Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FC Fighters. (90 Chapter Fan Fiction)

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

FC Fighters. (90 Chapter Fan Fiction) Empty FC Fighters. (90 Chapter Fan Fiction)

Post by KK-Afterbrun Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:11 pm

Chapter One: A Normal Day.
It was a bright sunny day over Green Hill Zone and Maxus was arguing with his friend Zexal. "I don't know what you're talking about Zexal!" said Mauxs crossly, "When will you stop telling me something that never happened?!" "I am telling you that it indeed happened, Maxus." said Zexal, "Hidden deep within your mind is the memories of what happened two years ago." "So you say." said the hedgehog, "But you don't know either! The Mirror Moon is nothing but a fairy tale!" "Ugh!" grumbled Zexal, "It is not a Fairy Tale! We were there!" Maxus covered his face and said, "I don't want to hear about it!" "All I'm doing is telling you the truth." retorted the seven tailed fox, "It's.." suddenly a cheerful cry interrupted Zexal. "Wheee!!" came a voice. "Slow down!" came another. Zexal and Maxus turned to see Max, Zexal's son, chasing a shadow on the ground. Then Maxus looked up and saw a Flying Squirrel that he reconised. It came down to land next to Zexal. "Hey there!" it said, "Remember me?" Maxus smiled and said, "Ah hello again...Fisker..Thanks for your help in finding my friend." "I'm always glad to help!" smile Fisker childishly with a two finger salut, "By the way, there something big going down by South Island Bridge." "Yeah!" said Max, "There is going to be a big fighting tournament in a few days and they are looking for people to enter it." "Really?!" said Zexal with suspision. "Yes sir!" said Fisker, "We'd try and enter it like everbody else but we're too good at fighting." "I'm guessing that you were rejected Max?" said Zexal flatly. "I told you he'd know!" snarled Max at Fisker. "Max..." said Maxus, "It would help if you didn't just admited it." All Max could do, besides giving a blank expration, was giving himself a face palm. "Anyways I got to fly!" said Fisker, "Later!" With that Fisker took off and Max then said, "Why don't you enter it dad?" "Out of the question!" said Zexal, "The last thing I need is to enter a tournament when There are demons that must be delt with!" "There hasn't been any for a while, Zexal." snorted Maxus flatly, "And besides, we'd be able to take a break from demon hunting for a time." "No!" said Zexal, "I will not stop hunting demons for they will never take a break!" "Suit yourself." snapped Maxus, "I'll join up to this tournament. I need to practice my fighting anyway." "Cool!" said Max, "Go get 'em Maxus!" "You plan on entering this tomfoolery?!" said Zexal with a disapproving tone. "Yes I do!" said Maxus, "I need to clear my head for a bit." "Fine!" said Zexal folding his arms, "But if a demon attacks while you're away..." "You'd tell me so." said Maxus rolling his eyes. "You'd better hurry, Maxus!" said Max, "Who knows how long they be there for." "Right!" said Maxus with a grin, "Later you two!" And with that, Maxus rushed off towards South Island Bridge. When Maxus got there it seemed that no one was around. "Hmm...I must have missed it..." he mumbled. "Um...Excuse me?" came a stuffy voice. Maxus turned to see a small thin man in a plain shirt and dress pants walking towards him. "Are you here to apply for the tournament?" he asked. "Yes I am?" said Maxus, "Am I too late?" "No..." said the man, "You've just made it. Please sign this short form and then we will get to the interveiw." The man handed Maxus a paper and pencil and Maxus quickly read the form before signing it. "Please follow me." said the man, "My boss is waiting."
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

http://kk-afterbrun.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

FC Fighters. (90 Chapter Fan Fiction) Empty Re: FC Fighters. (90 Chapter Fan Fiction)

Post by KK-Afterbrun Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:16 pm

Chapter Two: The Mysterious Madam Mystar.
Maxus followed the man to a small tent, he could here a female voice yelling in a rage, "Get Out!" Maxus saw someone running out of the tent, his expresion was almost white with terror, being chased by a shoe flying in the air. "Please be kind to my boss," said the man, "Even if she isn't the same to you." Maxus entered the tents and saw a travaling desk with a folding chair on one side and and a more formal looking chair on the other. Sitting in the other was a an Grey furred Elk. She was dressed in a long black dress, long white gloves, a large fancy hat, from which her antlers stuck through, and a pair of high heeled shoes. "Who are you?!" shouted the Elk. "I'm here to apply for the tournament..." said Maxus. "Did you fill out the form?!" she demanded. "Yes I have." responded Maxus. "Then Sit Down!" she ordered, "What's your name and occupation?" "I am Maxus Primus." he said as he sat down, "I am a Demon Hunter." The Elk raised an eyebrow. "A Demon Hunter...." she said with suspision, her voice toned down, "Are You Armed?" "It is a necessity in my occupation." said Maxus. "I want to go over the ground rules, first." said the Elk, "Melee Weapons are allowed but they cannot be the main form of attack. Firearms are limited to handguns that will be modified to fire cork shots. Those who beat a certen number of opponents will face one of my two champions. If both have been defeated as well as all other fighters, the he or she who does so is crowned champion. The Prize is a rare artifact that I have found in my travels. There is no cash reward and you will not be payed. What ever I say goes. Is there any questions?" "I have some.." said Maxus, "If I loss one fight but manage to defeat all other opponents..." "You will be granted one chance to rematch that opponent." said the Elk. "What is this relic you spoke of?" asked Maxus. "It is called the Fallen Star Relic." she said, "It is said to grant one wish to whomever holds it for the first time." "My last question is..." said Maxus, "What should I address you by?" The Elk put her hand accross her mouth, "Good heavens, I did not introduce myself." she said, "I am Madam Mystar." "I do not blame you for forgetting so." said Maxus, "I was surprised that your assitant didn't mention it." "That Bumbaling fool!" she cursed. Then she asked Maxus "Why do you wish to enter this tournament?" "I need to work on my skills to be better at hunting demons." said Maxus, "It can be very draining task as well." "So..." started Madam Mystar rubbing here chin, "You are using this tournament to keep your skill up but taking a break from hunting demons? How odd." She stood up and walked around the table to Maxus. "Stand up!" she barked. Maxus hopped to his feet as Madam Mystar looked him over. "Maxus was it...." she said with a slight tone of distaste, then she started to smile, "Congradulations, You have made it into the compatition. Boris! We have a new fighter!" Maxus turned to see the small man from before. "Take Maxus to the Combat Tester!" she ordered, then turning to Maxus added, "This will be the final test. If you fail to win, you will not partake in the tournament." "Please sir," said Boris, "Follow me." Maxus followed Boris to a white car with blacked out windows. "Um...What is the Combat Tester?" asked Maxus. "You will find out soon enough." said Boris opening the car door, "If you may sir." Maxus entered the car and, when the door closed, it sped off across the bridge.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

FC Fighters. (90 Chapter Fan Fiction) Empty Re: FC Fighters. (90 Chapter Fan Fiction)

Post by KK-Afterbrun Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:20 pm

Chapter Three: Destination Unknown.
As the car sped down the road, Maxus sitting in the back seat looked about. The windows were tinted so dark that one could not see outside, and black screen divided the back from the front. This was making Maxus a bit uneasy. A small speaker rested in the middle of the screen with a white button below. Maxus thought to himself, 'I hope that I didn't do something stupid.' Maxus pushed the botten and the voice of Boris came on. "Yes?" he asked. "Um...Can I have a drink?"  asked Maxus. "If you look under the arm rest to your left you will find a bottle of water." replied Boris. Sure enough, under the arm rest was a small fridge with a bottle of water inside. "By any chance where are we going?" asked Maxus. "We are headed to one of My boss's private reteats." he anwsered, "It is a long trip but do not worry, I am familiar with the route." "How..." started Maxus. "She has four, sir." interupted Boris, "She doesn't like people to know where they are. Do not mind, sir, you are not the first to ask." "How long will it take to get to the destination?" asked Maxus. "From now it would take..." said Boris, "Two hours...That is if we do not encounter traffic." "O.k. then." said Maxus. "Be mindfull, sir" added Boris, "Please do not spill water in there, Madam Mystar will be very upset." Maxus started to drink the water as the car hit a pothole. Maxus managed not to spill any of the water as Boris called in, "My appologies, sir. The road is a tad ruff in these parts." As the time passed, Maxus, started to nod off, when the car suddenly stopped. Maxus was jerked to attention as the door swong open. "My appologise sir." said Boris, "We have arrived." Maxus stepped out of the car to see that he stood outside a large white walled manor house surrounded by high cliffs. The Manor looked as though it was built into the cliffs. Maxus stood there awestrucked at his surroundings. "Ahem!" coughed Boris, "Shall we proceed inside, sir?" Maxus snapped to attention and Boris said "Follow me, sir." Maxus followed Boris into the Manor and was dazed by all the artifacts and spectacular beauty that adorned the walls. "Be mindfull, sir" said Boris, "The floors have just..." But before he could finish, Maxus slipped and fell on his back. "Let me guess...." Maxus groaned, "The floor was just polished." Boris took a moment to help Maxus to his feet and they contiued down the corridor. Suddenly Boris himself slipped and Maxus quickly chaught him. "Thank you, sir." he said "This way." Boris lead Maxus to a rather plain looking door and opened it. Beyond it was a dark Cavernous passage that was a stark contrase to the corridor. Boris took a torch off the wall and repeated, "This way, sir." The passage seemed to go on forever as Maxus began to wonder if this was a trap. "Why does Madam Mystar have such a beautiful retreat with a passage like this?" asked Maxus. "I cannot tell, for I do not know why myself, sir." said Boris, "All I know is that this passage leads to the Combat Tester." Soon they arrived at a steel door. The passage continued passed it but this is where Boris stopped. "Please wait inside, sir." he said as he opened the door. "What's down the rest of the passage?" asked Maxus. "I cannot tell you, sir" said Boris, "It is what my boss orders." When Maxus entered the room, the door was closed, but there was no light inside. "Please sir," echoed Boris's voice, "Shield your eyes for a moment." Before Maxus did so, lights suddenly opened up and Maxus became dazed for a moment from the brightness of the room. As he looked around himself, Maxus could see the nothing but a room with steel walls and a small viewing port above him. "This is the Combat Tester!" came a recording of Madam Mystar's voice, "Here you'll will be put to a fight with a holographic image of yourself. The enviroment that the combat will take place is one that you will feel is normal for you, but is a holographic image as well. Bewarned however, The image you fight is set to fight like a real life opponent. It can and Will attack and hurt you. You can also do the same to it. The only difference is that it will not tire and it has no emotion at all. It will not speak and will not stop until it falls. Good luck." Maxus watched as his surrounding started to change and the familiar grasses of Green Hill Zone appired before him. Then a mirror image of him mattiralised before him, drawing it's sword.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:23 pm

Chapter Four: The Test.
The image lunged forward and Maxus dove to the side to avoid the blade. 'Woah!' he thought as he dodged another attack, 'She wasn't kidding.' As the image charged at him once more, Maxus ran towards it, slid under it and tossed a black flame under it. But before it could explode, the image jumped out of the way. Maxus cursed his luck as he tossed another on to the image. The image managed to toss it back at Maxus before it exploded. Maxus got out of the way of the blast as the image started to fire cork shots at him. 'Time to do things different.' thought Maxus as he tackled the image. Maxus managed to make the image lose it's gun and started to pound it into the ground. The image manage to toss Maxus off and it once again drew it's sword. Maxus waited as the image lunged towards him, then, at the last moment, slashed it with his sword. The image stumbled back as if it were alive as Maxus got to his feet. The image rushed towards him again but Maxus just punched it in the face causing it to drop it's sword. Maxus quickly put his sword away and lunged at the image. The image suddenly hit back with a high kick and tossed a black flame of it's own. Maxus, thinking quickly, kicked it back at the image. The image, unable to dodge, was hit by the explosion and landed hard on the ground before it disapired. Maxus's surroundings suddenly went back to the steel walls from before. "Well done." came the voice of Madam Mystar. She entered the room and said, "You have quite a few tricks up your sleave, Maxus...But may I ask why you did not use your gun?" "You told me before that all handguns would be modified to fire cork shots." said Maxus, "That has yet to be done on mine." Madam Mystar shook her head in disapointment. "I did indeed say that," she started, "But you had not passed the test yet, so there was no point in doing so." Maxus mumbled under his breath, 'drat.' "What was that?!" said Madam Mystar sharply. "Nothing of importance." said Maxus. Then Madam Mystar smiled. "Boris!" she shouted, as he entered the room, "Give him the results!" "Yes Mam." said Boris drealy, "Congardulations sir. You have passed the test. Please follow me to the firing range to find a handgun that will suit you." "I'll be keeping an eye on you." said Madam Mystar, "You might be good enough to win this tournament...But then again I did say that to the others as well. I have other buissness to attend to. Farewell, Maxus Primus." Maxus watched as she left the room and Boris then said, "Follow me sir." Maxus followed Boris out of the Combat Tester and down the passage to a small gun range. A small asortment of ten handguns lay on a table by the door and five tragets were set up at the end of the range. "Holy....She has this place set up!" said Maxus dumbfounded. "Madam Mystar has her ways..." said Boris, "Dispite the fact that she wouldn't use these normaly. Please take your pick sir." Maxus looked at the guns on the table and picked out one that looked like his. Maxus aimed at one of the targets and fired five shots but the gun didn't feel right. Boris, sitting at a computer, then said "It seems that gun doesn't suit you at all, sir. You missed all five shots." Maxus tried three more guns with the same results. Now mad, Maxus took one with a wooden grip and a brass barrel and fire five more shots. ".....Um..." stuttered Boris, "Ether you missed with most of your shots, or...you've mangae to hit the same spot five times..." Boris got up and picked up a magnet from the desk near the computer. He rushed down to the target with Maxus in pursuit and Boris ran the magnet over the hole in the target. Five low clangs were heard and when Boris removed the magnet, it had five bullets on it. "It..seems that this one is most suited to you sir...." said Boris nervously. "Then it will be this one I'll use." said Maxus. "I shall return you to Green Hill Zone and notify you when the tournament starts." said Boris, "I will then bring you the gun you've chosen and tell you where to go for you fight. However you must get there on your own..." "Let me guess," said Maxus with his arms folded, "That's what Madam Mystar ordered." "You are correct, sir." said Boris "This way please."
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:27 pm

Chapter Five: The Road Begins.
Two day had passed since Maxus entered the tournament without word. "How long will this take.." he mumbled. "Getting impatint, Maxus?" said Zexal with a smile as he walked towards him. "Just a little." admitted Maxus with a snort. "Well then, shouldn't you do something to keep occupied?" said Zexal with a chuckle. "I am..." said Maxus, "I'm waiting!" "Groun!" cursed Zexal hidding his face with his hand, "That's not what I..." "Rush Delivery for a Maxus Primus!" interupted a voice. Maxus and Zexal turned to see a mail carrier approch them. "Is one of you Maxus Primus?" he asked. "I'm Maxus." said the hedgehog as he got to his feet. "Package and letter for you, sir." said the mail carrier. Maxus took the package and letter and the mail carrier rushed off. "What's this?" asked Zexal as Maxus opened the letter. "It's from Madam Mystar, the tournament organizer." replied Maxus, "It reads 'Maxus. Your first opponent is waiting for you in the ruins of Scrap Brain Zone on South Island. His name is Giro Luror. Inside the box is your Modified Cork Gun. You can only use this gun until the tournament is completed. If you use any other firearm before, durring or after you've reached your destination, you will be disqualifid from the tournament. The fight itself will take place tomorrow at Noon. Don't Be Late! Madam Mystar.'" "Simple, Blunt, and to the point." said Zexal, as Maxus opened the box and pulled out the brass barreled gun. "I should get going..." said Maxus. "Getting there wouldn't take you long..." said Zexal, "Are you going to scope out the opponent?" "Maybe." replied Maxus, "But you forgot to take into account that the fastest way there is through Jungle Zone." "Ah yes..." chuckled Zexal, "Fisker....And his...Many Shortcuts..." "To him, it's the longest distance between two points." said Maxus. "Then you better get going." said Zexal. "Right...See ya!" said Maxus as he headed for Jungle Zone. It was mid-afternoon when Maxus got to the edge of Jungle Zone when he saw Fisker hanging on a branch. "Heya there!" he said childishly, "You passin' through?" "Yes, Fisker." said Maxus, "I need to get to the metal ruin before nightfall." "Why?" asked Fisker confusingly. "You know that tournament you and Max mentioned?" said Maxus. "Oh you got in!" said Fisker, "I got a good Short cut for you!" "I know your shortcuts, Fisker...." said Maxus with distaste. "No this one is quick." said Fisker, "When you get to the big waterfall, behind it is a maze of tunnels that lead up to the top in no time. Come I'll show you!" Fisker hopped down, Grabbed Maxus and pulled him to the waterfall he spoke of. "Fisker!" cursed Maxus, "This leads to Labyrinth Zone! I'm trying to get to Scrape Brain Ruins!" "I know." said Fisker cheerfully, "It's faster to go through here then to climb up the walls or go through the bouncy valley. Just follow me!" Fisker rushed into Labyrinth Zone and Maxus gave a heavy sigh before following him in. Fisker charged down hallways shooting "This way!" as Maxus tried to keep up. Then Fisker stoped at a pool of water. "The fastest way is here!" he chimed, "On the otherside of this underwater passage." Maxus looked at the pool and asked "How long is this passage?" About two miles..." said Fisker. "Two miles!?!?" shouted Maxus, "I can't swim that or even hold my breath for that long!" "No worry." said Fisker, "I can get you to the other side in Three minites flat. Hold on to my Tail and we'll go." Maxus was had his doughts. 'Two miles in three minites? Is he crazy?' he thought. "Are you going or what?" said Fisker. "...Alright..." said Maxus with a sigh, "Let's get this over with." Maxus grabbed Fisker's tail and took a deep breath. "Here we go!" cried Fisker as he and Maxus jumped in. Fisker swam through the winding passage at breakneck speeds and Maxus, holding on for dear life, was starting to feel wozzie. Suddenly the pair popped outside and landed on a ledge above the waterfall. Maxus started to breath again and Fisker said "There, that wasn't so bad! The Metal Ruins are just there. I'm going home now, good luck!" And with that Fisker jumped off the cliff and glided back to Jungle Zone below. Maxus got up and looked to see Scrap Brain Ruins close by. He thought to himself, 'Next time, I'll take the longer route...'
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:15 pm

Chapter Six: Robots In The Ruins.
Maxus picked himself up and walked into the ruins. Broken saw blade, tangled wires, and crumpled metal littered the grounds as Maxus proceeded with caution. These ruins might be abondoned, but it was still a very dangerous place. 'Why would this Giro wish to fight here?' he thought. As he wandered the ruins, some shadows raced passed across the walls behind him. Maxus suddenly had the feeling that he was being followed and turned quickly. Though he saw nothing, Maxus knew something wasn't right. Though his sences told him that he was alone, something kept nagging him that he wasn't. As night closed in, Maxus found a small spot and set up a small camp for the night. Maxus layed his head down and drifted to sleep, as ten pairs of evil eyes looked down at him from above in discust. "What should we do with him?" asked a voice. "He'ssss Tresspassssing!" came another. "Shhh!" came a thrid, "You might wake him." "We need to get rid of him!" wishpered another. "Ki! All of you be quiet!" said another, "We will wait for an hour and then we attack at once! We have to prove that we still have some use to Dr. Eggman!" Suddenly a clang of metal falling onto metal echoed around them and Maxus woke up. "Who's there?!" he called out with some anger. It was then he spotted the eyes looking at him, a group of Badniks. Their leader was a monkey with a broken lightbulb on it's head. "KI!! We're Spotted!" it said, "Motobugs! Catter Killers! Pengunators! ATTACK!" A trio of Motobug charge towards Maxus. Maxus quickly dodged them and drew his sword. "Badniks?!" he called as three Catter Killers lunged towards him. Maxus sliced them apart but got hit by the trio of Pengunators riding one on top of another. Maxus quickly picked himself up as the three Motobugs charged at him again from different directions. He jumped over one as the three collided and exploaded. "Six down, four to go!" Mumbled Maxus as he spotted the Pengunators coming in formation. As the approached at high speed, a wall suddenly crushed them as a Large Robot appired. "EAP!" cried the Monkey robot, who quickly felled the scene. Maxus looked down on this large, round robot and prepaired for an attack. The robot looked at him and a voice said "Are you Maxus Primus?" Maxus was confused for a moment, How did this machine know his name and why did it sound like if it wasn't robotic. "Yes that's me?" he replied, "Who are you?" "My creator wished for me to locate you and bring you to the meeting place." said the robot, "My designation is G-5275, but my creator refures to me as Big G." "Who is your Creator?" demanded Maxus. "He is Giro Luror." said the robot, "Your opponent for the fighting tournament." "Give me one good reason why I should believe you?" asked Maxus. "If you do not wish to come to the meeting place then I will tell you where you'll find my creator. Head for the building at the highest point of these ruins. He will be expecting you." And with that the robot walked away. Maxus thought to himself, 'I should follow that robot, but I need my sleep. However if that monkey robot tries again....Ugh. I'll never get to sleep if I keep thinking like this.' Maxus once again fell asleep. The next morning Maxus walked towards the large crumbling building at the center of the ruins. The robot from last night was no where to be seen. 'Hmm...' though Maxus, 'That robot said that this was the meeting place..But I don't see it or this Giro guy..' Maxus entered the building with caution and found a massive computer. "Hello?" he called out, "Is there anyone here?" Suddenly a familiar voice came on. "I see you've arrived!" Maxus turned to see a computer screen was on and the image of a red furred hedgehog was on the screen. "You are Maxus Primus I'm guessing." said the hedgehog. "And You Are?" said Maxus with a tone of anger. "I am Cyrus Luror," said the hedgehog, "But most call me Giro." "You are Giro..." said Maxus with some disapointment, "I came here to fight a computer?...." "Hahaha! No, no, no." luaghed Giro, "I am a real person like yourself, All be it with a much high intelect." "Then if you are real then..." snarled Maxus, "Show yourself and lets get this fight started!" "What a temper.." said Giro shaking his head, "Very well...The fight will start when you get here." "Say What?!" shouted Maxus. Suddenly a beam shot out of the computer and hit Maxus. There was a flash and then he was gone.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:18 pm

