Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kay's Adventures.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kay's Adventures. - Page 2 Empty Re: Kay's Adventures.

Post by KK-Afterbrun Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:43 pm

March 1st:
Just days before we departed for the Aurua Icefields, Steam came to me with an interesting artical. Aperently there is a tournament being held by a Madam Mystar for a Relic of some sort. However, with that Duskstone shard in my body and my past track record in fighting tournaments in mind, I told Steam that I wasn't interested. However, to my surprise, Steam asked if he could enter the tournament. I told him no right away, Who knows what could happen. Steam insisted and pleaded with me until Scypier came and looked at the artical. Scypier suggested that Steam should go. It seems that it was two against one when Steam said that the relic could be what we need to find that Duskstone Emerald. I told him I'd think about it.

March 3rd:
With a bit of reluctence I agreed to let Steam enter this tournament. But I placed a single condition: To find out as much as he could about the Fallen Star Relic. As Scypier and I watched Steam run off, it pains me to think that tomorrow we'd have been off to the Aurua Icefields. Hpefully he doesn't get himself killed.

March 6th:
We've arrived at Aurua Icefields and I find it mild compaired to Mu or even Ice Cap Zone. The ruins will be hidden around here some where, but the magnetic pole around here is interfearing with Scypier's sencors. Looks like we have to do it the old fashion way.

March 8th:
Finally found the ruins. There isn't as much here though as the other places. We are conducting a comprahensive search for anything that could help us find out the history of this place.

March 12th:
Nothing but dead ends. Most of what was here has melted away. It seems that I've come too late.

March 13th:
Why does my fortune always change just when I'm getting ready to leave? It seems the Ruins go far deeper then expected and there are some tantilizing tidbit here and there. Though there is still very little here I found something shocking on an old stone tablet. It seems that Avalon has always existed. It was the central cult site until it seemingly vansihed without a trace from the sky above. I must do some more research on this.

March 14th:
I can't believe the extent of what we found. The Tablet is dated to around the same time as the Gardens of Babylon fell from the skies...Could Avalon be those same Gardens? Or did it cause the Gardens to fall....There is only one way to find out.

March 15th:
Today we depart from Aurua Icefields for Ice Cap Zone. But I intend to stop off at Lazare Village and check up on Steam. I plan to let him know what we've discovered.

March 16th:
I was side tracked from my plans by something that I never expected. On our way to Lazare Village, Scypier and I found a strange piece of wreakage in the forest. It didn't look to me like something that Dr. Eggman might have made. Scypier was unable to idendify it either. As we looked around I made a discovery that sent a chill down my spine so fearce that it could have shattered. I saw Rascal, Dopler, and Stacy on the ground. It looked as though something had attacked them, and yet I didn't see a mark on them. I checked for a pulse on them, only Dopler was still alive but only just. Rascal and Stacy were gone. Quickly I brought Doplar's body to my bike and Scypier and I brought him to a hospital. I do not know what happened but I may find out if Doplar recovers.

March 17th:
Dopler woke up this morning but he was very weak. He was surprise to see me and asked about his brother and sister. I told him that I didn't find them in time and asked what had happened. All he said was the Dark Lady. I had no clue what he ment but I told him to get some rest so he could back his strength. As I left his room, I started to wonder why I was helping a Tree-Rat who bullied me for years. Maybe my expirence at the Technoguild....No that Little girl, Claira, at Dorado might have lessen my hatered for those missfits. I will see what tomorrow brings.

March 18th:
It seems that Dopler passed durring the night. I might not be able to figure out what had happened, but I feel completed to study the wreakage for clues.

March 28th:
I could not find anything at the wreakage...In fact the Wreakage seemed to be shrinking each day. Whomever or whatever did this to those three Tree Rats is making me worried. Who else was a victem to it?

March 31st:
I caught a bush flight to Lost Labyrinth Zone. As the seaplane took a fuel stop in Bridge Zone, a Hedgehog named Maxus came aboard. I was lucky to meet him as he was one of the fighters who would be fighting Steam. I did a little small chat with him to see just how he would fight. Mind you the sword and gun he had were a lot more noticable then my gun.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

http://kk-afterbrun.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:48 pm

April 1st:
I finally arrived at the town of Lazare, near Lost Labyrinth Zone. Steam does not know I'm here and I heard from one of the locals that he is fighting the next two days...This should be interesting.

April 2nd:
I found my way to a place the local's call the Worksite within Lost Labrynith Zone. It seems the villager would rather have Steam test his stuff here then at home. I spied him fighting another hedgehog wearing some weird looking battle armor and Maxus watching off in the sidelines. Steam managed to get both his and himself opponent out. But he thought that he was cheating and attacked him after the match. I intervened before he could get himself into more trouble. His opponent reconised me and started to call me a crook. Steam defended me, but I told him that everyone has a right to an opinion, even if it was wrong. I told Steam that I'd be watching the fight with Maxus and demanded that he didn't push himself.

