Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haunted & Hunted

2 posters

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Go down

Haunted & Hunted - Page 7 Empty Re: Haunted & Hunted

Post by Crimson Skies Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:49 pm

More text appeared. 'Blood will be extracted by the book itself. There is no need for you, the summoner, to provideit  by any other means. Blood provided by other means will also not work.' 

Kit came back just as Lillith had finished her sentence. Her clothes were patched, but she had a distressed look on her face. She avoided her would-be killer and didn't even look at her, choosing to sit as far away from Lillith as possible.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:02 pm

"What?! You're saying I cut myself for nothing? Why didn't you tell me this earlier book! How in the world are you going to take my blood?" Liela really wondered how the book would be able to take her blood. Lillith saw Kit come back. "Oh, Kit you missed it. We were all talking about how our parents suck and the fire mage got slapped hard. It was gold!"Lillith looked at kit confused. "Hey, why aren't you looking at me? You ok?" 

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:12 pm

Kit just sat there, alone. Her eyes were emptier than usual.

Small spikes retracted from the book and then detracted. 'Note : Unexperienced summoners are advised to wait until all contents of a page are revealed.'

"What happened to her?" Maggie asked. "Did you do something to her, Lillith?"
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:26 pm

Liela rolled her eyes at the book. "Now you tell me" "Did I do something to her? I mean nothing much. All I did was tear her apart and almost killed her. Kit's alive so I don't see the problem. Plus she brought it upon herself taking the blame. Everyone knows waking up demons in such a way is suicide. If Liela wasn't my master I would if totally eat her Alive."

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:34 pm

No more text appeared on the book.

"Maybe you could, you know," Maggie told her. "Talk to her or something. She's probably scared of you now."

"I have never seen a weaker construct," the tentacle monster cut. "Leave it be. It deserves to be shunned."
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:51 pm

Lillith smiled. "She's scared of me? GOOD! Demons are meant to be feared. I don't need to waste my time talking to something that clearly doesn't want to talk. Then again... " Lillith went closer to Kit and sat next to her. "What are you going to do? Give me the silent treatment the whole time? Pathetic. I thought you were better than that" Liela looked at the book. (Why isn't anything happening? Did I mess this up?)

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:55 pm

No more information appeared, because all of it was already revealed. All she had to do was to summon the Voidwalker.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

"You hurt me."
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:06 pm

Lillith's smile got bigger showing her sharp teeth. "I have hurt a lot of people. What makes you any different? You're lucky. Most of them never move again." Liela re-read the whole page again. "Umm...void walker? Can you come here already? I already gave you the requirements you needed. Just saying"

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:13 pm

"Read the fine print," the ghost told Liela. "It clearly tells you where to place your hand. It won't work otherwise"

Tap. Tap. Tap.

"I'm sorry. I took the blame because I didn't want Liela to get hurt."
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:18 pm

Liela looked annoyed. "Really?! Man so much work just to summon one person!" Liela put her hand on the book" Hey void Walker, can you come to me please!" Lillith laughed at Kit. "Really, like really really? why in the world would I hurt my master? That's crazy talk!" 

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:26 pm

The book stabbed her fingers and took a sample of her blood.

The Voidwalker appeared... and she was sleeping. While standing upward. At least she was just like in the pictures, book, robes, staff and all.

"My dark arts teacher?" the fire mage muttered. "Of all people, why did you summon her?!" She was a great mage, no doubt, but she was bonkers. Like, really, really, bonkers. Trips to the void do that with you. More brains only means that's more things to ruin. The school, however, believed her sanity played no part in her expertise and hired her anyway.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

"C-can we make up? (a hug or something)"
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:49 pm

"You know her??? Well, that's nice that you both know Each other." Liela started to poke the void Walker. Very lightly to not scare her. "You want to make up? Hmm, I guess it's better to have allies than enemies." Lillith gets very close to Kit and started to nuzzle her. Purring loudly. That was her way of making up

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:26 pm

"Huh?" The voidwalker woke up. "Oh, sorry, didn't see ya there." She sprinkled some magic dust around the room. "That's to ward off the voidlings. Nasty creatures, burrow into your skull and eat your worms." A bug flew past her and not only did she catch it with her book, she also ate it. Various small splotches on the book's pages only served as a reminder that it wasn't her first kill.

"Filthy voidlings,slithering about, think I'm crazy when they can't see them," she mumbled to herself and frantically paced around the room before returning to her original spot. "Not here? Weird. Odd. They're supposed to be everywhere." She then swallowed some pills.

Maggie and the tentacle monster could just stare at her. The fire mage knew her well, so this did not surprise him.

Meanwhile, Kit tried to nuzzle Lillith back, but instead, gave her an accidental kiss and immediately backed away.

Quick taps.

"That was an accident, I swear!"
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:41 pm

"Okay? Umm uh, miss? Do you have a name?" Liela did look surprised but try to look at the positive. "Um, do those bugs taste good?" Lillith looked at Kit in the eyes intently. "I didn't know you felt this way about me. That whole silent testament was just to get me close to you. You're a smart robot. And for that I will give you a kiss back" Lillith went and kissed Kit with a little more passion. "I hope this is sufficient for your desires." Then Lillith looked the amount of insanity the void Walker had. She ran to her. "OH MY GOSH! A real void walker! Can you teach my master In the ways of the dark arts?"

