Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Metal Flood

Go down

The Metal Flood Empty The Metal Flood

Post by Caliburn Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:59 am

This story takes place over the top of the Sonic Heroes canon, directly after Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, yet replacing Sonic Heroes.

Last edited by Burning-Fox on Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

The Metal Flood Empty Prologue

Post by Caliburn Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:31 am

The Mystic Ruins... originally a place where the ancient echidna clans were first located. Turned into a battlefield by Doctor Robotnik's goal of world domination, the front of Chaos, the god of destruction's attacking and place of 'birth'. A shame how such a remarkable landscape had to become such a terrible wasteland, devastated by Robotnik's attacks throughout the area. There was, however, one place that was left within the Mystic Ruins that was completely untouched, safe from Robotnik's grasps. After the ordeal with the Space Colony, and a lot of tension between the two groups, things finally went peaceful for a while.

So, where did our friends all go off to?

Sonic The Hedgehog, the fastest thing alive became a world known figure for both saving the day... and owning one of the most successful companies around, which was titled 'Sonic Corp.' It specialized in things ranging from small supplies to Mobius-wide trade. Income was off the charts, and the business thrived for a long time. Of course Sonic took a slow approach to all of it, not forgetting his occasional run and freedom to prevent it all going to his head.

Oddly enough the hedgehog missed his arch-enemy. It was a lot of fun to smash up his robots and save the day. But it was nice to have a break really, after all the years. They did deserve it after all.

Miles 'Tails' Prower was alongside his role model, Sonic, throughout it all, even getting a place as the co-leader of Sonic Corp, despite being such a young age. Of course his knowledge of technology and maturity for the age he was happened to be extraordinary, breaking records, almost matching that of Doctor Robotnik. Not quite, but close.

The guardian of the Master Emerald, Knuckles The Echidna, went back to doing the job he was destined to do forever, guarding.

Shadow The Hedgehog had spent the majority of his free time getting over his past events. He was surprisingly found alive by Doctor Eggman, with a little bit of memory lost. After a while, however, he got his memory back and refused to be a puppet of the Doctor's any longer, leaving to do what he wanted. And so after getting over everything, he was more headstrong and surprisingly more open to everyone else after the sacrifice he had made in space all that time ago.

And the others, they just got on with their lives like normal. Not much changed with them... but things were going to. Things were really going to change, and fast.

It would all flood in.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

The Metal Flood Empty Chapter One

Post by Caliburn Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:33 am

It was a bright day within the small camp area that was untouched by Robotnik... the place where many of the famous Mobians spent their time now, as it proved to be a really effective spot near Robotnik's old base, so it was easy to salvage resources and get together as a group quickly. None of the Mobians went far from the camp at all really, besides Sonic of course.

Speaking of Sonic...

A roar of wind burst across the valleys a good few miles away from the camp site, the blue hedgehog dashing through, the signature smirk upon his face as he ventured throughout the lands. A skid to a halt at the edge of a large cliffside and Sonic casually sat down and glanced out into the horizon. Another perfect day... gentle winds, swaying green grass, and not too far from view was the paradise known as his first real home, Green Hill Zone. Ah, memories. The checkered tiles and striped grass was perfectly in view, as well as a huge blue sky spread for miles, few clouds of pure white floating above, light passing through them almost giving them a golden tint as if they were from the heavens.

Yes sir, today was a good day. A good day for a run. So the hedgehog quickly hopped to his feet, no time to waste, and accelerated off, before breaking the sound barrier and soaring through the valleys once again.

Enjoying it all too much apparently, as a high pitched beep suddenly interrupted his moment of paradise. The hedgehog groaned in irritation, and glanced towards the device on his wrist, accepting the transmission. After all, maybe one day, out of the thousands of calls he got, one of them would be something interesting. And so the screen distorted a second before showing none other than the infamous black hedgehog, Shadow. The blue hedgehog however wasn't very pleased to see him. "What now, Shadow? Can't ya tell I'm on a run? I thought I told y-" He was stating quite plainly, running a steady pace before getting interrupted quite suddenly by the other.

"I don't care, Sonic. This is a serious matter now, so get you, your impatient self back here right now because this is important, got it?" The black one almost yelled, completely throwing Sonic off guard and into more shock, before he recovered quickly and gave an irritated glare back.

Okay first the interruption, and now yelling eh... "Alright alright, jeez, calm down... I'll be there faster than you can say super sonic speed~ This better be good though Shadow. I can't tell ya how many times I've been disappointed with one of these 'big meetups'. Heh." Sonic responded, keeping his attitude positive. After all, if he snapped back, he'd be as bad as the other. And with that the blue one touched the communicator again, effectively disabling communications. It didn't take long for everything around him to become nothing but a blur, as the blue streak soared through the area once again, set on a course for the camp site.

Skidding to a halt immediately, the hedgehog looked down, scooping up a green diamond of some sort. "Odd... looks just like a Master Emerald shard..." He quickly picked up speed yet again, and within a few minutes, arrived at the camp site. "I'm hooooome~!" He called into the room. No-one was here. Wonderful. "...Seriously Shadow if this is one of your tricks, I'm not laughin'..." He stepped further into the room, before looking into the corner.

"About time you got here..." Shadow said, arms folded, staring at the computer screen in the far corner which he stood in. The blue one simply shrugged, rolling his eyes.

He got here fast, no doubt about that. "Yeah whatever. When ya get anger management classes, tell me. Anyway, what's so important that ya had to interrupt my run, and why is no-one here but you?" He questioned, tapping his foot, the back of his hand pressed firmly against his hip, a frown spread across his face so suddenly.

Shadow simply shrugged off the insult before turning around, and stepping out of the way of the computer screen, revealing an article online, headlined 'Eggman sighted in Dark Plains' Odd how they called him Eggman. Though he did look like an egg sort of. "That answer your question?" The hedgehog responded sharply, before quickly firing another response before the blue one could even think to respond. "Everyone left because I told them to. I want this to stay between the two of us. We'll tell everyone if things are confirmed, until then, I really don't want to deal with the rambling about another attack on the Doctor's base."

The blue hedgehog snickered a bit, gaining a response of a raising of the eyebrow from Shadow. "What's so funny?" He questioned. The blue one simply rolled his eyes.

"C'mon, when is it ever NOT confirmed that Egghead's up to somethin' when we see him? I think we shoul-" A quick fire back.

"And I think we shouldn't tell them. Not a word. To anyone. Got it?" The black one almost threatened physically, glaring at Sonic. The blue one nodded in response, sighing deeply.

A glance around the metallic room before the blue one picked up a single golden ring, and glanced to Shadow. "I guess we should head out to Dark Plains, huh?"

"No, we go to the Mushroom Kingdom. Where do you think?" Shadow replied sarcastically, before stepping straight outside. He didn't need a ring. He was strong enough to lay waste to the Doctor's plans without them. He was the ultimate life form after all, and was going to prove that at yet another point.

Sonic followed, resisting the urge to snap back in response. It was just ahead.

=WIP=
(Sort of)
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

The Metal Flood Empty Re: The Metal Flood

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down