Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unfolding Time

2 posters

Go down

Unfolding Time Empty Unfolding Time

Post by DeuxExDimensia Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:40 am

It was a partly cloudy night, the sun had just set and the moon was rising high above the sky. The moonlight shone down on a small, clear pond in the middle of a small forest, mountains reaching tall to the east of the forest. The faint moonlight reflected off the pool, slightly lighting up the area around it but the darkness reigned tonight as it usually did in the calm setting of the forest. The verdant green leaves of the trees swayed around in the breeze, making a small rustling sound as they flapped together. 

Near the edge of the pond sat a Kitsune, or so he seemed to be, three tails flicking around and occasionally dipping in the water as they got near, drops of water flicked off of the wet fur of the creature as his tails moved around him. His bright red eyes emitted a faint glow in the darkness, reflecting off of the clear pool of water. His dark fur seemed to help him almost blend in with his dark surroundings, his eyes sticking out like a sore thumb. Not the best camouflage, but it was never meant to be. In his left hand, which appeared to be lacking fur and scaled, a drastic change from the rest of his appearance, he held a necklace which he usually wore. The necklace depicted half of a sun, and the other half was a moon. The half with the moon emitted a strange energy as the moonlight hit it. 

His purple scaled hand, dark energy constantly swirling around it, clacked against the necklace as he tapped his sharp claws on it. The creature appeared to be deep in thought, as if he was trying to figure out what this emblem really was. He let out a heavy sigh and dropped his hand to his side, staring at his reflection in the water.
There were no answers to be found by just observing it.
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Unfolding Time Empty Re: Unfolding Time

Post by Spekkal Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:31 pm

Silence was a pleasurable thing; it soothed the mind, soothed the soul, allowed peace to reign for just those minuscule amount of seconds where it stood tall and strong. Silence was an unusual thing; who knew an absence of noise could be so alluring? Bar, of course, the rustling of the leaves against each other, the light creaking and groaning of twisted and turned branches from the gentle breeze, the occasional tweet of a bird or the shuffling of footsteps upon a dirt path, leading to the great and open pond which rested in a nice secluded area, where obviously a kitsune creature lay waiting.

The footsteps belonged to a red-robed figure. And by 'red-robed' I mean their entire body was covered: their head shielded by the hood of the robe, face hidden away by a yellow lamb-like mask, hands were gloved as were the ears (and bat ears, so that was a hint), and a thick crimson veil covered their wings, the only thing which was not were the bare footsteps against the ground below, and said feet seemed to be pale, bruised, the occasional strand of skin peeling away. But who looked at feet, right?

The gender was undefinable, bar the slight protrusion from the chest, hinting at female, so let's go with that. She seemed to hesitate at first, realising someone was in the forest by the place where she wished to sit at, ears flattening a little as a swift head movement looked left and right. Paranoia, but for what reason?

"Excuse me," she spoke up, her voice unusual and similar to that of grinding gravel, a right mess to hear, like the words she spoke were jumbled, despite making complete sense, "Ssssir? Who are you?" The spine-chilling hissing from the gaps within hidden teeth was also a red-flag warning sign.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:46 pm

The Kitsune flattened his ears when he heard the voice, hoping that when he turned his head to where he heard the voice from that it was just his imagination. Nope, of course not. He narrowed his eyes at the figure. "Tch, What's it to you?" He snapped. "I could ask you the same question, anyway." 

He tried to turn his attention away from the figure, putting the necklace back around his neck and fiddling with it as it hung there. Stupid masked thing, why would he answer a question like that? It's night time in a dark forest, not a soul to be seen besides them, not even he would trust himself.
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:16 pm

"Well, when one wanderss the woodss and meetss another, it's hard to tell what iss dangerouss and what isn't," the crimson-veiled fruit bat responded with slight hesitation, gloved hands lazily tracing along the bark of a tree, weaving and waving around the natural indents as she eyed up the black-furred being before her, "Especially when the night is sso dark, makess me wonder - are you a Sservant?"

She glanced sideways once more, biting her hidden lips in the process as she paused in her words to hear a possible shuffling, a possible indication, but there was naught but the silence. And now she examined the mobian before her, with his fur as black as night, and that unusual purple-scaled arm - he didn't adorn the robes, or even looked like Her little lackeys which stalked the mountains and the ravines. Perhaps this fellow was safe. Grumpy and antisocial from the sounds of it, but safe.

"Ssorry for my assumption," a shake of the head, "I'm all over the place. Sso I repeat - who are you?"
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:30 pm

"I'm not answering that until you do." His tone appeared to be harsher now. "You bring up a good enough point, a good point as to why I shouldn't answer your dumb question anyway." 
He got up, standing at an even four feet when he stood up straight. He took a moment to really look at the creature and what she was wearing. He considered it strange, almost suspicious especially considering the circumstances but he didn't feel the need to state it out right. 

He crossed his arms and began to tap his foot impatiently, staring at the creature with a less than pleased look.
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:10 pm

The crimson-veiled bat frowned under her golden mask, little stubborn fellow, he was; "Very well, considering I invaded your own sspace - I am Sstorage, a wandering traveler seeking peace, nothing more and nothing lesss," she answered at last with the slightest twitching of the fingers, and the flexing toes out of slight irritance and the orders being placed upon her from this stranger.

"I have ansswered, now for yoursself," the bat took a few steps forward towards this mysterious individual, wings giving a light flap and the red fabric slightly wafting in the breeze as she took a bounce forward, skinning and peeled feel landing gracefully across the grass, "Who are you, and why are you hesitant to reveal yourself to me?"
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Mon May 26, 2014 5:21 pm

He took a few steps back as she took a few steps towards him. He looked at her with a confused look, still quite irritated at the presence of someone else. Finally, he sighed and gave in to the Bat's question. 

"Twilight." He muttered. "I'm... Twilight." He didn't seem all too happy to be giving such information away, but just a name couldn't be too bad, could it? He stared down at the water beside them, as if he was purposely avoiding eye contact with the individual. "I don't really like telling anyone about me, or who I am. They shouldn't have to know." He added. "It's so god damn annoying..."
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon May 26, 2014 10:52 pm

What. "Now that'ss just hypocritical, Twilight," the fruit bat remarked with a light shrug of her skinny shoulders, testing that name upon her tongue, the syllables dancing with each distorted letter she spoke:"Expect otherss to reply to what you cannot? It makess you sseem more of a villain than you posssibly are. Or even..." wings flared at once, a light hiss escaping her lips as aggression roared within her very system, "...A blight upon the world. Defiiieeerr..."

Cough.

"Ah... Or not... You could just be a normal ssimpleton who wisshes to keep to himself. Who just wantss to be alone. I.. can... resspect that," nod nod, "Apologiess." Her wings receded back to their original placement, her feet awkwardly shuffling against the blades of grass as she too observed the waters edge for the movements. This was awkward.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down