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:02 am

Kit was just left standing there, blushing. 

"Why yes, of course," the voidwalker said. "Will you pay for the class now or later?" Knowledge meant power. Teaching said knowledge also made money. A win-win-win-

Not that she would actually teach them anything useless. There are simply things others are not meant to know, feel, see. Things that should have stayed hidden from the world. Things that cut deeper and deeper into one's sanity until there is none.

Beyond the veil of darkness that was the Void, was everything mortals were not meant to know.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:27 am

"We'll pay for it later. We have our rich friend who will pay you money. Her name is Kia. Maybe you know her maybe you don't." Kia is, in fact, a very wealthy friend that Liela and Lillith have. Kia's been the one who's been paying everything for the two nowadays. She just can't say no. "Lillith I don't think this a good ide-" " Oh come on master! Aren't you tired of just throwing beams? I mean ghost powers are cool but don't you want more." In all honesty, Lillith was more interested in Liela going insane than her actually learning new powers. "Oh please teach something to master now!" Lillith went very close to her, whispering in the void walker's ear. "Maybe something insane inducing."

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:00 pm

"Very well," She swung her staff and hit the floor with a loud thud. A rune appeared in the place of the impact. It dark magic, no doubt, but the runes were off.

The voidwalker than begun reading from her book, using a language only the tentacle monster understood; it was the tongue of his former master and sounded very much like maggots and worms schreeching.

"Stop," the tentacle monster exclaimed. "You don't know what you're doing." The voidwalker, however, did not heed his warning and finished her incantation. The walls cracked and there was an audible rumble.

"What? What did she do?" Maggie asked, but no one answered.

"Take a walk outside."
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:19 pm

"Well go, master. The lesson is for you" "I don't know... the tentacle monster didn't sound alright with this" Lillith waved her hand. "Ah it's fine... just go!" Liela looked hesitant but took a deep breath and headed to the outside of the house.

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:35 pm

The outside was a completely different world. Islands floating in a violet and black void, connected by tentacles and tendrils. Disembodied eyes and creatures reminiscent of squids floated around. A music akin a broken piano and a tortured violin ensemble played in the background.

A hand touched her shoulder. "This is no place for you," the tentacle monster. "Please, for your own sake, turn back." It was only in the void where he could look the way he used to.

"Out with you!" the voidwalker scolded her. "You wanted it and go it. No refunds. Pay up."
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:55 pm

Liela couldn't believe her eyes. It's like she walked out into a whole other dimension. "Sounds like a symphony of chaos here." She turned her head back and saw the tentacle monster had changed form? "Wha? Is it bad here? Well, then I should go back!" Liela tried to go back inside the house but Lillith strongly pushed her outside. "Forgive me master but I wish for you to see the wonders of this world." Then she forcefully closed the door leaving Liela outside. Liela couldn't resist and turned back to look at the twisted landscape.

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:26 pm

The music played in complete harmony and one of the floating eyes looked at her. Then, more of them followed and did the same. Finally, one of the squid creatures approached her. It did not say anything, but its pitch black compound eyes were scanning every bit of her.

"We shouldn't have made her do it." The fire mage quipped. "We're terrible friends."

"I'm going out there," Maggie and the tentacle monster said in unison.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

"I'm with them on this. We can't just abandon her."
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:39 pm

Liela felt a little uncomfortable with eyes watching her. Then this squid monster got close and started to watch her. "Uhh... hi?" Liela waved her hand and started to walk further away from the house. Mostly to find out if the creatures were going to do something else or just follow her. "Oh please can't we wait a little longer until the insanity starts to kick in? Please?" Lillith was sort of blocking the door. "Plus, it's not like the monsters over there are going to make her join them...right?"

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:54 pm

"True suffering is not yet known to you, my child." The words echoed through the broken world and some of them even sounded like someone had whispered it to them. The eyes ripped open, revealing rows upon rows of teeth, whilst the squid creature sprayed puffs of black mist to conceal itself.

A bloodcurling scream was heard and the eyes charged at her.

"Did anyone else hear that?"
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:03 pm

Liela gasped and backed away slowly but stopped. She made her hands go into fists." Y-You don't scare me! I can go intangible. You can't touch me!" Liela tried her best not to sound scared even though she was terrified. "It wasn't Liela's scream so why does it matter. I bet master is kicking butt right now!" Lillith said that in a confident voice.

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:16 pm

"Give a part of yourself away." A mass of tendrils emerged from the ground. It appeared to be made out of several absorbed bodies, repurposed and twisted beyond recognition. To further fuel make the situation more unsettling, the various limbs and discernible figures contained within the being moved. And squirmed and cried.

They all wanted out.

"Give up a part of yourself to me."

Tap. Tap. Tap.

"I still think we should help her. We don't know what's out there. What if she gets hurt?"
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next