April 4th:
Yesterday was emotional to say the least. Steam got beaten by Maxus badly. As I went to check up on him, his opponent from yesterday, Giro, called me a murderer and accused me of killing Prof. Howler. I was so overwhelmed by this I fled and got cornered by Giro and his two robots. He was intented on killing me until I mentioned that Prof. Howler took the shot that was ment for me. It was only after that I found out that Giros was Prof. Holwer's nephew. The lad didn't know what had happened and thought the rumors of the event being set up to be true. I have made the choise to cancel my plan trip to Ice Cap Zone and wait for Steam to recover.

April 10th:
With Steam back on his feet, I decided to head for Mt. Chillside. I couldn't leave earlier because the bush pilot was forced to ditch his plane by a high jacker. Scypier and I will depart tomorrow.

April 11th:
What are the chances. We boarded the airship at Station Square to Mt. Chillside and who climbs aboard, Maxus. His next opponent seems to be at the Lava Foundery in the lavafields. This should make for an interesting trip.

April 12th:
When we arrived, we parted ways with Maxus and started towards Mt. Chillside when Scypier devulged that someone was following Maxus. We turned back to see Maxus fighting a robot monkey and a raccoon, who he seemed to know. I watched as the robot tried to use one of Steam's inventions and as I figured, lost control of it. when it vanished over the horrizon, I directed Scypier to attack the Raccoon with it's flamethrower. After say our goodbyes to Maxus once more we made our way to the base of Mt. Chillside to set up camp.

April 13th:
Scypier and I made our way up the mountain side to investigate rumors of a strange writing that was found in a cave near the peak. My mind, however is still on what Giro had said and how Steam is doing. I mustn't let it get in the way of my research, but I can't seem to banish the thoughts.

April 14th:
Finally made it to the cave. The trek up here is dangerous, and I'm putting it mildly. I'm exhausted from the climb and I will look for the writing in the morning.

April 15th:
I found the writing that I heard about. It is similer to the Cult tablets that we found but Scypier is having difficulty translating it. I started to try and copy it down as best as I could before nightfall. Scypier turned on it's lights to aid me. Tomorrow we shall start to decend Mt. Chillside.

April 17th:
When we arrived to the base of Mt. Chillside, I recived word from the guild once more. It seems that the wreakage that we came accross last month wasn't of this world or dimention. Even the guild themselves weren't able to identify it. However they have told me that the guild was once part of the cult that I've been following on. Rather then tell me in a message, the guild asked me to meet with one of their agents up at Ice Cap Zone, saying it was urgent. I was on my way there anyways.

April 25th:
As I arrived at Ice Cap Zone, I wondered whom I would meet there. To my surprise it was Claira, the little squirrel girl whom I had met at Dorado. She had a message from the arbiter of Dorado. It seems that as long as the shard is inside me I myself cannot touch the missing emerald. Now that is a worthwhile piece of information I need. She also confermed, when I asked, that Avalon was one of the cult sites. Now it's starting to make sence, but I still have no clue about how to get the emerald in Mt. Parhelion. Claira had to go once she gave me the message and I gave her a hug before she went. Maybe, once I get the emerald, I'll take Steam with me to see the guild, but I will not mention this bit to Scypier.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:51 pm

May 1st:
After spending a few days here, I am Unable to come up with anymore information that I don't already know. Yet I am pestered by this thought that Steam is in serious danger. I don't know what to make of it...

May 5th:
I have decided that I will cut my research short. That nagging thought has me very worried that letting Steam enter this tournament was a bad idea. I hope the boy's alright...

May 6th:
I recived word from Steam that the tournament is over. Tomorrow he will be at one of Madam Mystar's four homes. However, I will not be able to join him in time. I will see him in three days.

May 9th:
The look on his face said it all. Steam was tramatized by whatever happened at Madam Mystar's castle. It seemed, as Steam explained, that Madam Mystar was a demon who wanted to drain the fighters life force for her own. Scypier noted that Steam had left some details out, but I did not push for it, as he was still quiet shaken by the whole thing. I asked about the relic and he told me it was only a ruse to get people into the tournament. I can't imagine what the poor boy went through.

May 13th:
I asked Steam if there was anything he left out when he told me what had happened and he told me no. Scypier hissed at him for telling me a lie and then I pushed for the truth. It was then that he spoke that a companion of one of the other fighter was sucked into a vortex that was collapsed by the fighter with one of Steam own mouser bombs. Almost with a passing shutter, Steam refured to the demon as a dark lady. I suddenly remember what Dopler had said before he died. Could it be that demon! But what did she have to do with that pile of wreakage?

