Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Human Transformation (Revival 2)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Human Transformation (Revival 2) Empty Human Transformation (Revival 2)

Post by Ember the Foxhog Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:36 am

I explain it well enough in the first revival that I've copied most of the text from it into here. News though: Quiet Light holds second-in-command for this rp, so if I am not on, go by what he says.

I remember back last year when I did a rp where we-as in the cast- were just normal kids who all bought a virtual reality sonic game. When we started to play it, we eventually knocked out, a portal sucking us into the game as we were unconscious. When we woke up, we were inside the game as the characters we had created and controlled in the real world. It was up to us to not only return to our world, but also to save the game world from an unknown evil that was bent on not only conquering the game world, but after we got sent into the game, the real world as well.

So now that I've explained the rp's plot, I've decided to revive it since the old topic was lost in the deletion. And it is as such that I will allow for a new roster of characters.

I've updated the signup sheet, and here it is.
(Note that when I say in real world, I mean in the real world of the rp, not in real life)

Name in real world:
Age in Real world:
Gender in Real world: (The reason I add this is because my char in the original was a boy who was a girl in the game.)

Name of game character: (Must be a character that already exists as a character here on the site. Unless I give permission for you to make a new character.)
Gender of game character: (Same reason as Gender in real world.)
Age of Game Character:
Powers to start with: (If they have any powers, the character only starts with one or two of the powers that their character has already. The powers must be either weak damaging, so that as the story progresses the player gets more powers, or a special ability. For example, if I were to use Jeff, he wouldn't have any abilities to start off. As for Mylie, I'd put flying as a power.)
Powers achieved as story progresses and when: (If you have more than two powers, any stronger attacks or transformation abilities, like Super Mylie or Hyper Sara, will be achieved later in the story.)

Weapons: (If you use any external weapons)

Go ahead and sign up!
Ember the Foxhog
Ember the Foxhog

Back to top Go down

Human Transformation (Revival 2) Empty Re: Human Transformation (Revival 2)

Post by Aurora Lightsune Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:41 am

All right!  Taking a page from Jeff's book here.

Name in real world: Jaye G.
Age in Real world: 17.
Gender in Real world: Male.

Name of game character: Jayne P.
Gender of game character: Female.
Age of Game Character: 17.
Powers to start with: Healing.
Powers achieved as story progresses and when:
- Stronger healing after practice.
- Light-based abilities and attacks that grow with exposure to different types and wavelengths of strong natural light.
Weapons: Hands, feet, and tails - unarmed fighting ability that develops with experience.
Aurora Lightsune
Aurora Lightsune
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:38 pm

Name in real world: Brandon T.
Age in Real world: 16
Gender in Real world: Male

Name of game character: Kenta Devitt
Age of Game Character: 25
Powers to start with: Wrestling Abilities. Extremely Agile.
Powers achieved as story progresses and when: Heart & Soul (Brief but huge power up in strength.)
Mastery of Counters.
Weapons: Fists, Feet, Knees, Elbows, Head, Etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:43 pm

Name in real world: Jenny H.
Age in Real world: 17
Gender in Real world: Female

Name of game character: Mercutio
Gender of game character: Male
Age of Game Character: 21
Powers to start: Ability to become a "super-soldier" for a limited amount of time. It can be hard to control.
Powers achieved: Gains control over the "super-soldier" ability and can utilize the power at maximum efficiency.

Weapons: Twin 9mm semi-automatic pistols.

