Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas Event 2017

+4
DeltaGear
The Red Blur
Guardian Aelita
Electrisa
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Christmas Event 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Christmas Event 2017

Post by Gamma V Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:18 pm

XM "blinked," or rather, flashed the ovular arrays of blue lights that made up his eyes off and on quickly.  "This is the first time that I have interacted with someone who did not run away or attempt to destroy me," he responded.  To him, having someone open up to him was a pleasant surprise.  He then blinked again before tilting his head.  "Monobees?  Hunters"  I am unfamiliar with such models."

Having finished her pizza, the orange Hedgehog woman quietly observed the conversation between XM and Ahmad.  Her sense of familiarity with the robotic Hedgehog only grew as she listened to his responses to his fleshy companion.  NO Metal was ever known to be so friendly, if a little awkward.  Having only known Eggbots from what news reports she had seen and read, she had come to expect little emotion and open hostility from the machines.  She hummed to herself as she opened up the brown fanny pack fastened around her waist and pulled out a red device roughly shaped like a Game Boy Advance SP.  She flipped it open, booted it up, and pointed its camera at XM.

"Dextetta," she began, addressing the device, "Is that a new Metal model?"

The handheld quickly processed its owner's question before answering, in a feminine voice, "This model is not listed in Eggman's robot database.  Its origin is unknown."

"Hmm...Could be a new Machina bot designed to LOOK like a next-generation Metal.  Maybe Machina was planning to use this guy for false flags.  They'd deploy him to cause trouble in some major city, and the media would, naturally, blame Eggman since the robot looks like one of his.  If they REALLY wanted it to look like an Eggman attack, though, this guy would've amassed a body count by now.  Instead, this guy's behavior reminds me of...Rocky...when I first met him."  The Hedgehog began to tear up, and Dextetta, the AI within her handheld, noticed the growing sadness in her voice.

"Amber, your voice pattern indicates sadness.  What is wrong?" the computer asked.

"That robot reminds me of Rocky, an experimental social android that I roomed with in college.  Shortly after I got my Ph. D, though, his creator...one of my favorite professors...was murdered, and he was stolen...most likely by Machina..."  Just then, a thought most would consider to be a conspiracy theory crossed her mind.  "Could Machina have killed Professor Mitsuda and stolen Rocky to weaponize him?  Professor Mitsuda was strongly opposed to using AI for military purposes.  Rocky had quite the impressive AI to be able to pass for Mobian by my final year with him.  A group like Machina would LOVE to weaponize tech like that, and there's no way Mitsuda would've let them."

Gamma V

http://gammafangirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:43 am

"Don't look like it?" she repeated, before offering forth another loud and confident laugh, "Oho! That's part of the charm, darling~! Ooh people do LOVE surprises, especially at Christmas! And let me tell YOU I'm just... full of them!" Wiggling her hips in a provocative manner, she gave a tiny giggle and rested her chin upon her pink-gloved hand. An actor, hey? And adventurer! She certainly hadn't expected that - Maxie would have to check it out at some point! She didn't attend many theatrical shows, or even go to the cinema. If there was at least a vaguely familiar face however, maybe she should reconsider. She nodded at Caen, wanting to respond further, but the action and company around her had ripped her from her thought process.

"Oh boo hoo, what's going on here?" she asked, observing the robots and company that had made their way into the room and settled. Despite one looking quite intimidating, there wasn't any hostile action occurring. Indeed, the host of the grand party just seemed incredibly all over the place than concerned! The griffon shook her head, looking back at the hedgehog and flashing a grin, "Looks like lil' ol' Maxie isn't just the only one making a grand entrance tonight, mmm hon?~"
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:25 am

" Well your not trying to drag me away and be robotized or something... I already figure that out myself... Plus minus the head I see parts that do not resemble Eggman's Craftsmanship... " Ahmad would reply back to the machine while he's walking around it.

"And you are not made by GUN since all robots in GUN would have data on all the machines that the military uses. So your something else. Built by another creator. Do you remember anything at all of your creator?"

He would stop and pull out a wallet showing his GUN Army ID card " You see. I'm with the Guardian Unit of Nations. I work for them. Though before you say anything some folks think GUN is mainly humans, but it's not it's a mix of both Mobians and Humans as well. Though I first wanted to do it only to get the G.I. bill and go to college, but.. I really like being in it.. I am happy to get the day off so I can check out this party."
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

http://www.spritewars.com/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

Post by OfficialOverkill Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:26 pm

Course, I was able to hear some of these conversations, considering that I wasn't really doing much. I wasn't trying to listen in, respectfully, it was none of my business and it should probably remain that way. I just kept on munching on some potato chips, cookies, and a lot of junk food. I mean, it's free, and I haven't had any in a while. What can I say?

