Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Embers Aflame

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Embers Aflame Empty Embers Aflame

Post by The Red Blur Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:24 pm

It was a warm day, with the sun shining across the town, bathing it in a golden white light. A light breeze blew throughout the city, catching the spines of a hedgehog, leaned up against a wall. He was stood next to an apartment complex, holding a cell phone to his ear.

"Look, all I'm asking is if you have any leads. Do you?" He asks, listening intently to the person on the other end.
"We don't know his location, yet. We've tried everything we can think of, even checking on everyone who's bought any scrap metal or helicopters recently. Nothing..." A woman spoke to him through the speaker of the phone

After a few seconds, he could hear the tapping of a keyboard in the background "oh, that's interesting." The woman spoke, again, with a slight amount of hope in her voice.
"What is it?" The hedgehog spoke again, his eyes seemingly lighting up as he looked up to the street in front of him.

"A girl, about your age, she's been asking after a 'Caen Flare'. Do you want us to investigate?"
Thinking for a minute, Caen pushed himself off of the wall, shoving his gloved hand into his pocket "I'll do it. Send me the location, and we'll see who this girl is."

----

In the middle of the city was one girl, slightly thin, compared to the rest of the Mobians going about their business. She was wearing a black midriff-baring shirt, as well as black trousers, and black sneakers.
As she looked around the town, she was handing out posters, with a picture greatly resembling Caen. Only issue was that he looked older, and bags hung under his eyes.
"E-excuse me, sir!" She spoke, running up to a man in a business suit, presumably trying to get to his workplace. She held one of the posters to his face "have you seen this hedgehog? I would really really really appreciate it if you could help me!" She spoke, her tone almost sounding... Desperate. She seemed to have been at this hopeless task for hours.

Caen looked on, his eyes narrowed. This girl looked remarkably similar to him, what with the spine structure that flowed down her back, albeit it was straighter and longer, making her look almost like an echidna, were it not for her face, with piercing blue eyes.

"Who are you?" He mumbled to himself, standing and staring.

((okay, and that is the start of a fresh RP! Turn order will be established as people post. Aaaaaaaannnd GO!))
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Embers Aflame Empty Re: Embers Aflame

Post by Shrike Marine Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:54 pm

-What had felt like eternity of his sighting, chance by chance the town itself had some one working for it during a short period of time, what luck as that privateer free lancer was non other then the mysterious armored figure Shrike decked out in his typical array's of greens,grey an black gear.

It seemed he had altered his gear some more, introduction of forearm armor had been added to his look as well as attention gear fitted to his armor plating, the old symbol of G.U.N now no longer even visible as he intended it to be. The sun glanced off his dark blue visor of the mysterious yet recognizable helmet he was know for.

Only recently arriving and under short contract to provide limited protection to some areas of the large town, the days had come and gone. His time coming to a close and ready to depart to who knows where else, this was his job these days providing his protection service to local areas in exchange for cash, once finished simply moving onto the next and so forth.

The tall like armored figure had already cleared away his stuff and took what was his, he had done his time and made his way down the busy streets heading for the local bus top to see where he would go next. A oddity among those who were simply wearing civilian or business clothing but nothing he wouldn't change it for the world.

Shrike came to the local bus stop, sitting down gently laying his weapon across his lap waiting for the bus to arrive. Out the on his left he would notice her speaking to the well dressed Mobian questioning him about locating a particular Hedgehog.

Shrike watched, trying to see the image she was holding, all he could catch glimpses off was a figure that was red on the poster. Could it be she was looking for him, the only red Hedgehog he knew was Caen. He decided non the less to get hold of her attention.- 

"Miss! You holding those posters! Are you looking for some one ?...I may know who it is you are after.." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:13 pm

I'll reply later today! Sorry for the wait!))
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:14 pm

Lillith hissed as she ran in the area. She glared around running with great speed. There was someone chasing her. Someone that seemed to be going the same exact speed of her. "Please refrain from running. That will make this capture much more simple." There was something off about her voice. Lillith didn't stop running as she glared and looked behind her. Lillith had not paid attention to what was infront of her as she bumped into the female who had been passing out papers. Lillith fell down. Capsule grabbed Lillith by the neck.

((Capsule ref here Very Happy https://sonicrpnation.forumotion.com/t4472-c-a-p-s-u-l-e#197391 ))
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamharp79 Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:03 am

Paige was wandering the large city, mostly looking for things to do but holding a stone-sized golden nugget in her hand. She found it flowing down a nearby river, after dropping her club, and the young ferret planned on selling it, but it seems like there wasn't a lot of places to actually do so. That's when she found a missing person poster on the ground. It was carried by the wind straight to her feet.

Thinking it was destiny, Paige examined the piece of paper and started to look for the hedgehog shown in the picture. It was going to take a while to ffind him, that was for sure.

dreamharp79

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:49 am

With a shake of the head, the man in the business suit left the hedgehog behind, causing her to sigh for what appeared to be the thousandth time that day. Snapping her out of her glumness was a man, strangely dressed in mostly green and black armour, his face covered by a thick blue visor.

"Y-you do?!" She almost shouted as she turned to face this mystery man. She held up the poster, "I'm looking for this hedgehog, do you recognise him?" The picture may have bared a resemblance to the hedgehog Shrike was thinking of, but overall it was too dissimilar to be him, by the looks of things."He should be called 'Caen', but I dunno what he calls hims-" she stopped herself when she felt a bump on her back.

The girl turned around, to see that a small cat had fallen down behind her "oh, miss, I am so-" she was cut off, once again, when someone- by the looks of it, another girl, had grabbed her by the neck and held her upwards.

She gritted her teeth, clenching one hand into a fist "hey, what's your problem? You don't just go around grabbing people like that! Put her down!"

Almost as if on cue, another red hedgehog, dressed in a long blue coat, black gloves, and red boots slid in front of the female hedgehog, his teeth also clenched together.

"let go of Lillith this instant!" He shouted, holding out his arm, which triggered the summoning of several arrows, which glowed with an orange light.

With a shocked look on her face, the other hedgehog muttered "that coat, those powers... Could it be?"
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:10 pm

-As soon as she dropped the name it clicked, it was him as he had a feeling all along. However he didn't look quite the same as before perhaps the small subtle changes made it a little harder. Regardless he knew who he was, unfortunately at that moment he did not know where he was or where he could be found.-

" Yes then I do know him, myself and him have been through some hectic stuff before. I guess we have the odd ability to simply cross paths when the time calls for it. However as of recently I have not seen him in some time. Always did wonder where he would be these days and I..." 

-Shrike stopped talking when he noticed two more figures showing up, one he knew the other..the other was not like any thing he had seen before.-

"You gotta be kidding me, I could be in the most random sector of this world and she will still find me. Whoa you, new comer, jees turn it down a notch...drop the pink and purple fur ball...I don't know what she has done this time but let's..."

-Shrike turned back to see another figure approaching, instantly recognized some how once more they crossed paths again, no doubt this was Caen. He did wonder if Caen would remember or recognize him, his slight shift in gear and appearance might of thrown him off.

" Well I am gonna call this incredibly good luck, but mam, I believe the one you are looking for has just shown up...welcome to the party Caen..hmhmhmh." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:58 pm

"I'M NO FUR BALL, GREEN KILLER!!" Lillith yelled at shrike. Capsule slowly turned her head to the others but stopped at Caen. "Please stop this attempt to threaten me for I am not a threat. I am simply playing a game with the creature. Plus, ink demons have no lungs so grabbing this one by the neck will only cause slight irritation not true pain." Capsule let go of Lillith. Lillith hissed and backed next to Caen. "I'm as heavy as a bolder! How the hell did you pick me up with one hand and how in the world did you chase me with your eyes closed?!?!?" Lillith almost yelled this. "Out of all the things you could of said, you say that? " Capsule shook her head calmly. "Ah, it doesn't matter, now please stop pointing those arrows at me or I'll have to retaliate with the same weapon." Capsule waved her hand and the exact arrows Caen had summoned appeared right beside capsule but they were aimed at Caen. 

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamharp79 Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:06 pm

Just when she thought she was about to give up after mere minutes of searching for Caen, there were some shouting between people. Paige gripped her gold nugget in her hand and recklessly rushed towards the action at a breckneck pace. There she saw that hedgehog the poster was looking for, and it seemed like he was trouble with some other Mobians and even a human getting involved.

Seeing as she was practically unarmed at the moment, she decided to slink away, holding the heavy chunk of gold in her hands, and wait until she can figure out what's going on before doing something rather rash . They all seemed powerful too. Should she even get involved?

dreamharp79

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:28 am

"S-so I'm right?!" The hedgehog exclaimed, her face lighting up with joy as the green marine introduced Caen. "S-sir, can I-"
"I'll deal with you in a second," the male hedgehog sighed as he let his arm drop. He stood up straight, again, looking over this strange girl who had grabbed Lillith. His eyes then met the arrows she had copied. How strange. "I doubt they would do much to me, anyway, but... My God, Lillith, you gave me a scare!" He said, smiling down at the cat's less than pleased reaction to being caught.

Finally, Caen turned around, his coat flowing behind him, almost in a grand fashion. He glanced at Shrike, speaking "long time no see," before his eyes turned to the hedgehog before him. "So, you were looking for me, correct?"

After staring blankly at the hedgehog, the female finally bowed "s-sir, my name is Ember, and I... I've come to deliver a message."
"Is that so?" He asked, cocking his head slightly to the side "what kind of message would that be?"

After a few seconds of standing silently, this other hedgehog looked away, cupping her hand to her mouth. Tears started to well up in her eyes "I-I'm sorry, give me a minute..." She said, her voice trembling.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:59 am

-Shrike nodded in affirmative, I guess Shrike knew Caen well enough to tell if it was him or not from a respectable distance, then again Caen was his first true friend in this world. He seemed to be a lot more focused tho nor showing signs of fear.

Shrike had his weapon well in hand, his trusted and tried Echelon assault rifle, tho not aimed or ready to fire he was ready to shoot should this mysterious new comer provoke or threaten others, I guess this kind of nature of Shrike was somethingyou could just get rid of, it served its purpose as a fail safe protection. 

Shrike could only assume what the little purple poof ball had gone and done now to get herself caught but, well who ever this new comer was. Shrike relaxed a bit easing his tense self when he finally showed up, perhaps now he could figure out why she was looking all over the place for him. He had wondered what Caen had got himself up to over the long time they had not seen one another but those questions could wait for another time. 

" I would say to long myself, lady here has been looking for you, I think she has some good intel for ya."

-Shrike watched Caen turn to the lady who had been seeking him, she seemed distressed and scared, what ever this message was it seemed to be serious non the less, would she tell them all or just him, regardless Shrike was not going any where.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:19 am

Capsule stayed silent the rest of the time. She was already collecting data from the responses that the others had said. She was also very interested in what the lady had to say so she stayed quiet. Lillith was still mad at what capsule had done but hearing caen seemed to calm her down. Lillith looked at Caen and then at the mystery lady.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:59 pm

((Alright, I don't think Dreamharp is posting, so I'll skip her, for now. I'll give her another chance before seeing if anyone would like to fill her position, though.))

"Good intel? Hmm..." Caen replied simply to the green marine before looking back to this Ember woman. She seemed to be... Upset. "M-miss, feel free to-"

Suddenly, the hedgehog was cut off when Ember wrapped her arms around him, bursting into tears "Dad, I... Never thought I'd see you again!" She shouted, tears falling down her face. Needless to say, Caen looked shocked at the whole situation. He looked at Shrike, then to Lillith standing beside him "U-um... Miss, you must be mistaken! You're not much younger than I, after all!" He said, ending his dialogue in a nervous laugh.

Trying to get this hedgehog off of him, Caen laid a hand on her shoulder. He gasped as his body seemed to lock up. Images raced through his mind. Images of destruction, of death, of... Alastor. With a heavy push, the hedgehog prized the girl off of him, before backing away, his breathing fast, and heavy. "Wh-what was that?!" He cried, his eyes not leaving this girl stood before him.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:22 am

-Shrike seemed to just let them speak minding himself until the time came to speak or do something else, he was not really paying attention to what the lady had to say, believing it was probably between her and Caen, so he best not intrude.

However she spoke so loudly he couldn't help but hear what was going on until!

Shrike heard her say that "Dad" Shrike had to process that he heard dad for sure and was not thinking of another world, so if Shrikes jaw could hit the ground it most likely would of, this is something he did not expect. 

Then again perhaps in their absence things had developed or perhaps the situation was a lot more complicated then what he perceived it to be.-

"Whoa whoa hold up! Did I just hear right or am I really starting to loose it...Caen...is your freaking dad! I'm I don't know what to say...I mean he is right you don't look much older...not sure how good Caen is with the ladies but..hell this is one surprise I did not account for..Caen you seem to be in complete shock."

-Course things shifted and turned dark pretty damn quickly once his whole vibe changed, as if a sudden form of PTSD had taken grip of Caen, Shrike was not sure but this was not normal. He snapped his fingers in front of Caen in an attempt to break him out of this frozen look..he only muttered the name of some one, some one Shrike had no idea who he was.-

"Holy shit hang on Caen, looks like you just had a PTSD attack or something, something is not right about this...what was that name mentioned...Alastor ? Do you know him ? " 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:31 pm

I'll reply later today))
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:34 pm

Lillith gave a very... Intreasting face to Caen when the lady said that she was his daughter. "Looks like someone got busy. Heh, who's the lucky wife or are you too of a free spirit to have that type of devotion?" Lillith grinned but not for long seeing as caen seemed to have some PTSD going on. "Whoa, caen you okay!??? I thought Alastor was gone or something." Lillith tapped caen. "Here I thought you'd be in good condition. You look like master before they kicked the bucket. " Capsule walked closer to caen but said nothing.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:22 pm

Finally, Caen's breathing slowed down and he shook his head, attempting to sort these new images within his mind. They almost seemed like memories of... Another time? When he came back to his senses, he glared at Shrike "I'll have you know that's not how I am with women, thank you!" He said, slightly offended at Shrike had been implying. He glanced at Lillith, laying a hand on her head to try and reassure her "I'm fine. Things were just rather... Surprising."

He looked at this Ember girl, walking forwards slowly. He spoke as he did so "Alastor is my uncle, the... Murderer of my father... Or so I thought. I found recently that he and another man, who goes by the name of Wilhelm Stein has put my father into a robotic shell. A fate worse than death, no?"
He stopped in front of Ember, who had to look up slightly to meet Caen's eyes "what I want to know is just what those images mean. Explain yourself. Now."

"Y-you see, I..." She put her hand behind her head, scratching it. She laughed nervously "this is a reaaaally long story. You see, I am your daughter, but not of the same... Era, let's say."
"You mean you've travelled through time?" Caen asked, his eyebrow raised.
"Yeah... Yeah, that's exactly what I mean..." She said, sounding a little defeated. No doubt everyone around her would think she was crazy.
"Okay, if you claim to be my daughter from the future, tell me one thing. It is something noone else would be able to know. Something that only I would know..." He looked straight into her eyes "what would I do when all of my strategies have failed? When I am staring death in the face?"

With that question, tears began to well up in Ember's eyes, again "y-you..." She seemed to hesitate. Did Caen bring back a bad memory?
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:31 pm

-Standing very quietly out of the way of them two, not really wanting jump and say any thing really important for that matter, he wanted to know every thing of why she has been looking for him. It was interesting enough to figure out the details of her origin but he imagined the reason for coming all this way to find him was only going to add more depth in the long run.

Shrike had never seen or heard of this guy named Alastor, only the intel he knew was coming directly from Caen himself, this being was responsible for the murder of his dad. In a event such as this he could only imagine distinct hatred towards this guy.

Indeed Shrike would not be far off from his predictions that this situation was indeed only getting more complicated, her so called claim of being from another era only further added more "What the?" In his mind. 

Not impossible at all, Shrike was all to aware of strange things happening, hell he had even been to a alternate reality of Mobius once, after seeing thing like that he was probably the only one who could believe such a tail. 

She had literally come from the future back to the past for a very good reason indeed, no one would just come back for a walk in the park. Caen seemed unconvinced and decided to use a method to try and prove she was telling a truth from a lie.

"I for one believe her story, I'v seen many strange things in short space of time, things I still can't explain or understand. However if she is willing to come back to the past, which no doubt is probably no easy feat...I think she is legit...but this is for you to believe in Caen all I can do is try sort this out...question is why...why did you come all this way back...you coming to give him a warning of some kind ?" 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:36 am

I shall reply to this later Very Happy))
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:41 pm

((Please can we keep ooc posts to the plotting thread in the future. Also,  there's no need to post that you'll post later,  as I'd much prefer for you to post when you're,  y'know posting. ))
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:49 pm

Lillith purred when Caen laid his hand on her head. "Alright." Lillith replied to him. "Robotic shell....? Capsule whispered to herself. It didn't take long for the girl to reveal that she was a time traveler. Lillith crossed her arms. She smirked. "Oh man... Do you know how much rules you're breaking traveling through time? Hehe you better make sure the time popo don't come and take you away." Lillith gave an evil grin but stopped seeing the girl was crying.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:06 pm

Ember looked up at Shrike,  her eyes scanning his visor,  attempting to see at least a little of his face.  "Thank you,  sir,  but I must prove it to you. " She sighed,  before looking Caen in the eyes "you have a last resort attack.  It engulfs a large area in flame and...  You inevitably get burned up in the end. " 

Chen's stare softened a little,  back to a more kind expression "that's correct. Ember... What happened in the future?" He asked,  laying a hand on the female hedgehogs shoulder. 

"Alastor...  He got too powerful.  He enslaved half the world and you lead one of the forces against him.  I knew of that last resort power because you used it,  and yet...  It was all for naught.  He survived and...  With your last breath,  you ordered me to use the prototype and...  Well,  here I am. " she said,  her tone somber,  and melancholic. 

After Lilith spoke,  Ember turned her head,  scoffing "I'm afraid no laws exist where I came from.  That,  too was destroyed. "

Caen differed from Ember,  choosing to reply with a sharp glare,  instead.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:50 am

- Guess he still was not entirely ready to remove his helmet, maybe for good reason. It seemed Caen had one power that could very well put any thing Shrike had to shame in terms of raw damage, however he could see why it would be a last resort as it will kill him in the process. 

Hearing what the lay had to say, it seemed the future was looking rather bleak. A world over run by a mad man, while small pockets of resistance continued to fight on, seemed not to different from a similar scenario here. Shrike had the feeling she had come back to possibly ask this Caen to fight Alastor in the future to save it.

While Lilith's statement was more or less a joke she was right, if the Zone cops discovered her she could face time in jail or possibly even something worse the that.

Shrike seemed to pace up and down after all was said and done, his one hand tapping against the solid grey black of his helmet as thoughts went back and forth.-

"If what you say is true...which no doubt is...then it seems we have a possibility to strike first! We could stop this before the future unfolds. We stop Alastor and non of this ever takes place. No war, no take over, no Caen dying. 

A battle to save the future in the past huh. Seems extremely dangerous but when you look at what has happened if he is not stopped. I think its a risk worth taking. 

Ultimately it is your call Caen, but I stand with you to the end of the world and beyond."

-He turned back to look at them all.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:11 am

Lillith and capsule listened to the two. Lillith was about to go and say something to probably bum down what shrike said but capsule put their hand on their mouth to signify Lillith to be silent. Capsule walked very close to Ember.  

"You do realize that whether or not the guy takes your offer, you just being here has affected all of our lives for better or worse. And even if he accepts your offer, you're not saving the people who have died in your timeline, When you go back, Everything will be the same. You're only creating a new timeline. A timeline that we will live but you never will. Are you truly ready to face that reality?" 

Even though capsule had their eyes closed, their face was staring dead at Ember. There was a serious tone to capsule's voice. "How could yo-" "I have a bucket of water with your name on it if you don't stay quiet." Capsule said not turning.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:05 am

Ember looked up at the other woman's face,  seeing that her eyes were closed,  which made her guess she was blind,  or something similar. "I was taught the basics by a friend of my father's.  I know how world lines work.  Truly,  you can't go back in time unless you leave everything exactly how you left it,  otherwise you create another timeline.  However,  if I didn't go back,  I'm dooming every single timeline where Alastor exists to the same fate. Even if I can save just one,  I'd be able to rest easy, " Ember spoke,  her tone just as serious as the woman stood in front of her. 

Caen laid a hand on Ember's shoulder,  a solemn look on his face.  "You see,  I was looking for Alastor myself,  but we have absolutely no leads. He could be anywhere by no-"
Caen was cut off by Ember's eyes widening,  as well as her gasping "Dad,  where's Raito?!"
"Hmm? She should be at home right now.  She was doing some research for m-"
"We need to go there,  now!" She said,  a sense of desperation in her voice "I just remembered,  this was the day where Wilhelm's prototypes...  They...  They... "

Caen's solemn look was replaced with a more serious one "no way..." He turned,  facing the direction of Raito's home "Shrike,  Lillith,  as well as her friend. We need to leave,  now!"
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next