Last edited by DarwinDarcy on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:47 pm

Name in real world: Briar Rae
Age in Real world: 16
Gender in Real world: Female

Name of game character: Brooklyn "The Midknight" Katiyana
Gender of game character: Female
Age of Game Character: 19
Powers to start with: 
-Weak ice based projectiles
-Stronger projectiles
-Walls of Ice ((Defensive barriers))
-Self Healing

Weapons: None

Last edited by MidknightBeast on Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by XwSapTrapXw Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:49 am

(Doing this again woot!)
Name in real world: Steven Periodot
Age in Real world: 15

Name of game character: Screach the Hedgehog
Age of Game Character: 17
Powers to start with: Super speed
Powers achieved as story progresses and when: Energy attacks
XwSapTrapXw
XwSapTrapXw
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Lightsune Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:53 am

Hey, just so people know.  The RP hasn't died before it starts.  Jeff and I have planned to get it going either this coming Thursday or Friday (that's the 6th or 7th, for those of you calendar-challenged folk).
Aurora Lightsune
Aurora Lightsune
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Lightsune Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:51 pm

[Let's do this!  ...after consideration, I will not enforce a posting order.  Main goals for now are just getting to the building and getting ready to in and start, interacting with anyone you meet along the way.]

"Hangin' on the edge of tomorrow~♫...from the works of yesterdaaaay..."  An older teen, bright-skinned and heavily clad (he wore dark cargo pants and a black jacket even though it was the start of summer) rode his bike down the sidewalks of the near-empty metropolitan streets.  Normally the city wouldn't be anywhere near as quiet, but some kind of lull set in this summer afternoon.  He welcomed the lack of crowds, though, as it let him zoom down the streets as he sang.

On any other day, he probably wouldn't be singing out loud at all, but today...today would be a great day.  The sun just at his back gleamed on the silver letters 'SRE' sewn onto the jacket, which would make sense to any fellow testers: Jaye's goal downtown today was the testing lab of 'Sonic Realm Expedition', an immersive VR simulation of Mobius.  Since this was a closed beta he'd already registered and designed his main character (with some help from a good friend who knew a lot more about computer-aided design), a vixen who would easily pass for his twin sister if both of them were vulpine or human...as it stood, this would just be connecting his senses to her simulated ones to explore the sample game world, but hey...the first real test!  "...if you beg or if you bor-row...you may never, find your waaaaaaay!"

Jaye pressed on towards the lab address, only just keeping himself from breakneck bike speeds.
Aurora Lightsune
Aurora Lightsune
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:19 pm

Brandon wanders along the street, his headphones in as he wanders towards the location of 'SRE' alone. He was left to wander and imagine just what is in store, he was one of the first to sign up, despite not having any friends to go along, he blissfully continued on, head held high as fists clenched with excitement, he smiled to himself the whole way there with countless wonders flying through his mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:25 pm

Briar Rae..What much could be said, she loved video games? She had been on the hype train since she had been invited to this "SRE" testing session. As she skated her way there on her roller blades, she pondered the vast amount of appearances her 'avatar' could have, long hair, short hair, a dress? What species?! A shirt and shorts? Boots? Running shoes? HIGH HEELS!?
It was like a free shopping trip, and the 'girly girl' in her was coming out.

She was still quite the fair distance away from the buildings address, but it was in sight.
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sol Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:53 am

Name in real world: Brendan G.
Age in Real world: 17

Name of game character: Will T. Firestorm. "Solar"
Age of Game Character: 19
Powers to start with:
-Basic control of fire. Barely enough to cause a burn.
-Basic control of Dark Energy. Might be able to make a room dark enough to scare a kid.
- Enhanced Stealth
- Stronger control of Dark Energy.
- Stronger fire powers. (Duh)
Weapons: Two knives, a Desert Eagle, and a basic one sided sword.

Brendan strolled down the street whistling one of his more favorite tunes from the Sonic games. The somewhat tall boy (bout 5'10) glanced down at his watch noting the time, he then looked around at how empty the city seemed to be. "Not to many people out here today." He made sure to watch the tops of the doors of each building to make sure he didn't miss this "SRE" place.

He was wearing a black t-shirt and a blue hoodie. As well as plain jeans and some white shoes. He wore pretty basic sunglasses to cover his eyes from the harsh sunlight. He wasn't to used to it. Pale boy, not out to often but still got out a lot more then quite a few of the people he knew.