May 15th:
Steam asked me if he could take some time off. I told him he could after what he had gone through. I instructed Scypier to go with him for now. I'm going to the head office of the Station Square Times to see where that wreckage may have came from.

May 16th:
I may have found something. I found an artical about a dissapirence of a young woman two years ago whom had vanished for almost a month. She had vanished on a night when the Mirror Moon had appired in the sky. Close to a month later, she was found just outside of town, dazed and confused of how she got there. Maybe..Just maybe I might figure it out whom this Madam Mystar really is, if I can find her.

May 17th:
I found the young woman working in a flower shop on the northeast end of town. Jessica, that's her name, said she couldn't remember much of the time, but remembered a few key details. She claims that she was taken to the Mirror Moon to be one it's guardians. But one of the others betrayed them by bringing Dr. Eggman to take over the moon. I asked about Madam Mystar and she looked at me with confusion saying that there was no one with that name there. I asked if she recalls who else was there. She said a few names but two names seem to jump out for me. One was Maxus, to my surprise. The other was a fellow by the name of Kale, whom her tone was quiet harsh towards. I suspect that this Kale is the traitor. I must seek out Maxus and ask him about the Mirror Moon.

May 20th:
Steam and Scypier rejoined me as we headed to South Island to speak Maxus. When I had recounted what Jessica had told me to them and Steam jump with surprise. He told me the fighter who collapsed the vortex with his mouser bomb was a fellow by the name of Kale and he mentioned the Mirror Moon. It seems that he refured to Madam Mystar as Esper with great fear. Did he find out something that the others may have missed? This is proving to be a lot of work to dig for the truth.

May 21st:
It seems that Maxus was out. However his friend Zexal was there. Steam met him at Madam Mystar's castle and when I spoke to him about the Mirror Moon, he told me a similer story to that of Jessica, except with better detail. Seems that Esper was the head guardian on the Mirror Moon and they had only been there what had felt like two or three days when Dr. Eggman invaided. It was then that Sonic the Hedgehog came to the rescue with the fanged sniper himself, Nack the Weasel. However, Zexal was still unsure why Kale would team up with Eggman as he had a strong hatered for robots and other machines. He mention the only person whom Kale was open to was Maxus. Figures. I think I should dig a little deeper at a later point in time to this mystery. Right now, I think we all need a break.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:55 pm

June 2nd:
I've completely gone off track of my mission to find away to get that last Duskstone Emerald. Scypier suggests we head back to Blue Moon Village and ask about anything that may be of interest. It's wroth a shot.

June 5th:
We arrived back in Blue Moon Village where we once again encountered Fotiagis. I informed him that the police persence had died down in Station Square but that I was unable to remove the bounties on his head. He snarled and say he knew that I was lying. I addmitted to him that I had other loose ends to tie up but that I spoke the truth about the police persence. He cursed at me and was ready to attack when the sound of police sirins caught his attention. I called out to Steam and he fire his cannon arm at Fotiagis, sending him flying off towards Sugar Splash Zone. The police arrived and demanded Fotiagis. I told them that he just got on the boat a few moments ago. The boat had just pulled out of the harbor as the police race towards the dock. Their commander demanded to know where the ship was off to. I told his that it should be following it's normal course and inquired about Fotiagis. His reply was stern and sharp that it top secret.

June 6th:
We headed to Surgar Splash Zone and found Fotiagis hiding out in the ruins and he was mad. I told him we convinced the police that he was on the ship and he just snorted. Steam told him that even if the police found out he wasn't on the ship, that doesn't mean he could have jumped ship and swam to another island or drowned. Fotiagis glared at Steam with a sneer, but quickly smiled. He told us to look at the caves near the end of Redhot Ride Zone at Mt. Parhelion's base and suggested to go up to a place called Storm Station. As he got up to leave, he turned and said good luck. I'm hoping this tip pays off.

June 8th:
After slogging through the thick woods, we came upon a manor with Eggman's unmistakable stache. I learned from Scypier that Storm Station was Eggman's base here after the Death Egg had fallen from the sky for the first time. The two of us, Steam and myself, are tired from the trek and we decided to stay here for the night. Scypier wished that we moved on, but I'm just too tired to continue.

June 9th:
Steam has gone missing! It seems that this mansion is haunted by ghost and they taken Steam. I've got to find him!

June 14th:
I finally found Steam! He had just simply wandered off and gotten lost in the mansions corridors. He had found a badly damaged robot and was trying to repair it. I started to scold him about wandering off like that when Scypier activated the robot's memory banks. It showed a detailed map of Storm Station and how it came to rest on Parhelion Peak. And then I noticed a rocket booster sticking out of the volcano in it's images. Could that be a way into the volcano?

