Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guiding Light

3 posters

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Guiding Light - Page 14 Empty Re: Guiding Light

Post by Froshana Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:58 pm

Flame tilted her head, uncertain of what he meant for a couple of moments. Once she caught on, though, the hedgehog couldn't help but laugh out loud. "Dude, no," she laughed, "Not literally cover me, I mean, like, watch my back or back me up? Stand back and be ready to act if some shit goes down?"
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:56 pm

Wolf looks at Flame in embarrassment.

"Oh... I didn't realize that is what you meant..." he says, "I... uh, well, I guess it might be better if you back me up. You are far more capable than I am if something bad happens."

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:08 am

Flame shook her head a bit, letting out an amused breath as her laughter promptly subsided. "Sure, sure, we can do it that way. And hopefully I won't have to try and blast anything with you there in range," she replied.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:09 am

"Yes. I think I'd like that as well." Wolf adds, "Any idea when they might arrive?"

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:06 am

"Probably within half an hour or so," Flame replied, "The confirmation email should give an estimate..."

She switched her attention back to her phone, easily opening up her email and glancing at the first message there. After a brief pause, she nodded. "Yeah, 'bout 30 to 40 minutes."
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:46 am

Wolf nods slightly in return.

"Guess all that's left to do now is wait." he says.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:38 am

"YYyyep," Flame replied. She glanced around. "Doesn't look like this room has a microwave either," she pointed out, "Guess we'll have to eat less-than-hot food if we wait."
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:29 am

"Do you think that will make much difference if your food is not as hot as you'd like?" Wolf asks.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:45 pm

"Well, with a toasted sandwich, it tends to be better when it's warm and the cheese is still nice and melty," Flame replied.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:59 pm

"Oh, I see. I don't have much experience with those, so I wouldn't know." Wolf says.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:55 am

"Guess you'll find out soon enough, then."

Flame glanced to the television, watching was happening on screen for a few moments before looking back down to her phone again.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:40 am

"I suppose so." Wolf replies.

He glances at the television as well for a couple of minutes, then looks towards the window again.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:57 am

For the time being, Flame was fairly quiet. Her phone was still charging and she was just idly watching the television now and then. The hedgehog offered no conversation with Wolf either for now.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:14 am

Time seemed to drag by slowly, with Wolf idly watching bits of the television program that was on. He still had a nagging sense that trouble was somewhere nearby, but it didn't feel too threatening to him at the moment and it hadn't really changed since shortly after he awoke earlier. He'd occasionally glance towards Flame, who seemed to be totally unfazed by things that had gone on so far, that or she was able to hide it much better than he did and appear calm.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:18 am

With food on the way and no real signs of danger for the moment, Flame was fairly relaxed again. After all, she dared someone in the shape that coyote had to be in to try and break through the room's door with her there. The hedgehog did snort a little as the thought briefly crossed her mind.

But otherwise, she was feeling increasingly bored. It wasn't often that she sat around playing games on her phone, much less while the sun was still out. Staying in this motel room for the entire rest of the day was becoming less and less appealing with each passing minute.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:22 pm

It was some time later that there is a knock on the door. It startles Wolf, as he immediately tenses up and looks over towards the door, while also sliding back across the bed away from it.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:49 am

The knock on the door itself made Flame's ears perk up. She started to look that way, but the sudden movement of Wolf's being alarmed made her jolt a bit instead. The hedgehog couldn't help but smirk a little.

"Chill, chill. We got this," she assured him quietly, turning away to lower her feet off of the bed and back to the floor. "Will you be able to answer the door once I get the password?" she asked.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:09 am

"Oh... right..." Wolf replies, coming to a stop and looking over at Flame.

He slowly moves back over to the side of the bed.

"So... you'll talk to them, then I open the door?" he asks, as he climbs off the bed and stands up.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:21 am

Flame nodded. "Yup," she replied, standing up slowly. She exhaled softly and briefly as several sore spots made themselves known with the action. Without waiting for Wolf to head over, she stepped over towards the window, calling out through the door, "Who is it?"

She moved over to the side of the window farthest from the door, leaning near the wall to peer outside without having to move the curtain.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:56 am

"I have a food delivery for a Miss Flame." comes the reply from the other side of the door.

From where she is looking out the window, Flame could see a raccoon wearing dark pants and a jacket with the restaurant's name and logo on it as well as a hat that matched the jacket. The raccoon was carrying a bag with one arm, apparently where their order was being kept.

Wolf slowly makes his way towards the door.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:42 pm

The reply made Flame pause and she squinted at the raccoon outside the door. She raised one paw up at Wolf, signaling for him to stop. Her brow furrowed since the password wasn't relayed as she'd instructed. Although she did her best to not let it show, it made the hedgehog at least a little on edge.

She shook it off, however, and replied, "No, I don't think that's what I wrote down in the special instructions. Try again!"
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:48 pm

The raccoon sighs softly on the other side of the door.

"Not a twin." he says.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:53 pm

Flame smirked a bit, shifting back from the window. She nodded to Wolf and gestured for him to go ahead and answer the door. The hedgehog then stepped over to her backpack, setting it on the bed and pulling it open to find something inside. Might as well give a little extra tip for playing along, after all.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:08 pm

Wolf had paused near the door when Flame motioned for him to stop. Then when she indicated it was okay, he moves over to the door and starts to pull it open. Just as the door opens, there is a dark glow from the outside of it and the feeling Wolf had of danger suddenly spiked.

"Oh sh..." Wolf says, before he's cut off.

There is a blast of energy from the outside surface of the door, blowing it off its hinges and into Wolf, with enough force to slam it and him into the far wall. The raccoon is tossed in the opposite direction, back into the center area of the motel lot. The windows of their room and a couple of rooms on either side of theirs were blown out, sending glass flying. The shockwave off the blast was enough to push the heavy furniture near the door and the lighter items further from the door, several feet away and send the lighter stuff close to the door flying.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:29 pm

Well, oops. Flame had messed up there.

With her having foolishly turned her back to the door, the blast threw the hedgehog forward, tumbling over her backpack and across the bed with a yelp. She rolled off the other side of the bed and landed hard on her right arm, which drew forth a sharp groan from between her clenched teeth. Although getting thrown across the bed was perhaps less brutal than what Wolf had just experienced, she'd still had the air knocked out of her by the attack and was, if only for the moment, stunned. The hedgehog remained down on her right side, trying to understand what had just happened.

Granted, her phone was still clenched in her good paw, if only she could regain the sense enough to use it...
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next