Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protector Of Nexus City

2 posters

Go down

Protector Of Nexus City Empty Protector Of Nexus City

Post by kingleon Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:34 pm

Nexus City was much like any other metropolis. Bustling, filled with crowds of people on the sidewalks, and heavily congested roads. For many, it was certainly something that was considered too loud. Somehow, it almost seemed to be louder at night. Something that could be seen, as usual, today. Many may have complained about this fact, but, this could not be said, for a hedgehog with a body covered in yellow fur. The spines coming out of his head, covered with dark blue streaks.If that didn't differentiate him enough, it was the black uniform and cloth on his shoulder, that would identify him as Bolt the Hedgehog. 

He was certainly well known in the city, after all, he was one of it's defenders. As of right now, however, he was off duty, apparently dragged out by his subordinates, identified as such by how they wore the same uniform. As for the reason, they decided that he could should "Loosen Up". To him, it seemed like a waste of time, which would certainly explain WHY they brought him here. Soon enough, one of his soldiers placed his hand on his shoulder. The source being A rather lanky human, a head of brown hair on his head. 

"Come on, Cap. There's got to be something you like to do!" The deepened voice rang out. Only for him to gain no response from the captain, who, had instead chosen to keep his icy gaze forward.
kingleon
kingleon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Protector Of Nexus City Empty Re: Protector Of Nexus City

Post by IceTheHedgehog2468 Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:25 am

Bustling, bumbling, and certainly up there with all of the other metropolises in technology, Nexus was certainly a sight to behold. There was always a place in the hearts of many for cities such as this and the pale furred tourist was of no difference in that account. The hedgehog's blue eyes darted left to right from neon sign to shop window to a luxurious jewelry store. It was beautiful! His small time town was so boring compared to this. Of course each city was different, and he'd been all over as of recent, seeing metropolis after metropolis, but at their heart, there was always something that made the city unique, and not just some "station square two"

The hedgehog once again took a moment to take everything in, smelling the fresh air of the city, quickly giving a disappointed sigh afterwards. "Too much smoke..." he mumbled, looking at all the cars which passed him by, spewing smoke from their exhaust as they drove. "well...that's one thing the city does worse...that I'm sure of..." he huffed, waving the air away from his nose like it was some highly toxic poison. 

With some digging in his jacket pocket, the man managed to pull out a piece of rolled up paper, which seemed to take some damage in being crumpled up in the pocket. He unfurled the paper, revealing a map of the city to his eyes, which then narrowed to study the paper. "..." he stood silent for a minute, reading over everything he could, before flipping the paper around, then turning it over, followed by repeated steps either doubled or done halfway through, like he was turning a 3D object around. With a defeated look growing across his face, the man looked up, his eyes becoming worried. "I'm lost...." he grimaced, looking back at the map. "This is too confusing! I just wanted to go over to a restaurant and eat! so much for chocolate dipped pretzels..." he mumbled.

"Snow was right, I should've bought a phone before coming here. BUT NOOOOOO Glacius is too smart for that! Glacius knows how to read a map!" he clenched the paper in his hands, balling it up and slamming it to the ground, kicking the ball into the air with his boot afterwards. 

"...Maybe there's a phone store nearby... or a villain? I could use some action. Maybe I can make a name for myself! The superpowered hobo! Sounds about right..."

IceTheHedgehog2468

Back to top Go down

Post by kingleon Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:42 am

Ignoring the words of his subordinates, Bolt continued walking forward, apparently, his mind drifting to different subjects, which, was not uncommon for him. Future raids he would have to lead, groups they'd need to keep watch of, enemies foreign, and native alike. Something he never saw a problem with. As his experience had told him, new problems always had a tendency to pop up in this town. 

Eventually, the man found himself being dragged away from his previous route, turning onto the street corner. Where he was going, who knew? He could only hope that they hadn't thought of a way to drag this out any longer. But knowing his luck, that was the case. He let out an annoyed sigh, as he let his gaze fly around the street, observing the city around him. 

It was only when he placed his gaze forward once more, did he take note of an unfamiliar hedgehog, with a lost expression, it seemed like. The man's words only confirming what he knew. The man hadn't even thought to bring a phone... Which gave him a good idea of what the paper was. He promptly strolled past his subordinates, approaching Glacius, as he spoke out. 

"Oi. You new around here? You look lost."
kingleon
kingleon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IceTheHedgehog2468 Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:59 am

Glacius stood firmly planted on the sidewalk as he tried once more to grasp his surroundings. However the hedgehog was unfortunately not able to. Making sure he didn't litter, he bent over grabbing the paper he kicked, thinking to himself afterwards. "incinerate it maybe?" he asked himself, processing if that was worth it. No...too much attention...then again his insulting of oneself and talking like a crazy person wasn't exactly doing him much favors. 