June 17th:
That was hot. We just came to the far edge of what they call Redhot Ride Zone, a massive lava field with underground paths that seem to lead no where. I just hope Fotiagis's tips were right.

June 18th:
I have never seen wall painting like this in a long time. This place was once home to the echidnas that had move to the Angel Island. I think these were predicting the first distruction of the Death Egg and the fight for the Master Emerald that I've heard about when I was younger. But alas, most of the art is badly damaged and with a massive hole in the ground, some are just unreachable. Steam told me that he might have an Idea and told me to let him work on it. I hope he knows what he's doing.

June 19th:
Scypier and I headed up towards Storm Station while we left Steam do his thing. How Dr. Eggman got that place up there is beyond me. The route up is harrowing to say the least.

June 21st:
Blast! The route is blocked by thick Ice and an impossible snow storm. I am forced to find another way up to Storm Station.

June 23rd:
Steam has pulled through. Don't ask me where he got all that wood, steel and tools and how he stuffed them into his pouch, but he built a retractible bridge that spans the hole. In the morning we shall examine the art more closely.

June 28th:
The story the art tells is facinating. Some of the ones that are intacted do speak of the battle between Sonic and Dr. Eggman on the Death Egg. But the ones that I've been reading are only there in parts. One part in piticulare seems to speak of a ruin inside the volcano's caldera that rises every hundred years. I must now get to the Peak of Mt. Parhelion and Storm Station to investigate this. But how?
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:59 pm

July 1st:
Steam managed to talk me into using his Gyro copter to fly up to Storm Station. Thought I have seen it work, I dought that he would be able to lift Myself and Scypier with that contraption.

July 2nd:
I take back what I said earlier about Steam's Gyro. To my surprise, it took off with all three of us and in no time, we were on Storm Station. I ordered Scypier to learn what it could from the station's databanks while Steam and I headed up to the caldera to see what we could. Just as we came over the clouds, I could see a massive rocket booster sticking out of the caldera. I told Steam that would be our destination and we set up camp on the rocket's edge.

July 3rd:
This is deffinately Dr. Eggman's handy work. It looks as this might have been how he got the Death Egg into orbit in the first place. Steam pulled out some rope and some other miscallinious climbing equipment and we started to slowly make our decent. I suspect it will take a day or two more to reach the base of the rocket.

July 5th:
How big is this blasted thing? It seems that we've been climbing down this thing for weeks and we have yet to reach bottom. Thankfully, Steam has plenty of rope to get us down. We set up a small camp on one of the remaining side supports to get some rest.

July 7th:
Finally reach the base of the rocket. How anyone can build such a monstrosity is beyond me. In the morning Steam and I will see if we can find the Emerald...Whenever morning is...

July 10th:
Joy of joys, I can see the Emerald! But a large chasm stands between us and it. But to see it make me weep with joy. I must find away to cross the chasm and get that Emerald. But I also must remember what Claira told me...

July 15th:
I can't beleave it! I am so close and that Duskstone Emerald is still just out of my reach. However I was contacted by Scypier by a small robot from Storm Station and that we are needed there A.S.A.P.. I wonder what it is Scypier has discovered.

July 16th:
While I was busy with finding a way to the Emerald, Steam had built a lift that clung onto the Rocket and transported us to the top at a very fast rate. So fast, in fact, that he had put seatbelts so we wouldn't be launched out over the horizon. And I do believe that my ears popped at least twice on the way up. Tomorrow we head to Storm Station to meet up with Scypier.

July 17th:
When we arrived at Storm Station, Scypier came to us with grave news. It seems the rocket crashed into the ruins and made them highly unstable. To make matters worse, it is preventing the ruins to emerge from the volcano causing it to be active. When I ask if there was something we could do, Scypier said that even if we distroy the rocket, the volcano would errupt, distroing the ruins and much of the island along with it. I told Scypier that I had seen the emerald but was unable to reach it. Scypier mentioned something about using one of the old robots that were laying around the station and Steam jumped in and asked if he could try it. With no other option but to leave, I gave Steam the go ahead...I hope it works...

July 21st:
Scypier sent a message to the villagers at Blue Moon Village telling them at the dangers we've discovered and recamended that they get ready to flee as quickly as possible if something were to happen. Steam, on the other hand, found a robot fox with a duct fan for a tail and modified it into a small helicopter with a grabber claw. Though he said he was done, I could not help but over hear him say I hope this works..I'm have very little confidence that will go well.

July 22nd:
Today, Scypier, Steam, and I headed back down the rocket to the ruins. Steam wanted to take one more day to test his machine before making the attempt. We only have one shot at this and I can't let anything go wrong, so I told him to go ahead.