Upon rounding the corner he spotted the building in the distance. "Yes!" He had been excited about this whole thing since the moment he had signed up. Various thoughts went through his head. Who would he meet? Exactly how would he make his character? Powers or no? "Hngh." He couldn't decide on the answer to most of these questions.

As he got closer to the building he noted the presence of various others heading towards the place. Including a very excited girl and a boy going ridiculously fast on his bike. "Must be other testers. Should be fun." He propped his arms behinds his back and crossed the street to walk the final stretch to the building.

Last edited by SolFox on Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sol
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:13 pm

The streets are surprisingly clear, today. The sun is bright, windows are down, traffic lights are all green, peppy music is playing, and there just doesn't seem to be anything that could possibly go wrong. Jenny presses down on the gas pedal of her parents' little black Jetta, propelling it through an intersection. "I got it in my sight; the colors feel so right! Got my feet off the ground, I'll keep on runnin'~♫"

There's a building that she's looking for, and it should be where her directions are taking her, but there's always a doubt, when it comes to Google Maps. Turn left, straight until 4th street, then turn into the parking lot. There seem to be other kids there, but they could be anyone. Jenny scans the building (and kids) for any sign of the letters "SRE." That's how she'll know where she is.

This'd better be the place, or I'm going to look so dumb…

The parking lot is rather full, despite the sparse traffic on the roads. Somehow she manages to maneuver the car into a parking spot, meticulous, as always, about how straight the car is between the lines. 

When she gets out of the car, she opens the door just enough to where she can struggle out without bumping the next car with her door. She's of average height (about 5'7"); has short, light brown hair; fair skin; and is dressed in the average skinny jeans and converse. However, her black hoodie is the telltale sign that this is exactly where she's meant to be. On the front, in white letters, reads "SRE" with the company logo. As she walks towards the group, feigning composure, using her sunglasses as a shield, she clicks "lock" on her car keys, and the Jetta gives a little "beep!" in response.

"I'm gonna reach for the stars, although they look pretty far~♫" she hums quietly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Lightsune Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:06 pm

"Live and learn!"  Jaye coasted to a stop as he neared the destination.  "Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!"  By now, the words probably carried a significant distance.  As he dismounted the bike as rapidly as he had been riding, he glanced around and finally noticed that the area was slowly becoming more populated.  Quickly he glanced down, suddenly embarrassed for having been singing so loud...although he glanced up after another thought.  The rest of these people were Sonic fans, so they would probably accept it...right?

In any case, he went ahead and parked his bike at the nearest city-provided rack he could find, a short distance away.  Once he'd attached the lock, he returned to the doors, keen hazel-colored eyes scanning the surroundings, looking at the people approaching.  Jaye stood (slightly above-average, about 5'10") near the door for a moment - once his eyes flashed over the lettering on the hoodied girl approaching, he headed inside (his own jacket with the letters flashing back) to a rather white, sterile lobby.

The lone attendant at a window pointed him down the sole hallway, then glancing back to his books.  The teen nodded in thanks and headed down the hallway (seemed like it was decreasing in elevation) until he reached a room only vaguely resembling his expectations.  The walls, floor, and ceiling were still white, but several human-sized tubes were filled with bubbling green liquid.  "...talk about sci-fi..."  After speaking with one of the technicians working in the area for the final preparations, Jaye heard the two most important pieces of information so far: 1) Not to touch of the equipment until directed; and 2) To wait until the other five testers arrived in the lab, at which point they'd get further directions from the head scientist, Dr. Galvez.  In the meantime...

"...this is my escape, I'm running through this world and I'm not lookin' back..."  Quieter this time, he continued with the music.  "...I see it, I see it now, it's always been inside of me, and now I feel so free!~♫"
Aurora Lightsune
Aurora Lightsune
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by XwSapTrapXw Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:40 am

Jeans hat and sweatshirt, walking around town like he thinks he is cool, Steven was walking towards a laboratory for a game he had heard about. Being an average gamer he didn't know much about too many games, he played them but he wasn't very good at them, more of a cartoon watcher than a gamer.

He enters the lab with his giant headphones on, bouncing around listening to some songs from his favorite shows. Walking down the hall, ignoring everything around him, using only his eyes to find his way.

" Fighting crime trying to save the world here they come just in time~" He continues to walk around until he eventually finds the lab with one tester already there. "Sup?" He said removing one speaker of his headphones from his right ear.
XwSapTrapXw
XwSapTrapXw
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:08 pm

Brandon reached the fabled building, he stared up at it and placed his hands on his hips. "Its been a loooooong time comin'. This better be worth the wait" He wanders on in, looking around, being curious, he soon follows the same steps as the one before him, ending up in the room. He looks around, noticing the human sized test tubes and another person.

"Guess this is the place...Kinda...creepy"

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:50 pm

Briar reached the building, and was the only one..."Hm..Do I just go in..?" she said, adjusting the 'SRE' logo'd hoodie that was tied around her waist.

She decided to just walk in, it didn't seem like anyone else was going to show her the way around, "Hello~?" she said, her voice slightly raised
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sol Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:06 pm

Brendan finally walked up to the doors. He had noticed one girl headed towards the building and another that had just gone inside. He smirked and headed inside his black SRE t-shirt finally settling down after having been blown around in the wind.

Once inside he took his sunglasses off and hung them on his pocket. He glanced at the girl inside and tapped her on the back pointing further down the hall. He then started to head down the hall, eventually ending up in the same room that the others had arrived in. "Ah. The other testers?" He glances at the tubes. "Hmm. Figured we'd use VR headsets or something.."

Sol
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:24 am

The hoodie girl, Jenny, pushes open the glass doors and takes off her sunglasses, feeling the burst of AC when she first walks into the lobby. She seems to be the last tester there… The clerk, who just came out of the back room, smiles and points her down the hallway. "The other five testers should be in the room all ready. Don't make them wait too long!" Jenny laughs along with her and heads in the direction she'd pointed.

The girl's well-practiced swagger comes out, now, through the shifting of her center of balance to her hips, engineered to come across as boyish confidence. A cold chill rattles her spine, reminding her of the temperature change. Too cold, for her. She pulls down her sleeves from her elbows to her wrists. When she comes to the testing room (which is fairly obviously different from the rest of the rooms), Jenny enters slowly, nervously tugging at the cuff of her right sleeve. Her paint-spattered shoes pat cautiously on the floor, like the paws of a cat.

"This… is where I'm supposed to be, right? F-for the SRE testing?" Her hand never leaves her right cuff, and she grins, pulling up her shoulders like a protective barrier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Lightsune Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:59 pm

The young man in black was closely staring at the bio tube, watching bubbles rise through the green liquid.  He blinked, trying to make sense of it based on the very little information he'd been provided.  The players would be in the game world to a certain extent, but their human avatars would be resting in the hub while their character selves, connected to the human senses, went into the actual world...something like that?  It wasn't the science fiction process of digitization, or sending something physical from place to place by breaking it down into its data form and reassembling it...although if it wasn't, what was it?

His introspection was startled by the entrance of the second tester, who was also singing up until entering.  He looked semi-average, although not much less overdressed for the weather.  "...eh...not too much, I guess.  How about with you?"  A third tester also entered soon after.  In response to him, "It's like a hospital...a really futuristic hospital...with...tubes full of...I don't even know."  He added weakly, "...but green is good, right?"

Jaye watched as a boy about his age and height, though wearing brighter clothes, was followed by a girl on roller skates.  "Hiya...and I dunno about the VR headsets.  I think it's supposed to be totally immersive..."  He glanced back at the tubes.  "Although I really wouldn't have ever guessed 'liquid' immersive.  Ugh."  He paused for a few moments before continuing.  "Speaking of the lab...did anyone else notice that the hallway went kind of far down?  I think we're pretty deep...no wonder the AC is going full blast..."