"Agh this level... why!"

I said that silently to myself, as I kept on dying and failing at the worst times in this little video game that I'm playing on my phone, and I am obviously.. trash at it.

I'd take a quick glance around the room, seeing there's a few more people at the party. A robot and orange hedgehog.. A military kind of guy, and a few others that I can't really make out from this distance.

I didn't exactly notice the cat that was heading towards me, probably because I haven't looked that far behind me.. Besides, THIS LEVEL NEEDS TO BE BEATEN!!!!
OfficialOverkill
OfficialOverkill
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:19 pm

The cat wasn't entirely concerned with the robot, seeing as nothing was happening so far, but others were concerned, and THAT was worrying him! Like, was that orange woman recording this? What? ..Still, he couldn't go over to people only to tell them to stop staring over there and have fun, sadly, so he focused on the human instead. With his head in his phone, jeez, the youth today, so spoiloh that game actually looked kinda interesting. He took a while to just observe the screen from over Aiden's shoulder, before rudely interrupting,

"Hello!" He grinned at the human, "YOU'RE certainly not from around here, ARE you?" He chuckled, "Welcome! I couldn't help but notice that you're sitting here alone! I hope, despite that, you're enjoying yourself! How are you finding the place? Are you staying for long? Can I try that game? You seem to be having some trouble." At that weird request, he pointed at Aiden's phone. Well. Alright then.
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamma V Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:10 am

XM "blinked" again, taking in what Ahmad said to him.  "I have had no contact with my designer," he replied.  "My designer is identified simply as Machina.  No further data is available."

Amber's ears pricked up when she heard XM mention his connection to the mysterious group.  She quickly got up out of her seat and ran to the red robot.  "So you ARE with Machina!" she blurted out, pointing at XM.

XM quickly spun around when he heard the Hedgehog's voice.  "Affirmative," he replied, "but I have been labeled a defective unit.  My activation was premature.  Combat programming is not present within my system.  Data-gathering directives...cause destruction to be registered as an error."  He "blinked" at Amber as a question entered his mind.  "What does it mean to be roboticized?"

Amber frowned.  "It means that a creature of flesh and blood has been turned into a robot.  Roboticized beings typically lose their memories, personalities, and free will.  It's a procedure the Eggman Empire implements to take control of a population."

"It would be an error to...drag a life-form...off to be roboticized?"

"Oh yeah."

"That was not my intention with Ahmad.  Ahmad wishes to enjoy this party.  I...do not wish to interfere with that directive."

Amber just giggled, easily being charmed by XM's friendliness and reminded once more of Rocky.  "You kinda remind me of a robot I once knew.  His name was Rocky.  He disappeared a year and a half ago."

The Hedgehog woman then began to study XM's drill arm, running a hand down the upper arm as she gently lifted it up to take a look at the elbow joint.  She wondered if she could give this runaway robot a pair of proper hands.

XM responded by tilting his head quizzically, as he often did.  "What are you doing?"

"Oh...I'm seeing how easy it would be to replace that drill and cannon arm with a set of proper forearms and hands....Hands more like what Ahmad and I have," Amber explained.

"You are capable of performing that procedure?"

"It shouldn't be too hard.  I have plenty of experience with robotics."  She let go of his arm.  "Would you like proper hands?"

XM's eyes brightened as he nodded.  "Yes, I would.  You are kind.  What is your name?"

"Amber."

Gamma V

http://gammafangirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:48 am

Ahmad just watches seeing the two talk to each other as he just walks off a bit to look around the area seeing the other people as he looks for the hostess " They have to be here somewhere. I need to find out what the food is. don't want to eat something that has alcohol or pork in it. " He would say to himself

He would wander a bit before seeing a familiar face a red hedgehog as he jumps up while waving his arm trying to get his attention 'Wonder if he knows where the host or hostess is ' Ahmad will think to himself while he is jumping up waving to the red hedgehog.
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

http://www.spritewars.com/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

Post by OfficialOverkill Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:31 am

This is dead. Razz
OfficialOverkill
OfficialOverkill
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down