July 23rd:
What a disaster! Steam managed to manouver the machine over the emerald and grab it. But as it came back, the machine's moter stopped working and it, along with the emerald fell into the chasm. Now the Emerald is lost for ever. Though I'm heart broken by this, a part of me is releaved that no one will ever see the power that emerald could do.

July 25th:
As we had made our way out of the volcano yesterday, Scypier detected the volcano was starting to errupt. Steam called out to grab him as the lift he made raced upwards. With our belts off, the lift shot us high in the air. Steam, tossing junk out of his pouch, dug out his gyro and flew us towards of the floating ruins of Horizon Hights Zone. Now as we sit here, I can see the volcanic cloud crumble to the ground and the sky darken over the island. I hope the villagers managed to escape as it seems that we are trapped up here.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:55 pm

Aug 3rd:
The volcano has finally subsided. Food is limited but thankfully Steam and I are not big eaters. I pray that help comes soon, however. It still pains me that I lost my only chance for the Duskstone Emerald. But as I look at the distruction of the island below, I cannot help feeling partly responsible for this disaster.

Aug 8th:
We've been seen! A small plane was flying over the island and Steam used his arm to flash sunlight at the pilot. They passed over and dropped a crate of food for us. Soon we will be rescued.

Aug 15th:
A G.U.N. heleicopter landed here and they picked us up from Horizon Heights Zone. As I'm writing this, we are on our way back to the main land aboard a G.U.N. ship. But Scypier told me something that filled me with mixed feelings. As we passed the volcano, Scypier detected the radiation from the Emerald, it had shattered into three part and were blasted from the volcano. Though I'm filled with joy that I have another chance to get the Emerald, I'm filled with fear that it may fall into the hands of someone who doesn't understand what power it contains. I know what only a shard can do, but then what if one uses one that is whole? I feel my spine freeze solid at the mere thought.

Aug 20th:
Those thugs at G.U.N. demanded that I hand over all my notes. I told them that my note were my life's work and I would never turn them over until I was finished with my work. They threatened me to get my research until, to my releif, a voice boomed out of nowhere to leave me be. Suddenly Techron appired and told the soldiers to stand down and let me leave. Techron brought me out of G.U.N. HQ and I took my leave with Scypier and Steam. It's best not to ask question at this point.

Aug 21st:
Ran into some of the villagers from Blue Moon village today. Thank the stars that they all got out safely. To my surprise, however, they told me that they knew that this would happen. It seems that the volcano had been acting up since Eggman's rocket crashed landed there. Our warning gave them ample time to flee before the disaster. Phew...That is a load off my mind.

Aug 23rd:
I asked Steam where we could find Kale and he mentioned that he lives in the Badlands near Dusty Dunes. So I made arrangements to head there next week. I'm taking this week off to get that close call off my mind. Besides who knows where those shards have gone. I can't let it dominate my mind. Like my old man once told me, 'Sometimes you find what you seek when you aren't looking for it'.

Aug 31st:
Today we head for Black Silver Station. I've booked a room there and I hope I can get to the bottom of this mystery of Esper and the Mirror Moon.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:59 pm

Sept 2nd:
When I arrived I heard a big commotion at our inn. It seems that a person called the Badlands Bandit had seemed to have dissapired. At first I was happy to hear that, don't need a crook trying to rob me now. But then Steam told me that is what the locals refure to Kale as. So I started to ask around to try and figure out Kale's story. The town is devived on whather he is a bandit or an unfortunate soul. The Innkeeper told me that my best bet to dig up Kale's history in the area is to go to Rustfang Village as he seems to have been born there. I will head there in the morning.

Sept 4th:
...I'm still shaken at what I have seen..The village is in ruins and bodies are everywhere. Death doesn't even discribe my surroundings. Could Kale have done this or was it something darker? My mind shivers at the thought.

Sept 5th:
Only two of the bodies show signs of injury. The rest don't seem to have even a scratch. A flash of what I had seen when I stumbled across those trouble making tree-rats, Rascal, Dopler, and Stacy. Could this be the work of the same...creature? Did it get Kale?

Sept 6th:
Steam found a grey ascot in one of the buildings. He remembers that Kale was wearing one during the tournament. Scypier also found some dirty bandage wrap just a short distance outside of the village next to another body. The wrap looks as if it was torn off and had some dried blood stains on it. Scypier told me that the blood came from two people. One was the body it was found next to, and the other was unknown. I hope that I am able to find either Kale or get into contact with Maxus to figure out this mystery.

