Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cinco de Mayo 2020!

2 posters

Go down

Cinco de Mayo 2020! Empty Cinco de Mayo 2020!

Post by Wolf478 Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:55 pm

Heya everyone! 

So, I have been wanting to do a holiday themed RP for a few good years now, and I decided well darn it I'll do it now! Done me some nice research on a few upcoming holidays and guess what, Cinco de May is coming up on the 5th of May, 20 days from now (For me at least, 21 for folks in other parts of the world, timezones are annoying).

No, not Día de Muertos 'Day of the Dead', Cinco de Mayo is spanish for 'Fifth of May' and is held to commemoreate the Mexican Army's defeat of the French Empire in 1862. There are all sorts of celebrations held around the world all the time, I wouldn't have found out about if I hadn't researched! 

If certain real-world places don't exist in the Sonic world, then how does this translate to a RP? Well, I figured since the UZA is roughly around the Americas and Mobian UZA is south of Human UZA we could argue that this celebration would likely translate to a celebration of the end of the Great War between Mobians and Overlander! (Often mixed up with Humans)

In Puebla (Where the battle took place), historical reenactments, parades, and meals take place to commemorate the event, as well as a gathering of national and international artists, musicians and dancers! We can easily hold something like this in an RP! 

If an exciting exploration of the Great War isn't spicy enough for you, we can look at perhaps introducing a.... person with motives to influence some of the activities. After all, the Great War wasn't too long ago, old habits die hard.

Last edited by Wolf478 on Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Emphasis)
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbJFpfGfur74HDRCDFl7bqg

Back to top Go down

Cinco de Mayo 2020! Empty Re: Cinco de Mayo 2020!

Post by Bryni the Wolf Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:23 pm

This sounds fun! I might join this RP!
Bryni the Wolf
Bryni the Wolf
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum