Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favorite Sonic TV series!

+3
C.S.O.
Caliburn
Wilime
7 posters

Go down

What's Your Favorite Sonic TV Show!

What is your favorite Sonic TV series! GDMEGbg27%What is your favorite Sonic TV series! 0lNb1KJ 27% 
[ 3 ]
What is your favorite Sonic TV series! GDMEGbg9%What is your favorite Sonic TV series! 0lNb1KJ 9% 
[ 1 ]
What is your favorite Sonic TV series! GDMEGbg18%What is your favorite Sonic TV series! 0lNb1KJ 18% 
[ 2 ]
What is your favorite Sonic TV series! GDMEGbg45%What is your favorite Sonic TV series! 0lNb1KJ 45% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

What is your favorite Sonic TV series! Empty What is your favorite Sonic TV series!

Post by Guest Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:48 am

Choose your favorite Sonic the Hedgehog TV show from the choices given. You may tell me why you like the show you like below, and please tell me if I missed an obscure Sonic TV show. (Even though I probably didn't.)

IMPORTANT: Sonic Boom will not be included because it hasn't aired yet! (NO FREAKING DUH!) and Sonic OVA will not be included either, since it is a movie and not a TV show.

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite Sonic TV series! Empty Re: What is your favorite Sonic TV series!

Post by Wilime Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:45 am

I enjoyed Sonic X the most. It had its flaws, but it was the most similar to the games out of any of the other shows.

Wilime
Newbie Member
Newbie Member

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite Sonic TV series! Empty sonic tv shows

Post by Guest Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:18 am

I love Sonic X because the story with the Metarex and Cosmo was awesome ^-^ yeah, but chris was just annoying, seriously, nobody needed or liked him, it would have been way better without him, but it was still great ^-^

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite Sonic TV series! Empty Re: What is your favorite Sonic TV series!

Post by Caliburn Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:49 pm

Sonic X because it's so accurate to Sonic. I'll take it any day. Like gnghhhhnnghhh I love Sonic X so much. The style, the story, the animation, the fact it has Super Sonic and all kinds of other characters that the other shows lack... aaaaa.

But VERY VERY CLOSE SECOND comes SatAM because that show was just such an amazingly well done show. Everything about it is nostalgic.

Underground is third, I mean, I like it! It has it's charm. It just... isn't as great because of the whole musical instrument gimmick. What were they thinking with that? e_o;

AoSTH can burn in hell.

...Other than the odd few moments that made me laugh.

...And giving birth to this theme.

Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:16 am

Top of the list for me is SatAM. It had an excellent story, mostly competent villains, some interesting ideas, I only wish it could have been completed.

After that, I have to say Sonic Boom is my number two. I find it very entertaining. Dunno if it could ever trump SatAM, but I'll keep watching and see if it happens.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:49 am

I can't help but notice not many people like Sonic X, and I really don't know WHY that's the case. I'd love to have some elabouration on it, honestly. XD

But yeah, once again SatAM is one of my favourites for a good reason!

Sonic Boom isn't on the list for me. It's down there with AoSTH because of how impossible to follow it is to me, buuuuuut the CGI style and the few laughing moments make it better than AoSTH at least in my taste.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:57 am

Burning-Fox wrote:I can't help but notice not many people like Sonic X, and I really don't know WHY that's the case. I'd love to have some elabouration on it, honestly. XD

I think it's mainly because, whilst Sonic X had good plots and development later on, dear god it started like bad fanfiction. Like, I'd honestly buy if the big twist at the end of the series, it turned out to be Christ Thorndyke's self-insert fic.
The whole 'Sonic and Co. travel to real life and make friends with real humans!' thing was so incredibly cheesey, aand the majority of early episodes really did have a very... monster-of-the-week set up. It was basically them rolling a dice on a robot to fight, aaand then Sonic fought it, usually in the exact same manner, with maybe one slight gimmick to the machine which tended to be resolved in about 5 minutes, if that.

I've seen and heard about later parts of the series, which seem quite interesting and stuff. But dear god did it start off bad. Really, genuinely bad.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:43 am

Actually with Sonic X, I thought the first part of the series was fine when they were on 'Earth'. Yeah it followed monster of the week formula with Eggman unleashing one toy after another, but that worked well enough.

The series did not need Chris Thorndyke and company, especially with him being inserted into pretty much every single key moment in every story line. It wasn't needed. Ever. He was a self insertion character.

Then it turned into 'Sonic in Space', and they really showed they were stretched for ideas. They managed to kick off that saga by making Super Sonic unable to beat the big bad guy right off the bat, but he wins later on because they shoot him out of a giant gun. Huh? That whole last arc just felt like, 'How can we stretch out this idea that is good for a couple of episodes over an entire season?'

It would have been fine had they just ended at the point they all returned home.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:00 pm

Chris, while I won't deny he was god awfully bad as a character and unnecessary as hell, was added to be relatable. It's like, who can you relate to as a human? Another human, of course.

Though they went way too far with it.

...And really it could've been done without it entirely.

The main thing is, the other characters BUT SONIC got the spotlight so little BECAUSE of Chris and his family getting so much.

I like the emerald hunt thing they had going in the first season. I also loved the finale episodes, like where they destroyed Eggman's base, or Sonic went Super against the mech and completely demolished it without even trying. Like, I dunno, for SONIC HIMSELF, the show is awesome. I just wish it had more focus on the others.

Season 2 was literally Sonic Adventure 1/2 so I'm not complaining too much. XD I mean it's the same thing, but... bleh, it's tolerable. They even did a Sonic Battle thing but that was more of a reference than anything I think because as far as I know it barely follows the game's arc other than Emerl is a thing and goes crazy towards the end and everyone gets sad.

Also just a small note C.S.O, in Japan, they actually explained that Super Sonic WOULD'VE beaten Dark Oak, but Dark Oak hid his wounds just barely and that's what made Sonic believe he was at a risk of losing. In 4Kids it's literally Sonic can't win at all, and big bad Metarex guy is unscathed.

Top plot, kek.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:51 pm

Burning-Fox wrote:Also just a small note C.S.O, in Japan, they actually explained that Super Sonic WOULD'VE beaten Dark Oak, but Dark Oak hid his wounds just barely and that's what made Sonic believe he was at a risk of losing. In 4Kids it's literally Sonic can't win at all, and big bad Metarex guy is unscathed.

I'll admit that the Japanese version of the show is far above the 4Kids butchered version, but still, if you think you can't beat the big bad in super form, why get rid of the emeralds when you've got nothing to push you beyond them? It made no sense other than to give them some reason to drag out the story. I still think that should've been a short arc, like the game adaptations, rather than an attempted season spanning epic.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:19 am

Writers for Sonic fiction do seem to generally struggle when plots move outside of 'We need to get all 7 Chaos Emeralds' so we can progress through things by doing x, y, or z with them.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:16 pm

Thaaaaat's definitely true. Not going to lie. It's like the whole Mario game recycle thing, always saving Peach. Or in this case, always after the Emeralds before Eggman can get them or something.

I mean, really, it's not like you can blame them for it. When you have 7 gems that basically grant you the power of a god lying around and could instantly make you victorious and ruler of all, why would you want to do anything other than go after them? *COUGH* COLORS STORY *COUGH*

But maybe having something HAPPEN to the emeralds. Something that makes them unable to actually be, y'know, physically used. That'd be cool because it'd take the focus off them for once.

EITHER WAY I'M TOTALLY STILL ON TOPIC WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyBunny Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:13 am

In order, because I didn't really watch these when they originally aired, 'cept for Sonic X.

1.) Sonic X 
2.) Sonic Underground (so bad its good, and made me really get into Sonic)
3.) SatAM
4.) AoStH (mainly because I kiiiinda remember it?)
MissyBunny
MissyBunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:53 pm

By now BOOM has aired quite a bit. And it's by far my fav Sonic show ever ;D *thumbs up*
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:40 pm

For me no.1 is definitely Sonic X, sadly or not, because that was one of the first show that I watched on TV, in pair with Yu-Gi-Oh (both in horrid polish dub), when I was younger.

The second place is Undeground... Just love it as much I hate it, and that's all in that topic.

And last, or not last, its Boom. One reason: Not used to the daily slicce of life scenario for Sonic. Just... I can't, even if I like to watch it sometimes.

About the fan stories (sorry for butting into it, but just had to):

Burning-Fox wrote:
Thaaaaat's definitely true. Not going to lie. It's like the whole Mario game recycle thing, always saving Peach. Or in this case, always after the Emeralds before Eggman can get them or something.

I mean, really, it's not like you can blame them for it. When you have 7 gems that basically grant you the power of a god lying around and could instantly make you victorious and ruler of all, why would you want to do anything other than go after them? *COUGH* COLORS STORY *COUGH*

But maybe having something HAPPEN to the emeralds. Something that makes them unable to actually be, y'know, physically used. That'd be cool because it'd take the focus off them for once.

Those actually exist, but its not much of them, some of diffrent concept actually going trough. I can pinpoint for some writers, but that's not the topic for that I suppose ^^''

Back to top Go down

Post by TwinkleCharm Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:23 pm

Sonic X is the best in my opinion! (except for Chris and Cosmo, I found these two characters xtremely annoying)

TwinkleCharm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down