Sept 7th:
We headed back to Black Silver Station this morning. Scypier has told me the other blood stain has been there for at least six years. But more interesting, that it seems that this person was related to the victem found outside of the village. When we arrived, news of what had happened at Rustfang village had reached here. Two men were arguing if Kale was responsible or not. Steam broke them up and just as the turned away, one of them mentioned that a woman named Jacky had just came back only a month prior. Steam turned in shock, saying that it couldn't be. I asked him why and he told me that was the girl whom was with Kale who was sucked up by the portal. I told him that it could have dumped her elsewhere and told him we needed to rest up.

Sept 8th:
Just when I thought this talk was over, I saw Steam talking to a little boy. The boy told him and I that Jacky had indeed returned to her village, but the boy thought something was different. She seemed dark in a away. I admit, my heart suck a bit, again with this dark lady. I've arranged to leave town in the morning as gathering information is all I spent doing today.

Sept 9th:
Shortly after we pulled out of Black Silver Station, the train stopped in the middle of nowhere. It seems the track has been damage by an impact of sorts. It will be a full day before anyone comes around to fix it. However, Scypier detected something that made me smile a bit. It seems that one of the three Duskstone shards is around here somewhere and apperently was what damaged the track. I asked the engineer how long it would take to fix the track once the work crew got there and he said it would take two days. I've got two to three day to find that shard before the train leaves so I must work fast.

Sept 11th:
Hurrah! We found the shard! Steam found it up near a large rock formation. Just as he was going to retrive it, two treasure hunters go in our way. However, I reconised them from the guild. Once again one of them feinted on me. The other, this time didn't want to back down and wanted to pick a fight with Steam. He charged towards Steam with a hatchet as Steam stood his ground. Steam suddenly jumped onto his tail and gave him a double boot to the face. The other came to and shaking in fear offered me a metal box. With a shakey voice, he told me that it would help me carry the shard without it's influence causing me any trouble. Steam quickly scoped the shard and placed it in the box before the other could attack. The other treasure hunter suddenly stopped and looked around in confusion. It seems the emerald shard had taken control of his mind as when he saw me, started to shake in fear. Making it look like an oppertunity, I asked them if they knew where the other shards were. They did not know and ran off. We returned to the train to find the track was almost finished. We quickly boarded the train with our prize and soon we were off. I told Steam and Scypier to hide the shard with them while I take a break and spend some time with my Mother and Father. What I failed to mention to them was that I was also going to see if I can pin-point where the other two shards may have flown off to.

Sept 30th:
It seems my plan doesn't bold well. If I am correct, the other two shards under deep water. Once again I feel both angered, sadden and yet at peace. Until I get more lead, I believe that this will end my notes now. I have one emerald in pieces with in me and powering Steam's arm, and a shard of another. My quest is far from over, but until something of interest is brought to me, I can do nothing.
Kevin Afterbrun LePeu(Kay)
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Kay's Adventures. - Page 2 Empty Fighter's Log Book: This comes after Kay's Field Notes by a few months.

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:03 pm

Feb 2nd:
I have decided to set up a small expadition to try and find the two missing shards. Steam, Scypier and I will take a boat by the southern tip of the contant and see if we can get the shard that, if my calculations are correct, landed there on the sea bed. We shall be leaving in one months time.

Feb 21st:
Steam came to me with an interesting artical. It seems there will be another fighting tournament starting up. At first I was going to discount it until Steam showed an picture of what the prize was. It looked like a gemstone and I read the artical more deeply. It seems that the organizer, a Mr. Saulnier had found it and claimed it to be worth millions. I should try and meet with him to get a closer look at it.

Feb 23rd:
I knew it! When I tracked down Mr. Saulnier, his assosiates didn't want me to get close to the gemstone, which is understandable. Mr. Saulnier allowed me to get a closer look at it and that is when I realised that it was one of the Duskstone Shards! There was no mistaking that. When I asked him, he mentioned that he got it off the sea floor while searching for treasure on a ship wreck opposite to where my planed expadition was heading. I have a thought but I still need to discuss with Steam and Scypier before I do this.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:31 am

March 1st:
I told Steam and Scypier to get the shard as planned from the expadition and I was going to enter the tournament for the other shard. Scypier protested of course, But I insisted to help keep it out of the wrong hands. I might be a tad rust on the fighting scene, but like hell am I going to let that shard slip out of my grasp once more! Steam wished me good luck and gave me a radio so we could keep in touch.

March 3rd:
After seeing Steam and Scypier off, I quickly rushed to find one of the sign-up booths that Mr. Saulnier mentioned and asked if there was still room. When it was confirmed that there was, I signed-up in hopes that I would get the shard. I hope this won't be for nothing...

March 4th:
Mr. Saulnier put me to the test against a fellow named Bark. I think I've heard of him before but I can't place it. Lumbering as he is, however, he packs quiet a punch. I managed to beat him, but only just. I wasn't allowed to use my shovel or my gun, but there was no mention about my steel toed boots. I still hope that Mr. Saulnier bought that bit about me being a Geologist, last thing I need is his thugs about my case for treasure.