Chapter Seven: Testing The Technomancer.
Maxus was dazed by what had just happened and looked around to try and get his barrings. Green zeros and ones darted around him in random chains and some even passed through him. The background was Black wherever the numbers weren't. "Huh?" he mumbled as he picked himself off the floor, "Where am I?" "You are in the Sub-Space Mainframe. Home to Programs, Glitchs, Computer Viruses and the Information Superhighway." said a voice with a cocky tone. Maxus looked towards the voice and there was Giro standing in fornt of him, but he wasn't alone. The round robot from the night before was there as well as a smaller version of it were standing on ether side of Giro. Giro himself didn't look too old, maybe around his early twenties and about average build but his voice sounded quite a bit older. "All the worlds information travels through here at breakneck speeds." continued Giro "The numbers that you see moving around you is information, conversations between people, files, images, and programs that make the world go round. Every sound ever recorded, everything filmed, every design made, modified, and scrapped, rests here. This trancends the world and the universe itself. I brought you in here using my vast knonlage and technical skills for our battle." Maxus Growled, "So is the fight is with those robots or you?!" "Hehehe, Me of course." laughed Giro, "Why would I enter Big-G and Mini-G when they can't even speak?" "Huh?!" said Maxus with some shock, "But..." "I'm not like most people." interupted Giro, "I am what is called a Technomancer, Or someone who can control machinery and robot with their own will to the under educated. It had been my voice that you heard when Big-G found you fighting those Badniks. But, compaired to me, you are nothing but a primitive savage." "O.K. Pointdexter, then explain how a Labrat like you will beat a Season Demon Hunter like me in a fight?" sneered Maxus with some annoyance, "Because even a geinus makes mistake in their calculations. Mostly because of their egos." "Hump!" snorted Giro flatly, "Your insulting flattery is weak at best. But you have never seen power like this.." "I've seen what power can do to most." interupted Maxus with a snort, "I've seen lesser men with more power then you could ever understand and greater men fall because of it! Just because a person has the power to do something, Doesn't mean they can truely understand it or even use it without hurting themselves or other they care about." "Have you finished with your dribble yet?" snorted Giro in boardom. "If a child like you thinks you can beat me in combat, You have a lot more to learn then some Techno-Grovel Mumble Jumble." sneered Maxus, "And unless you are into a world domination thing that fails more often then not, you have no hope agaist me!" "Scilence!" shouted Giro with anger, rasing his fist in the air, "G-Bots To Me!" The glove on his rised fist started to glow and the two robots started to distort and disassemble. The larger robot's parts clamped onto Giro's body and forms some sort of armor while the smaller one became a sword with a gun handle. Giro's armor sprouted energy wings and, as he lowered his goggles, said, "Let's get started!"
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:22 pm

Chapter Eight: Vs. Giro.
Giro dashed towards Maxus before he could draw his sword. Maxus dove to the side as Giro bolted by and quickly drew his gun and started firing at Giro. The cork shots bounced off the armor and did nothing at all. "Hmph! Was that it?!" snorted Giro as he pointed his sword towards Maxus, "My turn!" Suddenly, Giro's sword turned into a gattling gun and he started to fire hundreds of corks toward Maxus. Maxus dodge the incoming fire as best as he could. Giro suddenly jumped into the air dashed downwards towards Maxus. Maxus quickly drew his sword and sidestepped Giro as he came down. Giro's gattling gun's shots started to hit Giro from behind and Maxus did his best to keep Giro between him and the shots. Giro made the gun disappire and while he was distracted, Maxus lunged towards him with a slashing strike. Maxus's sword carved a deep scratch into Giro's armor as he went by. "GRRR!" cursed Giro as he swong his sword around. However Maxus blocked it and hit Giro with a heel kick. "HMP! Not Bad!" spat Giro, "Try this!" Suddenly Giro vanished before Maxus's eye, then rammed him from behind. 'What a dirty little trick.' thought Maxus as got up. "You can't hit what you can't see." tuanted Giro as he rammed Maxus again. Maxus Got back up to his feet and closed his eyes for a moment. As Giro attacked again, Maxus suddenly turned and slashed him with his sword. Giro suddenly became visable again and he cried "What?!? How can.." Maxus didn't give Giro a moment to collect his thoughts as he tried a vertical slash. Giro used his sword to hold Maxus's sword above him and managed to put it to the side. Suddenly two arms grew out of Giro's armor and grabbed Maxus's legs. "Time for a ride!" cursed Giro and he took to the air with Maxus at his mercy. As Maxus dangled below him Giro swooped down towards the ground with the intent to drive him into the ground. Maxus focused his strength and, at the last moment,  flipped himself upright, slamming Giro into the ground hard. Giro 's Armor suddenly broke apart as he bounced and slide accross the ground. His two robot's reformed themselves but fell over from the lack of energy. As Maxus dusted himself off, Giro struggled to his feet and cursed with a much younger voice, "You cheated!" The voice difference caught Maxus's attention. "How old are you Giro?" he demanded. "What are you..." started Giro, but then realised that his voice had changed, "No! You broke my voice changer!" "Not only did I break it..." said Maxus with a smerk, "I sent you and your two robot packing! You loss, Pointdexter!" "This fight isn't over yet!" cursed Giro as he charged at Maxus. Maxus turned fast and hit Giro with a roundhouse kick. Giro flew back a foot and landed on his back out cold. Then there was a quick flash and Maxus found himself standing in Scrap Brain Ruins with Giro and his robots on the ground in front of him. "Well, I see you've made quick work of your opponent." came a voice behind Maxus. He turned to see Madam Mystar walking towards him with two men in white. The two men picked up Giro and put him onto a streacher and carried him off. "Congaullations, Maxus." she said, "On you're first victory." "When I got your message to come here, I wasn't sure what to expect." said Maxus, "He was...Different to say the least." "He is but only the first." said Madam Mystar, "Make sure you go a little easier on the next one." "And where is he?" asked Maxus. "She'll be waiting in the slums around Westopolis." she snorted, "And I don't want you to hurt any of the bystanders!"
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:26 pm

Chapter Nine: Next Stop: Westopolis.
"Westopolis, huh." said Mauxs, "And how long do I have to get there?" "You have three days." said Madam Mystar as she was walking away, "You should have plenty of time to get there." Maxus watched Madam Mystar leave then exited Scrap Brain Ruins on the Star Light Zone side. 'Well time to get to Westopolis.' he thought to himself. "Maxus!" came a Zexal's voice. Maxus turned to see Zexal and Max coming towards him. "Did you make your fight in time?" asked Zexal. "With plenty of time." replied Maxus. "So Fisker's shortcut was short for a change." said Zexal. "For a change." answered Maxus, "But what are you two doing here?" "I wanted to watch your fight!" chanted Max. "I only came to keep an eye on him." said Zexal with his arms folded. "Sorry Max, but you missed the fight." laughed Maxus. "Darn!" cursed Max. "Was your opponent difficult?" asked Zexal. "He was..." said Maxus, chosing his word carefully, "Different to say the least. Mind you I was attacked last night." "Demons?" asked Zexal. "No, Badniks." said Maxus, "They must have been leftovers. They looked patched together." "Hmph..." mumbled Zexal. "Where's your next fight?" asked Max. "I'm off to Westopolis." said Maxus, "It seems that the fight will be in a very public place. I was told not to hurt any bystanrders and my opponent is female." "Then you should get going!" said Max. "Hold, Maxus." said Zexal, "Who was this Giro that you faced?" "He called himself a Technomancer or something of the like." said Maxus, "He thought that his smarts could beat me. But it was obvious that his Ego made him lose." "A Technomancer...How odd..." mumbled Zexal. "Anyways." said Maxus, "I got to go. See you two later!" "Bye Maxus!" called Max as he and Zexal went back to Green Hill Zone. Maxus traveled down Star Light Zone's main road to Spring Yard Zone with nothing out of the ordinary. 'I still can't help it...' he thought, That robot monkey seemed familiar and yet I've no memory of where or even who it is...' Unbenoce to Maxus, he was being watched by robotic eyes. As it watched Maxus go deeper into Spring Yard Zone, the robot monkey looked at him with hatered. "You slipped away this time Maxus...I may have not been able to catch Sonic the Hedgehog...But I will get you..." it cursed in a low tone, "And when I do, I will return to my master's side!" "Don't you mean us?" cursed two more voices behind the monkey. "KI!" chimed the monkey nervously, "I thought you two were elsewhere!" "Hmph!" clicked one of the others, "You go for him next, Slicer! We can't wait for monkey boy here to do it!" "That will be no problem, ssssShellcracker." replied Slicer, "But then again, we do have Coconutsssss here to thank for getting ussss up and running." "If something goes wrong fall back quickly." said Coconuts. "Are you giving orders?!" snapped Shellcracker. "Nnnnnooo!" cried Coconuts, sparks jumping out of his broken lightbulb, "It was just a suggestion." Meanwhile, Maxus was getting to the edge of Spring Yard Zone near Bridge Zone. 'Soon I'll be at the South Island Bridge and in Station Square before nightfall.' he thought, 'What could possibly go wrong?' As he approched South Island Bridge, Maxus saw a sign that said, 'Bridge Closed due to recent robot attacks. Please take fairey service in Star Light Zone.' "You have got to be kindding?!" cursed Maxus in disbelief and turned back for Star Light Zone.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:29 pm

Chapter Ten: Something Amiss.
'Why didn't Zexal mention the bridge being closed?' though Maxus as he walked through Spring Yard Zone, 'It's not like him to forget something like that...' Suddenly a shadow lomed over his head and a robotic voice ordered, "SSSSStop! Don't move, Hedgehog!" Maxus looked up to see a Green Mantis flying above him with five blue ones in formation. "Badniks!" cursed Maxus with surprise. "Rangerssssss!" called Slicer, "Charge!" The six Badniks dove towards Maxus as he dove out of their way. "Rangersssssss!" came Slicer again, "Attack Formation!" The five blue Manti stood in a line and tossed their claws towards Maxus. Maxus drew his sword and knocked them back at them. However the badnik's programs kicked in sending them back at Maxus in a controled arc. Maxus jumped back and noticed that the claws arced back towards the badniks. Slicer suddenly got behind Maxus and fire its claws at him. Maxus, barely was able to ducked under them and they carved into two of the Ranger badniks. Their claws smashed into two of the others, leaving one Ranger and Slicer. "Is this all you got?!" cursed Maxus as he turn towards Slicer. The remaining Ranger charged forward as Maxus tossed a Black Fire at it. When it exploded, Slicer yelled "Fall Back!" Slicer took to the air before Maxus could get close with his sword. Maxus pulled out his cork gun and fired at Slicer while it was still in range. One of his shots hit Slicer in a spot that shut down it's flying capabilities and it plumited down a nearby cliff. 'What was all that about?' thought Maxus as he continued to Star Light Zone. Meanwhile Coconuts and Shellcracker stumbled across Slicer. "You failed?!" cursed Shellcracker. "SSssssorry, Ssssshellcracker.." said Slicer, twitching from the damage. "I told you he's not like Sonic!" said Coconuts, "Thats why I suggested to fall back if things started to look bad."  "You fail to menssssion that the hedgehog had a firearm..." clicked Slicer. "Looks like I'll have to do it!" cursed Shellcracker, "At least he fell for the Closed Bridge Sign." "Then we should hurry to Star Light Zone!" said Coconuts, "I'll get Slicer and...." "Quite you!" cursed Shellcracker, "Leave Slicer here! Let 'em rust away with it's failure! Move out!" As Shellcracker Walked away, Coconuts, chasing after it, thought to itself, 'Who made 'em boss? I have no confadence that Shellcracker and it's gang of Crabmeats will do any better then the others...But at least I won't have any compation left.' Meanwhile, Maxus had just gotten to Star Light Zone and saw the sun was starting to set. 'Ugh...Now to find that Fairey service...' he thought. Maxus rushed towards the local port and asked when the next fairey would be. The man at the port said, "It should be leaving here in about an hour, as long as the storm doesn't push in too soon. Otherwise it won't leave till tommorrow afternoon." "Tommorrow Afternoon!?!" jumped Maxus. "That's the size of the storm that could hit us." replied the man, "But you'd better get to the ship soon, in case it goes tonight. It's the last dock on the left." "Thank you sir." said Maxus and he ran off to the ship. It was still loading cargo when he got there and he quickly got aboard. Half and hour passed before Maxus heard that the ship would be leaving in a few minites and he was relived at the news.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:11 pm

Chapter Eleven: Setting Sail.
As the ship set sail for Station Square, Maxus walked along the deck an noticed that there weren't many people aboard. 'Why are there so few people on the fairey?' he thought to himself, 'With the bridge closed, shoudn't there be more people here?' "Excuse men sir?" said one of the crewmen, "I'd recamend that you head to one of the cabins. The sea will be getting rough soon." "Why are there so few people on the fairey?" asked Maxus. "Since they open the bridge ten years back, not many people us it anymore." said the crewman. "But I thought there be more people now.." said Maxus, "The bridge was closed because of robot attacks." "Huh?!" said the crewman with suspision, "That can't be. We would have been notifidy and sent to pick up passangers at the docks at Bridge Zone to re-route them." What?!" jumped Maxus. "I reckon that someone has you over a barrel." said the crewman, "That bridge hasn't closed since the day it opened. But where you headed anyway?" "I was planing to go to Station Square then take the train to Westopolis." said Maxus. "Well I got news for you mate." said the crewman with a smile, "You are the only passanger tonight and the ship has been told to pick up a so called relic hunter and bring him to Aurua Icefelds and since the port of Drakston is closer to Westopolis, I'll tell the Captain that we'll bring you there instead before we get that relic hunter. How's that sound." Maxus smiled and said "Thank you sir. I'll go find my cabin now." Maxus made his way into his cabin. There wasn't much to look at and no window to look out at but at least he didn't need to worry about his trip anymore. As he layed down for the night, Maxus thought to himself, 'That's why Zexal didn't mention it. But who could have put that sign there...Those robots or someone who doesn't want me to win this tournament? How am I going to figure this out...' The ship suddenly stopped moving and Maxus could hear people shouting. Maxus burst out of his room and saw eight Robotic Crabs attacking the crewmen. One he quickly noticed had an oversized right claw and it was calling out orders. "Sink this Ship!" ordered Shellcracker, "Find that Hedgehog!" Maxus was getting quite mad. 'First that monkey, then those mantises, now crabs?!' he thought drawing his sword. Suddenly one of the Crabmeats spotted Maxus and called "Target is over here!" Maxus quickly slashed the robot in half as the other six Crabmeats clicked towards him. He just as quickly delt with these robots, leaving just Shellcracker left. "What do you want?!" demanded Maxus. "You stole something from Dr. Eggman!" cursed Shellcracker, "We wanted it back Now!" "Me thinks you got the wrong hedgehog!" spat Maxus. "You are Maxus Primus, are you not?!" retorted Shellcracker, getting ready to launch it massive claw. "I suspect the one you're looking for has long since gone!" called Maxus with anger. Maxus charged towards Shellcracker, but the robot fired it massive claw into Maxus and called out, "You'll live for now, but I'll be back and I WILL get That fancy Relic thingy!" And with that Shellcracker clambured overboard, leaving the wreakage of Crabmeats on the ship. "Oph..." grouned Maxus as a crewman helped him up. "Thanks for getting ride of those things." he said, "I'll help you back to your cabin." Maxus could feel his ribs broken, but he knew that someone was trying to stop him from winning the tournament.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:15 pm

Chapter Twelve: Keep On Truckin'.
With his ribs still hurting from the previous night, Maxus got up and walked on the ship's deck. The spring sea air was cool but not unbearable. Maxus could see the coastline coming closer and he heard the call that they were landing shortly. Maxus watched as the ship entered Port Drakston and dropped anchor. As he disembarked, a crewman came to him and said, "Westopolis is just forty miles from here. Good luck and take care!" Thank you." said Maxus. Maxus walked through the port town and started to ask people if anyone was headed there with no luck. He then noticed a truck stop and went inside for a least a meal. There didn't seem to be anyone here but the guy behind the counter. Maxus asked for a small meal and was sitting down to eat when a trucker cat came in. The cat looked to be dressed like a hardened trucker, but seemed to look younger then him. "Look Mak!" he cursed at the person behind the counter, "I need a quick lunch to go! I've got a shipment to Westopolis due in yesterday!" Maxus nearly choaked when he heard the cat say that, but the person behind the counter said flatly, "You say that everytime you're here, Goro! I am not rushing for you! Just sit and wait for your food to be ready!" Maxus watched as Goro sat on the stool next to him and quickly finished his meal. Maxus turned to the trucker and said "You say your heading for Westopolis?" "Yeah!" snapped Goro, "What about it?!" "I was looking for a lift to get there." said Maxus, "Is it a problem?" "Why do you want to head there?" demanded Goro. "Haven't you heard about Madam Mystar's fighting tournament?" said Maxus. "Say What?!" shouted Goro, who nearly fell off his stool. Maxus grabed him to make sure he didn't fall off and said, "What's wrong?" Goro started to laugh. "What are the chance!!!" he chimed. "What wrong?" said Maxus getting annoyed. "Sorry." said Goro, whipping a tear from his eye, "I thought you said you were taking part in in the fighting tournament." "I am" said Maxus crossly. "Really." smiled Goro, "Then I'll be glad to give you a lift, my future opponent." "Huh?" said Maxus, "You are in the tournament too?!" "Yes I am!" said Goro, outstreaching is hand, "Name's Goro Minae. I dought that you'll be my next fight anyway." "I'm Maxus Primus," replied the hedgehog shaking the cat's hand, "And I know you couldn't be my next opponent. I'm fighting HER in Westopolis." "I see.." smiled Goro, then turned to the person behind the counter and shouted, "Are You Done Back There?!" "Loosen that hat of your's Goro!" snapped the person behind the counter, "It'll be done soon." Maxus couldn't help but give a chuckle. Goro gave a dark stare towards Maxus and said "What's Funny?!" Maxus quickly stopped and shook his head. "Alright Goro, here ya go!" came the person from behind the counter. Goro collected his meal and payed the guy and said to Maxus "My truck's over here." maxus exited the truckstop and saw an old light blue truck with flames painted on the sides over the front wheels. The truck looked as if it had seen better days. "Don't worry." said Goro, "The old gal still works hard." "Really?" said Maxus with some reservation, "Your truck looks as if it went through a warzone." "EY!" snapped Goro, "She might not be in the best nik, but she still does the job!" "Sorry if I touched a nerve." said Maxus, trying his best not to lose his ride, "But That truck of yours is old." "It was my dad's" said Goro, "He gaving to me when I last saw him." "I see..." said Maxus. "Now lets get on the road!" said Goro, "My shipment ain't gonna drive itself!" Maxus jumped into the cab and Goro started the truck. It's engine Growled to life and the muffler backfire once before they pulled out of the parking lot and started down the road.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:19 pm

Chapter Thirteen: Finaly Arrived.
Maxus watched as the miles raced by as he and Goro headed for Westopolis. "Where ya from?" asked Goro. "South Island area." said Maxus. "You?" "Metrocity." said Goro, "Mind you, for a time it was called Robocity." "Dr. Eggman, I'm guessing." said Maxus. "When he was still called Robotnik." replied Goro, as a sign passed saying Westopolis in 20 miles, "By the way, Do you know who you'd be fighting?" Maxus shook his head, "Madam Mystar didn't tell me her name." "I heard something that you might wanna know..." said Goro, "It seems that one of Madam Mystar's so called Champions is a thief." Maxus looked towards Goro and said "Huh...Why would she hire a crook to be a champion?" Goro shrugged, "How should I know?! I'm not her lap dog! Anyways, we should be at Westopolis in five minites." Meanwhile, elsewhere... "So you failed too." said Coconuts. "He didn't have a clue of what I was talking about!" snapped Shellcracker. "Well we got to think of something." said Coconuts. "Can I give a ssssugesssstion?" came a familiar voice. The two badniks turned to see Slicer coming towards them. "Slicer!?!" cursed Shellcracker, "I thought I told you to leave 'em?!" "KIKI! I did!" protested Coconuts, "But who..." "We did!" interupted a scratchy voice. Coconuts instantly reconised the voice and said, "Scratch & Grounder!" The robotic chicken and the burrowing bot clanked towards them. "You recall what Dr. Robotnik said!" screeched Scratch. "Yeah!" shouted Grounder, "We need to work as a team!" "Bah!" cursed Shellcracker, "You two can do that all you want! I'll go it alone!" "Last I checked Shellcracker..." started Scratch, "I Out Rank You!" "And why were you two sent to scrap before any of us?" said Coconuts. "Who you asssskin'?" cursed Slicer, "Them or usssss?" "You two of course!" said Grounder. "Fine!" spat Shellcracker, "Slicer, come with me! Leave monkey boy with these two Dumbots!" With that Slicer and Shellcracker walked away leaving Coconuts with Scratch and Grounder. "Um...so guys.." said Coconuts nervously, "Can I.." "NO!" said Scratch and Grounder. "Please!" begged Coconuts, falling down to it knees. "The last thing Dr. Robotnik needs is a Cleaner-Bot, Third Class!" snapped Scratch as it and Grounder turned away. Coconuts thought to itself, 'Looks like I'm on my own...But I do have one thing that the others don't have...Kikkikiki...' Meanwhile, in Westopolis... "Here ya go, Maxus.." said Goro, "I'll be see ya!" "So long Goro." said Maxus, "And thanks for the lift." Goro's truck sped off to it's destination as Maxus walked around the city. 'I don't even know where I'm going to fight this person.. I wish I knew..' "Ah there you are sir!" came a voice. Maxus turned to see Boris running towards him. "I thought that I was going to miss you getting off the train!" he panted. "I didn't come by train, but that's besides the point." said Maxus. "Madam Mystar sent me because she forgot to tell you that your opponent waits for you in the north east district." said Boris, still catching his breath, "Her name is Roxanne and she it tougher then she looks. But beware though, the north east district is a slum. Many thieves and thugs roam the district and there is no garenty that you won't be robbed there." He added under his breath, "I'm not being payed enough!" "Right." said Maxus, thinking about it, "By the way, I heard a romur that one of Madam Mystar's champions is a thief...Is that turn?" "I do not belive so.." said Boris scratching his head, "But then again that could be true. One can never know with Madam Mystar. I must be off. So good luck sir." Boris then walked away leaving Maxus to find his way to the North East District on his own.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:23 pm

