largest majority of the crowd that been at the board was here now. Their attention dead focused on that sole standing fountain as they crowded around that now. Trying to pry around the large water spewing creation.

By far it was the prettiest of the 3 fountains, it's base of a black stone in circular shape. And it's it's mid a beautiful cast iron core. A statue of a mermaid holding a vase which was one of the sources of water to flow down. She sat upright on a seashell with multiple small spouts underneath it to cause for more flows of water. The mermaid herself very clearly based on an oceanic mobian with her eyes closed. The long cast iron hair confidently covering the bare chest to give her a bit of decadency.

In the black stone base it was crafted, the date of it's creation. A year ago when Station Square was rebuild. But there was a second date, the date when the older fountain was build, a good 100 years earlier. Turns out that the base had survived the catastrophe with pure luck.

As the large group of people fiddle around at it, feeling around the base and jumping into the water, it became painfully clear that there was nothing to be found here. While it fit the description to a t, it was not the fountain of the riddle and nothing was to be found there.

December Event Week 1 Tumblr_ng4i23LvYI1tq9ou0o2_400

Park

The third of fountains in Station Square and the smallest one out of them by far. A gray stone square base to sit on with the slightest hint of the bloodstain from Halloween still there. Weathered away by the rain and wind that since had happened. Engraved into the stone was the date, this fountain being well over 300 years old. The flooring of the fountain was made up out of small blue colored stones in different tones, giving the feel of a blue tinted rainbow underneath the restless water surface, constantly rippled by the water falling into it. The soft shimmers of not only the water but also coins that had been thrown in  reflected the sun's rays on this cloudless day.

The middle of the fountain was tiered with the bottom tier being half under water and the other half above. It's gray stone tinned darker than the rest thanks to the moisture of the water crawling into it's material. Elaborate lines along it, some thick lines, some small. At the top of this tier were multiple brass spouts that sprayed out the water into the shimmering water.

The top tier of the center was squared off with 4 clear sides. Each side having a art decor feral lion heads. Each of the heads with their maws open in roar and having a water beam spray come out from it. One thing was very noticeable upon close inspection of the heads. Only one of the lion heads had it's eyes open. Just a single one as the others all had them closed up. The closed eyed lion heads each slightly different in appearance. One with manes wet looking and hanging down, one with small gems within it's mane and lips ever so slightly curled in a dark mischievous smirk and the last decorated with bones around it's neck. The lion with it's eyes open had the smallest bits and pieces of leafs in it's mane as well as twigs.

When looked closer on the open eyed lion's quarter one could see the smallest lines just underneath the head. Much like some build in gray stone drawer. The seam so thin one would not notice it till up close at all. Clearly this fountain had a secret to hide in it's stone.

It seemed there already was one individual here, with a group fast approaching the fountain.

December Event Week 1 Tumblr_ng4i23LvYI1tq9ou0o1_500
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by lady-tragedy Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:10 pm

Amya approached the fountain, her thick furred spotted tail swishing behind her, it looked like she was one of the first ones to arrive here, though there was another person sitting on the fountain, obviously oblivious to the fountains would be importance, or they'd probably be searching it thoroughly. She nodded hesistantly at Sully, glancing behind her at the other people fast approaching. She had a look at the plaque on the fountain. 300 years? she suposed Terrant had been wrong then in that the one at the square had been older.

She looked at the lion heads in turn, frowning a little at the differences. But there was only one that had its eyes open. She hesitated briefly, glancing at Sully once again before setting a toe to the water.

Immidiatly the fountains water turned to Ice in a slow wave spreading out from where her toe touched. It wouldn't do to step into the water with this weather. She put her weight forward and stepped onto the ice to examine the open eyed lion more closely, her fingers running along the smooth stone untill her small claws caught on a seam that shouldn't be there.

She blinked and leaned for a closer look, trying to hook her claws into the seam and open it up.
lady-tragedy
lady-tragedy
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next