Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Four Elite

5 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Four Elite - Page 2 Empty Re: The Four Elite

Post by RezTheFalcon Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:08 am

Thankfully for Caen, the warehouse wasn’t too far from the police station. Probably about twenty minutes from where he already was after looking for Ukiyo.

The case file Ukiyo had would hold information on a shipping facility. Not anywhere too well known, but the file reported similar things compared to what happened on the  camera footage of the electronics factory that they were shown at the police station.

Screech held down the button on her own radio and responded to Caen.

“KRRT Okay Caen. We’ll check one of the other locations. KRRT”

Screech then opened the remaining files and set them down on the floor. She thought this would be easier since the desk the files were setting on was about as tall as she was.

“Alright ladies. Where should we go first? Looks like there’s an electronics store, some kind of factory, a robotics lab, and a public storage facility.”
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:13 am

Shortly after Caen's radio call which Screech quickly responded to, the whale girl started listing options. Her ears immediately perked up at "electronics store", but she ruled it out at first since, assuming it's even open, she doubts any clues would be left behind by staff that wasn't already handed over to police. For future reference it might be worth checking on, but only if they really need to later on.
With that said, Dust thought on the other options...

Her main concern was that the more public the facility, the less clues are likely to be found since staff would want to hide them. The less public a facility, the harder it'd be to get in. Yeah, they are working for police, but they weren't really given warrants. They were likely expected to investigate by their own means...

After a bit of thinking, she started noticing a connection. Whatever they could want from an electronics store or robotics lab they could likely get from a storage facility or warehouse too.
With that said, she was most curious about the lab...
How easy would it be to get in, though?

"I'm thinking the lab would be a good start - pretty odd place for some criminals to get involved with, right?" She opens up while looking between the two. "Only issue might be getting in? We're working for the police but we weren't given warrants. If I had some coloured sand I could possibly cover you guys and try and camouflage us... What do we know about this place?"
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

http://pyrode.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:59 pm

Cortana snapped out of it and acknowledged the newfound voice inside her head as Caen spoke.

As for the locations, Cortana showed interest in all of these locations, these places were practically what she was made to infiltrate! Especially the lab, which is what they agreed on.

"I agree, the lab should make for a suitable start, as for getting in, we could just ask for warrents. If he were to deny us that, then you should be pleased to know that I am specialized in infiltration, as I told Flare-san."
"I could get inside and gather data from the computers, as well as let you both inside to take care of the more... Physical evidence."
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by ecolusian Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:36 pm

Ukiyo looked through the files and by this point had gathered that it was a shipping facility. And hopefully not to far from where he was. As he read more he gather that if it was a rather unknown facility then if it had anything specific there then it would more than likely give a big clue as to what it is the mysterious thief was looking for.

Then the radio came through.

While everyone else was teaming up to go towards the lab and investigate over there but caen was going on his own towards the site mentioned in the debrief: The electronics factory.

“I can’t let him go alone, but what if I turn up to help? Would he get mad at me for assuming he couldn’t handle it by himself” He thoughts raged on before he groaned, slammed all his gear into the briefcase save the walkie talkie and spoke into it.
“I’m going with caen! T-that is if he’s okay with it at least. We can’t spread ourselves too thin right? It wouldn’t be save otherwise.”

He psyched himself up one more time and started to walk down the street, he wasn’t sure where he would need to go. It would just be a matter of what came through the walkie talkie.
ecolusian
ecolusian
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:25 am

Screech looked through the file a bit more and said, “Hmm… Looks like it’s not too far from here. It looks like it was a lab at a place called Intelligent Technologies. Don’t know much about it myself.”

The file described that camera footage showed doors opening on their own after hours, and a piece of expensive tech floating out of a lab room. The tech floated down hallways and seemed to strategically avoid robots that were patrolling the building for security purposes.

“Alright. So we’re going to the lab then? I think as long as we go ask when they are actually open, they might let us in. But it is always possible that they would say no. I guess the only way to find out is to go and ask them!” 

Screech then hopped up from the floor and collected the remaining files. She then started marching for the front door of the police station to head towards the electronics lab.
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:35 am

"Seems we've got a plan then, let's get going!" Dust states as she gets ready alongside Screech to head out to the lab. 

If they didn't just let them in, Cortana would find them a way in... Screech seemed to know where this place was(possibly since she was holding the document), so she was taking the lead so far.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:00 am

Cortana had a very interested look on her face as she heard the name of the laboratory.

"Ah, In-Tech, I have very much heard of them before, their technology is quite impressive."

Cortana hadn't had the pleasure of infiltrating them before, they happened to be quite a bit more legitimate than her usual targets. Despite this, she knew quite a bit about them.

