Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dregan Does An Art; The Return

+2
KingOfGames
Dregan
6 posters

Go down

Dregan Does An Art; The Return Empty Dregan Does An Art; The Return

Post by Dregan Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:59 pm

Well h-h-hey there! It's me, D-D-Dregan!
So it's been a liiii'l while since I did art properly. So long in fact it... really didn't feel worth dragging up a dead thread for it. As such, here's a new thread, with fresh feelings, and fresh art!

So in all truth and honesty, I kiiinda gave up on art altogether for a while. But then we had this biiig li'l pandemic and... well, it inspired me to find time to pick up the tablet pen and give it another whirl!

As such, I recently reopened my DA;
https://www.deviantart.com/drecanic/gallery
And have begun posting things there! And now... I'm also gonna proceed to post stuff here!

Of course, I don't wanna spam this topic with everything at once, wanna take it easy. Thus, gonna start with some of the older stuff... before posting up some more recent works! As such, here are a few drawings from before I gave up a few years back!

Dregan Does An Art; The Return D7a5fj2-3740a2f2-8baa-4564-82d7-58ef8a3f54ab.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMmY0YmI3YWItMjQzNi00NjNiLThjODgtZTRmODk5YTA3Mzg4XC9kN2E1ZmoyLTM3NDBhMmYyLThiYWEtNDU2NC04MmQ3LTU4ZWY4YTNmNTRhYi5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ
A Slight Condition
Here we have 2014 pic of one of my characters, Seth! He's got a, uh... a slightly funky think going on with his arm. Don't worry about it, he'll be fine. Possibly. Maybe.

Dregan Does An Art; The Return D7a5gix-4fd24cc1-4d8a-432d-a979-39ac4e35c2a4.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMmY0YmI3YWItMjQzNi00NjNiLThjODgtZTRmODk5YTA3Mzg4XC9kN2E1Z2l4LTRmZDI0Y2MxLTRkOGEtNDMyZC1hOTc5LTM5YWM0ZTM1YzJhNC5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ
The Coronation Regalia
Here we have another pic from that era, The Coronation Regalia! Which... I don't know why I added the 'Crk' sound-effect back then, it's meant to be a stretch. By all rights, nothing should be breaking.
The idea was a wrestling move where my character Kath would hold her opponent overhead, and then pull down on their legs, pressing her elbow into the small of their spine!
Unfortunately it kinda does just look like she's breaking their back here. Whoops.

Dregan Does An Art; The Return Ddvy94x-cf20a6d5-5fb2-4b79-8007-39af4d9c5717.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMmY0YmI3YWItMjQzNi00NjNiLThjODgtZTRmODk5YTA3Mzg4XC9kZHZ5OTR4LWNmMjBhNmQ1LTVmYjItNGI3OS04MDA3LTM5YWY0ZDljNTcxNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ
I Crush You Now
One last image from that same period - and the last piece of 'proper' art I drew for a long-long time, I do feel this piece actually still kinda holds up. This here is Harvey Gardner, and he's a big mean son-of-a-gun. One part Kingpin, one part E. Honda, Gardner is a big man with big ambitions, and a big amount of punch to launch out of those meaty paws.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Dregan Does An Art; The Return Empty Re: Dregan Does An Art; The Return

Post by KingOfGames Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:08 pm

Ooh, he be a big boi.

But these are all really nice pictures! Very well done!
KingOfGames
KingOfGames
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by RezTheFalcon Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:24 pm

I like 'em! I've wanted to get a drawing tablet to do some digital artwork on, but I've never really had the money for it. Those art tablets aren't cheap y'know!
RezTheFalcon
RezTheFalcon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryni the Wolf Fri May 08, 2020 5:56 pm

These are noice. I like.
Bryni the Wolf
Bryni the Wolf
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Fri May 08, 2020 10:32 pm

Ayyy Dre, it's so good to see you're getting back into art again, and looking at the stuff you're posting versus the drawings in this thread right now, there's some really clear improvement already!! Can't wait to see what else the future holds ^^
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Moving-Wine Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:19 am

WOHOAHH THIS IS BRUTAL Very Happy
Moving-Wine
Moving-Wine
Hero
Hero