Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here Comes a New Challenger!

3 posters

Go down

Here Comes a New Challenger! Empty Here Comes a New Challenger!

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2016 8:18 pm

Hey, what's up?  I'm a long time fan of Sonic and a pretty experienced writer and roleplayer, and I hope to contribute a lot to the roleplays of this site!  Most of my characters are OC furs not related to Sonic, though I still have plenty I can fit into it as well as still having a few outright fan characters, though I'll probably be sticking to one or two for now since I've made a lot of characters over the years.  I hope to get to know more of you and start roleplaying soon.

Back to top Go down

Here Comes a New Challenger! Empty Re: Here Comes a New Challenger!

Post by Electrisa Fri May 13, 2016 11:41 pm

Yoooo newbie, nice to meet you!
I'm Elec, one of the admins - so like, come to me (or any other staff member) if you're having trouble with anything or anyone.
And tbh, I can't see much of a difference between furry characters and Mobians - I mean, most of em can just be drawn in a different style and they work as both, no? xD ...ooor am i just stupid
..Well, hedgehogs do look completely different, but like. That's an exception. But I'm sure that in text and not on canvas, convertion of furry character to Mobian is even easier ;D
REGARDLESS
Hope you have fun here with uuuuus! *HAPPY WAVING*
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2016 11:48 pm

Yeah, but the issue isn't just that they're furry characters, what I mean is like, I want them to fit into the world of Sonic in a way that makes sense as well.  That's one of the main reasons I decided not to make a profile on my fursona, part of her backstory is gaining her powers from magical crystals, and I thought something like that would probably conflict with the lore of the Chaos Emeralds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Fri May 13, 2016 11:52 pm

Ooooh, fair do! Though, to be honest?? We're pretty chill here with things that aren't connected to the canon events in Sonic universe. Like, people with their factions and alien races and stuff are pretty alright.
...Well, as long as they don't make like.. god characters. We have limits D<
But I understand! It could get confusing, very much so xD Still, hope that you'll succeed in that furry to mobian convertion thing and have fun with your characters ;u;
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sat May 14, 2016 9:58 am

Applefox wrote:part of her backstory is gaining her powers from magical crystals, and I thought something like that would probably conflict with the lore of the Chaos Emeralds
Believe me, you're already putting a lot more thought into this than the majority of the Sonic fandom would care to. Though in truth, there isn't all that much strictness to a lot of the lore. Most of the characters in-canon who DO have powers tend not to have them explained. The fandom therefore tends to be pretty open about how characters operate and where they source their powers from and all that. We can barely decide if we're sci-fi, modern fantasy, or some weird mish-mash of various genres most of the time, so there's a lot of 'anything goes' to it. The only real issue is if you write up like;
"And this is Steve the Fox, Sonic's twin brother from another mother. He knows all the Sonic crew and is very popular with them. Also he can go Super at any time without assistance, and is the best at literally everything."
Generally speaking, the best characters tend to be those already lore'd up by themselves which can sorta stand alone without the context of the Sanic stuff. From there it's just a matter of using them and letting them intergrate via RP into the more key canon stuff.

Also I've babbled way too long without welcoming you to the forum. So welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your time here, and if you need any help, feel free to hit me up any time! (Or one of the other Staff if you want like, super-duper proper help from someone with actual authority here.)
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Mon May 16, 2016 3:56 pm

Hello and welcome to SRN c:
I am Uncanny another one of the staff team.
And honestly I can speak for a few people on here, most characters that some have stand alone way more as a furry character than a typical sonic character so you should be fiiiine.
If you ever have any questions or just want to RP, feel free to hit me up c:
Hope you enjoy your stay on here.
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down