"Yes. Ikuzo!" [let's go!]
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:58 am

Screech walked along the sidewalk until she found where the building was. She opened the file about InTech and looked at a photo of the exterior of the building. She then looked back up at the building. Seeing the matching logo on the front of the building along with the one in the photo, she turned around to Dust and Cortana and said,

“Alright! This looks like the place!” She motioned for them to follow as she came up to the door which slid open as the orca got closer. She stepped inside and was greeted by a feminine robot behind a desk.

=Hello! Welcome to InTech How may I help you?=

Screech walked up to the desk, which conveniently had a wide set of small steps to the side to be able to get up to the desk, seemingly like this place was built with Mobians in mind. “Hi! We are here on behalf of the Station Square police. Would it be okay if we took a look around to investigate the strange event that happened recently?”

The robot gave a small bow to Screech and said, =I am sorry, but roaming around the InTech building is not permitted unless specified by the head scientist, Dr. W. E. Zel.=

“Well is he here? If we could just talk to him I’m sure he would understand.” Screech asked politely. The robot quickly answered the orca’s question. =Apologies, but Dr. Zel is in a meeting with one of our private investors right now. If you would like, I can schedule an appointment for you within the next few days.=
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:16 am

It wasn't long before they reached the facility. Dust took a look around, taking it in with a bit of awe and a hint of curiosity. 
"Huh. Neat.

As they reached the entrance, Screech went to the front desk to speak to a... robot. 
Once again, neat. To be fair, this was a technology lab of sorts, wasn't it? Even Cortana said it was quite advanced. 
Of course, while Screech viewed a set of stairs as accommodating for Mobians, Dust kinda saw it as "Mobian-accessible", that it was really made for humans...

After Screech and the robot's short talk, Dust was left befuddled at what to do. 
"I mean, I guess we don't have a time limit. We've got other places to look and didn't come with a warrant or even... contact them ahead of time, in hindsight. There are other places to look around, unless..." She glances over to Cortana, curious if she had any input on the matter. Of course, she knew talking about it in the building in front of the robot would be silly, but Dust figured the other girls would pick up on what she was saying without it needing said.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:29 am

Cortana is sure to admire the building as they walk in, it truly was a nice place, reminds her of home...
Her old home.

Her reminiscing was cut short by the robot, however, who gave a not-so-favorable response, causing her to sigh, and remove her core disk from her back.

"My apologies, ma'am, I am afraid we can not wait."

Cortana shrinks it to the size of a flash drive, and sends it quickly flying toward the robot, if it made contact, she would disappear, as she takes control of it.
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:01 pm

The robotic desk clerk didn’t know what Cortana was doing. When she threw her core disk, the robot didn’t have time to react. The robot’s arms and head slumped over. Screech was a little confused, not knowing too much about advanced technology. Suddenly, a brown ferret in a white lab coat and an older looking possum in a maroon suit using a cane came around the corner.

“Thank you once again Mr. Delacom for investing money to help fund our projects.” The ferret said to the possum.

“You are welcome Zel.” The possum saw the group standing at the counter. “Oh, looks like you have guests Zel. I’ll just see myself out.” The possum tipped his hat to the group as he made his exit. The ferret then turned to Screech and Dust.

“Hello. I am Dr. Zel. Lead scientist here at InTech. How may I help you?”
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:32 am

Around the same time Cortana effectively assaulted the innocent robot lady just doing their job, the person they were intended to speak with comes around the corner. 
Oh no. 
Sure, they didn't seem to notice anything yet, but being a scientist, she didn't have much faith that they wouldn't find out. She didn't even pay the other man any mind, not that they were really all that noticeable to begin with. 

She doesn't look at the robot secretary, hoping there'd be no problems as she keeps her cool and tries to play it off. 
She puts her hands together in front of her as she spoke in a sincere, respectful tone. "Hello sir, my name is Dust and my friend here is Screech. We were hired by the Station Square Police Department to help investigate the recent... oddities occurring around the city. Would you be available and willing to answer questions, or let us look around the crime scene?
She looks over to Screech, specifically at the file, in case he needed proof of her claims. 

Still kicking herself in the butt for not requesting a warrant. Then again, if they were expected to need one, she imagined they would have given them one.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:13 pm

Well, that was awkward... Dr. Zel came at the worst moment, and taking control of this robot was not even worth the trouble, it could only control the lights and doors...

She felt somewhat foolish now, but she could salvage this.
Covering her digital tracks, making it seem like a mere power cycle, Cortana opens the doors and ejects herself as an electric spark, climbing to the roof, and out the building, proceeding to reform herself outside.

"Screech, Dust, I seem to have made a mistake, I am coming back inside to attempt a less aggressive introduction. Play along, if you would."
Cortana explained through the walkie talkies.

"Okay... Let's try that again."

Cortana then re-enters the building, in her normal form, doing her best to make it seem like she just got here.

"Ah, sorry! I forgot something on our way here, have I missed anything?"
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:36 am

Zel clasped his hands together in front of him. “Ah, of course. Well it is nice to meet you Dust and Screech.” Zel then turned to the front door and saw Cortana come in.

“Don’t worry Cortana. We were just uh… Asking Dr. Zel here if we could look around.” Screech said, trying to play it cool. 

Zel was skeptical at first, but decided to let it slide. “Certainly! Miss DC, hold all my calls please while I show the three of them around.” He then turned to the robot who was still hunched over. “Hmm… That’s peculiar…” Zel walked around the desk, then reached a hand up to the robot’s back. He opened a panel in the back and saw that the robot’s power was surged. ‘Strange…’ He thought as he switched a lever in the back to reset the robot. The robot came back online, and Zel sighed in relief. “Okay. Sorry about that ladies. Must have had a trip in the power system. Now, on to the matter at hand.” 

The ferret motioned for them to walk down the hallway Zel had came from before towards an elevator. Screech calmly walked down the hallway with her hands behind her back, trying to not look like their group just tried to hack into the building’s systems.
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:07 am

That was the best this could have gone, and this relieved her greatly.
"Oh, it's nice of you to join us. Was wondering where you went." She said, trying to help play it off.
There was still concern of the robot Cortana possessed, but gladly they didn't speak up.

Dust followed behind Zel and Screech, still looking around with curiosity...
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:34 am

Cortana was relieved that this went so well, as she continued inside with her ordinary stride.

"My apologies, Miss."
She says to the robot, as she passes the fellow secretary.

"Dr. Zel, correct? I'm Cortana Inari, I've heard quite a bit about you, but it's quite nice to finally meet you in person."
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:57 am

Once the group made it to the elevator at the end of the hall, Zel pressed the up button to call the elevator. “Inari… Why does that name sound familiar?” Zel tried to remember where he might have heard that name before. The elevator dinged, signaling that it was ready to bring them up. The door opened, and a purple hedge-cat stepped out carrying a box of spare parts. “How are you doing today Ms. Wilson?”

“Great Dr. Zel! Just bringing these extra parts to the recycling room.” The hedge-cat tried to give the rest of the group a wave but then quickly grabbed the box again when it got too heavy for her to hold with one hand.

Zel stepped to the side and held an arm out to the doorway of the elevator. “After you ladies.” Screech stepped inside the elevator and waited for the rest of the group to get in.
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:11 am

Dust wasn't familiar with the name Inari, nor this young woman carrying the box.
Lots of new names and faces today. Nice.
She waves back at Cynthia, though she was a little worried they might drop the box given how they reacted. Gladly, they seemed to have it handled.
She steps into the elevator with Screech, leaning against the back wall and waiting for Cortana and Zel.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:22 pm

"Ah, yes, I am..."

Cortana was about to say she's Inari's daughter, but it was still a little odd to say. It's not that she isn't proud of that fact, it was still just... New.

*Ahem* "Excuse me, I am the daughter of Kasshoku Inari, who is the proprietor of Inari Robotics and Engineering."

After the explanation, the purple hedge-cat appeared, along with another familiar name.
'Wilson' as in, Cynthia Wilson, perhaps? Yes, that must have been the case.

Though, she was soon distracted by her boots. Those cyan lines, the slightly larger pieces, and that well-placed stripe on the tip and middle...

Not only were those some fine-looking boots, but they were also obviously special in some way...
She really ought to do more in-depth research on this company.

She then realized that she was just standing outside the elevator, staring at shoes when everyone's inside.
Crap.
Without a word, she hastily walks in.
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:18 am

“Ah… That Inari. Quite the competitor they are for my company.” Zel said as he walked into the elevator. He pressed a button for a floor a few up from the ground level. Once the doors closed, he pulled a remote type device out of his lab coat and pointed it at a camera in the ceiling corner. He pressed a button and a red light on the camera turned off. After placing the remote back in his lab coat he turned around to the three and said, 

“Okay. Now that we are off-camera, I’d like to know how you did it Ms. Cortana.”

Screech was slightly panicking now that he was going to not believe they were here to investigate the strange event. “Uh… W-What are you talking about Dr. Zel?”

