Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone feel like some friendly competition?

5 posters

Go down

Anyone feel like some friendly competition?  Empty Anyone feel like some friendly competition?

Post by DeltaGear Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:48 am

So... I was thinking of doing a friendly open Free for all battle royal hosted by one of my company's.

This is more of a combat social event, no character death or anything that would affect canon in anyway.

The rules as follows would be:

1: If you are knocked off the ring or yield to an opponent you lose and are eliminated

2: No killing. No excessive force against an opponent that could possibly kill them

3:No flying (Flying characters will be asked to not fly for the duration) 

The whole point is to have fun and winning isn't the main focus (Even though I know y'all will wanna win pretty badly maybe, idk). Any other thoughts or opinions on rules or the setting is appreciated.

1:Pyro
2:Rainbow
3:C.S.O
4:

Last edited by DeltaGear on Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Anyone feel like some friendly competition?  Empty Re: Anyone feel like some friendly competition?

Post by TheBardPrincess Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:01 am

The term for a "free-for-all tournament" is a Battle Royale
But yeah sure sounds fun
I'll join as Julian :3
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

http://pyrode.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Anyone feel like some friendly competition?  Empty Re: Anyone feel like some friendly competition?

Post by C.S.O. Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:55 am

I'd like to give this a try. The stakes are pretty good in character.

I'm curious about how it comes about in character. If it was a public event, you might expect more than four people to sign up.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:58 am

Well... idk how to explain it maybe 5 will do? Or NPCs are around and get mentioned and we just assume our characters end up eliminating everyone else. I will tak r any suggestions on how to make it work.
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:17 am

The NPCs plan could work as long as we get those 3 other fighters in. I presume you're throwing in a character of your own, Gear?
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RainbowTH Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:47 pm

Thank GOD there are spots left. Can I join? (With Rainbow, of course.)
RainbowTH
RainbowTH
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:41 am

Sorry. I didn't mean to step on your toes with what I'd said earlier.

That would work if it was that the characters who start in this rp could be the winners from the qualifying matches. So, it could be that 'dozens' of people were competing to start and now it's down to the handful who are left. That could even let each of us offer our own explanations of how our characters each won to get to the final round.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:42 pm

So... as goes the tournament statts with each of oir characters winning the cell block in.each one until we reach the final battle which is a battle royal. That sound right?

(And yes Rainbow, you can join. Just be sure to stick around and be active. )

I'll be using a new character who's bio will be added soon Pyro.

As for other things in the event... I'll think of something for a reward that's not to much or to little. As to decide who wins or losses... i guess RP to your characters strengths and weaknesses or we could have a mod or admin look over everyone and choose who has the best chsnces. Nut that's only if y'all are specifically wanting to win and thus this would throw a hitch in RPing knowing your character is going to win or lose.

Again, any and all suggestions are appreciated.
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:24 pm

Well, we may not really need an outside judge.

Either the match is going to play out to where some time limit is reached, then we could judge among ourselves, or we carry on until there is one character left, in which case we'd just need to roleplay fairly with one another based on each character's actual skills.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:32 pm

Alright, we will roleplay fairly. So... here's where I ask to please post your characters bio link on who you are using. 

Any other ideas or thoughts on this? Additional rules? Questions?
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:36 pm

Julian Winchester
I got nothing else to say, I can't wait for the fight though Very Happy
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RainbowTH Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:57 pm

I can be inactive at times. Am I still in it or have I been kicked? 

Rainbow's Bio:
https://sonicrpnation.forumotion.com/t4907-rainbow-the-hedgehog
RainbowTH
RainbowTH
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:37 pm

You're still in. But when this starts I'm putting a week timer on it. If anyone doesn't respond in a weeks time when it's their turn the character is forfeit and loses in RP. Unless you have an incredibly good reason that you aren't able to post in that amount of time. that's the rules I'm putting down.

This is solely to avoid people disappearing and going AWL and leaving others high and dry. Not asking this to be rapid fire quick thread. Just... trying to avoid people forgetting or bailing only to come back a day late and be upset.

Questions? Oppositions?

Last edited by DeltaGear on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RainbowTH Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:54 pm

I get ya.

Good idea for a battle royale. Good Luck to you all!

-Rainbow
RainbowTH
RainbowTH
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:57 pm

Sounds good to me. Bio link in my signature below.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:37 am

Rules have been altered due to an extreme failur on my part. Weapons will be allowed but the rule still stands no killing is allowed or extreme wounding of a target. Both of which will get you disqualified. Obviously I'm sure nobody participating would actually do such a thing.
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Anyone feel like some friendly competition?  Empty A New Challenger Approaches!

Post by Adablur Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:29 am

Count Blu in!
Adablur
Adablur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum