Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fair and the Edgy Boy

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fair and the Edgy Boy - Page 2 Empty Re: Fair and the Edgy Boy

Post by DeltaGear Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:02 pm

Althalos shook his head, "No idea. But I'll take a guess somewhere among the preformers travel trailers, let's move," he glanced at ash, "And when you've been hunting vampires for well over 200 years... you kind get to know them."

He quickly made his way amongst the many trailers as he was already in very, terribly, convincing armor he wasn't questioned either or not he was supposed to be here. He quickly searched the ground trying to follow the blood or drag trail.

After a moment of searching he finally traced it back to a lone secluded trailer. Althalos opened it, praying that what thought was inside was what he wouldn't find.
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:41 pm

Hunting vampires...? That was a good thing. It was normal to want to kill evil.
It was the 200 years part that wracked his skull. Unless this guy was just wearing armor for a hedgehog and was actually something like... a turtle underneath, he had no idea what to think. And even then he was rather strong and agile for a turtle.
He began formulating a few simple questions in his head, and was quickly growing uncomfortable, but he kept following...

While Althalos didn't get any odd looks, Aidan did, only putting him further on edge...

As they entered the trailer, Ash looked around and didn't even give the immediate thought to look up. He did, however, raise the cuff of his best to cover his neck better as he kept his Warpaint on. With no sign of the girl yet, Ash found this the best time to confront Ash.
"This may seem a bit sudden... but I need to ask-" Aidan began, stepping toward Althalos putting an appendage on his shoulder again, this time not entirely for comfort reasons, before he was interrupted by a young girl's crying.
It sounded very close.
Given how small the room was he was surprised he didn't see it before, the Princess sitting in a corner on the ceiling and sobbing. Every so often she'd touch her neck, and begin crying harder...
"W-what now...? What do I do where do I go what will my family think...?", it sounded like she was saying, but she could barely be understood among all the sobbing. She was clearly distressed...
Aidan narrowed his eyes and seemed ready to swing a blade at the obvious new vampire.

"Sorry ma'am but I've got a job to do."
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

http://pyrode.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:16 pm

Althalos stepped between the two and gripped ash arm, not to tightly but enough to hopefully stop him in his tracks.

"Hold on... we have a chance to make a difference here..."

Althalos calmly approach the sobbing girl, his hands out in a none threatening manner as he got closer to her.

"Miss? Excuse me miss?" He spoke softly as not to startle her, "My name is Althalos.... something has happened to you that I can help you with... please... come down and let me help you."
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:28 pm

Aidan was surprised, confused and a little concerned he wanted to listen to Althalos bit the vampire was right there and he wasn't certain he could trust the knight anymore either.

"What difference can we make, vampires are evil and evil is evil didn't you see what we just did?!", Aidan mumbled audibly, still ready to commit the deed but holding back, uncertain of what Althalos was doing...

The young woman's cute little ears perked up as she heard Althalos, "O- oh- hello... D- nice to meet you... Althalos. If I may ask... what are you planning to do to help...?"

Aidan tensed up, frustrated. He just couldn't understand what was going on...
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:10 pm

"Well... you have a choice.... a choice that can change this curse of yours into a blessing," Althalos took her hands firmly and looked into her eyes, "use your new abilities to protect your family and friends from harm. Protect others from people like yourself who would seek to hurt and kill them."

Althalos held her hands. He didn't want to kill her, not if she could be persuaded and kept from becoming like all the others.

"I don't want to kill you... promise me you'll use these abilities for good please..."
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:59 am

She seemed so uncertain, panicked, "B- but how...? I wasn't cut out to be some hero... I was just acting in a show when I was attacked. I d- don't want to hurt anyone, but I don't know what help I could be..."

Aidan was itching to attack. He just... Needed to kill. Right then, right there. But curiosity was brought to the highest its ever been for him...
Surely what Althalos was doing would be insane.

"Ugh... why do I feel so hungry... What's going on... Oh Chaos..."

Aidan rolled his eyes, saw this coming. Was she succumbing to her vampire urges?
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:15 am

Althalos reached into his pouch and pulled out a clear glass flask and handed it to her. It was filled with a thick red liquid, "Here, this'll stave of the hunger for a while. Don't drink it all at once."

After handing it to Her he sat down and kept a lax nature about him. He wanted to make her feel safe and he didn't want to scare her. He did take note of the birds jumpy nature, he had seen it far to many times with many upstart hunters believing all vampires were evil and needed to die. While Althalos had his share of vampires he had met many who were kind and protected those around them. And Althalos wanted to try and help this young lady do the same.

"You don't have to be a hero... just do your best to help others. If you must, make a packed with Someone to donate blood to you so you can avoid hurting others or losing control."
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:28 am

He watched it all unfold, and after a bit, tried to force himself to calm down, stepping back. He put the Warpaint back on his belt and crossed his wings. He still had a stern, serious look on his face...

The young girl looked at the flask... she quickly grew uncomfortable, more uncomfortable then she already was, but decided then to just... Take a sip.
The metallic taste also had a strange sweetness to it, the glucose prominent in the blood. She looked at it oddly, feeling a little better, before calling it again and putting it somewhere safe...
"I- I guess I could ask one someone in my family, but... How would they react to me being... A- a-"

"Vampire? A monster? I don't know myself, they are your family after all, but most people are hardwired to hate monsters, especially where I come from, so I don't see it bein' too pretty-" he started, walking up to her and seeing her back up, terrified, before he sighed, "Look... I don't really want to discourage ya', the idea monsters can be good is pretty new to me, but I know it'll be difficult because there are people out there like me. Now, I don't know where Althalos got the vial of life juice but I know that despite probably being a 200 year old monster himself apparently, he just helped me take out the guy that turned ya' into... Well, what you are now. So here's the deal, keep the vampire thing under wraps as best you can. Rumors say if there are good vamps they tend to feed on the tiny idiot animals rather than Mobians and humans, and if you have someone you trust enough, then... Well, break the news to them lightly..."

He let out his rant with a bit if frustration, but it was surprisingly positive. She was still a little worried though, looking at Althalos as she felt a bit threatened by the bird with monster hunting gear visibly in him backing her into a corner...
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:18 pm

Althalos heard what he needed to hear. Ash had vented his frustrations and hadn't gone all "Kill kill" on the young miss so all should be fine. After saying he'd be back in a minute he lead ash out of the trailer and shut the door so they could talk in privacy.

"I do owe you an explanation. My name is Althalos Karvine the 4th, I'm a knight from a long forgotten kingdom several hundreds years ago. My purpose then was to protect my king and queen from any we ho dared harm them... most being vampires trying to convert or overthrow the crown. During a large assault from the vampires they killed the king nd almost the queen, i gave my life to protect her. In return she bonded my with Retribution, a blade that's fire burns the soul with the sole purpose of protecting people and stopping evil where it stands."

Althalos unsheathed his weapon and planted it in the ground in front of him, it's ancient letter on the blade glowed with an orange light.

"I'm the Ashned Knight. Immortal protector."
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:52 am

"So... An undead knight made naturally good with a cool sword? Hm... Well, I- I guess if you are bound to protectin' people despite being a monster, there's no problemo but...", Aidan sighed, turning back and rubbing above his beak between his eyes, "Ugh... As you can probably imagine, this is all a bit for me to take in. I mean, I was raised to hate monsters. Where I come from an entire military force was made to hunt'em... Just... Chaos damn it this is so..."
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:25 pm

Althalos put his hand on the birds shoulder, his glowing orange eyes looking on with years of understanding.

"I know... I've seen many people and groups like you. While yes... most creatures I fight have no hearts or souls and care not for the fragility of life... there are some who break the mold," he looked back to the trailer with a hopeful glance, "And they are the key to finding peace..."

After a moment Althalos shrugged of the weight of the mood and tried to be a little more cheerful.

"Lighten up kid, the young miss can't be kept waiting, she'll probably need some more help figuring out how to deal with her situation. While I've been around for a long time I don't know everything about modern day stuff so you're her best chance right now."
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:08 pm

Ash sighed, chuckling a little as despite his beak he seemed to smile a small bit, trying to cheer up. His whole world just shattered...
But someone needed his help.

"Alright, thank you... Y- yeah, we should go check up on her.", Aidan was at least a little relaxed now.
Shortly after, he walked into the trailer, and looked at her.
"I- is everything alright...?"
"Yeah, everything is hunkie-dorie, in the meantime, are you okay...? What's your name?"
"...my name's... Samantha..."
"Cute name. The name's Teleson, Aidan Teleson. Some call me Ash., Ash responded, looking to Althalos, unsure what to say or do.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2