March 8th:
Today I faced my first two opponents. Two in one day is a bit much, but only the first match had a rule that I could not kick them. I had no problem with that. The first was a five tailed fox, who looked familier, at Marble Zone. He came at me with a sword and I could only beat him off with my shovel. Just as it would look like I'd lose, I fired my gun behind me to distract him long enough to knock him upside the head. He fell like a sac of potatoes. After that, I was rushed off to Spring Yard Zone to face off with a scorpion. This fight was the complete opposite as it was more a fire fight. The guy might be little, but he was packin' a thompson. The only way I was able to win was to get close, but that was easier said then done. I managed to drop a chandalier on his head before body checking him into a bumper. Though I came out with two wins today, I am not feeling as confident about this idea of mine after all.

March 14th:
Recieved contact from Scypier. They've arrived at the location and have rented a ship, but bad weather is preventing them for searching for the next few days. I wish them the best of luck, but don't tell them that.

March 15th:
After a few days off to recover, I was told that I had another Double fight to do on Westside Island. So I made my way to Station Square and spotted a yellow Rabbit with a flicky rushing to get on board. I over heard that he was heading to Westside Island as well for a double fight. However where he was heading to the ruins of Genocide City, I was off to Chemical Plant Ruins. I suspect that we may run into each other after we finish our opponents. Who knows, I may face him tommorrow in the evening.

March 16th:
I am sore from that double fight. First I faced a fox who is nothing more then a sellsword. But I was unable to use my Shovel to attack. I lost badly and I still had one more fight to go. As I made my way to Genocide City, I saw the rabbit with the flicky. He was being stalked by a badnik so I shot the machine down. It seems our match will be later, but now I had another opponent to face. She was a white rabbit who attacked me with a plunger on a skateboard. She would have been more easier if it wasn't for all the Rabbids that ran amok in the ruins and trying to steal my stuff. I bearly got the win there. I hope there isn't any more double fight for me. I'm Beat.

March 22nd:
Yet another loss for me today...Mind you, That wolverine was miles ahead of me on power. And the fact he wanted to fight me on Speed Highway at rush hour on a monday morning was too much. I feel lucky he didn't take my head off as I had to fight clean. I'm going to have to up my medical insurance after this tournament if it doesn't kill me first.

March 23rd:
Contacted by Steam this morning. They are now searching the area where the shard may have landed, if my calculations are correct. He said they'll let me know when they find the spot. I also spoke with Mr. Saulnier about sending the next few opponents of mine to Mukdredge Cavern in Meta-Juglira Zone. Maybe the traveling there might give me a chance to win a few more fights.

March 27th:
I lost again..But this time it was a technicality. My opponent was a hedgebat. An odd combo if you ask me but he was far better then anyone that I've encountered so far. I basicly was blind as I had to fight him in the dark. I somehow got in a few good hits in the melee. And just as he was about to finish me off, I gassed him knocking him out. However, I had stepped into the muck within the caverns and was sinking fast. One of Mr. Saunlnier's big horned sheep goons came and pulled me out and told me that I had stepped out of the arena when I gassed my opponent. That made him the winner...Blast It All!
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:37 am

April 1st:
My next opponent didn't waste any time attacking me. The Tree Shrew smelled like she had partied hard way past happy hour and it didn't seem to affect her. Couldn't use my gun this time, but I managed to win this by tossing rocks about the place and letting the echos confuse her before I hit her from behind with my shovel. She accused me of cheating, but she had broken her stipulation, though I can't remember what it was. Oh well.

April 3rd:
Word from Steam and Scypier. Another Storm hit the area and they were forced to stop searching. But Scypier had detected the shard was near where they abandonded the search. I told them to head back there once the storm had cleared up. It seems that things are looking up for me. I hope that I didn't jinx it though.

April 5th:
The blasted machine that I'm using to light the caverns continues to give me problems. If Steam were here, he'd have no trouble with it. It must have gotten damaged during the fight I had with the Tree Shrew a few days ago. Wouldn't surprise me if she did so on purpose.

April 6th:
While trying to fix the machine again, my next opponent arrived. It was the rabbit with the flicky that I saw on Westside Island being hunted by that badnik. It seemed the backfiring of the engine scared him as he was ducking behind some rocks on the floor. He mentioned that those pesky Rabbids where running about Meta Junglira Zone. The scamps must have followed me. Then again, I think I saw a few by Speed Highway when I fought that brute of a wolverine. They might like me.

