Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did YOU find the first forum event?

+3
PersimmonAutumn
ChaoticBou
Spekkal
7 posters

Go down

How did YOU find the first forum event? Empty How did YOU find the first forum event?

Post by Spekkal Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:23 am

Happy Halloween everyone! If you were online throughout this month, you'd know that we had a Halloween event on the forum to try to get people more active in the community. Though, the thing is. it was very... rushed. The planning consisted within a few days before October and not to mention we hadn't done anything like this before, so of course it was a little clustered and chaotic from time to time.

So, what did you think of it? We want to do more events for the future, and we need every bit of feedback we can give! Got any suggestions on how to run it better? What did you like about it? What didn't you like about it? How can we improve so we can get more people involved?

Feedback would be very much appreciated so we can make even more amazing events for the future!
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

How did YOU find the first forum event? Empty Re: How did YOU find the first forum event?

Post by ChaoticBou Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:04 pm

I thought it was amazing. I never really participated in a forum RP, but this time, I tried to go full in. I want to thank you guys for the idea. I think this thing really motivates people on the forum to participate. AND HOLY MOTHER OF CHOCOLATE THERE ARE REWARDS. I was really surprised there was such a big reward for this. Well, I think it's a big reward though. There was just one problem and that is, like you just said, that it was rushed. We didn't finish the RP. But maybe we can continue this RP somewhere else? Or use it for the next event maybe? Anyway, continue the events. PLEASE ;u;
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

How did YOU find the first forum event? Empty Re: How did YOU find the first forum event?

Post by PersimmonAutumn Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:25 pm

You know what, this even really helped me get into the groove of this forum and my own character. QuQ It really helped learn more about her, and I just can't stop posting. Heck, I'm still posting even now! I do agree that things tend to become hectic due to the fact that maybe most of the time, the roleplayers misinterpreted the messages we post to each other and it didn't quite go in the direction it should've? I don't know XD
Also, an idea to get more roleplayers to participate; HUGE AWESOME PRIZES. Maybe not at the end, but you could put in some small gifts for 'best content' or 'best idea' or something, so people have more motivation to do it. And, well, that's about it from me!
PersimmonAutumn
PersimmonAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:44 pm

What I liked about it?

It was very organized, yet very involved. You guys seemed to really know where you wanted this RP to go, yet everyone was still able to have their input. It was controlled, but at the same time it was very free. I want to see how it ends, honestly, hahaha.

What I didn't like?

The pacing. Though the pacing really depended on the other users the most I think? I feel like you guys might've been posting on timed intervals, but you might not have so I'm probably wrong on that. But, there were times when it was going very slow and not very many people posted. I guess there's not much we can do about that. 

Everything was going very fast though, hahaa.

I like the prizes, oh, and the new badge system is awesome!
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyson_the_Comet Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:43 pm

I absolutely loved the event and want to participate in many more. The reward and badge system was new to me, well, to everyone, and I was super hype about it, so that's a plus. I do agree that the event was kinda rushed, but it's a'ight. Suggestions? Planning ahead of time I guess. But otherwise, this was fun. Hope to do this again sometime!
Tyson_the_Comet
Tyson_the_Comet
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:16 pm

I think the badges were fantastic and whatever genius made them should make all future badges for the event. That man should be payed in gold and gold.

I enjoyed what I participated in! Unfortunately my rehearsals and the play I had to be in meant I sorta vanished away from it without oppurtunity to really follow through to the end. Still, excited to see what you do in the future!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:26 am

Spekkal wrote:Happy Halloween everyone! If you were online throughout this month, you'd know that we had a Halloween event on the forum to try to get people more active in the community. Though, the thing is. it was very... rushed. The planning consisted within a few days before October and not to mention we hadn't done anything like this before, so of course it was a little clustered and chaotic from time to time.

So, what did you think of it? We want to do more events for the future, and we need every bit of feedback we can give! Got any suggestions on how to run it better? What did you like about it? What didn't you like about it? How can we improve so we can get more people involved?

Feedback would be very much appreciated so we can make even more amazing events for the future!

For something very rushed, the admins did a REALLY good job on it!  Coming up with a forum wide event in just a few days short of October is impressive so have to say all of you folks that worked on this event outdid yourselves.

I personally like the event, the story was easy to follow, interesting and you gave us enough time to get our post in in a timely manner. I will say maybe making that gap a 2 to 3 days thing to reply might be a little better for those that are busy and might not have enough time to reply.  I know there was once or twice I didn't post because I was busy with life.

My suggestions really would be maybe posting ahead of time that there will be forum wide event?  I think it would help with getting people ready if they feel like joining if they see advertising for an event coming up.  Hell maybe doing an RP thread that kinda leads up to the event?  My other suggestion would be maybe doing some non-holiday event ones?  I did here a few people didn't join because it was a holiday themed event.

Really otherwise I had fun joining in the RP and really got to use one of my characters I don't use enough~
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down