Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Babysitting a Demon

2 posters

Go down

Babysitting a Demon Empty Babysitting a Demon

Post by ChaoticBou Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:09 pm

Oh boy oh boy. Who thought this day would come? Well honestly the cyan fox had never even thought of this situation before. He hardly even knew the slug boy. He had only seen pictures of him. A LOT to be fair. Elec couldn't stop talking about him either when she was around. That was fine. The fox was interested in that. It just felt really strange that they had never really met well. They've said hi to each other one or two times due to just Elec being around, but that was all. It kinda made him a bit nervous, something the fox didn't have quite often. Normally he wouldn't quite care what people thought about his first encounter. But this one was important. This was Elec's kid. And he actually had to babysit him today. If he wasn't going to be at his best this day, it could be a very long one for sure.

So there he was. Standing on the sidewalk right next to a primary school, waiting for the bell to ring and for Milo to come out and hopefully smile towards him. Oh man. All these actual parents around him made him tense. It didn't feel quite right standing here. An 18-year-old waiting for a primary school kid to come out. Quite some people were eyeing him. Was it because they'd never seen him? Or was it maybe because he was holding up a huge sign with 'Milo' written on it, decorated with little squiggly drawings. Yeah maybe he shouldn't have brought it. On the other hand, maybe he didn't quite know how he looked like, maybe he forgot. That's a quite normal thing to do. The fox knew, because he himself never forgot a name or face, but he was told by others who weren't as 'special' as him.

The fox felt jumpy, but not his usual jumpy, where he felt cheerful and at ease. This kind of jumpy felt more stressing. His eyes were glowing. Great introduction to these parents here. He remembered his own primary school time, where quite some parents were quite scared of the little cyan fox kid. Maybe he was gonna harm their child y'know. You never know how those with power turn out to be. They could become reckless and murder the whole school and stuff. That's something a regular kid couldn't do.

Regular.

Milo wasn't regular as well if he had heard the stories from Elec. She always tried to be vague with it, but he knew Milo was a demon as well. From what he had heard from Craid he had quite the sad backstory, but he didn't know too what that exactly was. A sad backstory. Demon. Good at heart. It was obvious this was Elec's kid. Eventhough he was just adopted. From what he could see in the pictures, he honestly quite looked like the orange hedgehog herself. Not in their physical features, but in their expressions. Milo seemed to be a bit more timid, but that could still come with the age. The fox suddenly shook his head. This dreamyness was nothing for him. He was clearly not at ease here. He was slowly starting to think...strangely. Not like his usual self. Maybe it was just because he was hungry. He reminded himself to get a bar of chocolate when Milo would arrive. Now he could only wait with the sign in his hands and a somewhat forced smile on his face, filled with excitement.
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Babysitting a Demon Empty Re: Babysitting a Demon

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:50 pm

The bells melodious ringing was not something to wait on long. It was loud, it was annoying to just hear. But for within it was the sign of freedom. Like a siren before a storm there for a moment was nothing really happening. But then the slowly increasing of murmurs and happy yells and talking build up before the double doors of the entrance were pushed open by the first children who dashed off. Some to their parents, others to the school's play ground and more others off and away to their homes as soon as possible. Child after child spilling out of the building in waves. And with each moment the stream of kids thinning out till only small groups came out alone and finally just some kids solo. 

Of the kids that came out solo, was Milo. The pastel slug having waited for the worst of the crowd to have left, not wanting to get caught up in that again. His entire posture was tense and closed off as he stayed away from the others, not running to any of his peers or even considering the notion of going to the playground where kids had started jeering and happily babbling and playing. No instead his aim was just to get home at this point.

Though as his gaze moved up to look among the parents. There was a second of 'oh right yeah'. The sign, the kinda vaguely familiar figure that seemed so many shades of uncomfortable and the lack of the orange hedgehog. Right she had said she possibly wouldn't be able to pick him up and that she would ask for somebody else to pick him up instead. This was fine, no biggie, nothing to feel panicky about.

Milo took a deep breath straightening himself out a little before heading over to the cyan fox. Each step taken as he nervously fiddle with the stap over his shoulder of the bookbag on his side. Fidgeting with hit as he finally approached, looking up to the taller figure. "Mom couldn't make it?" It were the first words, a question that was asked not with any disappointment, but more that air of nervousness weaved into it. "B-Boubka, right?" He asked as he looked at the fox curiously. Really hoping he had remembered the name right and wasn't butchering it.
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:21 pm

Waiting was booooring. Luckily the bells started ringing and Bou woke up from his daydreaming. It took quite a while before Milo actually came outside. It made him a bit worried. Was this even the right school? Luckily right after he thought that happened the slug kid came walking out. A reassuring smile appeared on his face, but you could still see that he was stressing out a bit. Nice intro Bou.

Milo himself didn't look all to cheerful himself. He could've already guessed that though. This guy was supposed to be pretty shy, but why was he walking out of school on his own? Didn't he have any friends there? The fox remembered that he always walked out of school together with Derek. Then again, that was his only actual friend in primary school. The other children there got told by their parents to try and avoid him, which was pretty understandable. Goshdarnit BOU CAN YOU FOCUS ON BEING YOURSELF INSTEAD OF DAYDREAMING. He again shook his head seeing as the slug started to approach him.

Exactly as Bou planned, the slug immediately asked about Elec. Still, he didn't sound as dissapointed as he'd expect. He nodded in reply. "Mhm. Instead, I'll be here to guide you toward the place you call your 'home'!" He said it with a heroic tone. Yes, he had practiced this line. Yes, that makes him a very sad person, but still, he wanted to set an easy atmosphere. It normally worked with the other kids, so hopefully it'd work with Milo as well. Bou then nodded again in reply. "Yeah! You got it! You can call me Bou if you want though, cuz everyone calls me like that."

Then he reached out with his arm. "Do ya want me to carry your bag? I dunno what your mom usually does, so just tell me how you usually do this and I'll try and keep it as familiar as possible!" He grinned. "Oh uh and do you actually know the way to your home? I can look it up on my phone if you don't, because I honestly have no idea from this point. I usually come from the other way." He scratched the back of his head. This was gonna be a blast for sureeee.
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down