Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bolt The Hedgehog

3 posters

Go down

Bolt The Hedgehog Empty Bolt The Hedgehog

Post by kingleon Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:40 pm

Name: Bolt the Hedgehog

Species: Hedgehog

Affiliations: 
Nexus City Guardian Corps 

Abilities: 
Bolt is capable of manipulating Electricity. He can fire arcs from any point on his body, and dematerialize it, into electricity as well. He has also studied electricity, in order to make his abilities more effective. He can increase his own speed, and even use this electricity to Speed up projectiles. Almost, as if he were a living railgun. Among his abilities is his family’s trademark Transformation, the state known as “Maelstrom Drive”. Which can increase his speed, and power alike 10s of times. It’s time limited by the damage that is done to his body. 

Personality:

Bolt can be described as quite serious. In stark contrast to his laid back brother, Screech. He is mostly withdrawn, preferring to keep to himself. Though he will not avoid conversation when approached, it is not common for him to start it. He is most commonly seen training his troops, or watching the maps for activity within Nexus. But can sometimes be seen across the town when he is off duty. Though, thanks to his high rank, those times are far and few between. 

Appearance:
Bolt is a hedgehog, standing at a height of 4 feet. His fur is mainly yellow. With dark blue stripes located on his spines. He is commonly seen in the NCGC’s uniform. A black, button down jacket, along with a pair of black cloth pants. On his shoulder, a red cloth is pinned, something to show his status as a division captain. Something he shares in common with the others. 

History
Bolt was born in the Kingdom of Gungwa. As one of Two possible heirs of House Dutu. The other being his brother, known as Screech. With their father being the reigning king, the two were the current princes. They spent most of their life in the Nation’s capital. And, though they were clearly members of the aristocratic class, they spent much of their time among the common people. One could say that their father was somewhat distant, due to the amount of time he had to spend on running the country, but, nonetheless, he made as much time for them as he could. The family was close. Something that was exceptionally visible with his Brother. Along with doing things normal for their age. Much of their time was spent training for battle, as was common for Gungwa’s nobles. He gained a number of friends from different classes. And enjoyed his blissful young life, the same could be said for the rest of the Kingdom… But, the writing on the wall pointed at a certain event. Another war with their longtime enemies, the Empire Of Jimund. 

War Of Transgressions

Though many knew it would eventually happen, they did not know when. The war began when Bolt and Screech reached the age of 15. As Jimund’s forces poured across the border. Offensives, and Counter Offensives began across both countries, the conflict intensifying as previously unrelated nations joined in on both sides. It did not take long for Bolt, and other young Nobles of his age range to be brought into combat. He was tasked with leading his own squad, mostly composed of other young soldiers. There was no doubt that they struggled in combat, even with support from other units. Apparently, from what he had heard, the same could be said for his brother. Even so, he pushed through as best as he could. One of the most dangerous battles for himself, however, was the battle of Xhosa, an industrial city located deep within Gungwa’s eastern mountains.  A Jimund Colonel had arrived to take the city, and Bolt’s squad was one of many sent to stop him. Unfortunately, due to his vast power, they could barely do anything to him, his casual attitude making the difference in power clear. It was this danger, and his will to win, that would push him to finally unlock his family’s trademark Transformation, the state known as “Maelstrom Drive”. Which he would use to defeat the Colonel. Though, even then, it was a hard fought battle. The war would continue, until both he and his brother were called back to the capital, with, apparently, a Jimund force having somehow gotten past their defenses. 

The two brothers arrived with their squads, in time for the start of the battle. Even before the battle finished, the city was reduced to ruins. And, as far as they knew, the same happened to the enemy's cities. Eventually, however, the two brothers would come across the enemy’s emperor, in front of their childhood home, the royal complex. Without Hesitation, they went to engage the monarch, espite the power difference they sensed. Only to be stopped by his loyal general, Kaim. It did not take long for their father to arrive, and begin battling with the emperor. Leaving them to face the general, who especially posed a challenge with his biological suit of armor. Known as the “Ultima Raiment”. The two brothers only barely pulled a win through their teamwork. 

But, after their fight against the general ended, Bolt and Screech found themselves drifting away from the city, on its crisp blue waters. Thrown away by the pure shockwave from the battle between the two monarchs. The smoldering, battered remains of the city, the last site they saw, before everything went dark… The two were out cold for some time, though the exact amount was unclear. When they awakened, they were in an unfamiliar land, much different from their own. They found a settlement soon after, but found that they could not understand the language, and the technology more resembled what they’d seen in history books…

Considering what had happened presumably a short time ago, it was safe to say, this wasn’t where they came from. They were not happy with their situation, not in the least. Their homeland was likely gone, and they didn’t know how to navigate back, to confirm. And no matter who they asked, nor did anyone else. Even so,  they began to adapt to life in this metropolis, which they’d come to learn was named Nexus City. They learned the language, and customs alike. 

While Screech did not stay, deciding to travel the world, and occasionally visit his brother. Bolt decided to join the city's Guard, hearing their situation concerning other powers. He was determined to not let it end up like his own. 
kingleon
kingleon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Bolt The Hedgehog Empty Re: Bolt The Hedgehog

Post by Mr.Miles Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:55 pm

That's a pretty detailed and interesting character you got there.
Mr.Miles
Mr.Miles
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by kingleon Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:41 pm

Thanks!!
kingleon
kingleon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Miles Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:34 pm

Your welcome. I'm new around here. So what inspired you to make a character like that? I got some infamous vibes from the electric powers.
Mr.Miles
Mr.Miles
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Miles Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:08 pm

I should probably ask this on your role play forum but I didn't want to ruin the flow. I would like to participate but I haven't role played in about 10 years or so and I'm new to the sonic lore. if it's non canon and I would like to be Infinite. I won't be an OP threat. I just like him. If not I don't have an oc yet.
Mr.Miles
Mr.Miles
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:11 am

Hello again Mr.Miles! I see you’re still a little bit unsure of the forum layout, so I’ll just list a few options for you.

1) You’re always welcome to DM a member of staff with any questions you might have, even if we aren’t online we’ll try to handle it as quickly as possible!

2) You’re also able to DM one of our fellow Roleplayers (like Kingleon here), though we can’t exactly speak for everyone and say they can with 100% certainty be as willing or able to help out as staff are.

Since this is a question about using a Canon Character, there are also a couple of other options for you as well;

3) If you really wanted to use Infinite in a forum-canon role play, you’re always allowed to apply for Infinite here: https://sonicrpnation.forumotion.com/t3499-official-character-applications but please be sure to fill out the application if you want to apply.

4) Alternatively, you’ve said before that you’d probably stick to non-canon roleplays instead, which is also perfectly fine and you don’t need to write an application for that. You can simply detail that in your rp plotting post!

5) Lastly, you… would be correct, you probably should post this question somewhere on the forum. If you have further questions you can -as I mentioned before- DM a member of staff or a fellow role player, or you can head on over to the Help Center; https://sonicrpnation.forumotion.com/f17-help-center

I hate to nag you, but please also refrain from double-posting. You have the ability to edit old posts and can simply add your new message on as a “P.S” or other.

That’s about the fourth time you’ve broken the rules (though admittedly only in small ways so we’re not too mad or anything) but please be sure to have a look around the forum to understand where things should be put, as well as catch up on some of the rules over in the rules section.

Thank you, Wolf478
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbJFpfGfur74HDRCDFl7bqg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: