Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a Little Warning in Advance!

Go down

Just a Little Warning in Advance! Empty Just a Little Warning in Advance!

Post by Guest Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:18 pm

I am not immediately departing SRN, nor will the departure be permanent. 

Ever since the beginning of the school year, I have volunteered to participate in the German American Partnership Program. (Or GAPP for short)

GAPP's Website: http://www.goethe.de/ins/us/lp/prj/gapp/enindex.htm?wt_sc=gapp

My school has given 23 other students and I a glorious opportunity to travel to Germany for about 3 weeks and live with families willing to host us while we go to school and learn about how they go about their normal lives, not through books or the internet, but in person. The idea is to be integrated into and to experience the lives of our hosts in Germany. Then after we return to the United States, the German students who hosted us will return with us for their turn in the exchange. 

This trip required hours and hours of planning, advertising, and fundraising, which has eaten away at much of my time here, but that's not the point here.

Our plane departs on April 9th, and we return on April 25th. Expect me to be minimally, if not completely inactive during this time.

Thank you for reading all of this banter, I appreciate it.

Back to top Go down