April 8th:
After that last fight, My back is killing me. The kid's tougher then he looks and when it seemed that I tricked him with the old random gunshot trick, he dodged it and clobbered me with a hard right. And I also got news from Steam and Scypier. The good news is they can finally go and find that shard. But they also told me a message came for me from the guild. It seems that the five Duskstone Emeralds they have were stolen recently. Details are a bit odd since almost no one has ever heard of the guild before. Something tells me that this might be an inside job.

April 13th:
There's no way that I'm going to win this tournament cleanly. I've gotten into contact with a the tournament tester Bark and his buddy Bean. Seems I was right in reconizing them as the Fanged Sniper's Lackies. I hired them to do whatever it takes to get that Duskstone Shard from Mr. Saulnier and/or the tournament's champion. I don't like to do this, but I have no other choice.

April 15th:
I've found myself at the base of Mt. Chillside once more. In three days, I must make it to the summit to face my next opponent. It's going to be a long climb.

April 17th:
I finally got to the top. It was hard going up without Scypier and Steam, but I had some unlikely helpers to climb up. Those pesky Rabbids gave me a hand to scale the mountain. My fight is tommorrow.

April 20th:
I somehow managed a win, dispite the blizzard that blew in mid fight. After my fight, my opponent helped me get down off the mountain. Once there he returned to the summit, but I noticed that the Rabbids hadn't followed my down. Maybe they like it up there?

April 25th:
I find myself once more in the Badlands. My opponent wanted to fight in Rust Rock Canyon. Not the safest place to do so as he nearly buried himself in a rock slide when he introduced himself. All I know is that after this match tomorrow I must hurry back to Black Silver Station to catch a bus to Oil Desert Zone.

April 26th:
Though I conceded my opponent the victory, He knocked himself out during his victory cellibration and I was credited with the win. That's a first. I did manage to arrive in time to catch the bus to Oil Desert Zone, so I'll be napping on my way there.

Arpil 28th:
Still haven't made a trip to the hospital yet, dispite nearly getting my hide carved up by my opponent yesterday. I blame my loss on three factors: The heat of the desert, Her skill with her swords, and Her....Battle dress..I shall not explain it here...
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:44 pm

May 3rd:
I got word that the tournament was put on hold for a few days. It seems that both my opponent from the previous fight have been badly injured. As well as two others, one of which was crushed by a boulder. I could use the time off.

May 10th:
I got word that my next two opponents are at Westopolis. One is at a local hangout called Zillion's Cafe. But first I must head for Everwood Forest. This could be tough.

May 12th:
What a surprise that I got when I met my opponent today. She was a Wood Dragon. I managed to see her talking to a small plant with what can only be discribed as a beautiful song of life. I startled her when I gave an applause to her performance, but she didn't like the shovel that I carried.

May 13th:
I limped back to Westopolis after my fight with the dragon. There was no way that I could win as she controlled the plants around me. She was surprised that her posionous breath didn't affect me. Thank you Duskstone Shard in my body yet again.

May 16th:
I finally found Zillion's Cafe. My fight is only tommorrow but I was stunned at how loud the music at this place was. I estimate that the walls are about five and a half inchs thick to keep it quiet on the inside. My opponent wasn't there when I arrive, but I'll see him in the morning.

May 17th:
Nearly got brunt to a crisp by my opponent. He didn't like the fact that I called him a hegdecat when in fact he was a porcupine. Unfortunately we both got DQ'ed when I tried to gas him as he dance. His firey based attacks cause my gas attack to explode. First time that ever happened.

May 24th:
Got word that I'd be facing a pirate next. So I'll be on my toes. I had recieved a message to drop out of the tournament, but I can't let that Shard slip away. But I haven't word from Steam and Scypier. What's taking them so long?

May 26th:
I was told that my match was canceled because the pirate was booted from the tournament as well as the scorpion that I faced a few months back. Seems they were causing trouble for the other fighters.

May 27th:
I was on my way back to Station Square when I heard an Explosion and some gun fire. I spotted the rabbit with the flicky being attacked by that Scorpion I faced earlier in the tournament and Bark and Bean were attacking from above. I doughted that I could do anything with those two in the air without blowing the fact that I hired them when I hear a gun shot and saw the helecopter they were in crash. I ran down the Scorpion with my bike and got the rabbit to Woodhaven Campground. He asked how I was doing after our match. Thank goodness I can take a beating. I just hope my luck doesn't run out.

May 30th:
I was told to face my next opponent at Metal Harbor. But when I arrived there was nobody there. Suddenly a woman dressed like a pirate attacked me. I managed to beat her off before mob of pirates came to defend her. Seems she was my opponent that was booted and she demanded to know why. I still had the note from the other day and I showed it to her. She lost her mind, cursing that she'd hang the thug who wrote this on her personal parchment. She and her crew left before one of Mr. Saulnier's men arrived and told me my next match was in nine day at this location.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2