His attention was promptly forwarded to anything nearby, of which one thing that grasped his attention was a flickering shop sign nearby. His reluctant trance was quickly broken however when a voice from a blind spot of his chimed out to him. The question seemed friendly enough, but he also knew muggers liked to take advantage of people in precarious situations such as himself. 

Glacius peered upwards, his light blue eyes shimmering in the light of the signs and street lights that were on. He had pure white fur, striped down the middle of each quill with a blue streak of color. His muzzle, stomach, and arms all had a peach skin tone colored fur to them, although the stomach was hard to see due to black t-shirt. Over the shirt of course he wore an ankle length jacket that was white in color and had the sleeves rolled up over his elbows. Finally, on his legs he wore baggy black cargo pants which he tucked into his black combat boots, and some black fingerless gloves, which matched the black scarf he wore over the collar of his jacket. 

"Ya know..." he started, keeping his eyes stuck on the hedgehog whom approached him. "if youre gonna rob me, do me a favor and just say you're gonna do it. So what do ya want? Wallet? phone? Ive got an expired fast food coupon somewhere in here..." he said, patting his jacket down.

IceTheHedgehog2468

Back to top Go down

Post by kingleon Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:58 pm

"We aren't here to rob you. In fact, we prevent such things..." He responded, strolling over to him. Along with him, were the members of his squad, as one could take note of, all seven wore similar clothing. Black, buttoned down jackets, as well as black cloth plants. But what made the one speaking different, was the red cloth tacked onto his shoulder. 

While he said nothing, another one of them stepped forward, a black wolf wearing the same uniform. Overtaking his captain, and placing his hand on the hedgehog's shoulder. 

"I gotta say though. You should keep the panicking on the low. Had we actually been here looking to rob you, You would've looked like an easy target." 

He promptly removed it, making his way back to the group. It was only then that Bolt spoke once more. 

"My name Is Bolt. Captain of the Nexus City Guardian Corps 10th Division. Who might you be?"

Though the hedgehog doubted he would know his name, if not from the city itself. There was always some chance of that being the case. As his lieutenant had shown him, a small amount of people knew him outside of Nexus. Much to his surprise. For all he new, there could be more. But, such things mostly fell beneath his notice.
kingleon
kingleon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IceTheHedgehog2468 Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:00 pm

Glacius was ready for a fight if need be, seeing how big cities such as Nexus always did have its own bad bunch of apples. Yet when he looked behind the new voice, his cockiness on the matter swayed a bit, the man looking at the large group who apparently followed the hedgehog. "Ah, well its good you're not here to rob me, you would've been in for a rough time...that and I've become particularly attached to this expired gift card." he joked.

The man glanced at each member trying to take in sizes, potential abilities, and fighting prowess, yet it was hard to figure any of that out. At the very most, if they were lying, he figured the two that came up to him, the hedgehog and the wolf, were likely the strongest, he figured the red cloth on the shoulder was a symbol of authority, likely a commander title.

"The panic was less worrying about the fact that I was lost and more worrying about the fact that I wasn't going to be able to eat today..." he mumbled, patting his stomach.

The hedgehog straightened himself up, patting his clothes down of any dust and other such particles he mightve picked up, and smiled, pointing his thumb at his own chest. "Never heard of ya. The name's Glacius the Hedgehog, nice to meet you and your... group..." he said, choking down another joke. He didn't want to annoy them too much when they first met...besides, they were natives of the city, so they could help him find his way around. "Soon to be the best hero around...as soon as I get my name a little more...recognizable..."

IceTheHedgehog2468

Back to top Go down

Post by kingleon Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:06 pm

Wanting to be a hero, huh. His plans for the future weren't so, Idealistic in nature, but, it was nothing he could fault him for. Once upon a time, he was like that, the same could be said for the one he called a brother. And many other around him, for that matter. Regardless, he spoke out about it, thinking nothing of it. 

"Well. If being a hero is your goal, I'd suggest you get better at figuring out how to get around, Map or not... Never know what can happen out here." He went silent, debating upon what his next course of action was. Though helping people around was removed from his usual activities, it wouldn't hurt to help this person out. Especially to prevent anyone trying to take advantage of him not being from here. That much happened to those from different districts crossing into others, that was likely to end up being the case here. 

"If you need, I could help you find your way around? Is there any reason in particular you came here?"

The words apparently put surprised expressions onto the Corps members behind him. As if the man had grown a second head or something of the like. That much, coming from HIM? The man who'd become known for his cold demeanor? Like usual, Bolt ignored this much.
kingleon
kingleon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IceTheHedgehog2468 Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:13 am

Glacius kept to himself silently as Bolt reminisced about Glacius's words, although the pale and cerulean striped hedgehog didn't quite notice the effect the words had on the other in front of him. Instead, he kept a cocky little smile plastered on his face as he jumped up and down, keeping himself warm and active, only perking up when he was spoken to again.