And at that point the sixth tester entered, a girl who looked somewhat nervous and somewhat confident but all cold.  "Oh, hi.  Yeah, we seem to be in the right place, though if this is all of us..."  As though on cue, a middle-aged, balding man, notably wearing large glasses and an immaculate white lab coat - very much resembling a stereotypical scientist - approached the group, holding a clipboard.

He glanced at them once, smiling, then looked back to the clipboard.  "Hello, my name is Dr. Robert Galvez, though everyone calls me Doc.  I'll be running the tests today.  Let's see..."  He flipped through some notebook pages and nodded to each tester in order of registration.  "Jaye, Brandon, Jenny, Briar, Steven, and Brendan."  He nodded to a technician and six of the tubes drained of liquid.  "Each of you should log in by one of the tubes to pick a character before we start.  I know that some of you already loaded character designs into our database, and they should appear as your first options when you log in.  For those of you that didn't, we have a list of characters you can play as who would be NPCs otherwise.  As for the world you're going into...well, there's only one right now."

Dr. Galvez paused so they could log in, before continuing the explanation.  "You'll be taken to the hub world, which is in between this world and the game world.  You should find beds there, and it'll be a lot like dreaming, but you'll wake up in the game world as the character.  We'll keep track of your status to prevent any safety concerns."  He put down the papers and looked back at the group.  "If you have any questions, ask them now.  Otherwise, get going and we'll get the test moving."  Jaye, whose questions were all already answered by this long explanation, logged in at the fifth tube in a heartbeat and headed inside when the door opened to acknowledge his valid login.

OOC Flag: [For the 'way TL-DR': Everyone is here, log into the system, pick your character, and get in a tube.]
Aurora Lightsune
Aurora Lightsune
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:04 pm

Brandon steps forward next, quickly enetering his own login in details, he had remained silent this whole time, mostly due to being awkstrucken by this entire event, his quickly moves to the next tube along, his details entered in, he watched the door swing open as a stupidly large smile slid across his face, he stood in awe of what was about to happen, his mind already flourishing with the idea of controlling the very character he spent so long designing, naming, creating and more! Oh the minutes cannot go fast enough!

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Lightsune Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:28 pm

A technician hurried over and held a whispered conversation with Doc.  He nodded, then turned back to the group of testers.  "Need to change one of those details.  No beds.  You'll be headed directly through the portal to the game world."  He flipped through a few of the sheets on his clipboard.  "That's the main change, though.  The game world will match you with the character and change you there when you enter in and back when you leave.  Nothing too different, it's just going to be straight through instead of a dream state."
Aurora Lightsune
Aurora Lightsune
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sol Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:13 pm

Brendan looked around at the other testers. Well I wanted to talk to some of them first...but whatever.. He looks each person over, spending a little extra time on Jenny, before heading towards the 4th tube in the lineup. "Welp. Time to play." He chuckles and hops into the thing. Alright! I spent forever working on Solar. Glad they let me upload him to the database. Can't wait to try him out.

Sol
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:47 pm

Jenny takes the tube farthest to the left (she has to admit, this is really weird, getting into a tube that until recently had been filled with green liquid), and punches in her login ID and password. She laughs in her mind, Ah, Mercutio, this is going to be fantastic! and skips-hops into the tube. Her heart races with anticipation and shivers travel up and down her body.

The other testers seem to be getting on nicely. She leans forward in her casing to look down the line of six. Everyone else looks just as excited as her.

(Side Note:) A better picture of Jenny than my icon:
photos__sorta__by_darwindarcy-d75xb6n.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by XwSapTrapXw Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:55 pm

Steven kind of sat there with his headphones, looking around at his surroundings, he see's people enter a bit of information, so he decides to join them, choosing a random tube, and entering, not taking his headphones off, humming to his song.
XwSapTrapXw
XwSapTrapXw
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:57 pm

The ditzy blonde one goes into a tube and dots in her login details, making a couple of errors, meaning she had to attempt it several times. Her heart racing, "Wish I'd gotten here earlier..Maybe could have got to know these people better.." she thought..But that didn't matter, she was too excited!
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum