Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wealth in all its forms (Closed)

+2
RezTheFalcon
Bryni the Wolf
6 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Wealth in all its forms (Closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: Wealth in all its forms (Closed)

Post by Wolf478 Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:01 am

Considering the nature of the event, and the fair pay for time, Karn couldn't exactly say he was surprised about the uneven number ratio. Free cash, little required qualification. As he looked at the rest of the 14 members of the security team, most of them, much like himself, were without a doubt mercenaries, most notably the walrus brandishing his oversized pistol, and any other individual that had a visible weapon on them. Which begged a question about the small orange and grey wolf. 

All this considered, the coyote reasoned that if there was any actual need for security, the more members of it the better. He didn't have any questions for the Orca that he felt necessary to voice, but he had a few questions for the other people in his team that he would definately ask them later.

Along with Samantha, Bryni and Xenox, a few other mobians voiced their inquiries. The Red and Black Racoon that had been on their flight, and one of the suited individuals in the archaeology team.

"Is the payroll subject to change based on performance?" The racoon asked in a tired voice, which was met with a few mumbles of agreed curiosity from the other security staff.

"Shall we be keeping any of the artifacts that we find?" One of the suited individuals asked, causing the rest of her lackeys to eye the orca with a curious and careful gaze.

And so the five questions were answered in order, just as a crew of Airport employees began to carry and wheel in the heavy luggage of the new arrivals, it having finally been unloaded from the plane.

"To answer you, my...." John said, glancing down at the clipboard and then back up to Bryni "Young friend. As far as I've been told, the Glasby division has already located the Ruins, so our job will be to explore them, yes. We've got the Dig team to assist with any cave-ins or roadblocks we may encounter."

He glanced over to Francis in response to Samantha's question.

"Well there are important details that'll need to be shared with your group once busses arrive, we'll be having each group take their own bus and given a run-down of who's doing what on the way. Do you have a pressing need to go on your own?"

"As far as I know, the Excavation site is about a 3 hour bus drive from here, we'll be surrounded by forest and no running water. There will, fortunately, be an on-site generator for those of you who need electricity, accessible through the main meeting tent which will be discussed on the bus. We're also bringing porta-loos for those of you who aren't confident enough to use nature's gift. And lastly-"

"-Lastly I also have with me a sattelite antenae with access to the cellular network so we can still use phones in case of an emergency." Francis finsished for him.

"Yeah... that."

Karn raised an eyebrow, it was clearly going to be a multi-day task, which was fine with him, 234 rings a day is good pay, they can keep him as long as they like. Which he figured unfortunately wouldn't likely be more than a week. And besides, he didn't pack much in the suitcase, which he'd just gone to pickup from the pile that was brought out.

"Payroll will change depending on performance, yes. And there will also be a severance package in the event that we reach the location and the operation is called off, or someone is critically injured and needs to be moved off-site for the duration."

The last question took the orca half off-guard, "We..." he checked the clipboard, flitting through a few pages, "As far as I can tell..." He sighed, letting it flop back to the front page, "The only condition of this excavation is that, besides legal requirements, the Glasby Division obtains custody of any artifacts uncovered."

That answer received a disgruntled response from the suited individuals, at least a little peeved that they wouldn't get to keep any of the goods. Although what good exactly were there to uncover wasn't clear.

Cystal popped her elbow into Samantha's side gently, to get her attention "Wonder what would happen if they didn't find out an artifact was discovered? Couldn't get in trouble then, could you?" She whisphered, looking over to the suited fellows and then over to the security team.

It seemed that Francis and John had done most of the talking thus far, with Danielle smiling largely and happily in front of the security team, swinging side to side with her hands clasped behind her back, until it came time for her to take charge.

"The buses are here." She piped, targeted specifically at the Orca and Bear.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbJFpfGfur74HDRCDFl7bqg

Back to top Go down

Wealth in all its forms (Closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: Wealth in all its forms (Closed)

Post by Bryni the Wolf Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:48 pm

'Hmm. I'll have to keep watch to make sure all artifacts are turned in...' Bryni thought as he adjusted his sword on his shoulder. At that point the cat, Danielle announced that the busses had arrived.
"Hope we don't encounter any lynxes while we are keeping watch. They're pretty common in the forest, and they are very territorial." Bryni said to Karn.
Bryni the Wolf
Bryni the Wolf
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:20 pm

Samantha hesitated a bit before answering the question, there were so many people around that'd hear it, so she answered quickly before the embarrassment can set in.

"I have a severe phobia of vehicular transport!"

Samantha looked down at her feet in embarrassment until Crystal had bumped her arm, telling her the devious idea.
Samantha whispers back to Crystal.

"I-I'm sure they have s-some way t-t-to-" Ahem "Find out what was taken, but I suppose with the right skills..."

Samantha started to trail off, the thought of an hours long bus ride right after barely making it through a long ride on a plane was not something she liked at all, but if she didn't figure out exactly where they were going, going there herself was impossible.

Last edited by KingOfGames on Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:38 pm

Xenox heard Danielle announce the arrival of the team's transports. He didn't have any bags to carry, so he decided that now would be a good time to head to the busses.

(Wasn't really sure what to say to move the rp along... =P)
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:48 pm

The wolf listens as John offers more details about their job. Exploring and digging through ruins looking for anything of value. The more that was said, the more mundane the job sounded. But the way some of the people gathered here seemed to react to the idea of getting whatever they found there suggested that the potential value of whatever was found there could be high.

Items of high value were another draw for trouble. Just something else to be wary of.

He really wasn't looking forward to the four hour journey to get to this place either. Being in a group like this was bad enough. Being with a group in a confined space was worse. Doing so for several hours was even moreso.

The wolf lets out a breath at that thought. He was going to have to put up with it, but he wasn't going to be happy about it at all.

The rundown of details finally concluded with Danielle announcing that the buses that would take them to their destination were there. In response, the wolf reaches down, grabs hold of his bag and then stands up straight once again, but he makes no move from his spot otherwise. He didn't know where they were headed to, so he'd have to follow the leader to get there.

For now, he'd just wait until the group got going.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:52 pm

With all of the mobians present, save for Samantha, and Crystal who insisted to stick with her new friend, ready to head out to the busses, Danielle put her hands up as high as she could. Which was only just visible to any of the mobians standing behind taller teammates.

"Before we go anywhere, we must sort ourselves into the 2 groups that will cycle between the camp and site." She called out, standing on tip-toes to ensure she was noticed at the back of the security team gathering.

"I'll split the security team up into 2 groups of seven by taking 2 groups of three and then putting the 2 remaining people into a team each." She started, thrusting her arm out and seperating a group of lizards wearing sleeveless shirts from the rest of the security team. "You will be Group Alpha." The cat said, pointing at each one of them with her other hand, then turning back to the rest of the mobians.

"You are Group Beta." She said, splitting off a second gathering of Mobians to her right away from the large group. Danielle then split off another group of mobians to her left for Team Alpha.

Karn breathed a sigh of mixed relief as the red cat turned to himself, Xenox, and Bryni, "Team Beta." She said, motioning for the wolf, gizoid, and coyote to join the first 3 members of their team, a penguin, fennec, and horse. He gave his two companions a quick smile, "At least we stayed in the same group." the coyote said, moving over to join their new comrades. With the first 6 members of Alpha and Beta finished, the only Security staff left to designate teams to were the large walrus, and the grey wolf standing by the far wall. The walrus was swiftly designated to Team Alpha, and then Danielle turned to face the grey wolf.

"C'mon over here, You can be in Team Beta." She said with a big grin on her face.

Noting the fact that the walrus wasn't going to be in their team, the coyote looked to Xenox, "If you can replicate weapons... can you replicate firearms?" he whisphered to the gizoid, hoping that if the droid were to decide to offer a demonstration of such a feat, he wouldn't be inclined to offer a demonstration of... functionality.

Danielle then began making her way over to the Logistics team, who were, considering there was a small number of them, done almost instantly. And with the Dig and Logistics team out of the way, Francis gave the cat a nod, and strode over to join Crystal and Samantha. 

The bear was tall, and although she wasn't trying to be intimidating, her furry arms were clearly muscular and intimidation was something unavoidable in close quaters, so she tried to keep her distance to avoid that. "Samantha right?" She said, lowering her voice, "You mentioned having a different way of transporting yourself to the camp, would you mind letting me know what that is so we can work something out? Or if theres any way we could make a vehicle more comfortable for you?"

Crystal went silent, having just suggested to Samantha that they could break the rules and keep some artifacts, and didn't want her loose lips to say any more while the officials were around.

Danielle, the red cat, by then had made her way through the Archeologists group, pairing the suited individuals in Group Alpha, and Danielle, Crystal and the Mole in overalls to Group Beta.

((Hey guys, I'm really sorry that this is all sort of just the doldrums of logistics, if you want we can organise some sort of time-skip to the campsite if you wanna skip straight to the goodies?))
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryni the Wolf Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:46 pm

(OOC: I'm good with a time skip to the campsite.)

"Yeah. At least we stayed together." Bryni said to Karn and Xenox.
Bryni the Wolf
Bryni the Wolf
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:11 pm

Samantha looks at the bear with an awkward expression, places her ponytail behind her, and then looks at Crystal, before answering the question given to her.

"I have the ability to warp to any location I wish, of course, accuracy is based on how well I know the location, but it's better than a bus for me." "I am afraid that I can't do any more vehicles today, very sorry for the inconvenience."

She looks at Crystal with an apologetic look before speaking.

"Crystal, darling, I think you should ride on the bus to get all of that briefing stuff for me, I wouldn't be able to know what's going on with what I must do."

(OOC: I'm down with whatever.)
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:02 pm

In response to Karn's question, Xenox replied,

=Yes Mr. Karn. I am capable of replicating firearms as well. However, I would rather not demonstrate that right now. Wouldn't want to get arrested for firing a weapon in an airport now, would we?=

OOC: (I'm fine with a time skip. Not much would probably happen on the bus unless you had something planned for the ride to the site.)
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:09 pm

The wolf watches as Danielle divides the members of the security team into two group. She gets to him last, assigning him to 'Beta team'. He just nods back to her in acknowledgement and then moves away from the wall to stand a bit closer to the rest of his team. He remains about an arm's length from them though, just waiting for everyone else to get sorted out so they could leave.

( OOC: I'm fine with skipping ahead. I'd assume that all that would happen on the bus ride would be lots of conversation between team members. Three hours of in character bonding. Smile )

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:09 pm

Mobians gathered their belongings, patted themselves down to make sure everything they needed was on their personage, and then Danielle began herding people towards the buses. Group Alpha, along with John the Orca and Francis- Who needed to take care of some business fisrt- the Bear, and Group Beta, joined by Danielle herself, were seperated to their vehicles.

As people filed their way onto their transports, Francis stayed behind to organise a way for Sam to get to the site comfortably, safely, and effectively. So it was eventually decided that she was free to make her way to the site- after being given information on its whereabouts- provided a member of the logistics team go with her. 

With Francis now making her way to the Alpha bus and Crystal moping her way to the Beta bus, having to endure the next 3 hours without her new friend, the Teams were ready to make headway.

So they did.

3 hours of it.

Of course, everyone that was on a bus, that is. Samantha and a young, spritely crocodile from the logistics team were at the camp in an instant. There wasn't really a camp, and so after the lizard emptied the contents of his stomach from the residual warp-sickness, the 2 of them waited, occasionally discussing the events that would unfold over the next week.

The bus trip lasted for 3 hours, only a few minutes of which were spent organising where the teams would be sent to, how the camps would be setup, and safety and legal responsibilities that the crew had, much like any other organised activity. They were commissioned by the law, not exempt from it. So while the 2-and-a-bit hours were mostly spent getting to know the other members of the team, there were still a fair few who decided to keep to themselves. The Red and Black racoon for one, was deadpan silent for the duration of her trip. Crystal and Karn, not so much. The Former never seemed to stop talking, and the Latter engaged in freindly conversation with those around him during the times it seemed most appropriate.

The buses, having long since burst through into the thicket of the Southern Farlab Rainforest, finally trundled their way to a small dirt circlet on the side of the rugged road. The vehicles came to a stop parallel to one another, creating a fairly wide enough tunnel between them through which the Beta Team would have to exit.

Directly ahead of the two groups lay the thick jungle tradmark of the Southern Oceans area, tall palm trees, large gums, and pines that ferns as far as the eye could see, which was admittedly, not very far.

A few of the travellers sitting at the front of the bus stood up quite abruptly, earger to get off and get the setting up of camp over and done with. But Danielle leapt her way into the Aisle at the front of the bus to get everyones attention before people started leaving.

"We have now reached our desination, any of you who need to use the bathroom please do so in the porta-loos behind our bus." It was the Beta Team who had been tasked with carrying the trailer loaded with the ammenities, which only meant that they were the first to get to use them. "Francis should have sent a member of the Logistics team out there to ensure you line up in a reasonable fashion, there are about 20 of us, so please wait your turn." She called out.

"After that, we'll need the Logistics team to set up the campsite facilities along with you all setting up your provided dormatories. Or any personal tent you've brought with you. In order to help them clear some space, can I ask that all members of the Security team with a bladed weapon or members with powers related to nature please step forward." The red cat looked around the bus, "Oh, and anyone with muscles as well. There's a lot of stuff to move and these logistitions look like fishbones." She said, glaring at the perturbed mobians sitting closest to her at the front of the bus and eliciting a chuckle from a few of the members who'd sat themselves at the back.

"Well, that's me." Karn said to Bryni and Xenox, "And I guess that's you too." the coyote said, motioning to the wolf's sword. 

"Oh, and if you want to join I suppose you could Xenox. After all, you can replicate powers so you could be in any one of the required catagories if you wanted to."

((I talked to KingOfGames about Samantha's part in the timeskip, so pls don't shout that I took control of her. Also I'm not entirely sure if Wolfgang did end up socialising with Karn so I can't really say for sure whether he'd mention anything to him.))
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryni the Wolf Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:20 pm

"Alright then." Bryni said as he stepped forward.
"Yeah I guess you could come too Xenox. Just try not to burn the forest down if you replicate the crystal in my sword." Bryni said with a slight chuckle, but also a serious tone.
Bryni the Wolf
Bryni the Wolf
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:09 pm

Samantha assists with camp setup in any way she could, until she sees the group exit the vehicle.
Samantha waves at Crystal, happy to see that her friend had arrived. 

"Hello! How was the ride?"
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:48 pm

Xenox acknowledged his group saying,

=Thank you Mr. Karn. Mr. Bryni. But I think I will go ask Danielle which team needs the most help right now.=

Xenox stepped out of the bus and searched through the crowd of people to find Danielle before asking her,

=Which group needs the most help currently? Seeing as how I am a gizoid, I can help out anywhere.=

Last edited by RezTheFalcon on Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:55 pm

Three hours.

Three interminable hours spent listening to endless back and forth conversation of his team members for this outing.

Now that didn't mean he'd spent the whole time ignoring people. He did his best to politely answer questions lobbed his way that were relevant to the matters at hand. But the wolf simply refused to answer any questions of a more personal nature. The rest of the group would simply have to be content with the fact that they got a name out of him. Despite the fact that he'd said it was just Wolf.

As usual it drew quite a number of odd stares and one follow up question asking if he was, in fact, serious. That was a question he pointedly ignored.

Finally though, the bus reached its destination. By this point, Wolf was considering just climbing out through the window to get out of the damned bus that much faster.

Instead, like everyone else, he stayed in place as Danielle once again took position at the front of the group and began laying out the broad strokes of what was going to be happening now that they had arrived.

First, bathroom breaks. Of course Wolf wasn't intending to just wait in line to use one of the boxes that had been dragged along on this ride. He'd be fine stepping out into the rainforest to take care of his personal business there away from everyone else.

After that would be helping with the camp setup. Despite Danielle asking everyone with a bladed weapon or nature powers to step forward, Wolf remained seated. The fact that he was carrying a couple of bladed weapons in his backpack had come up in conversation during the trip, but he just wasn't in the mood to stand up and fall in line right now.

So, he sat there, arms folded over his chest, waiting for everyone else to get off the bus so that he could to.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:21 pm

Karn nodded as Bryni followed and Xenox did so as well, sort of. It was true, the gizoid could really do anything that the logistics team needed help with, but at this point Karn couldn't imagine anything else besides what the cat had already listed off, but at the same time, he wasn't in charge.

Danielle gave Xenox another one of her wide smiles, then turned to the group of mobians that had already stood up, "Everone that I called out could you please use the ammenaties first if you need, you'll be needed as soon as possible so get your business over and done with." Mobians began to file off of the bus, all heading around to the back of the shuttle to the trailer behind.

The cat turned back to the gizoid, staring silently at him for a moment before realising what she was going to say, "Oh right, of course, you're a gizoid! Can I have a high five?" She said, gidilly raising a hand.

"I don't know if theres anything else we need help with right now, we just need a good clearing of space for the technical folk to begin setting up camp, which I'm sure you can also help out with if you want when the time comes, but the rest of the security team will be having a break at that point, so you're also welcome to join us as well."

Karn looked back to the person who'd gone by the name Wolf, and while he wasn't directly involved in the conversation, he recalled having heard that the wolf was carrying some blades with him. Although he'd also heard his name was Wolf of all things, so he wasn't sure what to believe (please don't hurt me). That being said, he made his way off of the bus, followed by the rest of the mobians that didn't need to use the bathrooms and more specifically the ones that Danielle had called out. 

"The rest of you can choose to remain here on the bus or help take the stuff out from the storage, you're choice since it's actually the logisticians job but the more help the get the faster we can get everything setup." She said, starting to follow the group of security until realising that she wasn't needed since she herself was none of the catagories and then stepped back onto the bus. "My bad folks, I'll stick around." Danielle said to the few mobians who remained.

Karn stood there, nothing in his hands, and no physical signs that he was overly muscular, but also not having mentioned any sort of special plant powers on the bus, gathered with a group of mobians who either had blades, rippling muscles, or had already mentioned their abilities on the trip. Among them was a Penguin who had mentioned their ability to control light absorption in matter, whether that be himself or other things around him and exactly how that was going to help was beyond the coyote.

Instead he turned to Bryni, "Y'know I never actually got to ask you about your sword. What's the crystal all about, just fire or does it control other things too?" They had of course talked about many things on the bus ride, but Karn couldn't say he'd paid attention to everything, especially when his mind had already been tuned to the frequency of Crystals chatter by their first encounter and he spent most of the trip trying to block out her discussion with the ants.

Speaking of which, Crystal began to barrel through the crowd of people towards Samantha and the crocodile where also being approached by Francis, albiet at a much slower pace than the rabbit. "Samantha! It was great, Milo and Gilbert, the ant twins, were saying they reckon this place belonged to an ancient Glasbian civilisation that eventually split off into modern day Meropis. Oh and Danielle told us what formation we should keep to when moving from site to site and all that sort of boring stuff. You don't need to know about it it's pretty basic."

At this point the bear had arrived and raised an eyebrow to Crystals final comment, "I think Samantha would benefit to know how best to keep safe in case of an incident, my friend." She said, causing the rabbit to jolt to attention. "I hope that Leonardo kept you company?" Francis asked, referring to the crocodile who had indeed introduced himself during their multitude of spare time over the last 3 horus. He was from the logistics team, he had skill coordinating a ceramics warehouse and was allowed to join because of that, after all, ancient pottery and organisation is basic archaeology of itselft.

While Danielle sat back and began conversation with the members of the bus, attempting to start conversation with Wolf and the Raccoon who had remained dead silent the entire journey and even through the cat's viciously pokey interrogation, and Francis gave Samantha and Leonardo a basic rundown of the events, John the Orca had arrived at the group of individuals who'd gathered to help out with some forestry.

Members from Team Alpha had come in and conglomerated to the left of the Team Beta group, near but not conjoined with them. "Well, now that we've got all of you, We're going to need some help with clearing the trees in the area, we've gotten permission to deforest a small area of the surrounding foliage so long as we don't get near the river a few hundred metres to the north. That'll be fine since we've only need a few hundred metres of space anyhow. Can I get all members of Security with blades up front please, I'll be needing you to start the process, then the Members with powers come in behind and finally Members with strength to help move the remains."

Last edited by Wolf478 on Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Punctuation is Vital)
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryni the Wolf Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:02 pm

"Oh. You mean Zar'roc?" Bryni said gesturing to his blade.
"Yeah just fire. Though I can also do this." Bryni said as he closed his fist. It then lit on fire.
"Two things you might be wondering. One, Zar'roc literally means 'Reaper of souls'. Two, I can also ignite my legs. Along with Zar'roc itself. It's very useful when in battle to frighten my opponent, but I'm going to refrain from using it right now because I'd rather not burn the whole forest down." Bryni said with a chuckle.
Bryni the Wolf
Bryni the Wolf
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:03 pm

Samantha gave the bear a smile, similar to the one she gave Crystal moments before.

"Oh yes, he's great conversation." "And yes, I'd be quite fine with what you have to say, even though I could handle myself."

She then heard the announcement about requesting people to get rid of the plants.

"I should probably go and help out with that, I just hope that my fire spells aren't to destructive for this..."
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:07 pm

Xenox looked up at Danielle's hand that she had raised up. He wasn't sure what this "high five" was that she called it, but from the look on her face, it seemed to be something that you do when you are good friends with someone. Xenox looked down at his own hand and then raised it up to meet Danielle's.

=I will be sure to remember this... "High Five" that you called it. Now. If you'll excuse me...=

Xenox lifted his hand into the air and a flash of energy appeared before a copy of Bryni's sword from earlier materialized above him. Xenox grabbed the handle and lowered the sword to the ground.

=...I think I will go help with clearing out the trees for the logistics team.=
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:27 pm

Once the bus had emptied out a bit, Wolf finally stands up, grabs his own backpack and starts making his way to the front of the bus. In doing so he almost bumps into Danielle as she makes her way back onto the bus. She sits down, clearing the way off the bus, and then attempts to start up a conversation with him. Wolf momentarily considers just walking past, but instead pauses and glances towards her.

"I'm sorry. I'm really not in the mood to talk right now. It's nothing personal." he says, "I'd just like to get off the bus, relieve myself and then see if I can make myself useful. If you'd like to talk a bit later on, I'll try and make a more reasonable attempt at doing so then."

With that, he moves past her, steps off the bus and moves out from between them. He stops in front of the buses and looks around, taking note of where everyone else he could see was, then heading off in a direction away from them.

For anyone watching, it looked like Wolf intended to head off into the rainforest on his own.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Tue May 19, 2020 2:19 am

Danielle, the cat, was certainly more than just a little bit disappointing when the Wolf had stepped off the bus. Understandable of course, when nature calls, it's not to be ignored, but considering the lack of overt interactivity on the bus trip up, she had been looking forward to making the effort of getting to know all of the security team under her guide. They all seemed well equipped enough in skill and weapon to take care of themselves, she was mostly there for coordination of the team, because as far as she could see, most of them were mercs. And lone mercs at that. So teamwork was probably not on the agenda for all of them.

"Aw, alright then Wolf! We'll talk later!" she called, waving the wolf off of the bus and then turning to the red and black raccoon for a moment before instead turning to another member of the team, unwilling to deal with the semi-scowl she received from the edgelord.

Karn, from his position amidst the crowd of security team members that were gathered to deal with the impended deforestation, watched carefully as the Gizoid created a copy of the sword which Bryni himself was brandishing, an item he'd labelled Zar'roc, or Reaper of Souls, which was a fine enough name for a weapon, the sort of thing that he'd likely been attacked with on a previous job. 

When his fist burned alight, the Coyote looked over to Xenox, just as if to make sure that there wasn't now flaming droid standing there in the middle of a rain-forest, but it seemed the Gizoid was logical enough to figure it not to be a good idea, which was a notable improvement over the sword fiasco at the airport.

"Well," He began, "I think actually burning the forest won't be much of an issue around here, there's a hell of a lot of moisture in the air and in the plants themselves." He ran foot through the grass, kicking up a clump of the loamy soil, "But myself and the other people, however, are much appreciative of your decision not to ignite yourself."

And likewise at the mention of fire, the bear's eyebrows raised in Samantha's mentioning of it. "Fire spells?" She asked, looking around at the foliage, "I suppose we could  have use for some very carefully placed fireballs. The water in the air and foliage should at least stop the flames from getting out of control, plus I think we have a few water benders here, just in case."

Francis smiled, "Alright then, Leonardo, come with me." She said, moving away and motioning for the crocodile to follow, leading the way to one of the buses to help the effort to unload some of the equipment.

The orca, John, sighed as he saw Wolf heading off into the bush, he knew what the wolf was doing, but they had lavatories for a reason. It was at least clear that John was certainly posher than some of the individuals present. "Alright folks, starting right here," He said, arm sticking out straight ahead of him towards the forest, "Can we have the weapons carriers begin cutting a clearing from about-" He threw the other arm out, "Here, to-" and then widened the space with the other one, "about here. Then the powers crew, can you please assist in cleanup or remote assistance for those of you with non-touch based powers."

(Timeskip?)
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryni the Wolf Tue May 19, 2020 5:02 pm

"Alright!" Bryni said as he went to start working on clearing trees and brush from the area.

(Sure. We can timeskip again)
Bryni the Wolf
Bryni the Wolf
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Wed May 20, 2020 12:47 am

"Oh! Alright then, here goes!" "Oh, I have some ice ones too, just in case." -Samantha brings out a red book, which flashes an intense blue, she then puts it away and shouts-
"Maragion!"

-Incinerating the specially marked targets-

(Let's do the time warp agaiiiiin!)
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Wed May 20, 2020 4:12 pm

Xenox nodded to John then turned towards the trees. Suddenly, he sensed a strong power surge nearby. He scanned the area with his optical receptors, and found the source to be coming from a red book Samantha was holding. Xenox saw her put the book away, then shout some kind of incantation.

"Maragion!"

Some targets nearby were then instantly burnt to ashes.

-COPYING BATTLE DATA-

-BATTLE SCAN COMPLETE-

=That might come in handy later,= Xenox said to himself. The Gizoid then returned to his previous task of clearing out the trees John had specified.

(I'm fine with time skipping again.)
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:57 pm

Wolf makes his way into the line of trees separating the offloading point of the team with the surrounding forest. It was his first time in a rainforest, but it seemed a safe bet that his experience in other forests would still apply here. He stays on alert as he moves through the underbrush surrounding the trees, keeping his eyes and ears opening for anything signs of movement or presence of anything that might be alive out here.

After traveling for a bit over a minute, he pauses where he is an looks back the way he'd come. There wasn't a clear line of sight back to the bus he'd arrived on, and it appeared that no one who'd come on this trip was nearby. Taking that as a sign that there was no one around, he proceeded to take care of relieving himself and used that time to get a bit more used to the sights and sounds of the area around him.

With that business taken care of, Wolf takes some time to remove his short swords from his bag and strap them to his sides. Now with them where they'd be easily accessible in case of any trouble out here, he resumes making his way through the underbrush once again, planning to make his way around the perimeter of the team's campsite to both secure the area and to see if there was anything of note nearby.

(OOC: Apologies for the wait. I didn't realize posting had resumed.
I'm fine with a timeskip as well. Maybe Wolf will find something during it.)

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next