"Oh! Yeah, that's the whole reason I'm traveling around. Trying to find my way around, ya know. If ya wanna be number one, you gotta know when and where to run to, no help getting lost." granted, usually his style of finding the threat was follow the screaming and the source of destruction. "and don't worry about me..." 

The man flashed a toothy grin this time, keeping his distance, in a burst of movement, the man's arms turned into a quick blur, anyone with any sense of speed could see in that short moment, a short burst of punches came out, although he wasn't as fast as some of the more notable names, mainly the iconic blue blur, he had some speed to him, and his form was centered and strong, unlike someone who simply relied on their natural gifts and abilities. 

"I'll be quite fine if we run into trouble." the man said with confidence ringing in his voice. 

"er...actually, yeah..." he mumbled, uncrumpling the paper map he had, trying to squint to gain his placement, then pointing at an, although creased, still legible area. "It's on that street, there was a restaurant I wanted to try right next to the hotel I was planning on staying at." the hedgehog revealed. "I heard it was really good...plus it's right near another thing I wanted to try, but that wasnt until later..." He smiled, the happy demeanor only to be quickly replaced by a confused one when he noticed the surprised faces of the other hedgehog's team. 

"uh..are they ok?"

IceTheHedgehog2468

Back to top Go down

Post by kingleon Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:37 pm

Bolt raised an eyebrow at his question, as he glanced over his shoulder to see what he was talking about. He promptly returned his gaze forward, waving it off. 

"Ignore it. They're fine." He responded. 

That said, he let his gaze move around the hedgehog, almost as if he was sizing him up. A precaution, as he saw it. Though the man said he was going to be a hero, there was always a chance that wasn't the case. One that Bolt wanted to be prepared for. Eventually, he spoke about the man's destination. 

"If that's the case, I could accompany you." He responded.
kingleon
kingleon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IceTheHedgehog2468 Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:17 am

Glacius stared ahead, watching and taking note of each member as he looked back at the other hedgehog's team. Though they said they werent there to rob or mug the hedgehog, that didn't stop other things from occurring, and as a safety precaution, the male understandably kept watch for any movement that could be considered hostile or suspicious.

When Bolt looked back and told him to ignore it, Glacius figured it was probably normal for them to react like that, however even then a response such as that, especially for a team, sounded slightly cold. Nonetheless, he nodded, not dwelling too deeply on the matter. 

When Bolt's eyes began tracing Glacius, the hedgehog figured he was doing the same thing Glacius had been doing not too long ago, trying to size him up, see what type of threat the male holds, however, He was certain that if either of them tried anything funny to the other, both hedgehogs would be in for a rude awakening.

Glacius's ears twitched slightly when Bolt spoke up again, making due on the offer to help Glacius out and possible show him around, although Glacius knew his next step was buying a damn phone. Still, he couldn't help but smile and give a thumbs up, his eyes shining with excitement, whether be it for the aspect of eating again...or potentially making a new friend, one couldn't tell. "I appreciate it" he said, acknowledging the other's helpful attitude and promise.

IceTheHedgehog2468

Back to top Go down

Post by kingleon Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:40 am

"Alright then. What might this restaurant be called? I may have visited it before." With how long he'd been in the city, that wouldn't exactly come off as a surprise... though, aside from his conversation, his gaze, and thoughts drifted to his teammates. Certainly they could refrain from their jokes about his demeanor... Couldn't they? Likely not. Either way, he supposed this wouldn't be the worse use of his time.
kingleon
kingleon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IceTheHedgehog2468 Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:05 am

"I don't particularly remember the name...It was right next to this hotel though..." the hedgehog mumbled, pointing at an area of the crumpled piece of paper that was the map. "It's supposed to be right on the intersections of these two streets but I've been having trouble exactly finding the place. I'm not exactly the best with maps, I'm sure as you can blatantly see." he sighed, looking down like hed failed somebody. "Man snow was right, shouldve got a phone before I left."

IceTheHedgehog2468

Back to top Go down

Post by kingleon Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:56 pm

Bolt stepped forward, putting his eyes on the map. He knew the city like the back of his hands, and, as such, he recognized it almost instantly. He nodded as he saw this, and began to make his way down the street, gesturing for the hedgehog to follow. 

"I've been there before. Good choice." Apparently, his squad didn't intend to let him go alone, for some reason. They followed behind him shortly after.
kingleon
kingleon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IceTheHedgehog2468 Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:58 am

Glacius tilted his head slightly, following the other hedgehog off of instinct and blatant curiosity. It was only when the other gave a signal for him to actually follow did he step forward closely behind though, as he didn't want to over extend the man's niceties. 

"Is it now? I heard it was good, but ya know, I needed to try it before just believing it. What's the phrase? Seeing is believing? Well imma let my tongue see so I can believe."

IceTheHedgehog2468

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down