Chapter Fourteen: Slum Living.
Maxus started walking down the street, looking for a bus stop. Suddenly a young raccoon girl ran into him, then rushed off. "Huh?!" said Maxus, somewhat bewildered at what had happened. Maxus shook it off and continued down till he found a bus stop. As he looked at the map, he started to scratch near where his gun holster. "Huh?!" he said as he noticed that it was empty, "What!? It's gone!" Maxus rubbed his chin and thought, 'I remember having it when I got off the ship...I beleive I still had it when I exited Goro's truck...' Then he suddenly snapped his fingures in realisation. 'That Raccoon!' he thought, 'She must have swiped it when she ran into me...Wait!...Is that all she took?' Maxus quickly cheaked to see if anything else was stolen. To his relife, nothing else was taken. 'I got to find that girl before she gets into trouble!' he thought, 'I suspect that the best place to start looking is the North East District!' Maxus refured to the map and quickly dodged traffic to get to the district. As the skyscrapers of downtown loomed behind him, a horrid stench fill Maxus's nose. Maxus saw Garbage all over the streets, the buildings covered with graffite, windows covered with plywood. 'This must be the North East District...' he thought with discust, 'How can anyone live in this place...' People who saw Maxus coming either quickly hid themselves inside or looked at him with contemped. 'Who am I going to find here that would tell me where that girl is?' thought Maxus as he walked down the street. Maxus then notice a man in a heavy coat pushing a cart full of junk and he stop to ask him about the girl. "I Think I've seen 'er." said the man, "But I can't say for sure..." "That's alright.." said Maxus with some disapointment. Suddenly a girl's scream caught his attention. "I'd ignore that if I was you." said the man as he started off, "You'd only get in trouble..." Maxus ignored the man and ran towards the scream. He peered down a narrow alleyway to see six thugs surronding the raccoon Maxus was looking for. "Look little lady." said one of the thug, "Just give us whatever you got and you can go free." "Shove it in your tail pipe, Shovel Face!" she snapped, "I'm not given you nothing!" "You'll be give it or we'll be Takin' it!" shouted the thug. Maxus stepped into the alley and said, "My my...Six on one? Pretty low on such a young girl..." The thugs turned to see Maxus and the raccoon called out, "Please help me!" Three of the thugs ran towards Maxus. Maxus tossed a small black flame on the ground and knocked the thugs to the ground. Two other thugs armed themselves with re-bar wraped in chicken wire and walked up slowly towards him. Maxus drew his sword slightly and the two suddenly charged at him. However one of the three thugs was starting to get up and the other two tripped over him. Maxus then quickly knock the thug back to the ground as the other two knocked each other out. but when he turned his attention to the final thug, he had the raccoon hostage with a knife to her throught. "Make one step and she's dead!" Maxus hestiated as the thug called out, "Drop that fancy blade of yours!" The raccoon gave a disapointed look and a heavy sigh. She suddenly stomped the thug's foot, and bite his hand. "OIE!" shouted the thug as he let her go. Then she pulled out Maxus's tournament gun and hit the thug with it's handle to knock him to the ground. Maxus just stood there and watched as she summoned spikes made of ice out of the ground to raise the thug up so she could dropkick him into the back wall. Then, when she turned around, she said harshly, "I thought you'd do a bit more then just stand there!" "I came here to get my gun back!" said Maxus, with a sneer, "You could have at least thanked me for my help!" "And why would I do that?" she said with a snort. "And why would you carry a croked gun?" "Your name is Roxanne, isn't it!" said Maxus crossly. "That it is." she said, "You must be the Maxus that Madam Mystar's goonie mentioned. He did say you were attentive." "Shall we find a less crowed Alley for our fight?" asked Maxus, "This one seems to be a full house." "O.k." said Roxanne, "And IF you win I'll give you back your gun...But If I win I get that fancy sword of your!" You're on!" spat Maxus.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:26 pm

Chapter Fifteen: Cold Hearted Roxanne.
The two combatants moved out of the alley and just when Maxus least expected, Roxanne attacked him from behind with a dash attack. Maxus tumbled forward and quickly got back to his feet. "What's with the cheap shot?!" he cursed as Roxanne raced towards him. Maxus threw a punch at her, but she jumped up, grabed him around the head with her legs and tossed him to the ground. "Ha ha ha!" gloated Roxanne, "You'll never keep up with me! So be a nice boy and retire before you get too hurt!" Maxus's ribs were still hurting from Shellcracker's attack. But he wasn't going to lose to a girl. "I thought I'd go easy on you because you are still a kid." smirked Maxus as he got up. "Well then..." said Roxanne with distaste, "Have at it!" Roxanne summoned her ice spikes form the ground and to her amazement, Maxus dodged them in a blink. Quickly, Maxus tossed a black flame at Roxanne's feet, but she jumped out of the way of the blast. Maxus could sence the painful memories of Roxanne as she unleashed a barrage of ice spears. Maxus sliced them apart with his sword and said, "You are still hurt by your past, aren't you?" "What does my past have anything to do with beating you?" cursed Roxanne as she tossed more ice spears, "And beside, It's none of your buissness, you spiked rugged freak!" Maxus dodged them and carved his way towards her. "Why did you enter this tournament?" he demanded. "For the prize of course!" spat Roxanne as she pulled out Maxus's tournament gun, "It would look good with all the stuff I've taken so far." She opened fire, but Maxus managed to get close enough to grab the gun and pry it from her hands before knocking her down. "Your cold heart can still be thawed out." said Maxus pointing his sword at her, "That is if you let it." Acting like she was hurt badly, Roxanne made herself look finished to Maxus so he could drop his guard. "Playing Weak?" asked Maxus with a smirk. "Humph!" snorted Roxanne, as she suddenly hit Maxus with a bolt of lightning. As Maxus staggered back in pain, Roxanne got up and hit him with a double heel kick to his face followed by a flip kick to his chin. "As you can see I'm full of surprises!" sneered Roxanne, as she raced behind Maxus and kicked him between the legs. "Ghhhuu..." cried Maxus as Roxanne jumped onto his back, then jumped off high into the air. "Time to end this!" she snarled. Roxanne did a homing dash at Maxus. But, suddenly, Maxus turned and tossed a black flame at her in mid dash. The blast knocked Roxanne back hard and she crashed into the side of a building. As she fell to the ground, her impression was smashed into the wall. Maxus looked over at Roxanne and called out, "Nice bag of trick! But I have my own, and I win this fight!" Roxanne struggled to her feet, clutching her right arm as if it was injured. "Don't think this will be the last you'll see of me!" she cursed, "I'll make sure that the next time we meet, it'll be your Bones that will Broken!" It was then they heard a siron and suddenly five police cars arrived in the area surrounding both of them. "This is the police!" came the sound of a bullhorn, "Put down your weapons and surrender!" Roxanne, turned and quickly felled down an alley leaving Maxus to the police.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:47 pm

Chapter Sixteen: Where to next?
The police were pointing their guns at Maxus, waiting for him to follow their demands or for him to try and run. Maxus slowly put his sword and gun on the ground as the police moved in. "STOP!" called a familiar voice. Madam Mystar walked towards the police officers and shouted angrily, "What are you doing here!" "We are dealing with a robbery and an assult Mam!" said one of the officers, "This man is dangerous." "You are Not Arresting one of my fighters!" shouted Madam Mystar. "Fighters?" said the officer, "But surely you know that fighting here in Westopolis is Illegal and punishable by twelve years in a military prison." "It's only Illegal without the proper permit!" snapped Madam Mystar producing a peice of paper. The officer looked it over and said nervously, "Ummm...Sorry Mam! We were not informed that there was a permit for a fight in the city that was issued." the officer then turned to the others and called out, "Let him go! Her paper clears him." As the police backed off, Maxus let out a sigh of relife. One by one the police cars left leaving Maxus and Madam Mystar on the street. "Ouufff.." grouned Maxus holding his ribs. "How bad is your injury?" said Madam Mystar coldly. "A lot worst the before the fight began." said Maxus weakly. "Did Giro injure you?" she said with confusion, "You never mentioned it before." "No," said Maxus, "I was attacked by some robot on my way here." "Hmmmm." she said, "I'll give you a short break. Your next fight will be in five day at the ruins in Woodhaven Forest. My medical staff will see to your injures as well as those that you may have in flicked on Roxanne." Madam Mystar snapped her fingers and a car pulled up. A guy in white helped Maxus into the car and just before the car drove off, Maxus asked, "One quick question...Who will be my next opponent?" "His real name eludes me.."said Madam Mystar, "I beleive that he is refured to by others as 'Poison'." As the car pulled away, Roxanne, watching from the shadows, cursed in a low growl, "Dammit! I thought that phony call to police would get him out of my way! But how will I make sure that you will not get any further in this tournament?" Suddenly a robotic finger tapped her on the shoulder. Roxanne turned to see the robot and she cursed, "What do you want?!" "I want to help you." said the shady robot. Roxanne gave a wicked smile. Three days later at a small clinic in Station Square, Maxus was healed up from his injuries and was surprised that there was still no sign of Roxanne. 'Hmm.... where did she go?' he thought. "HEY YOU!" came a shout from behind. Maxus turned to see Giro storming towards him. "Not you again!" said Maxus flatly. "Why are you here?" said Giro. "Let's just say those robots from before didn't leave me alone." said Maxus crossly. "I heard that you beat up that girl Roxanne." said Giro, "I know that she's Nothing but trouble." "Let me guess..." said Maxus, folding his arms, "You are also a hacker?" "Kinda hard not to be!" snapped Giro, "Did you know that her parents abandoned her at an orphanage and they told her that they died in a car crash." "That would explain the pain I felt from her." said Maxus, thinking about, "Such memories can be quite damaging to a life of a child...And to think that she is only seventeen..." "HUH?!?" jumped Giro, "But the registration form she filled out saids that she's over eighteen!" "My aren't we a snoop!" smiled Maxus, "It's obvious. She lied. But I'm just wasting time talking to you." "Suit yourself!" snapped Giro as he turned and walked away. 'Now with that done..' thought Maxus, 'Time to get to Woodhaven Forest.'
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:51 pm

Chapter Seventeen: Which Way To The Woods?
Maxus exited the clinic and walked towards the nearby train station. 'I've got to get to Woodhaven Forest....' he thought to himself. A look of confusion then crossed his face before he thought 'Wait...Where is Woodhaven Forest? I've never even heard of it.' Maxus entered and didn't see that many people on the platform. He noted a Scorpion at one end sitting alone and walked up to him. "Excuse me." said Maxus. The scorpion raised his head and said "What?" "Do you know the way to Woodhaven Forest?" asked Maxus. "Going to an out-of-the-way place like that?" said the Scorpion with suspission, "You're not going to find it riding the train, that's for sure!" "Do you know where to go?" asked Maxus with some annoyence, "It's a simple Yes or No question." "Yeah I know." smiled the Scorpion, "It's a Half day hike from the north end of the city. There a set of ruins that are nice to see." Maxus smiled and said "Thank you." As he left the platform, the Scorpion watched him and gave a wicked grin. Maxus quickly made his way to the north end of Station Square and followed the road north. 'I hope I'm heading in the right direction..' he thought, 'Half a day's hike to reach the forest is cutting it close though..I rather be there sooner then later.' As he walked down the road, the Scorpion he had spoken to was following him from some distance behind. "Is this the guy that Raccoon gal asked me to follow?" he muttered, "I can't follow him forever if I'm going to fight my next opponent tomorrow...But could he be my opponent? I must learn what he can do..No sence in following an opponent and not learning what he or she is capable of.." Maxus didn't notice the Scorpion was following him and was walking along fine down the dirt road. Maxus suddenly felt that he wasn't alone and turned to look back. The Scorpion quickly ducked for cover to avoid being seen. With nothing to see behind him, Maxus continued down the road, but he quickened his pace. All had seemed calm until he saw some people running towards him in panic. "RUN!" cried one person as they knocked him over. "What's going on?!" called Maxus as people rushed by. Maxus grabed one person and she cried, "Robot's are attack everybody in the campground!" "What?!" jumped Maxus, "Tell me where they are!" The woman squirmed free and said as she ran, "Just look for the smoke!" Maxus started to fume, thinking 'I can't let those robots hurt people! I got to get rid of them! So what if I'm late for my fight! I just can't ignore this!' Maxus rush off leave his unknown tail behind. "Is he trying to stop the robot?!" muttered the Scorpion, "He must be mad! But this will be a perfect time to see what he can do..But I can't sit back and watch! I've got to help him!" The Scorpion chased after Maxus as fast as he could. Maxus could see the smoke rising in the distacnt and he stopped momentarily to catch his breath. Suddenly he heard footsteps behind him and he quickly jumped into the bushes. He watched as the Scorpion ran by and he realised that he was being followed. 'That's the guy from the station!' he thoguht, 'He must have been following me. What is he up to?' Maxus emerged from his hidding place and followed the Scorpion towards the campground. The Scorpion suddenly stop when he couldn't see Maxus ahead of him. "Where'd he go?" he mumbled in confusion. "Right here!" snapped Maxus standing behind him. The Scorpion turned around with a look of astonisment. "Why are you following me?!" demanded Maxus as he loomed over the scorpion. "I thought you might be a person of interest!" said the Scorpion nervously, "But then I heard the people talking about a Robot attack and I saw you running to help them...I thought I'd give you a hand..." "I'll buy that excuse for now!" snapped Maxus, "But I expect the truth from you once those Robots are delt with!" "Fine!" said the Scorpion, "Lets go."
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:55 pm

Chapter Eighteen: Badniks Attack!
Maxus and the Scorpion rushed forward into the campground. 'What is it this time!' thought Maxus as they got to the wreakage of the campsite. At first there was no robots to be seen. "Huh?" said the Scorpion with confusion, "Where are the robots?" "Right here!" came a voice that was familiar to Maxus. Suddenly Slicer and Shellcracker popped out of the bushes with a swarm of Buzz Bombers. "Buzz Bombers!" called Shellcracker, "ATTACK!" "Not These Two Again!" spat Maxus, quickly drawing his sword. The Buzz Bombers started to fire at Maxus and his companion. The Scorpion quickly dove to the side as Maxus dove for the other. "YEOW!" cried the Scorpion, "What's with these tin cans?!" "I think they are hell bent on stealing the prize for the fighting tournament!" called Maxus as he sliced one Buzz Bomber, while stomping another out of the air. Three Buzz Bombers dove towards the Scorpion and he quickly hopped onto one and directed it's stinger at the other two. Soon the swarm of Buzz Bombers was distroyed leaving just Slicer and Shellcracker standing. "Now for you two!" cursed Maxus. The two robots looked at each other then quickly fled the scene. "Well that's over with, Now I want..." said Maxus, as he turned towards where the Scorpion was. But to Maxus's surprise, he was gone. 'Must have slipped away...' he thought with disapointment, 'Still, Now that those robots are gone, I got to get to Woodhaven Forest!' Maxus quickly exited the campground and made his way towards the Forest. The Scorpion peered out of the bushes and mumbled "Who ever this guy is...He's strong like that girl said...And he's heading for Woodhaven Forest...He Must be that Maxus guy! I must be careful." The scorpion raced after Maxus but at a greater distance then before. Just as it seemed to be peaceful once more, Shellcracker and Slicer ambushed the Scorpion. "Now We've got you!" hissed Slicer as Shellcracker gripped the scorpion's body in it's massive claw. "LET ME GO!" shouted the Scorpion as he squirmed. "By getting rid of you..." said Shellcracker, "We will get one step closer to our goal!" "HELP!" cried the Scorpion as Shellcracker tightened it grip on him. Maxus heard the cried and realised that the Scorpion was in trouble. 'Blast!' he cursed in his mind, 'Now I' Be late for my fight because of those two walking trashcans!' Maxus turned back and saw the Scorpion's pradicament. "There He Is! Get Him Slicer!" cursed Shellcracker as Maxus drew his sword once more. Slicer dashed towards Maxus only to be sliced to shreads by Maxus's Sword. Slicer's part exploaded and Maxus turned his attention to Shellcracker. "Take one step and your Friend here will be snapped like a twig!" warned Shellcracker. "Don't listen to it!" called the Scorpion, "It'll do it any waaaaaaa!" Shellcracker started to crush the Scorpion in it's claw. Maxus noticed a breif glint before the massive claw of Shellcracker suddenly was smashed open. The Scorpion hit the ground with the parts as Shellcracker was bewildered at what had happened. Maxus quickly dashed towards the robot and slashed it into four parts. Shellcracker cursed before it exploaded, "NO!!! I WAS THIS CLOSE!" Maxus walked over to the Scorpion and asked, "You O.K.?" Yeah..." said the Scorpion weakly, "What the heck did you do to smash that arm?" Maxus was taken aback by this. "Huh? I Thought that you did that?" "It was me who did that!" came Giro's voice. Maxus turned to see Giro with Mini-G by his side. "Nice timing!" said Maxus flatly, "You..." "Hey Wait!" called Giro suddenly. Maxus turned to see the Scorpion running off. "Dammit!" he cursed, "I need to ask him questions!" "Don't you need to be in Woodhaven Forest soon?" asked Giro, "It will be night soon." "I don't think I'll make it there in time!" cursed Maxus. "I'll get you there in time!" smiled Giro. "You've got a car?" sneered Maxus. "I've got better." said Giro.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:59 pm

Chapter Nineteen: The Fastest Way?
Big-G emerged up the path and Giro said "Big-G, We need to move fast!" Maxus watched as the Robot once again distorted and turned into a Hoverbike. But Maxus noticed a small problem. "Umm...Giro?" he said, I don't think there's room for me.." Giro looked for a moment  and said "..Yeah...Your right...Mini-G?" The robot nodded and it added itself to the hoverbike making it bigger but still not big enough for two riders. "That's not going to work.." said Maxus flatly, "Unless you plan on walking." "Have Ye Little faith." smiled Giro, "Keep in mind that I am a Technomancer. One thing I can do is go into machines and control them from there." "You seriously think I'm getting onto that hoverbike while you 'drive' it from the inside." said Maxus, unsure of what would happen, "And I am using Drive very loosely." Giro gave a flat expreation and said, "You want a ride or what?" "Are you going to force me?" sighed Maxus. Giro suddenly jumped up and dissapired into the hoverbike. Two arms Grabed Maxus and put him into the hoverbike before he could anything. The belt buckled itself and Giro's voice said "Don't worry I'll get you to Woodhaven Forest in no time flat. Just Hold On!" "Wait a seeeeec!!!" started Maxus as Giro took off at high speed. A short distance ahead the Scorpion was getting tired from his escape. "huf..huf..Wow.." he panted, "Did I lose that hedgehog?" Suddenly he could hear Maxus Screaming and saw a blur of something rush passed him. "Wha...." he said bewildered before falling to the ground with exhaustion. "GIRO,STOP THIS BLASTED THING!!!" cried Maxus in fury. "Don't worry." replied Giro, "Will be there in two minites." Meanwhile, up ahead, Roxanne was setting up a simple snare trap to catch Maxus. "Hehehe," she chuckled aloud, "That Hedgehog will never see this coming." A sudden shout chaught her attention. She turned to see Maxus on a hoverbike charging right at her. She tried to flee but accedently set off her trap. She was wisked out of harms way but now she was caught. Hanging upsidedown, she cursed calmly "That was an unexpected setback..." Maxus continued his cried for Giro to stop till the hoverbike slowed down to a crawl and finally stopped. Maxus got of the machine and kissed the ground as Giro emerged from the hoverbike. Maxus looked at Giro to give him an ear full and saw that he looked as if he ran a marathon. "The..pant..Only..Drawback.." panted Giro, "When I go that fast.." But before Giro could finish his thought, he passed out from exhaustion. His two robots returned to normal and Big-G picked up Giro. Mini-G pointed to a nearby Forest and Maxus asked "Is that Woodhaven Forest?" the robot nodded in confermation, then the two robot turned and walked back down the road carrying Giro. 'Well...He said he'd get me here..' thought Maxus, 'Now to find those ruins...' Meanwhile down the road, the Scorpion had continued his course and came upon Roxanne in her snare trap. "Need Help?" he asked. "No." said Roxanne sweetly, "I'm pretending to be a bat and waiting for someone to sing me a lalaby." But she quickly roared "OF COURSE I NEED HELP! GET ME DOWN FROM HERE!" The Scorpion got her down and she snarled, "Well? Did you deal with that Hedgehog yet, Poison?!" "Not yet." he replied, "I've been studying his skills and..." "I DIDN'T TELL YOU TO STUDY HIM." shouted Roxanne, "I TOLD YOU TO GET RID OF HIM!" "But what are you plan on paying me?" said Poison, "So Far, he saved my life! That makes him the highest bidder." "I don't Mean Kill him!" snapped Roxanne in a faux panic, "I Want you to knock him out of the tournament!" "That will remain to be seen." said Poison, "Now if you don't mind, I must make my appointment to fight him or risk being ousted for being a no show! Good day."
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:02 pm

Chapter Twenty: Search For The Ruins.
Maxus wandered through the forest, as night fell, look for the ruins that Madam Mystar told him about. "It's got to be here somewhere.." he mumbled. As he searched for these ruins, he heard voices ahead. "You sure you saw him come through here, Grounder?" said one scratchy voice. "I'm sure, Scratch!" replied Grounder, "There was no mistaking him from that speed!" Maxus peered through a bush and saw Scratch and Gounder arguing in a clearing. "Well if he's here.." said Scratch in fustration, "Then where is he?" "How should I know?" complained Grounder, "Last I checked I'm not his Nanny!" Maxus slowly backed away, thinking to himself, 'More Badniks! I got to find a way around them.' Suddenly Maxus steped onto a branch and alerted Scratch and Grounder. "What was that?!" screeched Scratch. Maxus turned to run but Grounder's hand gripped him by his shirt and pulled him into the clearing. "Who are you?!" shouted Grounder. "I'm just lost!" said Maxus acting scared, "I hear you two and thought I could ask for directions." "Really?" said Scratch with suspission, "You sure that you're not Sonic?" Think about what to say next, Maxus said "If I was, would you have nabbed me so easily?" "Ummm..He does have a point Scratch." said Grounder. "And where are you trying to go?" demanded Scratch. "There is supposed to be some ruins around here..." said Maxus nervously, "I wanted to make it there before day break." Grounder let him go and said, "The ruins are that way in three miles. But I would like to know...Did you see Sonic the Hedgehog around here?" "Sonic?" lied Maxus, "I think I saw him running from a pink hedgehog in a car about twelve minites ago." The two robots looked at each other and ran off towards the road. "Huffff." sighed Maxus, "Not the smartest ones I ran into. But...Scratch and Grounder....Those names sound familiar...But why?.." Maxus followed the directions that Grounder had given him and soon found the ruins. Maxus yawned, "I should turn in for the night..." He found a small alcove and layed down to sleep. Meanwhile at another end of the ruins, Poison had just arrived. "Didn't think I'd make it here in time." he panted, "First, that Hedgehog, then those robots, then whatever nearly ran me down, plus that Raccoon Getting herself caught and giving me an ear full. Some days I wonder if working as a mercenary informent for G.U.N. is really worth it...I wonder if my opponent made it?" As the day began, Maxus awoke from his alcove and started to walk around the ruins. Rain tumbling down from the sky and the distant sound of thunder could be heard. 'Whomever this Poison is, he doesn't seem to be here yet.' he thought as he headed deeper into the ruins. When he went through an archway to a big area that looked to be a courtyard he stopped, Maxus felt that someone was watching him. "Ah you made it!" came a familiar voice. Maxus looked around the muddied grounds but saw no one. "I'm up here!" came the voice. Maxus looked above the archway and through the pourring rain saw the Scorpion that was following him. "You again!" cursed Maxus, "Who are you and What do you want?!" Poison laughed, "You're Maxus right! Someone wants you out of the tournament badly and that person is payin' me good to get rid of you! I, Poison, Will make sure that this is your last fight!"
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:13 pm

Chapter Twenty One: Poison's Muddy Sting.
Poison jumped down from his high perch and whacked Maxus with the side of his tail. Maxus rolled back to his feet, but the mud was slick. Poison's smaller size coped better then Maxus's as Poison hit hit with multiple punches from different sides. Maxus was afraid to loss his sword and gun, but was having trouble trying to fight without them on such a small target. Suddenly Poison launched his stinger at Maxus. Maxus slipped over and the stinger just missed him.'Must avoid that stinger!' thought Maxus as he rolled out of the way of a second strike. Maxus got back up to his feet and managed to get some distance from Poison. Maxus spotted a branch and quickly grabbed it as Poison rushed him. Maxus swong it into Poison's side, knocking him into the mud and Maxus ran towards him. Poison got on all fours and launched his stinger again. Maxus slid under the stinger and landed his foot in Poison's face. Poison tumbled backwards into the mud pool. The two fighters struggled to get back to their feet because of all the mud. "I'm not lossing this fight!" cursed Poison, "You'll be tired long before I am!" Maxus knew that what Poison was saying was ture, but quickly replied, "But I'm not going to get stuck like you!" The two rushed towards each other. Maxus swong the stick at Poison, but he jumped over it and flipped over Maxus, stinging him in the back. Maxus could feel a shot of pain and then he fell down, face first into the mud, his limbs unable to move. "How does the Mud taste?" said Poison, in a cocky tone. Maxus didn't move or even reply. "Hey I'm talking to you!" snapped Poison, kicking Maxus's leg. Maxus still didn't responed. Poison started to worry. "Did I.." he mumbled to himself, "Use Poison insted of Paralizer?..." Poison checked Maxus to see if he was still alive. As he turned him over, Maxus suddenly tossed mud into Poison's face and knocked him over. "Bleeeckh! spat Maxus, "You should have thought of giving me a stronger douse!" Poison scrambled to his feet and cursed as he attacked with his stnger, "I thought you were dead!" Maxus blocked the stinger, grabed Poison's tail and yanked him forward. "So I played dead." smirked Maxus as he swong Poison around by his tail, "Now it's time to teach you to fly!" Maxus let Poison go and Poison flew into a wall. As Poison struggled to his feet, a stone fell of the top of the wall and concked him on the head. Poison slumped back to the ground out cold just as the rain stopped. Muddied and brused, Maxus trudged his way towards Poison and dragged him out of the ruins. At the edge of the ruins, Maxus was greeted by Madam Mystar, who looked at him with discused. "I take it that you have beaten Poison." she said. Maxus, without saying a word held Poison up by his tail like a trophy fish. Two men in white quickly collected Poison and rushed off. "How was your fight?" asked Madam Mystar. "It was a mud bath..." said Maxus flatly. "Humph!" snorted Madam Mystar, "Once you get yourself clean, you next opponent will be waiting for you at Brackwater Lake in the Badlands. You'll have three days to get there...But..." Maxus raised an eyebrow and said "But What?" "The fight will be a Sunrise on the fourth day." she said. "Alright." said Maxus, "But out of curiousity, is Roxanne a thief?" "I wish you wouldn't pry into the life of others like that!" she snapped. "It's more of a hunch I have." admited Maxus. "She..is.." said Madam Mystar turning her back to him, "But she isn't the only one, there are at least two others...One of them is your next opponent."
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:16 pm

Chapter Twenty Two: Roxanne Strikes Again.
"The people of the Badlands refure to him as the Badlands Bandit." said Madam Mystar, "He's been stealing from people for over twenty years." "If thats the case then I clean myself up and put him in his place!" said Maxus. "Until then! And remember, Do not drink the lake water!" she said as she left Maxus to walk out of the forest. As he got to the road, Maxus was greeted by Zexal. "Hello Maxus..." he said looking him over. "Zexal!" said Maxus, "You don't have to tell me that I need a shower!" "There's showers at the Campground." smiled Zexal. An hour later, Maxus was cleaned up and Zexal asked "So..Where are you going next?" "The Badlands." said Maxus cleaning the last bit of mub from his shoes. "By Dusty Dunes Zone.." said Zexal with curriousity, "The fastest way there is by the train to the town of Black Silver...It's a half day ride, but, who lives out there?" "A Bandit." replied Maxus, "I got to get there for a fight with him at sunrise." "I'll tag along with you." offered Zexal. "Only if you don't try and tell me about two years ago!" said Mauxs harshly. "Fine.." grumbled Zexal. The two started to head for Station Square, all the while being watched. Suddenly Maxus senced something and pushed Zexal to the side, before jumping back. A mass of icey spikes shot up through the ground where they stood. Zexal was bewildered and looked about. Maxus knew only one person who could that. "Show yourself Roxanne!" he cursed, "I know it's you!" The Raccoon emerged from the underbrush and cursed, "I'm going to get rid of you one way or another Maxus!" "Who's she?" asked Zexal getting back to his feet. "One of the other fighters." snarled Maxus, "And a pretty sore loser at that!" "STOP your yappin!" she cursed as she tossed a hail of ice spears at them. Zexal slashed most of them out of the sky with ease. Maxus just dodged whatever got to him. Roxanne suddenly did a homing attack and hit Zexal hard before bouncing into Maxus. Thought he faught back, Maxus didn't want to hurt Roxanne. She however had other plans. Zexal spotted a large rock and put his sword onto it. Maxus had his back turned to Zexal and Roxanne saw the rock become seven swords. Zexal held the swords with his tail and Roxanne fled in terror. Maxus, at first confused, turned to see Zexal's multi-swords and said "And what do you plan to do with those?" The sword crumbled to dust leaving Zexal's real sword and he replied "I thought that she was a demon with that power of hers. I was clearly mistaken." "Anyways..." said Maxus flatly, "We should pick up the pace so we can catch that train to Black Silver." "Right." said Zexal, putting his sword away. The two rushed back to Station Square. As the sun set, they entered th train station and got on the last train eastward. As the train left the station, Zexal asked "How were your last two opponents?" "You've met Roxanne." said Maxus, "She is apperently a thief. Don't let her looks fool you, though, she is a capable fighter.. But her past is checkered and quite sad really. The other was a fellow named Poison. He followed me form Station Square to those ruins and someone had payed him to knock me out of the tournament. Thanks to all the muddy ground, his stinger wasn't as effective as it could have been. He was skillfull in close quarters combat." Hmmmmm." said Zexal, "I have heard of this Poison once before...He's a mercenary informant..I believe he currently works for G.U.N." "Really?!" said Maxus with some surprise. "It seems that you have and eclectic mix of opponents.." continued Zexal, "First a Technomancer, then a Thief, followed by a Mercenary..Now a Bandit?..." Then eventuly a Trucker." added Maxus, who then explained his chance meeting with Goro. "Many people from many walks of life..." said Zexal rubbing his chin, "This is far different then many tournament's that I have heard of..I wonder..." "Wonder What?" asked Maxus. "There is this one person that I heard that entered a few fighting tournaments." said Zexal "I believe that he was a relic hunter. But many call him a scoundrel. He always faught with a sharpened shovel. Maybe he has entered as well." "Maybe" yawned Maxus, "But I suggest that we turn in for the night."
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:20 pm

Chapter Twenty Three: Back Roads To The Badlands.
As morning came, the train pulled into the Black Silver Station. Maxus and Zexal stepped off the train and headed into town. "Let's see if we can find a ride to the Badlands.." said Zexal, "Where exactly do you need to go?" "A place called Brackwater Lake." said Maxus. Suddenly a man walked towards them. "Sorry to intrude." he said, "But did you say you are going to Brackwater Lake?" "Yes we are." said Maxus. "If I were you.." said the man, "I'd go back to where you came from. Brackwater Lake is part of the territory of the Badlands Bandit." "So?" said Maxus, "I'm going there and he can't do a thing about it." "Don't say I didn't warn you." said the man, who then hurried off. "Maybe it was good of you not to mention that you are going to fight him anyways." said Zexal. "Yeah...But we need to ask for directions to get there." said Maxus, "We don't know how long it will take to get there." "We should ask at the Tavern." said Zexal. "Agreed." smiled Maxus. The two walked down the dirt road towards the Tavern as robotic eyes watched them. When they entered the Tavern, the patrons stopped and looked at them for a moment before going back to what they were doing. As the aproched the counter, the Barkeeper said "Good day sirs. What can I do for you today?" "We need some directions to Brackwater Lake." said Maxus. The patrons gasped at what Maxus had said and the Barkeeper said nervously "Why are you headed there?! Are you bounty hunters trying to catch the Badlands Bandit or somethin'?" Before Zexal could say something, Maxus said, "Yes we are." Everyone in the Tavern started to laugh. "If you think you'd be able to catch him, you'd might as well catch water with a net." laughed the Barkeeper, "He's more wily then Team Breakout! No one has ever been able to nab him in twenty years!" "Never say never." said Zexal, understanding where Maxus was going with this scam, "There is always a first time for everything." "If you think you can catch him then I'll tell yea how to get there." smiled the Barkeeper, "But I'm tellin' yea that you're just wastin' your time. Follow the dirt track northwest from here. You should reach it by mid afternoon. And even if you don't see it, you'll know you're in the right area!" "And how will we know?" asked Maxus. "Trust me." said the Barkeeper, "You'll know." "Well then." said Zexal, "Lets get going." the quickly made their way out of the Tavern and Zexal turned to Maxus and said, "Bounty Hunters?" "That's what we are." said Maxus as the headed for the edge of town, "Technicly, anyways." The rugged terrain that greeted them was far from barren. Mosses cover many rocks and they continued to their destiation. However a robot followed them, hidden by the bolders. "Kikiki" mumbled Coconuts as he watched, "Soon you two will be in my trap." As they walked Zexal said "Is there something bothering you, Maxus?" "There is.." said Maxus, "Ever since I enter this tournament, I've been attacked by a seemingly random buch of badniks. I know two of them won't be coming after me anymore. But there were these two that I encountered in Woodhaven Forest. I have this feeling that I came accross them before...The same can be said of the Monkey that attacked me at Scrap brain Ruins." "It could have something to do with what happened two years ago." said Zexal. "I Told You Not To Bring That Up!" snapped Maxus. "You told me not to bring up the Mirror Moon." snorted Zexal, "And I wasn't implying it. What I'm trying to say is you might have encountered them two years ago and don't remember. That's all!" As mid afternoon passed, Maxus and Zexal noticed less and less moss growing and Maxus mumbled "Is this what the Innkeeper ment?" The they noticed a large rock in the middle of the trail. "Seems to be an odd place for a stone?" said Zexal as they walked passed it. "I know...I think we should be on guard for something." "Kikiki! And you two would be right!" shouted a robotic voice. They turned to see Coconuts standing on the rock. "Wait!" cursed Maxus, "You're that Badnik that attacked me at Scrap Brain Ruins!" "Yes I am and I do thank you for getting rid of Slicer and Shellcracker for me!" sneered Coconuts, "And Once I get rid of you and get the Fallen Star Reilc, I, Coconuts, will return to my master's side!" "Phm...." snickered both Zexal and Maxus at hearing the robot's name. "So you think my name's funny?!" snapped Coconuts as it jumped off the rock, "Well I'll have the last laugh! Get him Stone Guardian!" The rock shuttered and stood up on two legs. Two thick arms and a stone head emerged from it's body. "Stone Guardian!" shouted Coconuts, "Attack!"
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:23 pm

Chapter Twenty Four: The Badlands Bandit.
The Stone Guardian loomed over the demon hunters with Coconuts standed behind it. Zexal took out his gun and started firing at it just to watch his bullets bounce off. Maxus tossed some black flames at it. However when the smoke cleared, the Stone Guardian was unscathed. "Kikikiki!" cheered Coconuts, "Nothing you do will damage it! Not even Sonic could stop the Stone Guardian!" The robot suddenly jumped towards Maxus and tried to slam it's fists onto him. Maxus dodged the strike as Zexal tried to slash the machine. The robot's body didn't even scratch as his blade crossed. The robot smacked Zexal away like a bug before making another jump attack at Maxus. Maxus dove out of the way as the robot smashed into the ground, then suddenly tumble down a sinkhole. "Kikik...Ehh?" cried Coconuts, who rushed over to the hole. "Humph!" it snapped, "Looks like I'll deal with you myself!" Maxus got to his feet and was about to draw his sword when the ground shook a bit. Suddenly, a plume of dirt and dust burst upwards from under Coconuts's feet. Maxus could make out a fist hitting Coconuts with an uppercut and when the dust cloud settelled down, he saw a lean Coyote standing over the robot monkey. The coyote grabbed Coconuts by the tail and started to swing the robot around his head like a pair of bolas and tossed Coconuts far over the horizon. "KIKikiki!" cried Coconuts as the robot flew into the distance. Maxus notice that the coyote's feet looked robotic as the coyotie turned towards him. "Thank you for giving me and my friend a hand." said Maxus as Zexal got himself back up. "Get lost!" snapped the Coyote harshly, "This is my turf and I don't need no tresspassers!" Maxus and Zexal were a bit surprise by the coyote's responce and Zexal said "I'm sorry if we are intruding but we.." "SHUT UP!" snapped the coyote, "I told yea to get lost! Now shove off!" "Look!" shouted Maxus angrily, "We are trying to get to Brackwater Lake!" "Brackwater Lake?!" said the coyote with suspision, "What's that dump to you?!" "We're.." started Maxus when Zexal interupted. "We heard that there will be a match for a fighting tournament going on there. We were hoping to get a seat to watch it." "Don't sell me a rock and call it a mountain!" snapped the coyote, "What is it that you're really tryin to pull!?" "Who are you fighting?" asked Maxus suddenly. "What makes you think that I'm in a tournament?!" snapped the coyote in rage. "Sorry.." said Maxus taking a step back, "I thought that you might be the Badlands Bandit." "Not more of you useless bounty hunters!" cursed the coyote, drawing a knife, "I'm giving you to five to make a tumbleweed and blow off!" Both Maxus and Zexal drew their guns and the coyote snarled "1..2..3.." "We are only here for the tournament!" said Maxus harshly, "Nothing else!" "Is there a way around you turf to get to the lake?" asked Zexal with annoyence. The coyote looked at them and put his knife away. "Yeah there is!" he snarled as he pointed to a cactus in the distance, "You see them cactis. That marks the edge of my turf! Follow it down for a few miles and you should come accross a village. Then you will know that your near that dump of a lake. Now....GET YOUR STINKING HIDES OFF MY TURF!!!" Maxus and Zexal quickly walked over to the cactus that the coyote pointed out and saw one about a mile away. Maxus turned towards the coyote who was watching them as they walked along the edge of his turf.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:27 pm

Chapter Twenty Five: Rustfang Welcome.
As they walked along the path the coyote told them to follow, Maxus turned to Zexal and said "Is it me.." "You have a feeling that we've met this peson before?" interupted Zexal, "I too have the same feeling...But a Name escapes me." "If you bring up two years ago.." snarled Maxus. "Maybe...but are our feelings the same?" said Zexal rubbing my chin, "I feel animosity towards that coyote." "Really?" said Maxus, raising an eyebrow, "To me, he looked to be all show and no teeth." Zexal shot a glance back at his friend and said "What are you implying?" "For a demon, you don't notice some little details." replied Maxus looking ahead, "I suspect that if he had reached five when we had our guns drawn, he would have fled." "And how could you tell that?" demanded Zexal. "His feet." replied Maxus, "They looked as though that he was about to sprint a marathon." "Maybe there is something about two years ago that I do not know but you do and not even realise it." smiled Zexal. "Will you shut up about that!" snapped Maxus. As they walked over the following ridge, they saw a small village ahead of them. "This must be the place he mentioned." said Zexal, "It looks like a backwater. Are you sure that it's not the name of a town?" "Yes I am." said Maxus, "Madam Mystar told me not to drink the lake water." "Did she say why?" asked Zexal. Maxus shook his head. As they entered the village, all they saw were people going about their lives. The homes and other building looked as though they came off a western movie set. A rotund fox approched them and said "Welcome to Rustfang Village. Is there anything we can do for you sirs?" "Yes, we are trying to get to Brackwater Lake." said Maxus. The fox looked at them confused. "I'm sorry to tell you but I belive that you went the wrong way." said the fox. "What!" jumped Maxus. "That Coyote lied to us!" snarled Zexal. "Coyote?!" said the fox, "Ah, you must speak of Kale. Please, come with me." The two followed the rotund fox into a small house in the center of town. "Allow me to introduce myself.." said the fox, "I am Mayor Strumber. I am sorry for that Bandit. Kale has been attack people for about twenty odd years. Not many people come out this way because of him." "Hasn't anyone been able to stop him?" asked Zexal. "No..I hate to admit it, but many have tried to catch him but his is very elusive and is hard to track." said Mayor Strumber, "But I digrees, You two are here for the tournament, aren't you. I wasn't expecting anyone till tommorrow." "I am." said Maxus, "My friend wanted to tag along." "May I ask how you know about the tournament and our arrival?" asked Zexal. "I have..." started the mayor, "Connections. Oh but I'm being a terrible host. Stay in town for the night." "One quick question." said Maxus, "I was told not to drink the lake water. Why is that?" The mayor laughed, "It's simple my boy. The water is saltest inland lake around. Whomever told you that knows very well. I'll take you there tommorrow." "Sounds like a plan." smiled Maxus, "Oh, before I forget, I'm Maxus, and this is my friend Zexal. Thank you for your hospitality Mr. mayor." "Your welcome sir." said the Mayor, "Our local Inn is just opposite of my home." As the exited the mayor's place Maxus and Zexal noticed that the sun was setting. They entered the Inn and the man behind the counter was looking at an old photo in his hands. He quickly put it away when he noticed Maxus and Zexal. "Sorry about that, How may I help you?" he said. "A room for me and my companion." said Maxus. "Here you go," said the Innkeeper, handing them both a key, "Up the stairs first and second doors on your right." As the two got up the stairs and found their rooms Maxus called to Zexal "Rest well my friend!" Same with you." replied Zexal.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next