Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Embers Aflame

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Embers Aflame - Page 2 Empty Re: Embers Aflame

Post by Shrike Marine Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:59 pm

-Seems like time was not on there side. Events were unfolding the same events that what ultimately lead to the creation of the reality she came from. Shrike had a fairly good understanding of the whole space time deal. He had already traveled to a single other reality twice. He knew the do's and do not's to keep the realities in check, some times even the smallest changes could alter a lot.

Looks like it was time once more to save the world..or the reality this time rather. Of course listening in he had no idea who Raito was but judging by her expression they seemed important enough to warrant attention.

A lot of info was flying at Shrike quickly, he was trying to make heads or tails of it, something about her then Wilhelm's prototypes, Shrike needed answers. He needed to know what they were about to walk into.

"Hold on! Slow down for just a second...who is this Raito, who is this Wilhelm and what are these prototypes, we need to know every thing you do before we go all full force out. 

However if it is urgent as you make it out and Caen wants to go it's best we move ASAP tell us on the way, Caen you lead we follow usual routine...let's go save a reality."

-He said as he raised his rifle into both of his hands waiting to depart with them.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:01 pm

Capsule smiled hearing that ember knew what she was getting herself into. Smile didn't last long after finding out something bad was going to happen. Capsule was curious so she decided to follow ember and Caen. Lillith kind of glared at Caen. "She's not my friend!" She murmured going with Caen.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:16 pm

Caen stopped for a second, looking back at the marine "Rai, she's... Practically the closest thing I have left to family. Eight years ago, she and I... We learned the darker side to Alastor. We confronted him, arrested him. If she died... I don't know what I'd do."

Ember ran past, grabbing onto Caen's arm to cause the hedgehog to start running again "and you won't have to find out. Not this time!" She shouted, clearly wanting to keep what had happened in her timeline a secret. 

"Right," Caen replied, running on his own again. As he ran, he slowed down a little to come alongside Shrike "Wilhelm is a supposed scientist, who works alongside Alastor. He... He turned my father into a robotic shell of his former self. That, I found out mere months ago..."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:54 pm

-Shrike knew all to well that family was important, he wished his was still around to help him in times of need, but he knew the true reality of that which is why he understood why not loosing Caen's only remaining family member was deemed of the utmost important.

As for the being he had not crossed paths with, it had only entrenched Shrikes belief of never really knowing who some one is and trusting them, cause in the blink of a eye that being who you trusted fully can suddenly shatter that very trust instantly and bring every thing crashing down.

However it seems like this time they had a chance to stop what was to come, but was this simply slowly down the inevitable or would their actions truly alter the future for good, preventing the horrid twisted future she had come back from.

Little time seemed to be wasted as Ember was quick to act and move, that was something Shrike liked, getting to the point and acting fast. He quickly rolled back his shoulders a few times to ease some tenseness.-

" Well, looks like here we go again!"

-Shrike was all for the excitement and danger, it was that adrenaline rush that he enjoyed the most, made him feel alive in other wise what felt like a rather boring existence, he knew and was willing to go above and beyond when it came to an entire time line that needed to be saved, more so when it was a close ally to him.

"If today is such a important day in the time line, how much time do we have left to stop the events unfolding ?" 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:53 am

Capsule only thought of one word for this.

Family.

'I wonder what's it like to have one...' she thought silently to herself as she ran closely behind shrike. ''Perhaps using the phrase' robotic shell of his former self ' would not be appropriate when in the company of a robot such as I." Capsule said. This was her way of saying "Hey I take offense to that " Capsule didn't care that she revealed she was all machine. She calculated the group she was in had a very low probability of hurting her from this fact. Lillith sort of glared a capsule. "So you're one of those soulless man made things..." 
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:25 pm

"I can see why you would be offended by such a phrase, but that is how I feel. I grew up with my father, and now he is a robot hell bent on my destruction." He said, still continuing at the same speed. Coming to a corner, he skidded slightly as he turned, barely missing running straight into a wall. He sped up further, starting to leave the group behind. He was desperate to protect Rai, that much was obvious.

Ember, seeing this, had sped up just a little, yet looked to Shrike to answer his question "that much I don't know, all I know is that dates. I just hope we're not too late..."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:32 pm

-Shrike was no where as fast as Caen in both natural speed and the fact he was bearing a lot of gear but he did do his best to remain in visual range of him so he wouldn't get lost. 

Shrike was use to going into the unknown, he often lived in the life of always being prepared for something to happen, however even this event that could theoretically could alter the future it self and the sake of the world did install a slight sense of anxiety. 

He felt like there was a huge weight on their shoulders, the backlash for failure would be astronomical. Failure was not a option at this point...
Caen's determination to reach the destination on time only furthered to the importance of the mission ahead. 

"Hell I hope you are right, if we are late we better have one heck of a back up plan to fix this crisis or I am not sure what is going to happen, we will do what we can that is all I can assure you." 

-One way or the other this was going to be one huge event to unfold before them.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:07 am

((Dogy? You're up.))
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:47 pm

Yep))

Capsule took note of what caen said slowly increasing speed. Lillith was having a hard time trying to run with everyone so she just jumped on top of shrike's back. "Hehehe don't mind if I catch a ride with ya, green boy.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:20 pm

Finally, the hedgehog skidded to a halt at a small, but well-kept house, just on the outskirts of the city centre. He had arrived just in time, too, as a certain fox stood just outside of her door, surrounded by a group of robots. 

These robots hardly looked like a professional job. Cobbled together from scrap parts and stolen G.U.N. Machinery, by the looks. Still, they were probably every bit as deadly as Ember had warned. 

Ember stopped alongside Caen, just as the hedgehog had begun to draw his blades. From this sound, the robots' attention was drawn away from Raito, turning towards the group. "Rai... Thank God you're safe..."

"Caen?! The Hell are you doing here? How did ya know I was in trouble?!" Raito replied, her eyebrow raised, a pistol in her grasp. 
"Long story, no time to explain," he replied simply.

Caen looked over at Shrike and Lilith, as well as CAPSULE, "All of you, deal with one each. I pray these won't be too difficult to handle."

Caen turned his attention back to the group of robots, just as they began to walk towards the group, each of the armed with plasma cannons. "How odd. These ones look nowhere near as professional as father, yet the weaponry, it's..."
"Expensive, yeah," Ember replied.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:41 am

-Well as long as she didn't try to prank him like she had done times before he had no reason to deny her a seat on his back, if it meant getting there quicker with out leaving her behind then all more for it.

Seems like there travels would take all of them to some kind of isolated small house of sorts, nothing really out of the ordinary, apart from the fact that there was a group of robots surrounding a Mobian fox female and that was bad news.

After some words were exchanged between Caen and her the robots seemed to shift the attention to them which of course didn't sit well with Shrike, he felt one of those cold shivers down his spine a "O-oh" moment if you have it. 

Caen had simple orders to follow, each one was going to engage a single robot and destroy it, ending this little conflict before it can escalate any further. Shrike didn't know what kind of weapons they would have, but it seemed Caen already knew the answer to that.

"Alright, you heard the man take one and take it down...hmmm I wonder what kind of weapons these tin cans have go-"

-before he could finish his sentence Shrike was struck with a plasma blast on the left side of his chest armor sending him to the ground, some smoke pouring off the impact zone.-

He said in a wheezy voice.- "Never mind...plasma...check." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:12 pm

((sorry for the late reply. I didn't know what to do since you stopped replying to my questions on the pm caen ;_Wink)

Lillith off of shrike's when they arrived to the place. She looked at the machines that were supposedly the big problem. They didn't look impressive to lillith. 'How disappointing.' Capsule stopped next to shrike analyzing the other machines. Both lillith and capsule went to a robot. Lillith made a stupid grin while capsule looked just as bit of serious.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2