“Oh, don’t try to hide it. I know Cortana is an android of some kind. I can see it in her eyes. I’ve been building robots since I was a young boy so it’s fairly easy for me to notice things like that. I do believe that you three are here on assignment from the Station Square police, but I’m just curious… How did you manage to shut down my robotic desk clerk? She runs off her own power, so you couldn’t have deactivated her from the power of the building.”
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:45 am

The tone of his voice was concerning when he responded to Cortana being related to Inari, apparently a rival of his.
Wasn't made much better when they stepped out of the elevator, and he pulled out a device and clearly turned off a camera.
"Is... everything alright-?"
"Okay. Now that we are off-camera, I’d like to know how you did it Ms. Cortana." They interrupted, directing everyone's attention to Cortana.
She had no input, only looking somewhat between Cortana and Zel, keeping herself focused on the current topic and otherwise staying quiet. He trusted that they were there for the police, which they were, but she couldn't help but feel that they were 'caught', that they were in trouble and this might lead to a dead end...
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:04 am

Cortana nodded as he mentioned the rivalry between companies, as was natural for them to do.
But she was very much not enthused by the turning off of cameras and getting called out.

"It is alright, Dust, Screech, I had tampered with his things, he deserves to know."

She doesn't face Dr. Zel, as she begins to speak.

"Quite perceptive, Dr. Zel, that there is why you are a worthy competitor to my father's business."

While she would praise Zel's attentiveness, she was a little angry with herself for not being more methodical with her approach to find information. Despite any lack of consequences, she was caught, it couldn't not be embarrassing.

"You are correct, I am indeed an android, my body is comprised of hard-light connected to a core, which allows me to change my form to whatever I wish."

"As for the specifics of how I deactivated your desk clerk, while I apologize for doing so I am afraid that I cannot tell you until our task is complete."

Cortana rolls her neck, and stretched her hands while looking back at Zel, showing off a little by releasing small sparks from her fingertips as she does so.

"Although, perhaps I may not need to tell you, at this rate."
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:01 am

Zel listens carefully to Cortana’s explanation. “Hmm… While I am skeptical about your intentions here Ms. Cortana, I will let you follow along for now.” Zel pulled the remote out again as he said, “Just know that I will be watching you carefully.” Zel didn’t really have any other options. Something disappeared, and was possibly stolen, from his company, and the police had done all they could. Despite being the synthetic daughter of one of his rival companies, the police did send them to help.

Zel turned the camera inside the elevator back on just moments before they made it to their floor. The door to the elevator opened up, and Zel stepped out into another hallway. He walked down the hallway until he made it to a door with letters written on it that said, “AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY.” He placed his hand on a panel next to the door, scanning for his handprint. The door then slid open and he walked inside. Screech followed in after them as she looked around. The first thing that caught her eye was a mark on the wall. An illustration of a rose with four thorns on the stem that looked to be burned into it.

“The item that was stolen was a prototype stasis field generator that we were designing to help astronauts to avoid astral debris by freezing the debris in place. That way it would be easier to maneuver around.” Zel explained to the three. He now paused to give the ladies time to ask any questions. Screech didn’t have any questions, but she was very curious about the rose marking on the wall. She stared at it for a while, before turning back to face the ferret scientist.
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:32 am

Once again, this was the best the situation could have gone. She had to look on the bright side of things - even with rising tension, she remained composed and minded her tongue. Cortana's father wasn't any of her business.
Her being a light construct was pretty interesting though, she took mental note of that, if only cause she found it neat.

The group enter a locked off room behind Zel, with a mark on the wall.
She looks to Cortana, and asks "Are you able to take pictures?"
She then changes her focus back to Zel again.
She does lean her head toward Screech as she does, asking her "What does the file say again about this place?"
Dust didn't know most of what he was saying, though with use of context clues she was able to figure some of it out. Still didn't quite make sense, though. What would someone want with that?
"How big or heavy was this generator?" Considering a lot of the stolen stuff just kinda... floated out, one theory was invisible people, right? In which case, if it was too big, it could require people who also had enhanced strength. Of course, that's partly why she asked Screech about the details. Piece stuff together.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfGames Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:50 am

"Of course."
And Cortana said nothing more.

Zel explained that a stasis generator was stolen, which immediately had gears turning in her head.

Interesting... Very interesting.

What would they do with such a thing? Stopping people potentially? Grabbing objects? Perhaps rebuilding it into another device for a different purpose?

Then she was asked a question, which had her usually unchanging expression to that of a scowl.
If this was a set-up into another joke about her name...

"Yes... I can."
There was no visual indication, but she took a picture of the mark, and would proceed to also take pictures of whatever was asked.

As Dust asked her other questions, Cortana spoke up.

"If I may add, had they taken anything else?"
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next